Week 13: Milan - Napoli 23/11/19 18:00 CET

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
lol @Ibra,Deulofeu, AC Milan fans are like an abused girlfriend that clings on everything from the past instead of moving on

Ibra still could do a lot of good for Milan. He is a leader, a champion and can score goals out of the blue. Deulofeu only plays for himself and has failed at every club he’s ever turned out for - maybe except for 6 mediocre months at Milan.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Biglia and Rebic could replace the suspended Bennacer and Calhanoglu against Napoli [Sky]

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Biglia and Rebic could replace the suspended Bennacer and Calhanoglu against Napoli [Sky]
At this point every time i read a milan related news i make a spontaneous cringe expression.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

could? Who else would have been able to replace them?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Rebic needs to get a couple of 90min games before we can dish him out. Bakayoko was shit at the beginning of last season as well and then he blossomed.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Rebic needs to get a couple of 90min games before we can dish him out. Bakayoko was shit at the beginning of last season as well and then he blossomed.

True, I think he can provide some of the hustle and physical prowess we have been lacking.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Donnarumma

Rodriguez
Musacchio
Romagnoli

Conti
Kessie
Biglia
Theo H

Suso
Leao
Rebic

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Suso - Leao - Rebic

top trio should work well

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Forza Modern Meelan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Milan 1 - 1 Napoli
Lozano 23 (N), Bonaventura 28 (M)
Stadio San Siro

Giacomo Bonaventura’s scorcher earned Milan a point, but Napoli had more possession and scoring opportunities at San Siro in a draw that pleases nobody.

These were the two sides whose tallies were worse off compared to last season, as Napoli were on 19 points (28 by this stage in 2018-19) and Milan 13 (21). The Rossoneri were scrabbling in the bottom half of the table after losing three of their previous four games, with Hakan Calhanoglu and Ismael Bennacer suspended. Suso pulled out in the warm-up, so with Samu Castillejo, Fabio Borini, Leo Duarte and Ricardo Rodriguez injured, Ante Rebic stepped in.

The Partenopei were tearing themselves apart after the squad refused to go into a training retreat, prompting the club to order a press silence and threaten huge fines. Arkadiusz Milik, Mario Rui, Faouzi Ghoulam and Kevin Malcuit were injured, but Lorenzo Insigne was returned to a forward role rather than on the left wing.

It was a very aggressive start from the hosts and Alex Meret got his fingertips to a Rebic cross, taking it away from Jack Bonaventura sliding in at the back post.

Alessio Romagnoli’s header from a corner was straight at Meret, but it was Napoli who took the lead with their first genuine foray forward.

Insigne’s curler from the D bounced off the crossbar and Chucky Lozano was quickest to react, nodding in the rebound at the near post.

However, it lasted for only five minutes, as Jack Bonaventura hit a screamer into the far top corner from the edge of the box and there was little Meret could do about it. This was his first Serie A goal since October 2018 and marked the end of the injury nightmare.

Napoli should’ve gone 2-1 up moments later, but Jose Callejon fired wide after Lucas Paqueta’s poor midfield pass sparked the counter.

Elseid Hysaj was fortunate not to score a bizarre own goal, as he fell on to a low Theo Hernandez cross from the left and could only watch as the ball dribbled millimetres past the post.

Rade Krunic showed great vision to spot the Rebic run at the back post, but the Croatian misjudged the flight of the pass and scuffed his header wide.

Insigne thought he’d scored on the stroke of half-time when the offside trap failed, but Gianluigi Donnarumma rushed off his line to block the finish with his legs, one-on-one.

Rebic had a knock to the knee in the first half and made way for Franck Kessie during the break. Kalidou Koulibaly’s overhead kick from a corner was not far off target at all, while Insigne wasted a promising chance by turning wide at the near post.

Mateo Musacchio had to make a perfect sliding tackle on Lozano as the Mexico international was sprinting into the penalty area, but Insigne went off following a knock to the elbow.

Eljif Elmas completely wasted a great chance after Lucas Biglia’s error sent him clear, as he tried to draw a foul from Donnarumma and was instead quite rightly booked for simulation.

Theo Hernandez managed to excellent pull-backs from the left in the space of three minutes, but both times Koulibaly was there to clean up, above all with his block on Piatek’s tap-in.

Allan tested Donnarumma both at the near post and with a volley from the edge of the area.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Summary:

- Good first half.

- Second half not so much.

- Our fitness lacks a lot. Lots of players were done after 60 minutes.

- Biglia? Dud is done. His positioning is really bad so if he has a misstep he is flied by.

- Theo? Unfortunately, he failed on Napoli's goal. Still he is a must.

- Romagnoli-Musacchio? They were good.

- Conti? So-so

- Paqueta? One major fuckup but his passing was on point for most of the night.

- Krunic? Gotta love the lad. Nice pass to Rebic.

- Rebic? He was injured in the first 5 minutes.

- Piatek? He did a lot of hard work but he lacks what he had last season, teamwork.

- Jack? Good first half, second half he was done.

Subs:

- Kessie? He was Meh until he was the DM.

- Calabria? Lots of Sprite.

- Leao? Kid can become a serious weapon but his decision making is almost like Andre Silva's

- From Napoli's? Koulibaly was everywhere. Same can be said of Allan.

- Lots of positives but lots of negatives too.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Only 3 pages in a match thread? Must've been a boring 0-0, I'll assume :rolleyes:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
samuel played over suso -> injured
rebic played over suso -> injured

hmm...

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Donna: :thumbsup:

Conti: Solid defensively. RicRod-esque performance.

Roma-Musa: Solid for the most part.

Theo: Kept Hirving onside. Did alright overall with a more cautious approach than the usual.

Krunic: Most improved player in the last games.

Biglia: One of our best in the first half-hour, but then he lost his mind it seems. Still I wasn't a fan of the Biglia-Calabria sub. Seemed like a knee-jerk decision a la the infamous Rino decision to take off Biglia for Serie A debutante Baka against Napoli last year.

Paqueta: Started off brightly and lasted more than the usual 50 mins. Had a few fuckups, the usual temper tantrums against the ref and the end product is still lacking, but I'm happy with him at the moment.

Rebic: Made a good cross. The rest was amateurish. He should be the last in the pecking order. Below Borini, Samu, Suso, Bona, Hakan & Leao.

Piatek: sigh..

Bona: The only one who can take his chances it seems. Still, his lack of athleticism and winger instincts is really hampering the team during transitions into attack.

Kessie: Alright as mezz'ala/RCM. It was far better than the displays as LCM/Theo's bitch.
Then he showed why he isn't anchor material.

Calabria: He did admirably well considering he isn't a mezz'ala, but.....why? Was Biglia injured?

Pioli: A good and promising team performance. I would've done the Piatek-Leao sub earlier. Calabria as mezz'ala...really?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like pioli didn’t have another option as mezalla.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Allan and koulibaly were next level. Wow

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Decent performance all things considered... unlucky with the RW position.

The thing that really pissed me was Piatek's performance and Pioli's reluctance to sub in Leao much sooner. He should've done it at around 60th minute, but I guess the reason is that Leao is not really good at playing lone CF role.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
3 pages lmao

Guess I wasn't the only one putt off by Bonaventuras inclusion

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3 pages lmao

Guess I wasn't the only one putt off by Bonaventuras inclusion

forum was down... and lol, Jack was our best player yesterday

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Strange game. First half was watchable overall; second half seemed to have a pall over it. Like everyone was afraid of going for it. I guess they were.

This team has improved, but Rebic and Piatek are demoralizing to watch. Biglia can't be depended upon not to make a costly error. Or 2. Piatek can't and won't score. And Rebic's miss yesterday was about as bad as Piatek's against Juve. Rebic has been really disappointing. His attitude. His fitness. His limitations.

I hope we can pick up at least 8 points in the next 4 games. The goal should be 10-12 obviously.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Gotta start picking up three points eventually. All these "improved" performances mean nothing without all the points. Next match is Parma so.......

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Why was the forum dead? Anyway, I see Paqueta and Conti improving. Jack was good. Biglia, Piatek, and Rebic were trash. Also, I wouldn't mind cashing in on Romagnoli and Dollar, if it meant real investments in the team.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Why was the forum dead? Anyway, I see Paqueta and Conti improving. Jack was good. Biglia, Piatek, and Rebic were trash. Also, I wouldn't mind cashing in on Romagnoli and Dollar, if it meant real investments in the team.

The forum's health coincides with that of the club. When the club is 14th, the forum needs to rest to recover. Should we end up in relegation, possible CPR required.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Agreed on all points

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Good to have Bona back. In the last 5-6 years, he's still the only player this club has had who can read the game like a true top player. Hopefully he can continue contributing.

Nothing much to say beyond that really. Napoli was there for the taking and these were 2 points lost.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
3 pages, holy crap. forum is dead