The Red & Black Forums - View Single Post - The wrestling thread...........brotha
View Single Post
Old 21-10-2013, 18:50   #10084
Lord7God
Optimistic Pessimist

Fav. Players: Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga

Quote:
Originally Posted by damn View Post
if you actually thought this show was gonna be amazing going in then I really don't know what to say.
biggest show of the year it might be but the build and turmoil in the company meant this was anything but.
biggest doesn't mean best. Destination X >>>>>>>>> BFG every year.

had pretty low expectation to be honest and the show was actually better then I thought it would be.
the only disappointment is the X match.

tag match was way better then I thought it would ever be considering the guys in the match.
phil heath with bromans could be a nice addition

womens match was as meh as expected.

sting vs magnus I didn't care about or expect anything.

EC3 vs indy jobber was fun and I marked when the vanilla midget came out.

roode vs angle was a very good match.
roode looked awesome in this and angle was angle, a wrestling machine.

mainevent I really liked, slower pace, methodical, told a story but some very good spots.
AJ put his body on the line for this match, springboard 450 to the outside through an empty table
them chest slaps from bully, ouch.
nice to see a head chair shot (done correctly too.)

mainevent, tag match and EC3 debut exceeded my expectations.
roode match was great.

only disappointment was the X match which turned into a mess and had a unsatisfactory ending
I expected nothing tbh.
Which is my problem with TNA, TNA fans will say and blame turmoil new bookers Hogan Prichard leaving , turning AJ ...and will say that the future will be clearer and better.
I disagree (about the future) what soured me on TNA is the angles that end with no finish no payoff just stop without a coclusion , turning guys month to month...4/5/6 months of a build not always a great one but months of angles that just stop.
This time will be no different .
Anyone that has high expectations or mediocre ones for TNA's future well I dont know what to say to them.

The more things change at TNA the more they stay the same.This was always going to be a lack lustre mess , but I dont see anything bright happening either. Not that I think it will tank , It will all stay the same ratings and buy rates wise.

Signature
Sent from my toaster using Tapatalk
Lord7God is offline   Reply With Quote