Bryan Cristante Thread

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
LOL

I don't compare Christante now with Merkel now but both when they were still 'nothing' to Milan (Christante now and Merkel when was introduced to the first team).

How can we compare Primavera players with Serie A ones?

Ok, my mistake that I did not point it out clearly at the beginning of my comparation.

Thank you, Youth.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Thank you, Youth.

No problem, Sandro.

I like when primavera players got promoted to first team but I prefer more that they could develop in a normal way without having so much pressure on their shoulder.

I only hope, Christante could get a couple of games at least in Coppa next season (2-3 games is already great). That will be already an improvement of his career. The kid is only 17 years old!

I still can't believe he is still 17 years old!

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
No problem, Sandro.

I like when primavera players got promoted to first team but I prefer more that they could develop in a normal way without having so much pressure on their shoulder.

I only hope, Christante could get a couple of games at least in Coppa next season (2-3 games is already great). That will be already an improvement of his career. The kid is only 17 years old!

I still can't believe he is still 17 years old!

Our treatment of the youth is discouraging. Sometimes I want to say they shouldn't send them to serie B,C,D etc but where else would they go? Those lower leagues are not good enough. I know kids are over-rated these days but you cannot tell me all the kids we loaned out to Serie B,D... were not good enough. I deny that.I'd be the proudest man if our youth players can be good enough to play for us. Merkel was, I thought, but G had other plans.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Our treatment of the youth is discouraging. Sometimes I want to say they shouldn't send them to serie B,C,D etc but where else would they go? Those lower leagues are not good enough. I know kids are over-rated these days but you cannot tell me all the kids we loaned out to Serie B,D... were not good enough. I deny that.I'd be the proudest man if our youth players can be good enough to play for us. Merkel was, I thought, but G had other plans.

There is big gap in quality (skill, ability, mentality, experience) between youth team and first team. To bridge this gap, young players should get games and they won't get in Milan (easily). The need (have to, I would say) to be loaned out since we don't possess a B team or reserve team who play regularly when season is ON.

Ideally they are loaned out to Serie A small teams but they need to be really talented to get many games there. I would say, optimally they are loaned to Serie B team (only for best players though, not all primavera players). What they need in first priority is GAMES. Level quality of the games is important but it can be compromised by number of games played (not saying Serie Z if there is :D is also a good choice).

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
There is big gap in quality (skill, ability, mentality, experience) between youth team and first team. To bridge this gap, young players should get games and they won't get in Milan (easily). The need (have to, I would say) to be loaned out since we don't possess a B team or reserve team who play regularly when season is ON.

Ideally they are loaned out to Serie A small teams but they need to be really talented to get many games there. I would say, optimally they are loaned to Serie B team (only for best players though, not all primavera players). What they need in first priority is GAMES. Level quality of the games is important but it can be compromised by number of games played (not saying Serie Z if there is :D is also a good choice).

I don't follow the youth as much as I did in the past. I lost interest. Nothing good seems to come from our youth sector.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
from Timcup. he has enormuous potential. Cristante,valoti, sciglio will new generation of milan. very good technical, strong body, good both short pass vs long pass

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Beside De Sciglio, I vote Bryan for best performance from our youngsters (I count Shaarawy as senior team player). He looked so confidence without any pressure in his shoulder although he played in regista position which could be new or unfamiliar for him. And he is only 17 years old.

He also played with senior team against our junior team in mini game match as left CM.

He could get promoted to the first team if he keeps developing.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Beside De Sciglio, I vote Bryan for best performance from our youngsters (I count Shaarawy as senior team player). He looked so confidence without any pressure in his shoulder although he played in regista position which could be new or unfamiliar for him. And he is only 17 years old.

He also played with senior team against our junior team in mini game match as left CM.

He could get promoted to the first team if he keeps developing.

If any Milan youth player would inherit the CDM, I believe it will be Calvano. Of course, these are mere wishes.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If any Milan youth player would inherit the CDM, I believe it will be Calvano. Of course, these are mere wishes.

From some games of him with Primavera I watched, I don't think CDM (if you mean the midfielder in the center of the trio midfielders) is his best position. I would love to see him playing as side CM, a more box-to-box midfielder. Anything is possible, he is still young and can change his position. I hope he will get many games with his new club and the coach play him in his best position.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
BRYAN CRISTANTE: "I think I did quite well, I played a lot of passes and my more experienced team-mates have helped me a lot but have been helped by the fact that I had many team-mates from the youth team alongside me. I am happy to have the confidence of coach Allegri and every suggestion is worth its weight in gold."

he will replace Ambro.lets bellieve this quy. wonderkit

Calvano very high rate, but he has been injured very much during last year. i hope he will has more space at Verona.and then return milan.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Promote him to the first team :thumbsup:

He deserves it !!!

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i don't follow the primavera much but i quite liked carmona in the tim cup, looks like a pretty sweet left foot and likes to cross which is unusual in this team.

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
If we really wanna build anew, we have to rely on youngsters. Already finished players or 28-29 year olds who consider making Milan as their dream instead of winning with Milan won't help us that much.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
If we really wanna build anew, we have to rely on youngsters. Already finished players or 28-29 year olds who consider making Milan as their dream instead of winning with Milan won't help us that much.

i bellieve Cristante, valoti, innocenti (great in debut game with provercelli: 2 goals, 2 assitt) and Calvano, Albertazzi, sciglio, bastone (new righ back primavera) will make golden era at Milan!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Facemelter

Primavera
Reaction score
i bellieve Cristante, valoti, innocenti (great in debut game with provercelli: 2 goals, 2 assitt) and Calvano, Albertazzi, sciglio, bastone (new righ back primavera) will make golden era at Milan!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
There are some talented guys (I'd also include Hottor), but only a few of them will make it to our first team and even less will become stars.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
udinese wouldn't be a that bad option for him

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
after watching yesterday's game i think cristante can become a great player, over the years i and most have hoped our youngsters would turn out good but they are loaned out year after year and eventually let go, co-owned etc.
But seeing cristante he looks the most talented in years at 17 he is already 6ft+ normally you get these fragile kids who just cant cut it physically but that doesnt look to be the case with this guy, great range of passing good decision making only counted him giving the ball away once. just hope he gets some playing time this season. I know its only 1 game and i dont want to get carried away but its about time a primavera player stepped up to the 1st team.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I like how he passes the ball. Most of his passes are accurate.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
missed the game..... what type of role did he play? More suited for AM or a cm role?

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
missed the game..... what type of role did he play? More suited for AM or a cm role?

He was playing dm, kind of pirlo-esque a deep lying playmaker but what pirlo lacked cristante has good size and hopefully strenght so that could help him out defensively.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
can we sell him for like... i dunno... 40ish mil yet?

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He substituted Montolivo and played more like Monto than Pirlo IMO. He didn't playmake the game in front of CB but was more as distributor of our passes after collecting the ball from our defenders. He was pretty disciplined and played mostly in front of CB until the center line of the football field.

After Ambrosini came, he moved to left CM and move forward more often but still only until 3/4 of the field.

His positive points from this game is (like always) his high quality pass and good reading of the game. He looked also relaxed and confident with his play like in his previous games, giving signal to the spectators that he is not a 17-year-old boy.

He looked not good at defensive duties and still lacked of initiative to ask for the ball from GK/defenders (yes, he is still very young) when he was playing as regista.

Last edited: