Week 32: Milan vs Lazio 13/04/2019 20:30 CET

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No way gattuso gonna start caldara who was out for so long in the most important match of the season.

Also cant wait all this fodders to leave.

40 mil for suso? Take what you can get and smile...

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
The say Caldara been ready for a month now. Rino gonna take 4 years to ease him in.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rino gonna rino. Maybe we will see him in the last 20 min or so.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Correa always plays incredible against us. Was hoping he wasn't going to be available for this...

I don't think they'll play with all three of Luis Alberto, Sergej and Correa. One of them to be dropped maybe for Parolo? If not they'll be pretty unbalanced away from home. Feels like something they'd want to do later in the game looking for a goal, not from the start.

Not sure how I feel about this game. Lulic is key for them and if Calabria and Kessie can stop him overloading the left with Luis Alberto and the other attackers then we'll be ok. I'm not too worried about Romulo on the other side. He'll get a lot of chances to to cross but his delivery is usually weak and he's not fast enough to scare Rodriguez with pace. My only worry with him is a Borini marking brainfart where he stops tracking his player for no reason...

I really don't want us to revert to Suso finding the right cross to Piatek. We can threaten that move but a better option is someone overlapping on the right behind Bastos and get a low cross that Acerbi can't deal with, something like the Piatek goal against Empoli. If we try to cross all the time we're not fast enough to do that before their defense gets in shape and they'll ALWAYS get ahead of Piatek as they're bigger and stronger.

Gattuso has to be afraid of their counters. I'm sure Bakayoko won't be seen much in the final third. He'll be single minded in looking for any counter-pressing opportunities, especially against Sergej. I also think Rodriguez will be less adventurous than usual, meaning he'll probably be part of a back three when we're in possession, with Borini tasked with tracking Romulo.

I think this game will be won in midfield. If we constantly stop Sergej from transitioning counterattacks (through legal means or otherwise) then we'll be ok. If we get a couple of yellow cards early it will be very tough.

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Borini is a joke but you never know what kind of impact he has. Maybe he does well...

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Correa always plays incredible against us. Was hoping he wasn't going to be available for this...

I don't think they'll play with all three of Luis Alberto, Sergej and Correa. One of them to be dropped maybe for Parolo? If not they'll be pretty unbalanced away from home. Feels like something they'd want to do later in the game looking for a goal, not from the start.

Not sure how I feel about this game. Lulic is key for them and if Calabria and Kessie can stop him overloading the left with Luis Alberto and the other attackers then we'll be ok. I'm not too worried about Romulo on the other side. He'll get a lot of chances to to cross but his delivery is usually weak and he's not fast enough to scare Rodriguez with pace. My only worry with him is a Borini marking brainfart where he stops tracking his player for no reason...

I really don't want us to revert to Suso finding the right cross to Piatek. We can threaten that move but a better option is someone overlapping on the right behind Bastos and get a low cross that Acerbi can't deal with, something like the Piatek goal against Empoli. If we try to cross all the time we're not fast enough to do that before their defense gets in shape and they'll ALWAYS get ahead of Piatek as they're bigger and stronger.

Gattuso has to be afraid of their counters. I'm sure Bakayoko won't be seen much in the final third. He'll be single minded in looking for any counter-pressing opportunities, especially against Sergej. I also think Rodriguez will be less adventurous than usual, meaning he'll probably be part of a back three when we're in possession, with Borini tasked with tracking Romulo.

I think this game will be won in midfield. If we constantly stop Sergej from transitioning counterattacks (through legal means or otherwise) then we'll be ok. If we get a couple of yellow cards early it will be very tough.
Great post.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
If Hakan is forced to drop to the midfield, who else do we have for the left side.. Borini is arguably better than Castillejo, all things considered.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Prepare a banner to stimulate Borini.

Just sat down on the flight. I will prepare something credit card sized to wear in my pocket. Hopefully Borini catches on

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Lazio defenders Radu and Marusic are both set to miss the match against Milan tomorrow. [Sky]

Some good news.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Yoko will destroy SMS harder than Beatles

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lazio defenders Radu and Marusic are both set to miss the match against Milan tomorrow. [Sky]

Some good news.

I want to see Lulic on a list of absentees. Fucker is like Ilicic and Behrami. Like playing with an open wound :D

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Yoko will destroy SMS harder than Beatles

I laughed. This jk merits a victory and special performance from Mbaka.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
might be nice to tighten up the midfield and not run a 4-3-3.

------Piatek----Cutrone-----
-----------Hakan------------
----Baka----------Kessie----
-----------Biglia--------------
Rod---Roma---Calda----Con
-----------Donna-------------

Maybe switch formation later in the game if we need some more wide presence and bring on Samu and Suso as subs

I'd be good with this.

I'd also be good with trying to change things up and go 3-5-2

--------------Donna-------------
---Musacchio-Caldra-Roma---
--Conti--Biglia---Baka---Laxalt--
--------------Hakan---------------
--------Piatek--------Cutrone-----

Kessie can come in for a midfielder at some point later on, and we have Samu and Suso if we need an attacking sub later on.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Match Day! Forza Milan!!!

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Piatek double would make him the only player ever in Serie a to score at least 10 goals for two different teams in the same season.

Piatek quadruple would make him overtake Sheva’s debut Serie a season.

Piatek quintuple would make him overtake Ronaldo’s debut Serie a season.

I dunno if there are more debut season landmarks after these.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I am staying home for this march today.. they better win!!!

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
FearlessBewitchedJunco-max-1mb.gif

We need to silence Acerbi with his recent comments.

What did he say?

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Almost 65k people. Fucking win!!!! Our season will be decided today.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Piatek double would make him the only player ever in Serie a to score at least 10 goals for two different teams in the same season.

Piatek quadruple would make him overtake Sheva’s debut Serie a season.

Piatek quintuple would make him overtake Ronaldo’s debut Serie a season.

I dunno if there are more debut season landmarks after these.

Let's see him end the season with us 4th, him first player to score 10+ for two teams in the same season, most goals for a non-Italian player in first season, AND win Capocannoniere.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
We have reached 60k few times this season. Let’s not shoot ourselves with a 40k stadium. I’ll be the bigger man and come down from 80 to 60... 60k is absolute the minimum.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Borini, RR and Hakan on the same flank... :fp:

Baka and Kessie are good, but not really creators. Put 2 men on Suso, CBs on Piatek and this game is closed.

Gonna be very hard, but I think we'll scrap a 1-0 win.

Schedule