• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giggs, Scholes, Van Der Sar, Keano.
Arsenal have agreed a fee for Brazilian first choice left-back Andre Santos from Fenerbahce worth £5.9M.

Rumor that They've also had a bid rejected for Mario Goetze and have been quoted €35M to sign him.

I dont think Wenger will ever pay 35 Million for a player, Andre Santos deal is as good as done.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Wenger signed someone over 15 :eek:

Judgement day is upon us.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
In addition to Andre Santos, he seems to be looking at 3 Chelsea players [Alex, Benayoun and Malouda] and Gary Cahill.

Chelsea cash plus player bid for Liverpool's Raul Meireles rejected
• Anfield club offered £7m plus Yossi Benayoun back
• Chelsea still hope to sign Luka Modric and Alvaro Pereira

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/29/chelsea-liverpool-raul-meireles

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
alex and malouda would be good signings, benayoun is crap :thumbsdown:

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Benayoun is good player but not what Arsenal need now. Alex would be a good signing,

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rumors that Macheda has joined Newcastle on loan.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
benayoun is awesome esp because he is jewish? seriously i like him he is a lower version of do everything midfield, but his injury was horrible and we have covered that area with aqua man

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
I'm loving Ashley Young at the moment. When he signed I was adamant that Nani/Valencia/Giggs would be our first choice wingers but with Valencia injured and Giggs in the dog house he's come in and been immense. His teamwork with Evra and Rooney is great. Infact our all round play so far has been brilliant.

At the risk of sounding too cheesy, it's excitng to be a United fan at the moment.

Rumors that Macheda has joined Newcastle on loan.

Hope not - after what they did to Rossi.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Reports in Italy claim Newcastle are set to be beat rivals Sunderland to the signing of Federico Macheda on-loan from Man United #nufc #safc

So it could be either Newcastle or Sunderland.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm loving Ashley Young at the moment. When he signed I was adamant that Nani/Valencia/Giggs would be our first choice wingers but with Valencia injured and Giggs in the dog house he's come in and been immense. His teamwork with Evra and Rooney is great. Infact our all round play so far has been brilliant.

At the risk of sounding too cheesy, it's excitng to be a United fan at the moment.

Many United fans felt the same way. Thought Young will be a back up. Maybe Valencia's injury was blessing in disguise. Nani is playing in his natural position and Young is awesome as LW.

Hope not - after what they did to Rossi.

But now they are lot more stable than they were when we sent Rossi. I would have preferred Everton, Bolton but he wont get much game time there.

Lot of ManUtd players in North East clubs (Newcastle and Sunderland).

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ManUtd players in North East clubs. Only need a keeper which O'Shea can :D

GK

Simpson O'Shea Brown Bardsley

Obertan Guthrie Alan Smith Richardson

Macheda Campbell​

Guthrie was ex United academy lad. Read somewhere.

Last edited:

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
L'Equipe
Per Mertesacker is set to become an Arsenal player

GunnerBlog which is very reliable said it is true and should be completed by end of the day.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rumors that Hargreaves had medical at ManCity.. Fuck off :(

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Bahahahha, that'd be hilarious.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Why would Newcastle be closer to Sunderland for loaning in Macheda, when Sunderland's boss played under SAF? Sounds weird to me.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
From Spanish Updater @Mad_Footballer : Details on Per Mertesacker deal to Arsenal: Arsenal and Werder Bremen reach a £7.9million deal for Per Mertesacker.

Joachim Low has confirmed Mertesacker has dispensation to travel to London today for Arsenal medical. Will return to Germany camp tonight.

Rory(Telegraph):Arsenal have had a 2nd bid for Bolton's Gary Cahill rejected. "Way short" of £12m price.

Ben(Times):pictures show Hargeraves shaking hands with Manchester City doctor after sneaking out back door of Bridgewater hospital.

MUFC's Wayne Rooney on Owen Hargreaves move to Manchester City: "He's worked hard and hopefully he gets back playing. He's a great player."

