Evaluation on our current transfer progress

slifersd

Beginner
Reaction score
The team's performance on the transfer market this summer has been absoutely terrible. It was reported that Milan had around 80 million dollars to spend on this summer's transfer market, 45 million of that money came from Shevchenko's transfer. The transfer market is going to be closed in about 20 days, and the club only spent like 7 million of that money while missing out on every single one of their transfer targets such as Torres, Diarra, Emerson, Zambrotta, Crespo, Ibrahimovic, Gallas...the list goes on and on. Now, I thought one of the biggest reason we sold Shevchenko to Chelsea was to gather funds for a major shake up to solve our squad's age problems. The plan was to sign one or two strikers to replace Shevchenko and then sign some young players and defenders. With only 20 days to go, almost every single one of our targets are off the market, and yet, we have no one to replace Shevchenko and we didn't solve our midfield and defender problems. I would like to know what the club did with all those money. Is Berlusconi trying to buy himself another boat? Are we trying to replace Shevchenko with Amoroso? I just don't think our squad is going to make it anywhere in the European Champions League or for that matter in the domestic competitions. If the team make any less than three major moves (shevchenko's replacement, midfielder and defender), they will have a heck of a time getting their butt whooped next year.

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
Our Last night LINE-UP Players

Milan Vs Red Star

Dida = 33yrs
Cafu = 36yrs
Simic = 31yrs
Costacurta = 40yrs :eek:
Serginho = 35yrs
Gattuso = 28yrs
Pirlo = 27yrs
Seedorf = 30yrs
Kakà = 24yrs
Inzaghi = 33yrs
Gilardino = 24yrs
-------------------
CARLO ANCELOTTI = 47yrs :D

We must kick out our elderly Players....

Forza Milan

Last edited:

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
Milansom said:
Last night LINE-UPS

Dida = 33yrs
Cafu = 36yrs
Simic = 31yrs
Costacurta = 40yrs :eek:
Serginho = 35yrs
Gattuso = 28yrs
Pirlo = 27yrs
Seedorf = 30yrs
Kakà = 24yrs
Inzaghi = 33yrs
Gilardino = 24yrs
-------------------
CARLO ANCELOTTI = 47yrs :D

We must kick out our elderly Players....

Forza Milan

cafu,bily serginho need to be out and were ok .

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Moved to Discussions.

dardar_3

Primavera
Reaction score
That's right but still remaining more 20 days... And prai for Braida to give us something special....

Forza Milan!!!

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta
Technically TorresDiarraGallas are still up for grabs, as is Tevez + other WC starlets. Not that I'm advocating any of them.

Yeah, Milan had the $$$ but were derailed by the Calciopoli saga. By the time everything was sorted out all the good players (ie. WC finalists, after whom I assume our mngt. was really after) were gone + we either didn't try enough or weren't strong enough to lure the 2nd-choicers.

Otherwise, to judge by our signings so far, Silvio's still focused on making our 'big surprise' an offer he can't refuse + just can't be bothered w. anything else. That boat theory is a possibility too ;)

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
slifersd said:
The team's performance on the transfer market this summer has been absoutely terrible. It was reported that Milan had around 80 million dollars to spend on this summer's transfer market, 45 million of that money came from Shevchenko's transfer. The transfer market is going to be closed in about 20 days, and the club only spent like 7 million of that money while missing out on every single one of their transfer targets such as Torres, Diarra, Emerson, Zambrotta, Crespo, Ibrahimovic, Gallas...the list goes on and on. Now, I thought one of the biggest reason we sold Shevchenko to Chelsea was to gather funds for a major shake up to solve our squad's age problems. The plan was to sign one or two strikers to replace Shevchenko and then sign some young players and defenders. With only 20 days to go, almost every single one of our targets are off the market, and yet, we have no one to replace Shevchenko and we didn't solve our midfield and defender problems. I would like to know what the club did with all those money. Is Berlusconi trying to buy himself another boat? Are we trying to replace Shevchenko with Amoroso? I just don't think our squad is going to make it anywhere in the European Champions League or for that matter in the domestic competitions. If the team make any less than three major moves (shevchenko's replacement, midfielder and defender), they will have a heck of a time getting their butt whooped next year.

