Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
So you think me posting a comment a month early is a hilarious lie? Talk about pathetic :fp: Had I posted it at the end of November I would've been perfectly correct. Big deal.

Tell you what is a hillarious lie though, you believing we dominated Genoa for half an hour and Gattuso being a quality manager :lol::fp: Watch how Inter totally destroyed them and made it look easy whilst we only managed to win with a last minute wonder goal. That's what a REAL top coach can do.

How did this REAL top coach do against Sassuolo?

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
How did this REAL top coach do against Sassuolo?

You mean the first game of the season where they lost by a single goal? :lol::fp: All I know is that they qualified for the CL in his first season and are second in the table after winning 7 in a row including beating us.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
People want Gattuso to succeed so badly that they’re blind to his many weaknesses. They badly want a club man to become a top coach/potential top coach like Conte, Zidane, Simone Inzaghi, EDF or a lifelong club fan like Sarri. However, unfortunately he isn’t anywhere close and we already had that figure who’s now coaching Napoli.

I can name at least 9 Serie A coaches who are better than Gattuso. Give any of Allegri, Ancelotti, Spalletti, Simone Inzaghi, EDF, Gasperini, Mazzarri, Pioli or Giampaolo the team and I’d bet we’d be no lower in the table and playing better football. Sassuolo/Sampdoria/Torino are just 3-4 points behind us with vastly inferior squads. Can you imagine if they had stars like Romagnoli/Higuain/Suso plus the rest of the 300m squad and homegrown talents like Cutrone/Donnarumma?

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
People want Gattuso to succeed so badly that they’re blind to his many weaknesses. They badly want a club man to become a top coach/potential top coach like Conte, Zidane, Simone Inzaghi, EDF or a lifelong club fan like Sarri. However, unfortunately he isn’t anywhere close and we already had that figure who’s now coaching Napoli.

I can name at least 9 Serie A coaches who are better than Gattuso. Give any of Allegri, Ancelotti, Spalletti, Simone Inzaghi, EDF, Gasperini, Mazzarri, Pioli or Giampaolo the team and I’d bet we’d be no lower in the table and playing better football. Sassuolo/Sampdoria/Torino are just 3-4 points behind us with vastly inferior squads. Can you imagine if they had stars like Romagnoli/Higuain/Suso plus the rest of the 300m squad and homegrown talents like Cutrone/Donnarumma?

You try very hard to point out weaknesses of Milan

bravo

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
You mean the first game of the season where they lost by a single goal? :lol::fp: All I know is that they qualified for the CL in his first season and are second in the table after winning 7 in a row including beating us.

Isn't this exactly what Rino is doing (in his 1st full season) ? Also, top 3 in 2018

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
So you think me posting a comment a month early is a hilarious lie? Talk about pathetic :fp: Had I posted it at the end of November I would've been perfectly correct. Big deal.

Tell you what is a hillarious lie though, you believing we dominated Genoa for half an hour and Gattuso being a quality manager :lol::fp: Watch how Inter totally destroyed them and made it look easy whilst we only managed to win with a last minute wonder goal. That's what a REAL top coach can do.

Did Inter lose against Parma and Sassuolo?

That is what a top coach can do.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Isn't this exactly what Rino is doing (in his 1st full season) ? Also, top 3 in 2018

Trying is one thing achieving it is another. Regardless, when you spend 300m adding players like Higuain to a squad where Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Suso and Cutrone are already regulars 4th should be the minimum objective. Especially when your rivals haven't spent a fraction of that and sell their best players every year (Lazio/Roma).

Gattuso's practically been here a year and I haven't seen any significant improvement in game play or his coaching abilities. We regularly get outplayed for large periods of every game by fodder clubs and only seem to win by individual acts of brilliance from currently 2 of the best players in the league. He's not the guy who's going to close the gap to the top 3 and challenge for trophies. He was fired from all his previous jobs and was lucky to walk into the Milan job when he did. If he'd joined a few years earlier and managed the squads Dorf/Bibbo had he would've been binned too.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
See guys!!! This is where Milan suck!!!!

See!!!!!!!!!

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Did Inter lose against Parma and Sassuolo?

That is what a top coach can do.

Nothing will ever be as shameful as taking 1 point in 2 games against Benevento :lol::fp:

PS Inter have won 7 in a row and are second in the league with some dominating performances (including against us).

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
dominating performances (including against us).

Well, the snek gave them the win and now the snek is naming you ...

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini

Did you say sarri is a lifelong fan?

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
Nothing will ever be as shameful as taking 1 point in 2 games against Benevento :lol::fp:

PS Inter have won 7 in a row and are second in the league with some dominating performances (including against us).

Go follow them instead. Please?

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Go follow them instead. Please?

No, I’ll continue following my favourite team and will only be satisfied once we return to the top. I won’t accept anymore mediocrity like you and the past 5 years. No other top clubs fans (Juve/RM/Barca) would accept their clubs significantly underperforming for so long. If you have a problem with this I suggest you open a forum for Monza :lol:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
3points

giphy.gif

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
He managed to wake the team up with some clever changes. Without Higuain (and with him as he had a poor game before the injury), there was no one to incisively pass from the middle, and Udinese were comfortable in defense. By moving Suso to the center and keeping two wing forwards, our onward pressure increased significantly.

Borini would always look to come in to the box unlike Laxalt who’d look to cross, and that was another benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

don't bring inter here. go fucking watch genoa draw juve, by your logic we must be better than ladri. we dominated genoa more than enough after changing the formation.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

i have no problem in admitting they were the better side against us but did you forget all the shitshow and winning late in most of their games this season? they were playing much much worse than us.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
No, I’ll continue following my favourite team and will only be satisfied once we return to the top. I won’t accept anymore mediocrity like you and the past 5 years. No other top clubs fans (Juve/RM/Barca) would accept their clubs significantly underperforming for so long. If you have a problem with this I suggest you open a forum for Monza :lol:

and bitching here would help achieve your goals?

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
What Milan lacks the most is experience and a fighting mentality. So, for THIS Milan Rino is the BEST coach. Yes, he is the BEST for us at the moment.

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Based on this logic, Allegri is worse than Rino because he could not manage to win against Genoa at home.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Gattuso: “Winning games late? It’s the fruit of the hard work in the summer. It’s not by chance that when other teams are tired we give the feeling that we have something more and push forward. It’s the merit of the sacrifice the guys did this summer.”

:star:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
probably the most enjoyable, albeit stressful, type of wins :proud:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
don't bring inter here. go fucking watch genoa draw juve, by your logic we must be better than ladri. we dominated genoa more than enough after changing the formation.

Actually we were specifically talking about the Genoa game if you bothered to read. He said we dominated them and I said we scraped by in comparison to Inter who annihilated them. But trust you to completely miss the point :fp:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
i have no problem in admitting they were the better side against us but did you forget all the shitshow and winning late in most of their games this season? they were playing much much worse than us.

And we haven't? :lol::fp: They started off the season poorly but have won 7 on the trot and are playing great football. Anyway, this is Gattuso's thread so let's leave it there.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
One of the things I noticed in the last game was that they finally gave up passing at the back at every opportunity. Yes, we still did it and there were situations that could have cost us (considering how fuckin long Donnarumma takes to make up his mind) but I was glad that we no longer used it as our sole tactic.

Hopefully that's the case going forward because more than half the goals we have conceded this season is because of that dumb tactic.

You cant really blame the players for fucking up when they are clearly not comfortable playing that but despite that Gattuso keeps insisting on persisting with that dumbass tactic.