Week 24: Roma - Milan 28/02/2021 20:45 CET

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
romag making 1 mistake and all want to bench him
ibra messing 2 top chances - its ok??

its funny that people are talking about ibra missing sitters. Is it the first year you're watching him? He was doing the same during his first adventure with us, and in general he's known for missing clear chances and scoring incredibly tough goals.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
its funny that people are talking about ibra missing sitters. Is it the first year you're watching him? He was doing the same during his first adventure with us, and in general he's known for missing clear chances and scoring incredibly tough goals.

i hate losing points when we have good chances but missing
in today open, attacking football you need to score 2-3 to win because 1 you let in.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Great team spirit, and great management by Pioli (leaving out Romagnoli + correct subs, on time). Calabria and Kessie both MOTM imho, Calhanoglu easily the worst out there. Massive morale boost for the lads!

The days of top notch Italians are long gone, previously we were used to watching Maldini, Baresi, Totti, R.Baggio, Vieri, Buffon, Nesta, Cannavaro, Del Piero, Pirlo... Today the best Italian players are arguably Donnarumma and Verratti, and then I struggle to name two more really good, possibly Insigne and ....? I'm not sure wether any of them are among top 50 footballers world wide. Chiellini&Bonucci are nowhere near Cannavaro&Nesta, let alone Baresi&Maldini - actually the Juventino's are far closer to Materazzi. At their peak they were arguably at the level of Costacurta&Tassotti, not throughout their entire careers though.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
It?s highly likely the talent in Italy has waned. You don?t have to replace yourself with foreigners though. No country is great that needs to do that, so you?re better off just playing with your less-talented players. Rather than importing others and pretending they?re Italian. That?s rather hysterical.

giphy.gif

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
I hope everything is ok with Hakan, Ibra and Rebic and their injuries.
Bad news are that Udinese game is on Wednesday .

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Why are you pretending you're not on the same boat. Didn't you actively wish for bernardeschi to join this club only a couple of seasons ago ?

Chiesa too.

Bernardeschi seemed promising and exciting at Fiorentina. Now not so much.

But in general I am under no illusion that compared to the crop of players that won the WC in 2006 or the one that came close to winning in the 90s, this generation of Italian talent is underwhelming. That seems obvious.

Also, I don?t pine for the days of the 6+5 rule either.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Great team spirit, and great management by Pioli (leaving out Romagnoli + correct subs, on time). Calabria and Kessie both MOTM imho, Calhanoglu easily the worst out there. Massive morale boost for the lads!

The days of top notch Italians are long gone, previously we were used to watching Maldini, Baresi, Totti, R.Baggio, Vieri, Buffon, Nesta, Cannavaro, Del Piero, Pirlo... Today the best Italian players are arguably Donnarumma and Verratti, and then I struggle to name two more really good, possibly Insigne and ....? I'm not sure wether any of them are among top 50 footballers world wide. Chiellini&Bonucci are nowhere near Cannavaro&Nesta, let alone Baresi&Maldini - actually the Juventino's are far closer to Materazzi. At their peak they were arguably at the level of Costacurta&Tassotti, not throughout their entire careers though.

Barella is turning into a fantastic player. Pity he is at Inter.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
It?s highly likely the talent in Italy has waned. You don?t have to replace yourself with foreigners though. No country is great that needs to do that, so you?re better off just playing with your less-talented players. Rather than importing others and pretending they?re Italian. That?s rather hysterical.

Why not. It worked for their 1934 and 2006 WC wins ;)

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Good time for vulture taking a holiday.
Roma rightfully benched.
Cala & Rebic MOTM.

Tonali isnt "becoming better" guys, he's just less shy and confused on the pitch, becoming his real self.
Agree, he is becoming better.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
XmtYdPg.gif

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Great win, I'm so happy

I think Rebic can be the closest player to emulate Shevchenko. When he is in the game, he can be deadly. He took the goal beautifully

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Player rating

Donnaruma 6.5 : maybe he could have saved their goal. Besides that he was commanding.
Calabria 7: super energy and high focus
Kjaer 6.5: looks better with Tomori
Tomori 7: fast and aggressive, I love his pressing game.
Theo 7.5: the Theo we all love, like a high speed train
Kessie 7: very experienced play and battling his way through. He looks tired though
Tonali 5.5: his passing is way off and as usual his pressing is mediocre. Needs to raise his game.
Saelemakers 7: he is very important when he plays well. Good ball retention and some good passes too
Calhanoglu 4.5 : looks like he has been dragged out of bed .. he is horrible when he is bad
Rebic 8: this is the version I like of him. Very aggressive and persistent
Ibrahimovic 6: I really felt how old he is

Subs
Diaz 5.5 : gave good energy and pressed hard, I don't mind him starting ahead of Hakan these days.
Leao 5: lazy and careless, he needs to entre the game with more venom
Krunic 6.5: played with purpose and contributed to both sides of the game
Castillejo: whatever
Meite: whatever

Last edited:

terzino1899

Primavera
Reaction score
This Milan is not fun.