OneUnited

Reaction score
Rumors that Hargreaves had medical at ManCity.. Fuck off :(

Why? It isn't like we lost out on a stalwart. This is going to turn into another Foster scenario, depicting United's willingness to let the players leave as mistakes, albeit for different reasons.

United fans can reminisce all they want about his free-kick against Arsenal and his penalty in the Champions League final. Truth be told, we shouldn't have signed him in the first place.

knockout ned

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ireland, Robinho, Benarbia, Goater, Kinky
Why? It isn't like we lost out on a stalwart. This is going to turn into another Foster scenario, depicting United's willingness to let the players leave as mistakes, albeit for different reasons.

United fans can reminisce all they want about his free-kick against Arsenal and his penalty in the Champions League final. Truth be told, we shouldn't have signed him in the first place.

Quality deal. Pay as you play. We need another midfielder to replace Vieira. Even more so this season as Yaya will be missing throughout January.

No downside in this whatsoever for City. We even have 4 spots left in our 25 man quota. Perfect. Quite pleased with this one.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Update: Germany coach Joachim Low has confirmed he has given permission for Per Mertesacker to leave the national squad in order to travel to London to have a medical at Arsenal. The Werder Bremen defender had been preparing for Germany's Euro 2012 qualifier against Austria on Friday.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Not that he was quality or played any part in our last 2 league championships, its coz after all what we have done he could have fucked off somewhere rather than signing for City. We paid his medical bills for 3 years. Only good thing about Hargreaves post 2008 was somehow we kept our medical staff busy. They earned their wages.

OneUnited

Reaction score
There's an argument to be made that he should show United some loyalty after they helped to try and rehabilitate him over the years, but I don't buy it, not when he was willing to sign a similar contract for us.

All the best to him. His talent should have seen him playing at this level for longer than he has. I still have my reservations about his potential fragility, which is why the deal wouldn't have been "perfect" for us, just like I don't see the Owen deal as such.

They earned their wages.

Those are probably the same useless bastards who passed him fit to sign in the first place.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Those are probably the same useless bastards who passed him fit to sign in the first place.

Who knows. Maybe they knew about his Knees but still Fergie wanted it to be done.

Whatever I'm upset that he is signing for City. I know once we released him we have no right on whom he signs with. Just I expected little bit loyalty for paying his medical bills for 3 years.

Our mistake too for releasing him.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Twitter

MCFC - ideal move for Hargreaves - no relocation hassles and already knows the names of the local doctors and nurses

:D

Heard its one year deal. Will see how many games he will play to get extension.

OneUnited

Reaction score
Our mistake too for releasing him.

He hasn't played a single game yet. You can argue that when he plays consistently and contributes towards them winning trophies, and even then it's speculative to think that things would have turned out the same for him at United as they do at City. For all we know, another year of misery awaited him.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He hasn't played a single game yet. You can argue that when he plays consistently and contributes towards them winning trophies, and even then it's speculative to think that things would have turned out the same for him at United as they do at City. For all we know, another year of misery awaited him.

For all the experts we have, we could have made proper judgment on his fitness before releasing him.

If he has passed City medical means maybe he is fit enough now?

Yeah we have to wait and see.

OneUnited

Reaction score
If we're making "proper judgements", again, he shouldn't have been signed in the first place.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
HargreavesCityposter2aS.png

In his time at #mufc Hargreaves cost just under 1/2 milion pounds per appearance £447,368.42 to be precise. Wonder how much he'll cost

:beer: Getting paid

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I know Hargo wasnt a United legend by any means(he could have been if the injuries dindnt fuck him up) ,but its going to be funny as fuck if he makes it at City :lol:

Hope he does,poor guy deserves it.Btw how can i get in touch with his agent?Brilliant guy :star:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Hargreaves doesn't have an agent, he represents himself.

Agent Hargreaves ..sounds kinda cool,speaking off:

Breaking news,Hargreaves fails the medical at City..he fell out of the transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule