Final: Germany 0-0 Argentina (ET 1-0) - Sunday 13/07/2014 21:00 CEST

Team to win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
i was born in berlin, i speak the german language better than u speak slovene, my father is a german, my name is german, most of my family still lives in berlin.. oh i'm such a 'wannabe-german'! :lol:

slovenian mindset :lol: didn't expect much more :proud:

At least proud to where I live...can't say for you the same.

Fodder A

Banned
Reaction score
The Germans thought of it as a mere dressing up as somebody else, adoring them, having fun. Somebody with a racist mind of course projects his own racism where none exists. :thumbsdown:

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
:lol:

FNF is like: 2 german individuals painted their face black... EVERY GERMAN IS A NEO-NAZI!!!! :fp:

If that's what you got from my posts, I don't know what to tell you.

And i'm sorry, but that is a pretty backwards way of showing their adoration for someone.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Götze's goal against Argentina |German commentator reaction

Fodder A

Banned
Reaction score
If that's what you got from my posts, I don't know what to tell you.

And i'm sorry, but that is a pretty backwards way of showing their adoration for someone.

What's backwards about it? Germans not being as sensitive and not being low IQ enough to believe that dressing up as somebody else instantly = racism? Stop projecting your mental image of the world onto others. There was clearly no racist intend there. It's a long, long, long shot from what far more Italian fans have done, and they've done it with actual racist intend.

:fp:

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
They're all mad because Germany > Italy since yesterday. :proud:

haha, well actually there is no such thing as germany > italy or the other way around. Both countries had their good and bad moments throughout history. Both countries are top quality and belong to the greatest of all time, that's what their trophies tell us. So this debate who is the strongest has got to stop lol. Nowadays, Germany has a better generation than Italy, 10 years ago, it was the other way around, so who cares. Everything has to be analyzed in its context.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
What's backwards about it? Germans not being as sensitive and not being low IQ enough to believe that dressing up as somebody else instantly = racism? Stop projecting your mental image of the world onto others. There was clearly no racist intend there. It's a long, long, long shot from what far more Italian fans have done, and they've done it with actual racist intend.

:fp:

As an aside, I think it's hilarious that people refer to IQ when the discussion at hand has nothing to do with psychometric intelligence.

Essentially, this is a matter of western cultural norms and everyone in the western world should know the racist connotations of 'blacking up'. It's backwards because they're ignorant of the said connotations.

haha, well actually there is no such thing as germany > italy or the other way around. Both countries had their good and bad moments throughout history. Both countries are top quality and belong to the greatest of all time, that's what their trophies tell us. So this debate who is the strongest has got to stop lol. Nowadays, Germany has a better generation than Italy, 10 years ago, it was the other way around, so who cares. Everything has to be analyzed in its context.

Frankly, this is what most of us think. It's just a few trolls who are playing as the agitators in this thread (namely milanoldfarts) who sparked this whole thing off.

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
article-2690667-1FA122BA00000578-634_964x947.jpg

Riri :love::love::love:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
it is very annoying that ppl keep saying 98 world cup was zidane's tournament. if you wanna give it to him for his two headers against brazil, then thats fine with me. what i want to say is that he really did nothing before the final, got sent off in the second game against saudi arabia, missed the last group game against denmark, missed the round of 16 game against paraguay, came back against italy in the quarters which ended 0-0 and was decided on penalties and only two lilian thuram goals saved them against croatia after trailing.

it was nothing like maradona 86 or even ronaldo 2002. :fp:

Yr right, he didnt have a good wc overall. But once in the final, its well documented look it up if u like, players like Desailly, Henry, Deschamps, Vieira... more or less the entire squad went up to Zizzu n told him to sort them out, deliver his stuff in the final, win it for them. N it wasnt just 2 goals in the final, he took that game by the scruff... he fucking bullied that game!

Where was Messi? I remember him for his shitty free kick at the end n thats it, he was nowhere in that final.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Yr right, he didnt have a good wc overall. But once in the final, its well documented look it up if u like, players like Desailly, Henry, Deschamps, Vieira... more or less the entire squad went up to Zizzu n told him to sort them out, deliver his stuff in the final, win it for them. N it wasnt just 2 goals in the final, he took that game by the scruff... he fucking bullied that game!