New York hedge fund owns them.
No Italians. Just Africans and Turks & Portuguese Africans. Serie A, like germany and England are dying leagues and dying nations.

Totally being overtaken by the third world. No longer a european identity. Sad.

This, and the other messages that cone after, could only mean that this is a troll.

Is Milan being overtaken by the third world or is Serie A? Both do not make sense, troll.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
what a great win and match

man im so hyped about tomori love his game

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Player rating

Donnaruma 6.5 : maybe he could have saved their goal. Besides that he was commanding.
Calabria 7: super energy and high focus
Kjaer 6.5: looks better with Tomori
Tomori 7: fast and aggressive, I love his pressing game.
Theo 7.5: the Theo we all love, like a high speed train
Kessie 7: very experienced play and battling his way through. He looks tired though
Tonali 5.5: his passing is way off and as usual his pressing is mediocre. Needs to raise his game.
Saelemakers 7: he is very important when he plays well. Good ball retention and some good passes too
Calhanoglu 4.5 : looks like he has been dragged out of bed .. he is horrible when he is bad
Rebic 8: this is the version I like of him. Very aggressive and persistent
Ibrahimovic 6: I really felt how old he is

Subs
Diaz 5.5 : gave good energy and pressed hard, I don't mind him starting ahead of Hakan these days.
Leao 5: lazy and careless, he needs to entre the game with more venom
Krunic 6.5: played with purpose and contributed to both sides of the game
Castillejo: whatever
Meite: whatever

More like he earned a free kick on his first touch and have good shot at goal followed by multiple shitty clearances (actually assists) to Roma players.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Kessie was bossing today tbh
Its Kessie, we rate him at a different level. Unless its a hatrick, 2 assists, and 20 interceptions its just another day.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
I?m confident that Even Pioli will coach circles around Fonseca and make him dizzy with his superior managerial talent.

Roma 0-3 Milan

Ibra to score a brace and Leao to score the 3rd

I got the overall score and who would score wrong, but at least the correct winner and most importantly the biggest truth is that Pioli outcoached and outclassed Fonseca with his superior managerial talent and ballsy decision to bench Romagnoli. Thank you master Pioli!

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Last edited:

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
One of the most enjoyable matches for me as a fan this season.
We had to bounce back.
We had to give it all.
At times we looked rusty and lacked confidence.

But we created more chances than in the previous 3 matches combined.
The players we know can create individually looked like their old selves again.

And we got the result.

Fingers crossed - Milan is back?

Last edited:

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
Not sure i agree with everyone criticising Tonali. I thought he did well in ticking the game over often dropping deep to provide an outlet for our cbs. He did well generally covering gaps. Yes the passing was off slightly but you try dealing with that pressure so young. He's starting to play with a lot more freedom and trust in his ability.

Tomori is clearly a top top player, Ive got friends who watched him at lower league clubs at england when he was on loan and said he was great there so the class is permenant. Other teams will find out about his high press and thats when we will see his true strength.

I don't think it was great individual performances but it was a good team performance. Pioli has worked out our issue before we played out through the fullbacks now there is focus through the middle, he has countered that after Inter and Spezia so credit to Padre Pioli, but it still needs work.

Also been really impressed with Calabria, really aware in both attacking and defending phases.

Good result.

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Put that clip for our boys before each game with some heavy metal music & without saying a word just open the door & send them to war.

Yes.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Watching the penalty again, I'm not sure how Fazio wasn't sent off in the first half. First, he picks up a yellow for the foul on Calabria and then he sarcastically applauds the referee and gets away with it. Should've been two yellows for the whole incident.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
I just hope Rebic and Saele continue playing the way they did yesterday and we'll be gucci in attack

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
So Pioli grows a pair and drops his poor performing captain and then takes off a poor hakan at half time and the whole team plays better.

Coincidence?

Last edited:

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini

Well even tho he plays for the enemy... barella has been playing well... then locatelli is starting to become one of our ?what ifs...?

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
To be honest based on our latest performances i didn't expected much watching this one, i was even going to miss it because i had other things to do but i figured i can't do that and i'm glad i did watch it.

it wasn't the cleanest performance but what i liked the most is the spirit of the team which seemed dead in the past games, and what i really liked is that finally pioli had some balls to sack that useless romangoli out, tomori was a beast from behind with kajer we can really form a great defensive pair, and that is something we didn't have for around 10 years now.

also i liked rebic in this game, finally a good game, not just hardworking or fluke goal, just a solid performance all around the game, also i felt like sales got better when ibra was off the field, it is like having your bully out and he had no fear.

what i didn't like is the useless tonali still playing , we improved hugely when he got subbed off, i hope benacer is back next game, also we need hakan to be back to form, he is around 30 - 40 % of our attacking power with him out of form we are weak in the linkage between defense and attack.

anyway great win, great spirit, hope bloody inter lose points or some of their main fuckers injured (barella, lukako) they got the best luck of injures this season, i hope that changes.

Schedule