George Weah Thread

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
BLAST FROM THE PAST: George Weah

In our third installment of looking back at cult stars that have played a part in shaping sporting history, Chris McHardy pays homage to Liberian legend George Weah.

Weah-crop.jpg

For article: http://www.sport360.com/component/content/article/95-all-features/51121-blast-from-the-past-george-weah

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
From todays game

BZL_9650_big.jpg

LimerickMilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Zidane, Maldini, McGrath, Keane, Weah, Shevchenko, Gullit, Figo, Ronaldo, Inzaghi,
That Goal

I'll never forget THAT GOAL, watching the highlights of the game on monday night tv, I couldn't believe my eyes :eek:

It was something else.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
George Weah is the fucking Man !!! :star: Batigol can kiss my fucking ass...

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Maldini, Van Basten, Rui Costa, Dida, Cafu, Desailly, Papin, Thiago Silva
sorry i posted in wrong thread

Last edited:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Joy of Six: Goals from corners
by Simon Burnton | Friday 17 June 2011
Six of the most memorable goals from corner kicks, from a Matthäus screamer to a slaloming 70-yard Weah run

5) George Weah (Milan v Verona, September 1996)
No list of the most memorable corners in football history could be complete without this one, from the first day of the 1996-97 Serie A season, and the only corner on this list that resulted in a goal to the other team. It's five minutes from the end of Milan's home game against Verona and they are defending a slender 2-1 lead when the Mastini win a corner. It is overhit and falls to a Milan player, well inside his own area. The coaching manuals, or at least those that are available in English libraries, would say something very much along the lines of "stick it into Row Z". But George Weah controls it deftly and sets off. Milan had called every player back to deal with the corner, so Weah has no one ahead of him to pass to, and runs so quickly even when in possession that, by the time a team-mate catches up with him, he has reached the halfway line and isn't inclined to stop. "It was an incredible run," said Zvonimir Boban. "We were thinking, 'When's he going to stop? When's he going to stop? He's not going to stop! He's never going to stop!'" Verona were undone by a work of genius.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2011/jun/17/joy-of-six-goals-corner-kicks

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Just watched his goal against I think Verona, Best solo goal I've ever seen. Starting form your own box, Midgets like Messi and Maradona can't do that.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
George Weah Gets Masters Degree

Liberian football legend turned politician George Weah of the Congress for Democratic Change Party (CDC)has earned a Masters degree in Management from the Keller Graduate School of Management, Devry University.

Ambassador Weah received his second academic credential at the weekend during an occasion which took place at the Coro Spring Center for the Art in Florida.

Hundreds of Liberian residents in the United States attended the graduation of Ambassador Weah while two dozens others from Liberia were invited to witness the occasion.

Following the graduation, Mr. Weah was commended for his determination to get a second degree. He was also encouraged by some of his compatriots to pursue studies for doctorate degree.

In 2011, Ambassador Weah earned his first degree in Business Management from DeVry University in Florida.

Following his graduation in 2011, Weah said it was never too late for anyone to pursue and achieve a dream.

However, during the 2005 presidential election, some of Weah's critics said he was not fit to be president because he did not have a college degree at the time.

He said he has always wanted to get a college degree, but never had the chance to do so because of his professional football career.

Weah said his degree should serve as a lesson for the young and old that it is never too late to learn.

Weah in 2011: "I just want them to know that [you are] never too old to learn and everyone should keep their hopes alive. I know lots of kids that want to be educated, they want to have college degrees, but they don't have that opportunity, but I think they need to keep believing in themselves that one day it will happen."

With this achievement, Ambassador Weah might consider pursuing a doctorate study before elections in 2017.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201307291113.html

Congratulations King George. always admire you on and off the pitch.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Happy B day! This is one of the players im sad not to have seen enough, was to little to enjoy his football.

On a side note, this totally looks like some satanic worship kind of deal :

1376352_10151655033381937_759517243_n.jpg

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
George Weah ‏@weah_official

La cosa e che ricordate io vengo di un paese africano povero e con guerra e la mia motivazione extra fu sempre cambiare la mia vita.

Gia che non e los stesso nascere in un paese povero e non fare niente che fare qualcosa grande.

ed essere ricordato per avere riuscito a soprasalire come gli dico ai ragazzi sognate ma non dimenticate le radici quella e l'essence.

Per riuscire a essere grandi in tutto lo migliore e avere dedicazione motivazione e molto amore per quello che si fa e sempre sognare.

:star: LEGENDA :star: