• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
I think Brazil have come as far as they can with this squad in this World Cup. Their football was much better against Columbia, something like their form against Croatia, but without Neymar they're fucked. They won't be worthy WC finalists and even worse, worthy winners.

A better team than Germany deserves to go through to the final but that team is not Brazil. Germany have been far from inspiring when I've watched them -- and dire against France. I think their overall quality will somehow carry them into the final, but I can't see them winning the thing.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Ppl need to stop saying that this team has been poor and that team was poor etc.
the reason why you aren't seeing a dominant Brazil, France, Germany, Belgium etc is because teams are getting much closer to eachother in terms of quality and those far behind concentrate only on defending.

The Classic Brazil or German teams of old that would simply steamroll over their opponents will hardly ever be seen again because talent is emerging from everywhere and not just from the usual suspects. The only team that has really impressed me this tournament is Holland and that's mainly offensively and because they crushed Spain

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
i fear holland.. not germany...
germany and argentina are easy to counter them..

holland we dont know ever how to play against.

we have a average team.. reached top 4.. the job is kinda done.. thats the feeling.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
and we gonna try to erase the yellow card from Thiago Silva. :D

I thought you were joking. This is just :fp:

I thought no one could appeal the yellow cards.. and that was an easy one to give. Everyone agreed with it. If fifa accepts this, they should just award them the trophy right now :head:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Arent the yellow cards erased after quarter finals? They shud be.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
Arent the yellow cards erased after quarter finals? They shud be.

They are. After. Not the ones which are accumulated till the end of the QFs. 2 cards before SFs mean suspension in QFs

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ppl need to stop saying that this team has been poor and that team was poor etc.
the reason why you aren't seeing a dominant Brazil, France, Germany, Belgium etc is because teams are getting much closer to eachother in terms of quality and those far behind concentrate only on defending.
Yeah, yeah :lol:

The Classic Brazil or German teams of old that would simply steamroll over their opponents will hardly ever be seen again because talent is emerging from everywhere and not just from the usual suspects. The only team that has really impressed me this tournament is Holland and that's mainly offensively and because they crushed Spain
Agree Holland has been most impressive team in the tournament. They've been the only team who have shown the willingness to
1) attack whenever possible
2) be pragmatic and adapt tactics when necessary
3) and show hunger

Besides the Spain match, they did very well in the Australia, Chile matches too. Mexico dominated much of the play in the Round of 16 match but LVG showed his class in using the time outs to relay instructions, pulling RVP off for Huntelaar and switching Robben to the right flank. They have been the best of an underwhelming bunch of heavyweight contenders.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Last edited:

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
I thought you were joking. This is just :fp:

I thought no one could appeal the yellow cards.. and that was an easy one to give. Everyone agreed with it. If fifa accepts this, they should just award them the trophy right now :head:

yeah but will stay this way.. i think dante can handle well.. will not be a problem.. david luiz is there..

Last edited:

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players

agree and physically the teams are all equals.. thats why we are seem this..

algeria got beaten by germany coz they got tired for example.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Yeah, yeah :lol:

Agree Holland has been most impressive team in the tournament. They've been the only team who have shown the willingness to
1) attack whenever possible
2) be pragmatic and adapt tactics when necessary
3) and show hunger

Besides the Spain match, they did very well in the Australia, Chile matches too. Mexico dominated much of the play in the Round of 16 match but LVG showed his class in using the time outs to relay instructions, pulling RVP off for Huntelaar and switching Robben to the right flank. They have been the best of an underwhelming bunch of heavyweight contenders.
Honestly bro I'm serious :D

Another thing is the sheer quality of goalkeeping that kept scores down. Think the heroics of Howard, Navas, Courtois, Neuer etc.... Hell even Julio Carsar has been fucking brilliant. Actually the teams that got the heaviest defeats had the poorest (form) keepers like Spain, Cameroon and Portugal.

yeah but will stay this way.. i think dante can handle well.. will not be a problem.. david luiz is there..
David Luiz your defensive hope? :eek: is that a good thing or bad :lol: :D
Anyway I absolutely love the guy :thumbsup:
Out scoring a £50 million striker for club and country was just :proud:

agree and physically the teams are all equals.. thats why we are seem this..

algeria got beaten by germany coz they got tired for example.
I think Germany's overall quality won out against Algeria.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Another thing is the sheer quality of goalkeeping that kept scores down. Think the heroics of Howard, Navas, Courtois, Neuer etc.... Hell even Julio Carsar has been fucking brilliant. Actually the teams that got the heaviest defeats had the poorest (form) keepers like Spain, Cameroon and Portugal.

