AC Milan - Serie A 2012/2013 Season

Best CB pairing for 2012-2013?

• Total voters

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^I didn't know that if u win EL u get to CL? How come Atletico wasn't in CL?

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
- Actually, Inter has one game less than us (they didn't play against Sampdoria)... so if they win that, they have to make up only 4 points. Them missing Milito is not a small thing. Also Roma and Inter have the Italian Cup Final.
- Klose is back after injury, though I really hope that their first priority becomes Europa League (if you win, you also get to Champions League)
- Hopefully Napoli will get distracted with the Cavani issue (his father said there is 50% chance of him going to Real Madrid)
-

wtf you talking about?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Yeah.

That's simply not true.

You do not enter the CL by winning the EL.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
- Actually, Inter has one game less than us (they didn't play against Sampdoria)... so if they win that, they have to make up only 4 points. Them missing Milito is not a small thing. Also Roma and Inter have the Italian Cup Final.
- Klose is back after injury, though I really hope that their first priority becomes Europa League (if you win, you also get to Champions League)
- Hopefully Napoli will get distracted with the Cavani issue (his father said there is 50% chance of him going to Real Madrid)
-

:fp: how come?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
30 games - 8 left
Milan position - 3rd
2 points behind 2nd place Napoli
6 points in front of 4th placed Fiorentina

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables/live/_/league/ita.1/italian-serie-a?cc=5739

Rules for classification: 1st points; 2nd head-to-head points; 3rd head-to-head goal difference; 4th goal difference; 5th number of goals scored (applied when two or more teams have played home and away. The goal difference basis will be applied if they still only play either home or away)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Serie_A

Milan - Fiorentina 1-3
Fiorentina - Milan Apr 7

Napoli - Milan 2-2
Milan Napoli Apr 14

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Haha, that's what I call a brain-fart :D:D:D

For some odd reason many people make that mistake. Some Fifa, FM game has been made wrongly?

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
For some odd reason many people make that mistake. Some Fifa, FM game has been made wrongly?

I can't explain it :D. I don't think it's a game. It's possible that the rules might have changed since the Uefa cup days, but then again Liverpool had to make quite a bit of noise to be accepted in the next years CL after winning the 2005 CL, because the rules didn't support it.

It's also possible that whoever won the Uefa cup was usually a strong team that also qualified for CL ... and subconsciously people related the two together.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
@Milanello 30 - AC Milan have picked up 30 pts in 2013 league games, more than any other team across the top five European leagues. Unrestrainable.

8ytfdz.gif

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Fuck that article, Milan will prevail.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
31 games - 7 left
Milan position - 3rd
4 points behind 2nd place Napoli
6 points in front of 4th placed Fiorentina

Rules for classification: 1st points; 2nd head-to-head points; 3rd head-to-head goal difference; 4th goal difference; 5th number of goals scored (applied when two or more teams have played home and away. The goal difference basis will be applied if they still only play either home or away)

Milan - Fiorentina 1-3
Fiorentina - Milan 2-2

Napoli - Milan 2-2
Milan Napoli Apr 14

Can't let Fiore finish on same amount while taking care of Napoli would take us one point away from overtaking them.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
32 games - 6 left
Milan position - 3rd
4 points in front of 4th placed Fiorentina

Milan - Fiorentina 1-3
Fiorentina - Milan 2-2

Napoli - Milan 2-2
Milan - Napoli 1-1

Can't let Fiore finish on same amount while taking care with Napoli we have to up our goal difference. As it stands we are trailing by 7. +28 vs +21. Goals scored 58 vs 56 in favour of Napoli

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
32 games - 6 left
Milan position - 3rd
4 points in front of 4th placed Fiorentina

Milan - Fiorentina 1-3
Fiorentina - Milan 2-2

Napoli - Milan 2-2
Milan - Napoli 1-1

Can't let Fiore finish on same amount while taking care with Napoli we have to up our goal difference. As it stands we are trailing by 7. +28 vs +21. Goals scored 58 vs 56 in favour of Napoli

It doesnt count away goals Cause we have more away goals o_o

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It doesnt count away goals Cause we have more away goals o_o

It's a cup competitions(at least AFAIK) rule and as you can see it's not mentioned anywhere.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
OptaPaolo ‏@OptaPaolo 1h
43 - AC Milan have scored the most goals courtesy of Italian players this season in Serie A (43). Azzurro.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
33 games - 5 left
Milan position - 3rd
7 points behind 2nd place Napoli
1 points in front of 4th placed Fiorentina

Milan - Fiorentina 1-3
Fiorentina - Milan 2-2

Napoli - Milan 2-2
Milan - Napoli 1-1

Can't let Fiore finish on same amount so I guess the challenge after this weeken is to protect the 3rd spot.

