UCL Round of 16: Manchester United (4) vs AC Milan (0) - 10/3/2010

How ugly is Wayne Rooney?

• Ugly enough for Materazzi to sleep with.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Nearing Ronaldo's "female" friends.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Uberugly.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Uglier than MilanoMichael.

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HeroMaldini

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pato, Kaka(he'll be back!) Prince, Abate, Ibra, Robbie Keane
1. As much as you'd like it, my name isn't "fuck off".

2. It was dying. Somebody happened to resuscitate it with an opinion that was always likely to invoke my opposition.

3. Hello.

oh yea and what are you-a 10 year old kid or sumthin ^^^

OneUnited

Reaction score
your ground is referred to the country over as "the graveyard" it lacks such atmosphere or passion from its "fans"

and a few years ago your fans were nick named "the prawn sandwich brigade" by one of the biggest legends and most successful captains to ever wear the united jersey.

so no "generalisations" or "misconceptions" about it, im simply stating facts.

i feel there is no need to add any more to this argument..but im sure you'll come back with some more dribble to try to convince yourself your right.

but ur wrong and u know it.. :D

Yes, here I am to counter your misguided assertions. What, you think pre-empting my response is going to prevent it? It didn't work on you. Why would it work on me.

The graveyard? I'd honestly like the opinions of the two resident United fans on this one... I've never heard OT referred to as "the graveyard" once, not even from City fans. And they're notorious for using anything in their arsenal to get at United fans. The only childish nickname I've known to be given to a football ground was "Highbury the library". You have an awful tendency to make things up.

Moving onto the prawn sandwich brigade... you do realise he was only talking about a small proportion of United fans, right? Right? Seeing as you’re wrong, obviously you don’t. Keane's damning verdict was levelled at those fans that can be found in the corporate boxes, gorging on their prawn sandwiches. Do you honestly believe that he'd criticise fans in a part of the ground such as the Stretford End? You've completely misinterpreted his criticism, although that doesn't surprise me one bit.

Any more "facts" you want me to disprove? I should hope not. You're beginning to sound like the Fat Spanish Waiter.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
jasper..close thread?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
that would solve so many problems

HeroMaldini

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pato, Kaka(he'll be back!) Prince, Abate, Ibra, Robbie Keane
"Outside of the Stretford End it's always been largely a graveyard. You're not allowed to stand, and if you cheer you get people throwing awful looks at you. That's how it is with many non-season ticket holders. This isn't a slant against fans in general you understand, but tickets are hard to come by and there are people from all over the world trying to get them. Consistency is hard to achieve when you have such a large fanbase. I'd like for more to be done, and last night wasn't very good considering OT is usually pretty noisy for European fixtures, but there are no viable solutions. It's not like it's a recent problem anyway, we've won titles with some miserable people in the crowd for a number of years. It could be much worse, they could be booing at full-time because the team didn't hammer the opposition 8-0 like the Santiago Bernabeu faithful tend to do."

"I was at the game last night, we have seats in Stretford End, tier 2, and have to admit that last night was ther worst atmosphere i can remember, especially for a european game. It doesnot help that even in Stretford End there are always several different songs being song at the same time and only occassionally does everyone sing from the same songbook."

"ill agree on that the atmosphere was terrible in the east the only noise i could hear was the stretford even that were the normal"

BOOM!!! just a few quotes from your very own hard core fans in their fan forum. heres the link for you to enjoy the rest of the posts bashing the "grave yard-like" atmosphere in old trafford. http://community.manutd.com/forums/t/78814.aspx?PageIndex=3

oh and not forgetting the interview with your captain fantastic..here it is:

Keane hits out at sections of United's support in the wake of what he felt was a dire atmosphere in the club's Champions League clash with Dynamo Kiev in 2000. "Sometimes you wonder, do they understand the game of football?" he splutters. "We're 1-0 up, then there are one or two stray passes and they're getting on players' backs. It's just not on. At the end of the day they need to get behind the team. Away from home our fans are fantastic, I'd call them the hardcore fans. But at home they have a few drinks and probably the prawn sandwiches, and they don't realise what's going on out on the pitch. I don't think some of the people who come to Old Trafford can spell 'football', never mind understand it." http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/aug/24/sport.comment

again there is clearly no need for me to add any more to this "argument" but feel free to make another attempt at a come back, i could do with another little laugh

enjoy the links buddy!

OneUnited

Reaction score
"Outside of the Stretford End it's always been largely a graveyard. You're not allowed to stand, and if you cheer you get people throwing awful looks at you. That's how it is with many non-season ticket holders. This isn't a slant against fans in general you understand, but tickets are hard to come by and there are people from all over the world trying to get them. Consistency is hard to achieve when you have such a large fanbase. I'd like for more to be done, and last night wasn't very good considering OT is usually pretty noisy for European fixtures, but there are no viable solutions. It's not like it's a recent problem anyway, we've won titles with some miserable people in the crowd for a number of years. It could be much worse, they could be booing at full-time because the team didn't hammer the opposition 8-0 like the Santiago Bernabeu faithful tend to do."

"I was at the game last night, we have seats in Stretford End, tier 2, and have to admit that last night was ther worst atmosphere i can remember, especially for a european game. It doesnot help that even in Stretford End there are always several different songs being song at the same time and only occassionally does everyone sing from the same songbook."

