Official: Friendlies

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Forgot Suso was even on the pitch this 2nd half.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
suso fotm

This is going to happen many times in Serie A unless the mids behind him dominate.... even then Suso might not work hard enough to free himself from the marking

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This was not a good game, for sure.

This was also a game that sums up Suso. He had a really great pass to Silva who messed it up, to be fair, but this was a really poor game from him.

The attacking aspect of the game was the most worrying. Samu, in particular, looks out of place.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Decent 90 minutes.

I liked Duarte.. he looks super confident on the ball, and that already makes him better than Musacchio.

Great to see Kessie get minutes.

Hakan is going to play a LOT this season.. He looked good in the regista position and had another decent outing on the left. In terms of workrate and versatility, he is critical to this squad.

Paqueta's positional control was better tonight than in Kosovo, where he just played instinctively.

On the negative side, our front 3 never looked good today. We all know the club needs to dip into the market to address that.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Giampaolo laughing at that interviewer's Bennacer questions reminds me of how I feel when commode wants Bennacer to start like right now.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Guys without good ss we can say ciao... hope Correa will be here and is good. Also Leao us a talented boy.

Duarte us fast and strong. But doesnt know shemes yet. Same for Bennacer who we wait for.

Muuuuuch work to be done. We wait 2 more mercato moves and the sakes + hernandes back.

Suso is mediocre shit with wrong pictzre of reality in hus head where he needs to get payed 6mln per year. In real life he is a mediocre player

Forta ragazzi

Last edited:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This was not a good game, for sure.

This was also a game that sums up Suso. He had a really great pass to Silva who messed it up, to be fair, but this was a really poor game from him.

The attacking aspect of the game was the most worrying. Samu, in particular, looks out of place.

Correct as usual.

Our attack is BAD

Teams will man mark Suso into oblivion.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I love that people go from calling Suso the star TQ and being kept at all cost to turning on him :lol:

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Samu is like a kid who tryes a lot but all tbe other kids just know hes shit.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Correct as usual.

Our attack is BAD

Teams will man mark Suso into oblivion.

Our attack trio is: no.9 box player who never played this calcio till now, rw Suso/maradona who pretends to play tq (still doesnt run) and rw who plays ss but is jzst mediocre super shit.

Yes, its bad.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly, if we're going to be relying on Suso as our CAM, I'd honestly rather sell him and put the money for Correa into getting James (who I don't like, btw) because Samu doesn't hold the ball well enough, he's oddly slow for someone who is supposed to be fast, he can't pass, and he's literally a wet noodle transformed into a human being.

When people are like "Oh, Suso might disappear for half the season, but he can win us games."

Sure, when he scores, yes, but he puts us under so much pressure. He loses the ball so often, and in the middle, it's even worse. On the wing the damage isn't as severe (though it still hurts) and it ruins the shape of the team.

Our midfield doesn't even seem to be a problem, with the way they are playing, it's really the CAM and SS positions that are bad, but I put more on Suso, because that's the mantle he has as the CAM.

Samu has played so badly that I'd rather start Andre Silva over him. I honestly mean that. At least Silva gets into the right positions, he can hold up the ball. With Silva, he is like playing with someone who is wearing running shoes to play a pick-up game. He's all over the place and just gets in the way.

However, Kessie's cameo really showed how his attributes will really benefit this team. Paqueta looked a little rusty, giving the ball away, but his guile gives the team a good style. He just needs to pick his spots--or just recognize that he can only do the trick if it works.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Summary:

- When players like Borini and Castillejo touch the ball a lot, you know what to expect.

- Now, our backbone in defense is Gigio-Capitano. Musacchio leaves a lot to be desired and so does Duarte (in Gigio's save) Duarte looks more comfortable on the ball.

- Calabria? It is going to be another rollercoaster this season.

- Rodriguez? Holding the fort and he knows it.

- Biglia? Unfortunately he is a mistake.

- Hakan? I think it is fair to say him and Bennacer are going to fight for the spot.

- Suso? Dud is technically gifted but anybody can notice that he is not meant to play the trequartista role. He does not have it in him. He can play good games but can he service his forwards? The jury still on but I do not think so.

- Piatek? He was the better SS than Samu but we need him to score goals.

Subs:

- Paqueta? Too negligent on the ball. Still, I think he is being wasted but the Mister is the one that coaches them. From sure fire starter to probable backup role.

- Kessie? There is our starting RCM. Slightly more lost than Borini defensively wise but he gives more options .

- Andre Silva? It is always one more touch for him or bad luck finishing chances.

- Maldini? N/A

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Finally done with the unimportant games!

Let's wait until we've played the league opener and close of the mercato before we worry.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Giampaolo: "There is a long road to go. We need a lot of physical effort to move forward. We need to pay attention to details which we are trying to do with all players."

"Some players have just two training sessions with us. At the moment the duo that gives me more defensive guarantees is Musacchio-Romagnoli. I've yet to see Bennacer properly."

It’s impossible to look brilliant in friendlies. It’s not what I care about. When I said that we need time it wasn’t to look for excuses but because I know how it works.”

“Those who started the game are the ones who give me more guarantees. I trained Duarte, Paqueta, Kessie and Bennacer a very few times. They are quality players but still have to learn the movements collectively. Who started training over a month ago has to improve.”

Super22

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i am starting to doubt GP is a suitable coach for Milan, the offensive aspect of the team is only a tad better then Gattuso.

The team is too static and understanding between players are poor and most of the time they are clueless. They key point is players need to run to open space and shake off their markers. They need to make themselves available for thru ball.

The team need to play vertical thru ball in front of the strikers and Piatek must change his target striker mentality and learn to shake off his marker and create space. Anyone remember Inzaghi?

For all this to happen they must work it out in training which in my opinion have not done so.

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I suppose that we did some athletic training recently, almost every player looked like they have heavy legs, that can't be a coincidence.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i am starting to doubt GP is a suitable coach for Milan, the offensive aspect of the team is only a tad better then Gattuso.

The team is too static and understanding between players are poor and most of the time they are clueless. They key point is players need to run to open space and shake off their markers. They need to make themselves available for thru ball.

The team need to play vertical thru ball in front of the strikers and Piatek must change his target striker mentality and learn to shake off his marker and create space. Anyone remember Inzaghi?

For all this to happen they must work it out in training which in my opinion have not done so.

Giampaolo alway play borini,biglia,samu... its really horrible

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Pretty much same lineup as last season so not surprisingly we achieved pretty much same result and play as last season. Hopefully the new additions can get in synch quick and we can make some kind of class purchase because season gonna be long if we don't.

Schedule