Cesc Fabregas

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
Was not convinced of some no name Ukranian in late 90's as our most expensive striker or a no name Liberian in early 90's too. And before 85 I don't think Milan had any Dutch stars who did well in the league. So what's the point ? :o:o:o

Not saying he's wouldn't be great, but Spaniards don't really have the best track record in Serie A, it's just something I'm taking in to consideration.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not saying he's wouldn't be great, but Spaniards don't really have the best track record in Serie A, it's just something I'm taking in to consideration.

Not many quality Spaniards have come here.

Best of Spain, Germany, England and Italy ( atleast 95 % of em) stays in home country. So this is an argument that every person who follows a team in any of the leagues have against players from the remaining 3 countries.

yonix

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Cesc would be perfect for us. His through passes are great. He's a midfielder who scores, and that's something Allegri wants as he said that to explain why he likes Hamsik.
He plays in a more direct way than what Barca does, which fits our style really well.

Remember how Berlu complained recently about how we didn't have enough posession in a match? Well Cesc knows posession football, I can see Berlu liking this signing, especially with Cesc also being a captain and a champion who's got a fan following.

Can it happen?

He's frustrated with Arsenal's lack of winning mentality, he's said that what Arsenal lack are players who knows how to win. Well we have that.
He wanted to leave Arsenal last year but Barca wasn't willing to pay enough and this year he still hasn't won anything. I think I read a tweet where he congratulated his good friend Flamini with winning his first trophy. :D After another year of the same he must feel like things won't be changing any time soon, so he wants out.

Sure Barcelona is his dream destination, it's his home town, he'll be playing with his best friend Pique, his idol will be his coach, but do you think he would be desperate to join Barca if Arsenal was winning everything right now? If Barca were struggling and hadn't won anything for years while Arsenal was winning everything then he wouldn't leave. He's ambitious.
Barca are said to be playing the best football currently, the press are raving about it being the best team ever, they are winning almost everything, of cause he'd want to be part of that.

But if he goes to Barca he won't be a guaranteed starter, he will be that in Milan.

I think Barca and their fans are a littel ambivalent about his potential signing, Guardiola wants him but Barca aren't happy about paying a lot for him since they trained him and are angry he left for Arsenal in the first place.
They also have players like Thiago Alcantara, who would be a starter in many other teams who's waiting for more playing time, and if Cesc came he would have even less chances to play.
Thiago's father have said that if Cesc joins Thiago could leave. Then the "Cesc-case" could happen all over again with Thiago Alcantara.

It comes down to this: if Barca aren't willing to pay what Arsenal wants he can force his way out by lowering the price with a transfer request or Mascherano style by refusing to play, but it'll cost him a lot of popularity and he wasn't willing to do it last year. If he still wont do that he's got the choice between staying in Arsenal and hope they can win something some day, or go somewhere else to a club that's willing to pay the price.

In the last case I'd say we have a good chance of getting him:
-We play possession football which is what he likes.
-We have players with winning mentality.
-He'll be a starter, we need him.
-It's a choice that doesn't preclude him ending up in Barca some day like joining Real Madrid would.
-He won't alienate the Arsenal fans as much as he would if he went to another English team.

In the end it's a question of money, it will cost us, because we'll only get him if Barca won't pay what Arsenal demands. Barca's new president seems kind of cheap though, and Barca and Arsenal have a terrible relationship.
We'll have to wait and see how much Berlusconi is willing to spend, but he isn't doing to well politically right now so people seem to think he'll spend to help his situation.

Who knows, maybe it's just silly-season gossip and Milan haven't though of him at all. And we'll and up with Lazzari. :devilcon:

EXACTLY! Like you read my mind. Fabregas is ambitious and wants some silverwere.

Why do you think he left barca in the first place? To play football and win. If we can match what aresenal is asking and others(except for barca) are offering(ofcourse we can if berlu likes him) then I don't see any other team he would chose over us. He fits perfectly here as he gets everything(almost) he wants and we get what we need...a win win situation!

My only worries about him is his injury record...

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
talking about Thiago Alcantara... he was supposed to be a free agent this summer... I don't remember reading anything about him renewing with Barca yet...has anybody?

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Cesc would be perfect for us. His through passes are great. He's a midfielder who scores, and that's something Allegri wants as he said that to explain why he likes Hamsik.
He plays in a more direct way than what Barca does, which fits our style really well.

Remember how Berlu complained recently about how we didn't have enough posession in a match? Well Cesc knows posession football, I can see Berlu liking this signing, especially with Cesc also being a captain and a champion who's got a fan following.

Can it happen?

He's frustrated with Arsenal's lack of winning mentality, he's said that what Arsenal lack are players who knows how to win. Well we have that.
He wanted to leave Arsenal last year but Barca wasn't willing to pay enough and this year he still hasn't won anything. I think I read a tweet where he congratulated his good friend Flamini with winning his first trophy. :D After another year of the same he must feel like things won't be changing any time soon, so he wants out.

