Mattia De Sciglio Thread

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
I have faith in this kid.
I haven't felt like this about a primavera kid in a long time.
Make it happen kid. :thumbsup:

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Hoping to see more of him this season, he looked very composed in his performances last season.

this is what stood out for me the most. very nice to have taken the no. 2 jersey. like i said in acerbi's thread, i love it when young players take up the jersey number of former players who were great.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
He was extremely confident, concentrated and consistent when given the change. He has the quality and work-rate to become a starter in the next few years, who knows he might become the new Maldini, right footed leftback :D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
The kid impressed a lot, especially in Inter game when he was half injured but wouldn't give up.

Also didn't lose his cool when Maicon wanted to bully him.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Already no 2 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

He will play in this no for a lot of years for us ..

Abate and De Scheleo as RBs .. 2 youth team products covering one spot .. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope our youth project can have more results like this next 2-3 years ..

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Knowing Abate won't be benched, I hope De Sciglio plays left-back.

olEe

Nicole, Ti Amo.
Reaction score
Knowing Abate won't be benched, I hope De Sciglio plays left-back.

:thumbsup:

De Scig & Abate as fullbacks would be really cool. Given that we don't buy new ones. I'd really like Kolarov here f.ex., and De Scig could be back-up at both left and right. :eek:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:thumbsup:

De Scig & Abate as fullbacks would be really cool. Given that we don't buy new ones. I'd really like Kolarov here f.ex., and De Scig could be back-up at both left and right. :eek:

I want De Sciglio given an honest chance. If we'd sign amazing full-backs, okay, he can be their backup, but with our junk I'd pick De Sciglio first.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
We should use De Sciglio often, especially against weaker teams, with playing time he can become similar to Maldini, if the doesn't get playing time he will become similar to Bonera or Antonini + He will become a threat to both Abate and Antonini/Emanuelson motivating them play better

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It seems he is the first choice for Abate's backup (with possibility De Sciglio could be starter if Abate looses his focus in keeping good performance). He has big chance to get games as left fullback if Taiwo and Didac move from Milanello (I hope only Taiwo does and Didac competes with Atonini to be first team player for left back).

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I read somewhere that he can play:
RB----CB----CB----LB and sometimes as a Midfielder (not only LM/RM)

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I read somewhere that he can play:
RB----CB----CB----LB and sometimes as a Midfielder (not only LM/RM)

He can play sometimes as a midfielder? When? :tongue:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
We should use De Sciglio often, especially against weaker teams, with playing time he can become similar to Maldini, if the doesn't get playing time he will become similar to Bonera or Antonini + He will become a threat to both Abate and Antonini/Emanuelson motivating them play better

saying that he can become similar to Maldini is naive. Maldini is the best LB ever. to say that he could be at his level is a huge stretch

He should get a chance at LB though, he deserves game time

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
saying that he can become similar to Maldini is naive. Maldini is the best LB ever. to say that he could be at his level is a huge stretch

He should get a chance at LB though, he deserves game time

i only said i hope he can become SIMILAR to Maldini, we need a Primavera player to step in the 1st eleven and be an example to the others, we need that, we need to believe that our Primavera players are able to break into the first team. That would also give Primavera players confidence.
Maldini wasn't just an amazing player, he also was a symbol to all the young players out there, that's what we need now...:proud:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i only said i hope he can become SIMILAR to Maldini, we need a Primavera player to step in the 1st eleven and be an example to the others, we need that, we need to believe that our Primavera players are able to break into the first team. That would also give Primavera players confidence.
Maldini wasn't just an amazing player, he also was a symbol to all the young players out there, that's what we need now...:proud:

Abate and Antonini?

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score

i alway dream about primavera players to step in the 1 st eleven every season. for long time milan's Primavera hasn't been produced good player as baresi, maldini... 2 years ago, we had Strasser, Merkel. the Both one is good player and very promising. But now Strasser always injure and he appears limit potential. Merkel has enormous potential but he was sold to Genoa.
Now i hope Sciglio and Cristante will have more time in first team.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Abate and Antonini?

We hope better than them of course. Antonini came first then came Abate who in my opinion is better than Antonini in general skill and ability needed by fullback in Italian team like AC Milan. Seeing we have been investing more than before in youth, it is expected more of our products step in and become first team player of Milan.

For now it is just too early to judge in what level De Sciglio will develop into, for me who loves youth development is happy enough to see we have probably first (at least second after Bonera) choice for sub player in RB position. I don't dream he will be starter but I hope will get more games from Allegri.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Abate and Antonini?

Yes but they were lucky, not talent, when they came back from Empoli both were close to s**t(abate had just speed, antonini just heart) but we needed a RB and a LB that was willing learn and to prove himself , I think Tassoti dedicated a lot of his time to these fellas during that period of time.
But you know what's the biggest problem IMO, we got them after they played for Empoli, meanwhile Barcelona gives their youths to teams like Arsenal(Fabregas), ManU(Pique). Our best youth products are lucky to play in Serie B(with very very few exceptions like Matri, Miccoli, Paloschi)

Last edited:

MilanCampeador

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
But you know what's the biggest problem IMO, we got them after they played for Empoli, meanwhile Barcelona gives their youths to teams like Arsenal(Fabregas), ManU(Pique). Our best youth products are lucky to play in Serie B(with very very few exceptions like Matri, Miccoli, Paloschi)

Well, to be fair, Barca had to pay about 35 mil to get Cesc back, that way it's a lot easier to stall prospects at big clubs ;)

Crashie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He is a back can't play center. He should be given a honest chance because the kid looks promising.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
let's go wenger on his arse and start him every match.

DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!DE SCIGLIO!!!!!!!

I'm very serious at this point. i'm probably over the edge too. ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
No, he can not play CB. End of story.

Quote: “De Sciglio is a versatile player. He can play both on the right and on the left in the defence and he can also play in the midfield,” Evani, who played for Milan for 13 years, told Tuttomercatoweb today (Sunday). “De Sciglio could even be used as a central defender even though he’s still lacking physical strength.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Evani knows better. Just needs to bulk up, could play centrally in a couple of years

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Our anchor for the new season? :eek: