Teofilo Cubillas, Jose Velasquez, Cesar Cueto
Wrong thread.

Last edited:

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Ambro as an LCM wouldnt work, as everyone knows. Double anchor would be nice, but we have to play 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2. That wouldnt work either.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
You really think that midfield of Van Bommel, Ambro and Seedorf isn't too slow for Barca?

It's stronger and not much slower than playing with Nocerino.

We need Ibra's talent and inspiration to score goals, there's not much we can do. We need to defend badassely like today and Ibra need to score on the few chances he got.

If Nocerino or Aquilani were amazingly skilled or really fast and strong at defending, I would agree on playing them but they're average in both supporting the attack and defending. Nocerino was awful attacking today and Aquilani is weak and slow.

With Ambro and Bommel, at least we know that the defense will be stronger and with Seedorf, we know that we have someone skilled together with them and that also knows how to defend.

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
I don't understand why you people keep talking about Maxi López; i've seen him thousands of times, and he is the biggest piece of shit i've seen EVER.

Just give him some time to demonstrate how awful his football is... But not now!! not against Barca!

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It will be harsh after this result but Bonera+Ambro to the bench for Abate(assuming he's fit) and MvB.
Man I wish we had Cassano available instead of Robinho,Robinho just can't score against Barca it seems.We have nothing to fear in this match if we play it like we did in the group stage then we should be OK, I mean that same result would get us through!

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel
Interesting fact. only 3 teams have ever drew vs Barca in Camp Nou this season: Sevilla, Real Madrid, Milan.

Barcelona stats in Camp Nou this season: 19 wins 3 drew and never lost. Scoring 90 goals conceding 13.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
In my opinion we need to enter the game looking for a quick goal ala Pato and park the bus. Our biggest risk from this game today was Barca would exploit the wings with Alvez and he would always end up being unmarked. IMO Allegri should play a 4-4-2 / 4-3-1-2 hybrid such as

Bonera - Nesta - Mexes - Mesbah
Abate - MVB - Seedorf - Antonini
Ibrahimovic - Boateng

then as they tire out, bring on SES92, nocerino and emmanuelson to start countering

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Ibra/Robinho/Prince are all fit that's still our best trident that can cause issues for Barca.

Seedorf-Bommel-Ambro as the midfield might be a bit too old inspite of the heroics today.

If Nesta is fit another option we have is play Bonera as RB and Abate as RMF. Abate is far better than Nocerino, Aquilani in defensive dept, used to play RMF before he was a RB and defensively is in par with current Ambro. And he has speed and is has that will to fight.

Ibra Robinho
.....Prince
Dorf........Abate
.......Bommel
Nini...Nesta...Mexes..Bonera
.................Abbiati

??

Mesbah is one player I don't want to see in this game ..

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't understand why you people keep talking about Maxi López; i've seen him thousands of times, and he is the biggest piece of shit i've seen EVER.

Just give him some time to demonstrate how awful his football is... But not now!! not against Barca!

From his very limited time, he had game changing performances against Udinese and Juventus .. Both wonderful goals too .. added couple of assists in between too .. Still don't understand y people talk of him ??:o:o

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
You never go for a goal in these kinda games. You wait till the right moment arrives and you capitalize. We'll for sure get one great chance at least, but we need Ibra or Binho to finish it this time.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This game will see multiple goals from both sides most likely .. Barca will attack in all cylinders .. More open game than today .. we will also get more chances cos of that .. We have to convert our chances and we will win ..

Dias

DAI DAI DAI
Reaction score
Abate/Bonera---Nesta/Bonera----Mexes---Antonini
----------------MVB---------------
-------Aqui ----------Seedorf/Noce
-----------------------------------
------------Boateng ---------------
-------------------- Ibrahimovic----
--------------Maxi------------------

Would like to see Maxi get a chance.. Defensively I think Nesta will be fine, if not - Bonera will need to step up again and repeat his performance like tonight.

I don't think a midfield of Ambro-Boss-Seedorf will do anything offensively. Almost suicidal - that should be our midfield after scoring 2-3 goals. So our creatively lies with KPB-IBRA.. and possibly Robinho? Seedorf doesnt have enough gas past 60 minutes.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

Because our other options are El Sharawy and Robinho.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
wow, allegri will have to make some VERY tough choices for this game.

but i trust him. he'll make the right decisions.

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
we need to sort out our pitch though, I feel sorry for oppossing players having to play on this shit.

campsfield68

Faizan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Too many to name :D
This game we'll have Abate, MvB and no Mesbah for Barca.

We'll hopefully have a fit Binho and Prince, and Barca have to play more open. we can score up to 2, so even conceding twice can result in us going through.

Our players just shouldn't let Camp Nou frighten them. It didn't in group stage at all, so remain positive.

i'll prefer bonera over abate ... bonera was great last night !

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Depends on how Aqua do against Catania...and Nesta/Abate's situations.
I think and hope Aqua will be fit by then. His vision will be needed. Those of you who want Urby or Noce there;....OMFG, that's all I have to say.

Ibra - Binho
KPB
Seedorf - Aqua
MVB
Anto - Mexes - Nesta/Bonera - Abate/Bonera
Abbiati​

Binho should start if he's fit. Yeah he was awful yesterday, but he's a vital part of our best attacking trident.

Dorf should obviously start. Ambro did great, but I'd still pick MVB. Also, Ambro is used to be brought on to close a game, which MVB isn't.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Contain them till the 80th, and then break free and finish it off 1-0. Ok, allow Xavi a late consolation goal.

Deunamist

F*** Juventus
Reaction score

:o:o

R&B Milan

THE BIG BOSS
Reaction score
Ibra-Maxi
Boateng
Seedorf-Aqua
Boss
Antonini-Mexes-Nesta/Bonera-Abate
Abbiati

Aqua and Seedorf will keep the possesion big time.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Plz we don't need Aquilani or Nocerino in the ground in Camp Nou.

Two of the midfielders are guaranteed to be Bommel and Seedorf.

Bommel is returning and is guaranteed an anchor. Again his experience as his current form pre-injury will be vital.

Seedorf at 36 in big games will keep his head calm and provide enough creativity from the midfield without being awed by the Camp Nou atmosphere. Even if he was shit first leg I'd have preferred him to start. Now with his performance today he should/will start 100 %.

The last midfielder spot in Camp Nou should be given to 'someone with balls' if you are borrowing from Captain Lugano's vocabulary. Nocerino looses far too many balls and his defense is just useless.

Aquilani has creativity but Robinho and Prince were not match fit today and a week from now I expect things to only get better. With Ibra-Robinho-Prince-Seedorf I don't expect us to lose cos we didn't have enough creativity.

I'd either play Ambrosini as the last midfielder as again he's another fighter who will not be awed by the Camp Nou hostile atmosphere and will defend and pressure the Barca tici taca football and makes life easier for our defense. If that overall midfield is slow (Seedorf/Bommel/Ambro) which would hinder our counter I'd play Abate (or fit Urby) as the 3rd midfielder as again he's someone who can defend properly as he's our starting RB (leave Bonera as RB in Camp Nou) and he got pace to press and make runs forward.

We will not win this game unless we defend. This is not a game for the weak. Nocerino and Aquilani should watch from the bench. Putting one of these two in the right midfield will just put too much pressure on our right back (Abate/Bonera).

Pack our midfield with midfielders who can defend (I would have loved Muntari this game) and our defenders will have to defend like a fortress like in game 1 (if there's a God please let Nesta be fit for one game or let Yepes come back to his pre injury form) and we will frustrate the hell out of Barca. Counter attack whenever possible (which is another reason y I'd like Abate/Urby to be the 3rd midfielder) and we will get enough chances at goal. We have 3 players upfront who can score from even half chances. (or miss sitters too).

We have chance to pull another rabbit out of the hat.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Rino, Pippo, Maldini, Kaka, Dinho, KPB, TS, Pato, Messi, Deco, Cisse, Hazard, Nesta,Ibra,Aqua
I have some information about what our winning lineup will be in this match...

Mesbah
Mesbah-Mesbah-Mesbah-Mesbah
Mesbah-Mesbah-Mesbah
Mesbah
Mesbah-Mesbah

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
if robi is not fit, we will lose a lot of intensety up front, i don't think SES have the experince of doing it nor maxi have the skills, so i would rather play this formulation

Abate/Bonera---Nesta/Bonera----Mexes---Antonini
--------- MVB----Ambro-----------
----------------------Seedorf/Noce-------
-------Aqui/Urby----------------------
-----------------------Boateng -----
-------- Ibrahimovic-----------------

Playing with 2 beast Anchors would block them for good in the middle(their strength), however we have to score at least a goal as i doubt we can(even with 2 anchors) stop them from scoring at home.

GeNiUs_CiDe

Adroit DarkHorse
Reaction score
Barca dominated the first leg. They were unlucky at times in not scoring in the 1st leg. That and coupled with some excellent defending by Milan at times kept the scoreline at 0-0.

If Barca attacks like the way they did in the 1st leg, eventually the dam will break, and they will score goals, especially at camp nou.

Milan need not be too over confident in their performance in the 1st leg. They got lucky at times in holding Barca, as luck plays a great role in this knock out stages for any team to progress.

Milan may have fewer chances to score, but the most important thing is to capitalize on their chances. Knowing Milan, they need a plethora of chances to score. Again this part comes to tactics and I hope Allegri starts SES and puts him at lone ST position with Ibra behind him as CF.

A 4-4-1-1 formation may just do it for Milan.

luke07

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Boban,Bierhoff, Sheva,Pjanic,Keisuke Honda,Teppei Sakamoto,Bastian Schweinsteiger
4-2-3-1

double anchor = capitano + boss

ses - kpb - ibra

-----Lopez------

seedorf, urby, aquaman all come in 2nd half

we need two big man, ibra and lopez to get all long ball from mexes

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
4-2-3-1

I start to wonder double anchor as well. We are not used to it though but it would be intresting to see

----------- Abbiati ---------------
Abate - Nesta - Mexes - Antonini
--- Van Bommel - Ambrosini ---
- Boateng - Seedorf - Nocerino -
-------- Ibrahimovic ------------

I think Allegri will choose to play Ambro - MVB - Seedorf midfield though.

Our seniors are good in that kind of games where they just need to stand still and cover ground.

Last edited:

R&B Milan

THE BIG BOSS
Reaction score
I start to wonder double anchor as well. We are not use to it though but it would be intresting to see

----------- Abbiati ---------------
Abate - Nesta - Mexes - Antonini
--- Van Bommel - Ambrosini ---
- Boateng - Seedorf - Urby -
-------- Ibrahimovic ------------

I think Allegri will choose to play Ambro - MVB - Seedorf midfield though.

Our seniors are good in that kind of games where they just need to stand still and cover ground.

Fixed

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
4-2-3-1

ses - kpb - ibra

-----Lopez------

seedorf, urby, aquaman all come in 2nd half

we need two big man, ibra and lopez to get all long ball from mexes

Ibra in midfield vs Barca?
SES in midfield as well?
Three attackers on the field vs Barca away?

Seriously?

Did you watch the Arsenal game at all?

Last edited:

Schedule