David Luiz your defensive hope? :eek: is that a good thing or bad :lol: :D
Anyway I absolutely love the guy :thumbsup:
Out scoring a £50 million striker for club and country was just :proud:

I think Germany's overall quality won out against Algeria.

disagree.. algeria put them in danger so many times.. and germany score in the extra time only.. with all the respect to algeria but.. the germans should have beat them hard like the favourites they are against us should beat algeria.

david luiz hold the team together.. he is more than a simple defensor.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've got Germany for this one, they resemble 2006 Italy a lot

Brazil is without their 2 best players and their crowd support won't meant shit since Germany players are not the type that care about those kinda shit

The Brazilian crowd have rattled some teams. Germany have absorbed that first 15 minutes.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I dont think Germany will be over awed by the ocassion or atmosphere. Most of them are UCL finalists and know what pressure is like.

Just comes down to formations and counter-formations.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

There have certainly been some fine performances, and I'll add Ochoa and Lloris to the list, but the general standard of the play in the knockout stages has been below-par IMO. Most matches have been dense and boring. Is increased competitiveness from the smaller nations the reason? But how did teams like Algeria and Costa Rica -- the latter of whom who couldn't even qualify for the previous WC -- become suddenly so good in a matter of 4 years? I can only believe good coaching, and the prevalent weather in Brazil -- which favours Costa Rica more than, say Nigeria -- did the trick.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
The refs have been horrible throughout the tournament, although there has been a clear bias for Brazil.

There have been multiple games where this has been clear, but I feel the refs completely losing control of the game vs Columbia cost them the game.

30+ fouls called on Brazil and only 2 yellows? From the same ref that gave Marchisio a straight red? I call complete BS.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
On talent, that Germany generation can be put together with some of their finest teams of the past. It's probably one of their most skilled teams.
Though maybe cause of it they aren't so consistent and pragmatic as some of their old teams.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Germany is easily the best squad in terms of talent, yes. They are missing a Matthaus type character though.

I dont see any way this German midfield can't dominate against Brazil. Difficult not to call this for the Germans, at least on paper.

have some dignity and accept the ban ffs

You have to be the best Brazilian fan I've seen in the interwebz to date.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
I dont think Germany will be over awed by the ocassion or atmosphere. Most of them are UCL finalists and know what pressure is like.
Crucial point. :thumbsup:

Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Klose, Podolski, Mertesacker, Low - these guys are world class losers. I doubt any Brazilian crowds or fuckups can prevent them from breaking the record for most consecutive third place trophies in the World Cup.

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
I think its easier to not concede than to score goals

That's why I think these minnow teams are doing well, they are exceptionally organised at the back and have taken their few chances going forward.

I think the Dutch team is set up to play like a minnow team, they would excel at soaking up pressure and hitting on the break like they did against Spain, however when they are the superior team they struggle to make any progress, they have lots of ball but cant do anything with it so it just roams around the back with 5 defenders. The team isn't set up to dominate games and control the ball, its set up to soak up pressure and hit teams on the break. When they played against Costa Rica, they had all the ball because they had the superior players but couldn't do anything with it because of team set up. Why they did so well against Spain and struggled to get through Costa Rica. Spain suited Dutch tactics.

A lot of minnow teams seem to be adopting the defence heavy formation and tactics with exceptional organization. As stated earlier I believe that this is easier to do than to dominate a game. Easier to not concede than score goals. Minnow teams are defending tooth and nail and its working. You also must remember than only a TINY percent of players make it professional, so the skill gap between them cannot be that big, they are the best. Underrate the players that play for a small nation all you want, there is no doubt they can all seriously play ball, anyone who makes it that far has exceptional talent

At least these two teams will come out and really go at each other, I cant see either team just soaking up pressure and waiting for a break. So it should be an even contest with more space for players to work in

Last edited:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
You have to be the best Brazilian fan I've seen in the interwebz to date.
It's pretty obvious Sven is an Argentinean spy.
I think its easier to not concede than to score goals

That's why I think these minnow teams are doing well, they are exceptionally organised at the back and have taken their few chances going forward.

I think the Dutch team is set up to play like a minnow team, they would excel at soaking up pressure and hitting on the break like they did against Spain, however when they are the superior team they struggle to make any progress, they have lots of ball but cant do anything with it so it just roams around the back with 5 defenders. The team isn't set up to dominate games and control the ball, its set up to soak up pressure and hit teams on the break. When they played against Costa Rica, they had all the ball because they had the superior players but couldn't do anything with it because of team set up. Why they did so well against Spain and struggled to get through Costa Rica. Spain suited Dutch tactics.

A lot of minnow teams seem to be adopting the defence heavy formation and tactics with exceptional organization. As stated earlier I believe that this is easier to do than to dominate a game. Easier to not concede than score goals. Minnow teams are defending tooth and nail and its working. You also must remember than only a TINY percent of players make it professional, so the skill gap between them cannot be that big, they are the best. Underrate the players that play for a small nation all you want, there is no doubt they can all seriously play ball, anyone who makes it that far has exceptional talent

At least these two teams will come out and really go at each other, I cant see either team just soaking up pressure and waiting for a break. So it should be an even contest with more space for players to work in
tumblr_n2sm0tnnpo1tu7965o1_500.gif

Germany will dominate possession. Brazil will counter quickly. One decent long ball from Luiz will kill them.

Last edited:

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's pretty obvious Sven is an Argentinean spy.

tumblr_n2sm0tnnpo1tu7965o1_500.gif

Germany will dominate possession. Brazil will counter quickly. One decent long ball from Luiz will kill them.

and neuer will fail.

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
James will be sorely missed.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
i fear holland.. not germany...
germany and argentina are easy to counter them..

holland we dont know ever how to play against.

we have a average team.. reached top 4.. the job is kinda done.. thats the feeling.

I find that interesting. Netherlands' attack is rather predictable. You know exactly what Robben will do, exactly what van Persie would do.. I would bet on Silva and co to stop Netherlands comfortably if they meet in the final.

Germany and Argentina are both more unpredictable and with more diverse attacking weapons. For both teams, only a part of their attack has fired so far. Potentially they are far far better than Netherlands.

One of those two should win the world cup unless Netherlands beat Argentina and Brazil beat Germany. Then I'd bet on Brazil.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I'd say all four teams have quality enough to take it and yet a lot of issues for me to not have a definite favorite. Of course Argentina and Brazil have had major loses in the past 3 days that could affect them more. But I won't even dare to write them off.

Germany in terms of depth and overall quality have the best team left. Their defense has been suspect, and Loew tactics kinda makes one scratch their head. Portugal game aside, they haven't look too scary (I dunno, I guess that horrendous free kick vs Algeria took that scary aspect out of Germany). That said the game vs France was pretty much old Germany, to the point, effective, no need to sweat it (France helped a lot in that aspect), this is what you want from them in this matches (I felt last couple of tournaments when Germany went out in semis, they were so naive, that game vs France proved their on it). This is however, their first game against a latinamerican rival, and the home crowd effect is gonna play a role. They'll probably be up against your typical home biased ref.

Then there is Brazil, with Neymar and T.Silva out, they're the underdog in this match up, they can go to the game with a little less pressure cause if someone is to blame it will be Zuñiga. Plus they're not the team that will be to handle the offensive volume, they can play their counter attack game. The problem more than Neymar, is Silva, with Silva on, I would give the edge of this game to Brazil, without him I dont know what to make of their defense (Luiz has done good, but you know he needs a commander next to him, not sure Dante is). It's a huge loss. And then of course its their attack. In these final rounds, you want to have a good pure CF...but oh well, with Luiz and Silva in set pieces it has been enough for them in the past two games.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Overall, Germany is the best team. If Germany had Marco Reus available, they probably would have annihilated every team.

- Brazil? They were poor mostly because of Neymar. Like I said before, Neymar is the most talented player from Brazil but it is everything about him being the superstar and the rest just extras. Just imagine if Felipao had done the same with Rivaldo with what he had done with Oscar in wc2002. :fp:
Now, this will be more difficult task for Germany than it looks like. Also, I think that dud Henrique may start over Dante to add surprise but Dante may start as well.