"ill agree on that the atmosphere was terrible in the east the only noise i could hear was the stretford even that were the normal"

BOOM!!! just a few quotes from your very own hard core fans in their fan forum. heres the link for you to enjoy the rest of the posts bashing the "grave yard-like" atmosphere in old trafford. http://community.manutd.com/forums/t/78814.aspx?PageIndex=3

oh and not forgetting the interview with your captain fantastic..here it is:

Keane hits out at sections of United's support in the wake of what he felt was a dire atmosphere in the club's Champions League clash with Dynamo Kiev in 2000. "Sometimes you wonder, do they understand the game of football?" he splutters. "We're 1-0 up, then there are one or two stray passes and they're getting on players' backs. It's just not on. At the end of the day they need to get behind the team. Away from home our fans are fantastic, I'd call them the hardcore fans. But at home they have a few drinks and probably the prawn sandwiches, and they don't realise what's going on out on the pitch. I don't think some of the people who come to Old Trafford can spell 'football', never mind understand it." http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/aug/24/sport.comment

again there is clearly no need for me to add any more to this "argument" but feel free to make another attempt at a come back, i could do with another little laugh

enjoy the links buddy!

Eh?! One fan's condemnation of the Old Trafford atmosphere by labelling it a "graveyard" adds weight to your claim? Hold up...

"your ground is referred to the country over as "the graveyard" it lacks such atmosphere or passion from its "fans"

Wow, the country over, huh? Put the glue down. By that standard, I could find one random quote - one with no authority - that condemns the San Siro atmosphere, but that's just ridiculous. You've tried to pass off the nickname as a common derision from opposition fans, whilst that isn't the case. Way to flat out lie.

Anyway, didn't I admit that the atmosphere for the average league game was nothing special? The same is applicable to the group stage of the Champions League, nobody is contesting that. It's shit... where's the argument? This brings into question your determination to prove something by bringing up the Keane quote. Are we talking about the Dynamo game here? An average league game? Was the initial argument anything to do with the average atmosphere at Old Trafford? No. You've wandered so far off topic that you're lost. Discussing the atmosphere from a group game doesn't substantiate your claims about that night, does it? Silly boy.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
"Location: europe"

Derrr... derrrrr... maybe dey dont no where i live so i narrow it down... derr

if ur that curious its lucan dublin, ireland. doesnt change the fact that u were owned

OneUnited

Reaction score
You telling me I was owned is about as redundant as an inflatable dartboard.

Derrr.... derrrr

OneUnited

Reaction score
The thread stays open! Quick, Batman! Bring along more irrelevant quotes to the argument that in no way add substance to your claims!

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
Seriously OneUnited, what is the point of you being here? What do you possibly have to gain?

OneUnited

Reaction score
Money. I bet a person 1 shilling that there'd always be somebody willing to bite for the next week.

To victory!

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
I was asking a serious question. It seems like you enjoy trying to be witty and clever but really you're just wasting your time at a forum where nobody cares.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
dude i was at both legs of the Milan-united champ league matches dis year and there was NO COMPARISON in the atmosphere between the San Siro and old trafford.. the sheer volume of noise, passion and choreography at San Siro in the first leg could not be compared to old trafford in the 2nd leg.. all there was in old trafford was anti galzier chants every time the ball went out of play.. fair enuf ye thrashed us on the night (for a number of reasons) but fuck me the atmosphere between the 2 stadiums and sets of fans is incomparable

They were talking about the away fans.

The atmosphere at OT vs Milan was far too relaxed though admittedly. It stemmed down to the players aswell, probably because everyone thought 1 goal and we're through (and let's be honest, it was too easy)

Although to be fair, the San Siro was immense (Besitkas atmosphere levels) in the first 20 minutes and the last 10. For the 60 minutes in between you could only hear the United fans.

No offense, but no one half decent goes on the the forums you posted. 90% of them are under the age of 16.

there's no reason to argue. San Siro is in league with Camp Nou and La Bambonera in terms of providing the best atmosphere. OT doesn't even come close

The Nou Camp has possibly the worst atmosphere of all the major clubs.

I've been to San Siro several times (well 4 or 5 I think, but I can only remember 3) including a massive match vs Juventus and the atmoshphere was meh. Nothing special. For whatever reason the fans stepped it up vs United and it was much better than it usually is.

You musn't have watched United vs Barcelona in 2008, which was easily as loud as Milan vs United.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
what the fuck is going, that game was in stone age

ban this fucking manure troll, one urinated fuck off to your green and gold cafe

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
They were talking about the away fans.

The atmosphere at OT vs Milan was far too relaxed though admittedly. It stemmed down to the players aswell, probably because everyone thought 1 goal and we're through (and let's be honest, it was too easy)

Although to be fair, the San Siro was immense (Besitkas atmosphere levels) in the first 20 minutes and the last 10. For the 60 minutes in between you could only hear the United fans.

No offense, but no one half decent goes on the the forums you posted. 90% of them are under the age of 16.

You didn't go to either game. How do you know? I've been to many sporting events and you have to admit... no matter how much you think you can gauge an atmosphere via TV. You just can't do it justice.

IMO both games had great atmospheres from start, but it's pretty much impossible for a TV viewer to 'know' which was better

Schedule