i totally agree with you we sold one of the best strikers in the world(along with henry and eto'o) and we aint even going to replace him, we seriously need a striker gila and pippo cant play togeather because gila hasen't scored when playing with pippo, so why are we not buying we could have signed ibra easily but we blew it, torres wants to stay at atletico and tevez i dont think we are interested in him so who the hell is left :conf: we will probably sign someone old like usual but we need some youth so all i am trying to say is berlusconi , braida, galliani whoever signs the players get your finger out of your ass and spend some money please.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
slifersd said:
Thats the thing the market aint closed yet. Usually the last week is very intense when it comes to transfers. Either we push for Suazo, or temp Torres or move for Tavano. ;)

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself
GAMilan said:
Evaluation of transfer season? Shit.

yeah! you bet!

i'm heavily dissapointed with ibra's move to inter

i hope we could get something...berlusconi must be getting crazy.

come on berlu...force torres out of atletico!

Ollyn88

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"LOYAL" milan players
bonera and gourcuff are good signings for me....
but of course we need to add some players. can't wait for braida's suprise, hope that would be torres, buffon, diarra all come to milan

brajo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
GAMilan said:
Evaluation of transfer season? Shit.
Agreed... let's see what happens till 31/08...
Ollyn88 said:
LOL at your SIG :D . If they introduce some kind of VCL (Veteran's Champions League) or sth... maybe.

I see this season being a disappointment. I hope I'm wrong, but Billy, Serghi and the rest of the crew won't be able to carry out a successful season. We start Serie A with -8 points, with Grosso, Crespo and Ibra playing for Inter, with Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Cafu and Kaka tired from WC! Champions league? Chelsea, Barcelona, Real, Manchester, Arsenal, Lyon... Can we beat them all? I wish we could!

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
our management is too scared and incapable of signing big names, i am sure you all have your mixed opinions on Ibra,Zambrotta,Buffon,Cannavaro,Torres,Diarra,Grosso
but this is a joke out of all those players we failed to sign even 1 and yes there is still hope as far as Torres & Diarra but i for 1 am convinced all we can expect is another pensioner for free and thatll be our squad :mad:

and maybe Oddo which will be a good signing ;)

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
We've been sitting back alot. I don't know what happened to Milan, but we always seemed to get our players, WHEN we wanted them. We wanted Gilardino, well at one point it was almost considered impossible, but we got him. We snatched kaka from sao paolo right under real madrid and chelsea's noses, and once they realised we got him, they didn't know what hit them. We got Lazio's captain...Nesta. We've been lagging this year. IMHO, Ancelotti doesn't want to spend big, and see how this current squad will do for a few months, and then buy re-inforcements in January.

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milanista10 said:
We've been sitting back alot. I don't know what happened to Milan, but we always seemed to get our players, WHEN we wanted them. We wanted Gilardino, well at one point it was almost considered impossible, but we got him. We snatched kaka from sao paolo right under real madrid and chelsea's noses, and once they realised we got him, they didn't know what hit them. We got Lazio's captain...Nesta. We've been lagging this year. IMHO, Ancelotti doesn't want to spend big, and see how this current squad will do for a few months, and then buy re-inforcements in January.
for our sakes i hope your right but why would he do that our squad isnt good neough at the moment, why not sign players now in pre-season and allow them to gell & bond a bit better whereas in january they will be thrown into the thick of it

Melanzano

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kakà -Ambrosini- Rui- Pirlo- Cafù
I say Braida get us Maxi Rodriguez and Torres
as for our defence Gallas & Alvarez..

What do you guys think of these players ? I think they fitt .

GAMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan Players
No chance on all four. I really don't see any new players coming, of any significance.

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Melanzano said:
I say Braida get us Maxi Rodriguez and Torres
as for our defence Gallas & Alvarez..

What do you guys think of these players ? I think they fitt .
great players but who is alvarez????
do u weriously think our management will sign even 1 of them ????

Mystik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Canm players bought in January be played in champions league ? ..somehow I don't think so.