(while taking care with Napoli we have to up our goal difference. As it stands we are trailing by 7. +29 vs +20. Goals scored 58 vs 56 in favour of Napoli=

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
34 games - 4 left
Milan position - 3rd
7 points behind 2nd place Napoli
1 points in front of 4th placed Fiorentina

Milan - Fiorentina 1-3
Fiorentina - Milan 2-2

Napoli - Milan 2-2
Milan - Napoli 1-1

Can't let Fiore finish on same amount so I guess the challenge after this weekend is to protect the 3rd spot.

(while taking care with Napoli we have to up our goal difference. As it stands we are trailing by 7. +32 vs +22. Goals scored 58 vs 56 in favour of Napoli)

@OptaPaolo 30m
20 - AC Milan have scored 20 goals in the last 15 minutes of play, a league-high this season. Diesel. #MilanCatania [I think this was before Balo last penalty]

@OptaPaolo 1h
14 - AC Milan have conceded 14 headed goals in Serie A this season, a league-high so far. Heights. #MilanCatania

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
If we finish level with Napoli we finish above... no need to score more goals and up our GD, there's no point.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score

I think he was commenting on your previous post about the goals
"(while taking care with Napoli we have to up our goal difference. As it stands we are trailing by 7. +32 vs +22. Goals scored 58 vs 56 in favour of Napoli)"

If I understand it correctly what he's saying, the direct games count as if in our favor ... with away goals counting more than the home goals ... so we don't need to look at goal difference.

Though I don't think we need to worry about Napoli at this point :D

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't think we can make up 7 points in 4 games to catch Napoli. Better we should worry about Fiorentina being on ass !!

If we don't get the third place finish, all the good work of building this team for future will take a huge step back.

Come on, Milan. Thank goodness we ended winning yesterday. We played so good but we can't score. SES is alright but he need to make a better shot selection and Ballo needs to pass a little more than taking it all the way by himself. Hope they mature a little faster.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think he was commenting on your previous post about the goals
"(while taking care with Napoli we have to up our goal difference. As it stands we are trailing by 7. +32 vs +22. Goals scored 58 vs 56 in favour of Napoli)"

If I understand it correctly what he's saying, the direct games count as if in our favor ... with away goals counting more than the home goals ... so we don't need to look at goal difference.

Though I don't think we need to worry about Napoli at this point :D

Where do you get that away goals rule is in place in a League? Can you(Kuja) name any league where it counts?

(We don't need to worry about them indeed but can still keep tabs)

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Head to Head includes away goals, does it not?

There's no reason for it not to... it's happened in the past with Italy.

Like here, it says "Head to head goal difference" which is 0 for Palermo and Cagliari, and then "head to head goals scored, which would result in Palermo finishing above... but Cagliari finish above because 2 of their 4 goals were away goals... thus, giving them the edge.

I dunno. I always thought it was head to head, and then away goals if tied on goal difference within that. I haven't seen anything prove it wrong so far.

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
it seems to me that 'away goal' isn't a factor. it is only the goal difference in H2H then overall GD.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Head to Head includes away goals, does it not?

There's no reason for it not to... it's happened in the past with Italy.

Like here, it says "Head to head goal difference" which is 0 for Palermo and Cagliari, and then "head to head goals scored, which would result in Palermo finishing above... but Cagliari finish above because 2 of their 4 goals were away goals... thus, giving them the edge.

I dunno. I always thought it was head to head, and then away goals if tied on goal difference within that. I haven't seen anything prove it wrong so far.

Cagliari -9; Palermo -10.

Still, I don't think any league uses away goals rule.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I know.

I just don't see why the wouldn't. They play at each stadium... it doesn't make sense to have head-to-head goal difference count and head-to-head goals scored but not apply away goals...

Schedule