Ricardo Rodriguez Thread

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I like the dude, but he looks so rigid on the field. He does manage to pull off some effective low speed body feints once in a while, but the way he moves around makes lb kaladze look like a gazelle

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think he's been good. A lot of people just expected him to be that guy bombing up the wing whipping in crosses and scoring long shots. And to be fair at one point he was made out to be that guy. Not sure if he ever was, don't watch Bundesbitch enough to know.

He definitely isn't the most dynamic fullback, I bet he'd be more appreciated with a guy like Conti complimenting the team on the right. But like I wrote earlier about him, he's actually pretty good at moving the ball out of pressure and helping the team retain the ball from deep. That helps when the team is being pressed high on the field. A lot of big teams now have fullbacks that are almost more like a centermid than a second winger. You don't only need an attacking fullback that overlaps his winger and whips in great crosses, a lot of them stay deeper or go central and get involved in the build up more.

I'd like to see more end product from RR, I think he has more quality in his delivery that he could show. But he's been solid, not bad by any means. Let's give him the whole season

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
his pace isn't going to get any lower so I expect him to still be a decent player in his 30s :thumbsup:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I like him so far, I would´t mind another good option at LB, sometimes I feel like a little bit of competition would push him but I see him as our starting LB next season too.

It should be questioned if he really should be first choice penalty taker though. I´m not saying he isn´t good with standards but to be the first choice penalty taker he should be more reliable. No problem with him being among the top 5 penalty takers.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
he's decent at pens, but I was never a fan of the 1 step away from the ball stutter technique. if the keeper flinches it's a goal, but if he doesn't then you're stuck having to take a low power easy to save pen

I like the good ol' choose a corner, shoot low and hard (like Parolo and Calanoghlu took theirs). Even if the GK guesses the corner, only the best ones manage to get to it in time

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Hmm, I disagree with the consensus it seems. He'd be a player I'd not mind seeing go. Has underdelivered, in my mind. I was expecting him to be a better attacking threat and just stronger technically too. He's not very adventurous and doesn't time runs that well, stalling and playing quite slow.

The money we get for him + a little extra could get an elite wing back. Or we use that money to invest in a midfielder and we get a cheaper young left back that we can develop.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
i dont like players that play with their head down.. and RR does that everytime hes on the ball

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Remember ppl thinking here that he was Roberto Carlos

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
literally no one thought that

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm, I disagree with the consensus it seems. He'd be a player I'd not mind seeing go. Has underdelivered, in my mind. I was expecting him to be a better attacking threat and just stronger technically too. He's not very adventurous and doesn't time runs that well, stalling and playing quite slow.

The money we get for him + a little extra could get an elite wing back. Or we use that money to invest in a midfielder and we get a cheaper young left back that we can develop.

Who for example? Elite left backs don’t grow on trees. They are very hard to come by, and that position is arguably the weakest for most top teams through Europe.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I agree. He was one of my favorites from the new guys. Disappointed with him so far. He always seems to be surprised when someone passes to him, he never feels naturally ready to receive the ball. Maybe it's just a body language quirk, but he looks awkward. He's far more risk-averse than i'd like. I guess that balances Conti on the other side, but I was expecting more. His deliveries are getting worse and he's slower in launching a cross. Don't know what happened with him.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We should get Laxalt to compete with him for the LB position. I knw some people would say Laxalt is a LWB but against many Serie A teams we do need full back attacking threats

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
We should get Laxalt to compete with him for the LB position. I knw some people would say Laxalt is a LWB but against many Serie A teams we do need full back attacking threats

G doesnt work at Milan any longer... its ok for us to look for players beyond Genoa FC

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
G doesnt work at Milan any longer... its ok for us to look for players beyond Genoa FC

I mean if we intend to keep Rodriguez we need a LB that offers us alternate characteristics. RR is not a bad LB but he lacks dynamism going forward which we need a lot of the time. Has nothing to do with Genoa. It can be another LB that's similar going forward

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I think elite fullbacks/wingbacks are very rare. Who is elite LB besides Marcelo and maybe Alaba? Even teams like Barcelona don't have elite FBs. I think much of Real's dominance the last few years comes from the fact that they are really strong on those positions.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
It’s one thing to be elite and another to be RR. There’s a sea of players in the middle

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
fuck welbeck and that bald ref.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dumbest player in AC Milan.If good offer comes, sell this dumb mf.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
embarrassing

Dumbest player in AC Milan.If good offer comes, sell this dumb mf.

giphy.gif

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ok that wasnt a penalty, ref is idiot, but why put your hand there anyway? If you push him stronger, its a penalty and if not.. you are wasting energy with useless trick

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ok that wasnt a penalty, ref is idiot, but why put your hand there anyway? If you push him stronger, its a penalty and if not.. you are wasting energy with useless trick

Exactly.

He did dumb move against Inter also.Taiwo seems like Einstein compared to Rodriguez.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It wasn’t a penalty.

But how limited is RR. My god.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
go away man, you suck

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
He really slows down the game and has to rely too often on backpasses, he's not suited for LB.

Not to mention his dumb mistakes when defending.