Milanista4_Life

December Here We Go!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tevez ,Sheva, Kaka, Owen, Beckham, Dida, Crespo, Mardona, Inzaghi, Riquelme, Messi, Zizou
Maxi Rodriguez and Tevez...and just Gallas....

cccp

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko - KaKa - Maldini -Costacuta - Van Basten
We should remember that we have just survived from the verdict. what would happen happen if we were refused to play in CL? big-money players will become financial nightmares.
Then we didn't sign Ibra and Crespo. Do you remember how old is Crespo? and Ibra how many goals did he score for Juve last two season? Yes, we neend a striker badly, but I am not regret about Ibra nor Crespo.
There is one guy I would be so regret if we won't get him, he is Buffon.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva,nesta,kakà,maldini, ronaldinho
cccp said:
There is one guy I would be so regret if we won't get him, he is Buffon.

i regret they didn't get:
-zambrotta : we need to buy a replacement for cafu. he's still great but he's getting old.
-cannavaro. we already have top central defenders with kakha , nesta and maldini but canna is really a wold class player + italian.

they both didn't cost much. that was a verry stupid mistake, not to purchase them.

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio
i feel regret and dissapointed in crespo case.he waited for us but we didn't give a damn to him.than we tried to think optimistic as usual like "hey,inter can get him, anyway, we don't need him cause we'll buy a bigger and talented name,he's old blah blah..." which many of us expecting ibra or torres to come.than ibra also went to inter and we are still waiting... but optimistic feelings turning to anger and dissapointment.i believe we'll only be happy with a transfer like torres-ronaldinho-etc...but it also seems very hard from this point.hope berlusconi makes his surprise and shut our mouths up just like in our past shining transfer seasons.practicaly and psychologically whole milan community-family waiting for this to happen.or they should be honest and tell community the truth if they don't think any thropy or top victories in europe for this next 2 years cause of making the team young.than our feelings turn to normal again i think.

Milanista4_Life

December Here We Go!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tevez ,Sheva, Kaka, Owen, Beckham, Dida, Crespo, Mardona, Inzaghi, Riquelme, Messi, Zizou
not getting no one who is great would of been ok....if we would of not let Sheva and Stam go....but now we are weaker than in the last couple of years in my point of view....

grande_sheva7

Nesta's calm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo, Fanta Sheva, Pippo mio, Pirletto, Pato, Sandro Nesta, Willy Wonka
what the fuck is going on?!?! why milan didn't snap up Ibra is beyond me. After Inter's bid was refused the first time it was a prime chance to pick him up but know they let him go to their biggest rivals. this is ridiculous, berlu has BILLIONS and isnt willing to spend anything.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
I am very very dissapointed from Milan this summer. 1st, Zambrotta was 80% ours and we didn't get him :head: 2nd, Buffon was about singing with us, milan didn't get him. 3rd, Crespo was waiting for milan and inter get him before us :head:4th, we are buying old players.

And the 5th most important, WE NEED TO GET TORRES

C'mon milan wake up.. and see Inter transfers :head:

Fiore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R. Baggio
Mystik said:
Canm players bought in January be played in champions league ? ..somehow I don't think so.

They can, if they are added to the roster.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Mystik said:

Fiore said:
They can, if they are added to the roster.

And provided they have not played in the Champions League or UEFA Cup for another team in the same season.

I don't think we are going to spend any more money. Juve really doesn't want to let anyone else go and I think we blew it by not getting some players from there, especially the defenders.

I've come to the concludsion that we just really don't like to spend money anymore and in the summer following the World Cup, players are always way overvalued and I just don't see us buying anyone.

If we buy anything I think it would be a forward as I can't see anyone at the club honestly thinking that having Amoroso as the 3rd forward and Boriello as the 4th forward is acceptable. Especially with Inzaghi's injury history.

Does anyone have a breakdown of Milan transfers by year since 2000?

As-21

Beginner
Reaction score
Something realy bad is going on...
It's true that we just survived the verdict but, since then 2 weeks pasted
and only 1 transfer? we can't win anything, and we will end up like last year or even worse.
I realy don't get what is going with our mangment, they think that we are going
to shut up and or will be pleased if they promise us a surprise?
nah... :head: