The Official American Football Thread

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Training camps open up all over the United States. Players getting back from injuries (or getting injured).

Anybody here watch American Football. State your favorite teams, players, anything.

Let me start off by saying I'm a HUGE Redskins fan (although it's tough to follow them from Europe). The offseason additions were (like always) grant, and I expect a lot from the upcoming season. However one injury, either to QB Mark Brunell or one of the offensive linemen (no depth), could already ruin the whole season. What Santana Moss did last season is downright inexplicable, even more if you look at what he did for the Jets. Help on the way in the form of Randle El and Lloyd.

What I don't understand is why almost every sports "expert" blasts the Skins for hauling in the big free agents. Even if it does mean splashing out. All the crap about no cap room, that it would hunt us in the future. That we had to cut half our team, where are all the haters now? Seems like our cap expert truelly is an expert.

Throwing big money for Randle El? No problem. He's not a huge receiving threat, but he's a playmaker. Even if he only gets 5-6 touches in the game, those touches are huge gains for your team. Can return kicks/punts and throw the ball or take it for a reverse. Talk about unpredictable.

My other team is the Cleveland Browns. But I'll hold my love story up until there's more interest. I'm really opening my heart here ;) .

PS. Searched for NFL, got squat.

Milanista4_Life

December Here We Go!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tevez ,Sheva, Kaka, Owen, Beckham, Dida, Crespo, Mardona, Inzaghi, Riquelme, Messi, Zizou
Go Steelers!! Big Ben!!!! Forza Roethlisberger! P.S. i cant wait until Steelers Vs. Bengals (thats the Steelers Rivalry)

Last edited:

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
I've been a Dolphins fan since back in the Marino days. I lost interest once Wannstedt took over, but I became hardcore the day that Wanny quit.

I'm looking forward to this year. Saban knows what he's doing and I'm expecting big things.

Milanista4_Life

December Here We Go!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tevez ,Sheva, Kaka, Owen, Beckham, Dida, Crespo, Mardona, Inzaghi, Riquelme, Messi, Zizou
Etrvsco90 said:
I've been a Dolphins fan since back in the Marino days. I lost interest once Wannstedt took over, but I became hardcore the day that Wanny quit.

I'm looking forward to this year. Saban knows what he's doing and I'm expecting big things.
they finished last season very good...beating the Patriots....they should be strong this year and reach the playoffs....

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
49ers fan through and through - Been a season ticket holder since 1980. I have tickets to 49ers training camp this weekend actually and am just waiting for the season to start. I usually go to all home games and last year a bunch of my friends went up to Seattle to watch the 49ers get whopped by the Seahawks.

We've had a rough last 5 years, but atleast I got to live through the glory of then 80's and 90's. Fortunatly I think Nolan has the team back on track and I'm hopeing for an 6-10 or 8-8 year.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Etrvsco90 said:

I am a Dolfan too. I don't know much about American football, but I knew what Marino was doing when I was younger was very special. So if Miami does good, I am content. :)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Haven't watched a game in 2 years ... How are the Rams doing? I liked them in the hay days of Warner, Faulk, Bruce and Holt. The greatest show on turf indeed :tongue:

PS. Glad the Patriots got their asses kicked :D

Milanista4_Life

December Here We Go!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
Haven't watched a game in 2 years ... How are the Rams doing? I liked them in the hay days of Warner, Faulk, Bruce and Holt. The greatest show on turf indeed :tongue:

PS. Glad the Patriots got their asses kicked :D
yeah me too....Steelers play today! Forza Roethlisberger!

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
I thought I'd revive this thread, not only to talk about the pros, but college as well. I'm hoping my beloved New Orleans Saints can stay undefeated, all the way to the Super Bowl.

And here's something for Ashish

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
God, ashit.... you really have no idea how disgusting and vile being a gators/tebow fan is.....

Tebow gives hope to every fat white guy who thinks he can be a pro athlete. I know many of them. It's disgusting...

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:star:New Orleans Saints 12-0:star:

Though, they did make it interesting, and they probably wouldn't have won if not for an epic fail by Washington's placekicker, that lead to the game tying drive that sent the game into ot.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
thelegendsig.jpg

Thanks for all memories Coach! :proud: You'll be missed. :cry:

Congratulations on a spectacular coaching career and for retiring a winner today!

P.S. Come on Cincinnati...skin a few Gators tonight! :D

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Turns out it was Cincy who got skinned tonight. 51-24, with 4 Tebow TDs (one rushing).

Ashish is probably orgasming right now.

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
Lane Kiffin and his dad can go fuck each other sideways. That mother fucker had the nerve to come here, talk tons of shit, stay a year, lose his bowl game, AND THEN BAIL THE FUCK OUT TO USC WITH HIS DAD (defensive coordinator) AND RECRUITMENT GURU, thus fucking up our recruiting at causing recruits to opt out of UT and the last minute. SIGNING DAY IS IN 2 WEEKS.

THEN he had the nerve to say "We're leaving the program better than we found it" and then scurry out of Knoxville before his ass was lynched.

That arrogant fucking backstabbing thundercunt cocksmoker.

(sorry. im a little pissed atm)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
lane kiffin is the ultimate sleeze. Perfect for USC.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Lol well done kiffin :D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Ashy don't make me take back my statement about you in the Pirlo thread.

To to guys credit, he never snuggled with his quarterback's face on the sidelines. Urban did.

wow champion kiffin :proud: :star:

oh give him more credit, kiffin :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

bestest college coach in us :D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
oh i am offended :( ..... not :D

kiffin
kiffin-tennessee.jpg

my arse singing rocky top al night :D
utfla_12103_atb_27_t607.jpg

kiffin kiffin kiffin :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::dance::dance::dance::spank::spank:

and Tennessee are like wtf :conf: why did lane :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty: :D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BTW Just forgot to congratulate Alabama, they deserved the title, no doubt they are the best team in college team.

congrats crimson tide, but there is always a next season ;)

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
NFC Divisional Playoff

Arizona Cardinals 14
:star:New Orleans Saints:star: 45

Woooooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One game away from the Super Bowl!

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
So Tennessee hired Derek Dooley? Who the hell is that?

The players already seem to really like him. He's certainly a much classier guy than Kiffin, but that's not saying much. 17-20 at a WAC school isn't exactly confidence-inspiring, though.

P.S. Congrats Lisa.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
NFC Divisional Playoff

Arizona Cardinals 14
:star:New Orleans Saints:star: 45

Woooooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One game away from the Super Bowl!
You live in Florida. :o :tongue:

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Super Bowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts

New Orleans 31-28 Minnesota final/ot

Yep, that's right, the :star:New Orleans Saints:star: are going to the Super Bowl for the first time in their existance, thanks to a 40yd fg by Garrett Hartley!
Omg, they're going nuts on Bourbon Street.:D

I don't believe it! I don't believe! I don't believe it!

We still have another game to play, but after being a fan of this team for 30 years, sticking with them through all those bad years...those years when we were the joke of the NFL....damn this feels so good.

I'm so proud of these guys...Brees, Colston, Sharper, Hartley, Bush, Shockley, Thomas, and the rest of them...plus our awesome coach Sean Payton.:proud:

Bring that Lombardi Trophy back to New Orleans, guys.

Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who dat say goin beat them Saints!

Very classy of the Saints to have Deuce McAllister there.:proud:

Last edited: