The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Actually the real issue is convincing Depay from being the main striker at Lyon to being a bench option at us

I think the problem will be the abundance of LW options (Depay, Rebic, Leao) and CF options (those mentioned plus Ibra and Colombo).

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I think the problem will be the abundance of LW options (Depay, Rebic, Leao) and CF options (those mentioned plus Ibra and Colombo).
Rebic can play on the right. Although it is not his best position.

Granted, Depay wouldnt be the most ideal player. Ideally we would get someone who is primarily a RW but could put in a shift as a backup CF.

But it depends on whether Lyon are willing to cough up cash for Paqueta. If they are not, and want to give Depay in exchange (and provided he wants to come here), we should do it. It is the making the best out of a shitty situation (re selling Paqueta).

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Rebic can play on the right. Although it is not his best position.

Granted, Depay wouldnt be the most ideal player. Ideally we would get someone who is primarily a RW but could put in a shift as a backup CF.

But it depends on whether Lyon are willing to cough up cash for Paqueta. If they are not, and want to give Depay in exchange (and provided he wants to come here), we should do it. It is the making the best out of a shitty situation (re selling Paqueta).

I agree, but still we have too many attackers (on the right we already have Diaz and Castillejo)

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I agree, but still we have too many attackers (on the right we already have Diaz and Castillejo)
Its clear Diaz is Hakan's backup.

If he wasnt, Pioli would have tried utilising him on the right even a bit in all the games we have played so far.

And we need someone better than Castillejo (who is fine as a backup). Especially considering that it seems we are not getting a new RB either.

Last seasonm our right side was our biggest weakness. And it showed again yesterday agaonst Shamrock.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes very. But they're Norway-good.

I think we will beat them comfortably, but there's potential for a big surprise as well.

I have a lot of faith in our team now. If this was two years ago we'd probably lose.

Are they a super-offensive team or those games with 6, 7 goals are just cause they're naturally much better than the other teams in Norway?

They look like a team coached by Zeman

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Getting Depay woud be a dumb move.
2 of him/Rebic/Leao would be benched, while Samu would play RW whole season.
IMO Lyon will sell someone eventually and pay for Paqueta

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Depay/Paq exchange :fp:
Yeah Lyon are that stupid exchanging a 40-50mil Depay who just have his best with a barely 20mil Paq with another shit season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Depay/Paq exchange :fp:
Yeah Lyon are that stupid exchanging a 40-50mil Depay who just have his best with a barely 20mil Paq with another shit season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Lyon are asking 25m for Depay

He is on the last year of his contract

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Getting Depay woud be a dumb move.
2 of him/Rebic/Leao would be benched, while Samu would play RW whole season.
IMO Lyon will sell someone eventually and pay for Paqueta

it's a good economical move for both, Paqueta get a chance to regain value in Ligue 1, and Lyon manage to get something out of a player that is on his last year of contract.

Technically, it would force us to make some adjustments, maybe move Leao on the right.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yeah, he's on the last year of his contract and wants to leave. Doesn't seem to be many clubs interested though, probably because of corona that teams can't spend money. If they want to do the exchange and Depay wants to come we should do it ASAP. Make Rebic play RW I don't care...

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
it's a good economical move for both, Paqueta get a chance to regain value in Ligue 1, and Lyon manage to get something out of a player that is on his last year of contract.

Technically, it would force us to make some adjustments, maybe move Leao on the right.

Leao gonna ride the bench this season.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
dapay...
first rumors were about paq going to lyon after they sell some offensive players
and because of DiMarzio we talking about depay-paq swap??:lol:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Are they a super-offensive team or those games with 6, 7 goals are just cause they're naturally much better than the other teams in Norway?

They look like a team coached by Zeman

They play modern high press, with plenty of aggression. They will likely play further back against us, but they're strong on a counter and solid defensively.

Their football has been dubbed as the best football ever played in Norway.

With all that being said we should be several notches over them in quality.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They play modern high press, with plenty of aggression. They will likely play further back against us, but they're strong on a counter and solid defensively.

Their football has been dubbed as the best football ever played in Norway.

With all that being said we should be several notches over them in quality.

Sounds like Plan B time with long direct balls to Zlatan. Too bad we don?t have Rebic or Leao to attack the second balls, but against a high pressing team we should play long and direct. We did this against Atalanta and they had a really hard time dealing with it.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Depay being available for 25M due to his contract shows how stupid Mirabelli was when he paid 19M for Biglia. It means we valued Biglia at 38M because 1 year contract means half the price. We treated Biglia like a Modric.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
We should sign Jack Byrne. :o He was very impressive against us

Still sucks couldn't go to the match. Who knows next time they'll be playing in Ireland.

Last edited:

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Well with depay we will have ibrah leao delay and rebic who are capable of 20 goal season if we get to 45+ games.

That's 80 goals there. Plus another 20 or so for other player and we are in every competition we play in and will most probably place. Are you guys silly. We take a player like depay every week. And next season when ibra goes we sign a right wing and we have a replacement for him.

We do forget that we actually play a hybrid 4321 formation with the rm playing on the midfield line and the lw playing in the am line. Just because sale and samu might not score 10 goals a season dosent mean they are not responsible for some. Last night samu played a good game and people here were upset because he didn't score a hat trick. His job is to ensure the lw and am can attack more. And you know what hakan got 1 goal and 1assist and sale (lw) got an assist. Think about that.

I would love chiesa because he is a hard working re with more finish product but ATM a CF/lw/cam like depay who is at a good age profile for our team would be a 10/10 transfer imo.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Transfer wish lists: Mati fernandez, sosa, menez, dejong, honda, torres

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
depay would be good for 4312:cool:

Finally we would have players for Giampaolo...but Hakan would play in midfield, and Samu would be our trequartista instead of Suso :lol:

malcher

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Bierhoff, Klinsmann, Boruc
The Europa League final qual. round draw is coming.
We are unseeded and can get matched with winners of the matches in this Seeded group:

Seeded
1 Basel (SUI) vs Anorthosis (CYP)
2 Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) / S?nderjyskE (DEN)
3 Beşiktaş (TUR) / Rio Ave (POR)

Unseeded
4 CSKA-Sofia (BUL) / B36 (FRO)
5 AC Milan (ITA) / Bod?/Glimt (NOR)
6 Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR) / Motherwell (SCO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule