M'baye Niang Thread

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
dont think its 4mil read somewhere arsenal had £6mil bid turned down caen looking for £8mil

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sky 24,sportitalia,sky sport england,,all confirmed we readched agreemnt with caen for 2+2 mil for this kid and he will be on sunday here for medical.
i saw just 1 game and he was impressive yes he needs 1-2 years but top talent

you sure about that?

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
buy him. give him the no. 7. start him alongside pato, in front of el shaarawy. super youth ftw!!!!!!!!!

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we aren't gonna spend 5-6m on a player like Aquilani then we shouldn't spend 1 or 2m less on a prospect who hasn't WC talents.

Of the little I've seen, he reminds me of Sturridge. And will probably never become a top quality player, just like Sturridge.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
What a player is at 17 has often no relation to what he is at 22. So there's no guarantee of his future awesomeness, no matter how wunderkindish he is right now.

Not a Milan type of signing, but then, everything has changed this season... Milan are embarking on a very different youth-oriented transfer strategy. I dunno whether this would be successful or not.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
So did you watch the guy before? Or at least hared of him before today news?

Dude, :fp:.

I've heard about him from before, he's been linked with EPL clubs more that any other team.

For example another talent is Yannick Ferreira-Carrasco, he made his debut last week in the in ligue 2 for Monaco with a goal.

Last edited:

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score
Arsenal have made an offer for him. We should hurry and get him, I'm lovin his swagg.

mn.jpg

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
If we aren't gonna spend 5-6m on a player like Aquilani then we shouldn't spend 1 or 2m less on a prospect who hasn't WC talents.
Aquilani is average.
For fuck sake stop making him like he is better.
4mil on a prospect make more sense than spending it on a guaranteed injury prone average when fit for 5 games / season.
Not saying I know or approve of Niang.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Like Galliani said, Milan can't buy stars, Milan (should) create them.

I don't know who this kid is but we now should look for (great) talents before they started to play on the top level league (first team division) or marked their names in medias. We all know the price of Oscar, Lucas and it is away out of our budget.

Either we get super talent like Pato for much money (I doubt we could now afford such sum of money, at best kind of Shaarwy IMO, maximum around 15 mil euros for U20 players) or make investments for hundred thousand till a couple of mil euros in talented players like we have been doing (Calvano, Hottor, Valoti etc). I read that we haven't given a lot (or enough) investments in youth (at least compared to Barca or Real) although our focus on youth has been getting much better in the last couple of years. What should be concerned is that we should not follow Arsenal's (Wenger's) path, take tons of kids. We should just get important talents and develop them to the level they are expected to.

About this guy, if no member have been following this kid REGULARLY, we should then trust our scouts. :D

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
dont think its 4mil read somewhere arsenal had £6mil bid turned down caen looking for £8mil

no they turned down 5 mil euro from arsenal couse arsenal wants loan with OPTION TO BUY and we are ready to pay caen 2 mil now and 2 mil next year.

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
if Berlusconi is really looking at a youth project them i'm not against purchases like this kid as long as we balance youth buys with some maturity in this team .he seems a good player and only 17 so for the right price it could be seen as a good investment.i still can't believe he is only 17 i mean he looks like he could be strasser's uncle .

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
if Berlusconi is really looking at a youth project them i'm not against purchases like this kid as long as we balance youth buys with some maturity in this team .he seems a good player and only 17 so for the right price it could be seen as a good investment.i still can't believe he is only 17 i mean he looks like he could be strasser's uncle .

It doesn't matter. An uncle could be much younger.

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Will sign for milan. arsenal have withdrawn their interested after they refused to pay 7 million for him. Caen want most of the money now. arsenal was bidding 5 million in total and only 2 million in advanced. big talent, but not a priority for us as we have 2 young strikers loaned out on Afobe and joel Campbell

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Will sign for milan. arsenal have withdrawn their interested after they refused to pay 7 million for him. Caen want most of the money now. arsenal was bidding 5 million in total and only 2 million in advanced. big talent, but not a priority for us as we have 2 young strikers loaned out on Afobe and joel Campbell

Do you know what kind of player he is?

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria

i heard arsene wegner has his eyes set on lionel messi's son since niang is too old to make it into the arsenal xi

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Niang 'interested' in Milan move

http://football-italia.net/22713/niang-interested-milan-move

Milan might’ve found the alternative to Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, as Caen teen M’Baye Niang visited the club headquarters. “I am really interested.”

The Rossoneri had targeted Yanga-Mbiwa as the reinforcement for a defence that has lost Thiago Silva and Alessandro Nesta this summer, but Montpellier rejected the €6m offer.

Instead, L’Equipe claims Caen’s 18-year-old Niang has already visited the Milan training ground for a tour on Friday.

“I was so impressed, it’s magnificent,” he said of Milanello.

“I am really interested in Milan.”

The Under-21 France international, who originates from Senegal, has a contract until 2014 and an offer is expected by the end of the day.

:lol: didnt know niang played CB, some of these sites need to do some homework:fp:

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i heard arsene wegner has his eyes set on lionel messi's son since niang is too old to make it into the arsenal xi

Niang is not too old, he's just 17. good luck replacing Zlatan with a 17 year old who scored 2 goals in the league last season. He had a trail at Arsenal and the fact that Wenger watched him a full week and isnt willing to pay over the odds should tell you everything. The same Wenger who spend 15 million pound on 17 year old Chamberlain when he was league 1 player. His talent is not amazing, but his speed and physique is impressive

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Niang is not too old, he's just 17. good luck replacing Zlatan with a 17 year old who scored 2 goals in the league last season. He had a trail at Arsenal and the fact that Wenger watched him a full week and isnt willing to pay over the odds should tell you everything. The same Wenger who spend 15 million pound on 17 year old Chamberlain when he was league 1 player. His talent is not amazing, but his speed and physique is impressive

the same wegner who splashed money on podolski and chamakh? :lol:

teasing aside, this guy seems like a bluff to me. he's gunna become another of those black strikers who are 18 we sign that turn out to be shit

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

He will not replace Zlatan if he comes. Probably will be loaned out.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

teasing aside, this guy seems like a bluff to me. he's gunna become another of those black strikers who are 18 we sign that turn out to be shit

Dont mean to be hyper critical or anything but most of the youth we signed are hyped and usually dont turn into stars.......regardless of race.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

are you a white guy?

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
People..people..people
Unless you know the guy dont judge.
I can tell you that lately the club is getting good youngstars.
This lad is wanted by the best clubs. It can only be seen as a positive thing if he joins. Look at his age again and hes playing in Ligue 1...If he joins I can tell you 100% that he will not play 4 the primavera because he is too good. He will go out on loan. People hype up the likes of Fosatti (he could be good but this was while in Lega Pro) but then bash this signing.:fp:

Gabriel was a quality signing too and so was Valoti and Pele.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
People..people..people
Unless you know the guy dont judge.
I can tell you that lately the club is getting good youngstars.
This lad is wanted by the best clubs. It can only be seen as a positive thing if he joins. Look at his age again and hes playing in Ligue 1...If he joins I can tell you 100% that he will not play 4 the primavera because he is too good. He will go out on loan. People hype up the likes of Fosatti (he could be good but this was while in Lega Pro) but then bash this signing.:fp:

Gabriel was a quality signing too and so was Valoti and Pele.

So, how many games have you watched from this player?

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
RMC - AC Milan could make a loan offer for Niang with purchase option. (200 000 euros for the loan and 4M for the purchase option).

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
are you a white guy?

i dont see what my race has anything to do with it. look at the french players with black skin that we've bought as "talents" and they turn out to play in ligue 2 or somewhere else like that dominic adiyiah. god mention a minority skin colour and everyone automatically thinks your racist.