Where was Messi? I remember him for his shitty free kick at the end n thats it, he was nowhere in that final.

fair enough

don't get me wrong, i love zidane and i wasn't defending messi who was nowhere to be seen since di maria got injured in the quarters till the very end... just someone said maradona 86 or zidane 98, it didn't sound right.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Back on topic please, some of you are getting way off. Btw, the Azzurri have their own thread, you may go there to discuss them. Thanks

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Close this thread

luke07

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Boban,Bierhoff, Sheva,Pjanic,Keisuke Honda,Teppei Sakamoto,Bastian Schweinsteiger
it's like a prophecy :proud:

when fuckin chiellini fouled joel campbell

when bryan ruiz slapping buffon with his dick :proud:

when dracula bite chiellini :proud:

FUCK OFF ITALIA

1934 1938 with mussolini :lol:

2 straight wc out of group stage :proud:

shitty academies, shitty stadia attendance, ladri doin shite at europe

FUCK ITALIA :star::star::star::star:

DEUTCHLAND WELTMEISTER

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Lion Messi, proudest moment of world cup :proud:

4426080.jpg

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Reading this thread I almost forgot ze Germanys won the world cup

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Bait taken :thumbsup:
Mission accomplished :lol:
Messi decided all group stage games for Argentina. Assisted the winner against the Swiss, started the play for Higuain goal x Belgium.

Deserving the golden ball or not... He had a great WC

It was rather like Ronaldo's 98 where he played very well....except for the final

Last edited:

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Messi against Nigeria was the only game where you could argue he deserved the golden ball. Against Bosnia he was marked out of most of the game and it was similar against Iran, Switzerland AND Belgium. Against the Dutch and Germans, he was practically anonymous apart from that glaring miss in the final.
When Maradona thinks it was undeserved and Blatter is scrambling to distance himself from the decision, you know something is wrong.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
It seems pretty clear that they did it to try and market Messi.

First time one of the two best players in the world has got close to winning the WC, but he fucked it up and so they rewarded him with the Golden Ball to try and make it seem like he did win.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was rather like Ronaldo's 98 where he played very well....except for the final

Nothing was like Ronaldo in that final :lol:

During the tournament he was better than 2002 I think

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Nothing was like Ronaldo in that final :lol:

During the tournament he was better than 2002 I think

That's what I said...he was great in 98 up until the final where he was shit ( one-time epilepsy :proud: )
Messi was good early on then not-so-good in the final.
It seems pretty clear that they did it to try and market Messi.

First time one of the two best players in the world has got close to winning the WC, but he fucked it up and so they rewarded him with the Golden Ball to try and make it seem like he did win.
FIFA's bias is ridiculous.....all year Blatter has been sucking Messi's dick and shitting on CR7 till CR played out of his mind (and Messi got injured) and he was forced to give CR7....he was only too happy to give him this one.

Last edited:

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score

German World Cup ‘gaucho’ victory dance draws fire

Berlin: Commentators chided the German football team on Wednesday for gently mocking Argentina during a giant World Cup winners party in Berlin, an event that marked a rare exuberant celebration of national pride.
In a country where strident patriotism is still largely taboo, newspapers said the young players’ “tasteless” victory dance on Tuesday reflected badly on the country.

Six of the players including Mario Goetze, the sole scorer during Sunday’s 1-0 win over Argentina, performed a taunt often seen in stadium stands, on a stage set up behind the capital’s Brandenburg Gate before hundreds of thousands of flag-waving fans.

“This is how the gauchos (Argentines) walk, the gauchos walk like this,” they sang, hunched over, to cheers from the crowd.

Then they jumped up and chanted, “This is how the Germans walk, the Germans walk like this!” and strutted around the stage.

The word “gaucho” is the South American equivalent of “cowboy”.

Several German newspapers called the display of swagger before the world’s media a sour note after an otherwise pitch-perfect World Cup.

“The victory celebration at the Brandenburg Gate turned into a gigantic own-goal,” the conservative daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung fumed.

“With a mean satire of the opponents in the final, the German world champions are squandering the image of an open-minded, tolerant nation.”

Berlin’s centre-left Tagesspiegel called the display “tasteless” and said it overshadowed the team’s gracious behaviour on the pitch in Brazil.

“The German modesty is over. Their joy wasn’t enough, they only find full satisfaction when they torture their mourning vanquished opponents a little,” it said.

“Maybe that is what will remain in the heads of many people outside Germany from this World Cup. And then the frenetic applause of the audience. They didn’t mean anything by it, that is probably true. But they showed that in football there are not only fools but damned fools.”

The criticism sparked a lively debate in English and German on Twitter under the hashtag #gauchogate, with many attacking what they saw as political correctness run amok.

A user with the handle @suburp said “Germany has a word for #schadenfreude but struggles w fun and healthy national pride. It’s only FUSSBALL (football). regt euch ab. (Calm down).”

Die Welt newspaper said the dance did not mark a “shining moment” but added: “We don’t need to overplay it.”

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
watched every second of this game...but there is a level of enjoyment that is missing when you really don't care which team wins

after italy fell out, it was difficult to get in to watching the games as much