Sure Barcelona is his dream destination, it's his home town, he'll be playing with his best friend Pique, his idol will be his coach, but do you think he would be desperate to join Barca if Arsenal was winning everything right now? If Barca were struggling and hadn't won anything for years while Arsenal was winning everything then he wouldn't leave. He's ambitious.
Barca are said to be playing the best football currently, the press are raving about it being the best team ever, they are winning almost everything, of cause he'd want to be part of that.

But if he goes to Barca he won't be a guaranteed starter, he will be that in Milan.

I think Barca and their fans are a littel ambivalent about his potential signing, Guardiola wants him but Barca aren't happy about paying a lot for him since they trained him and are angry he left for Arsenal in the first place.
They also have players like Thiago Alcantara, who would be a starter in many other teams who's waiting for more playing time, and if Cesc came he would have even less chances to play.
Thiago's father have said that if Cesc joins Thiago could leave. Then the "Cesc-case" could happen all over again with Thiago Alcantara.

It comes down to this: if Barca aren't willing to pay what Arsenal wants he can force his way out by lowering the price with a transfer request or Mascherano style by refusing to play, but it'll cost him a lot of popularity and he wasn't willing to do it last year. If he still wont do that he's got the choice between staying in Arsenal and hope they can win something some day, or go somewhere else to a club that's willing to pay the price.

In the last case I'd say we have a good chance of getting him:
-We play possession football which is what he likes.
-We have players with winning mentality.
-He'll be a starter, we need him.
-It's a choice that doesn't preclude him ending up in Barca some day like joining Real Madrid would.
-He won't alienate the Arsenal fans as much as he would if he went to another English team.

In the end it's a question of money, it will cost us, because we'll only get him if Barca won't pay what Arsenal demands. Barca's new president seems kind of cheap though, and Barca and Arsenal have a terrible relationship.
We'll have to wait and see how much Berlusconi is willing to spend, but he isn't doing to well politically right now so people seem to think he'll spend to help his situation.

Who knows, maybe it's just silly-season gossip and Milan haven't though of him at all. And we'll and up with Lazzari. :devilcon:

Fantastic post and great points :star:

I knew you had it in you to discuss about players other than Ibra ;)

We wont end up with only Lazzari, we will get a big champion, hopefully Cesc :D

TS33

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'd be worried about his ability to be injured on a fairly regular basis. Like others have said too; would he play with all his heart or just be waiting til Barca called? True he has said if he ever played in Italy, it would be for Milan but still... its a worry. He's definitely the kind of player we need to be looking at (and signing) though.

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy
He'll never join us. He belongs with the diving catalans and to the diving catalans he shall go. He's had a hard-on for them for ages now. Why would he go to us when he could go to them? You know, except for that we have self-respect in our squad and don't dive.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan, all the evidence points to Fabregas

The Milan fans are waiting to see who will be the big name that Berlusconi has announced for next season. After the business already concluded for Mexes and Taiwo , the Rossoneri are preparing a summer to live in so great protagonists on the market front. Some clues can lead to London, namely the captain of Arsenal Cesc Fabregas (24). After the departure of Pirlo fact (which would replace Fabregas albeit with different characteristics), also came the words of Galliani , who said that Milan is looking for a left midfield. If the goal really was the midfielder of the Gunners for the Rossoneri would, however, to beat the competition of the Barcelona team that Fabregas had taken the first steps, which would be ready to offer 30 million plus two players to choose from a shortlist of four young talent.

GAMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan Players
+1

from all player's who are not completely impossible to get fabregas is by far the best. he's exactly the player we need if we really want to compete with barca, real and co for cl-glory.

fabregas would be the best signing since kaka 2003.

He would be awesome in the 12 games per season that he plays!

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
He would be awesome in the 12 games per season that he plays!

In what season he has played even close to that little?

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
In what season he has played even close to that little?

Don't worry, its his way to reverse jinx something. Its work well with "Berlu will not spend to milan again", our transfer, n with Ibra saga.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Milan, all the evidence points to Fabregas

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaase

:( I'm worried about who we will see leave though: ''which would be ready to offer 30 million plus two players to choose from a shortlist of four young talent''

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We are kind of fucked up actually. All the quality midfielders we can sign have some negative point. Fabregas and Ganso are injury prone. Lamela is far too young, unproven and unexperienced. Pastore is not a natural playmaker, and still looks too raw in my opinion. Hamsik seems to underperform on big games. Diego flopped in Serie A. All of them expensive, apart from Diego.

There are very few quality playmakers/midfielders top clubs haven't signed yet, and all of those have some issues. If Milan wants quality, I can't see them running away from gambling. Every quality move we can make is very risky.

I would go for Fàbregas among all of those. He may be injury prone, but is consistent, young, experienced (by the way, how many players are young AND experienced as he is?), a captain, used to play big games... I like Ganso too, but for me Fàgregas wins overall.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
11 assists + 3 goals in 25 matches [22 starts] not bad for a player who only played 56% of league season for Arsenal.

3 goals and 2 assists in 5 matches in the CL. Roughly played 75% of these matches.

81% pass completion rate, 2.88 key passes per game, overall the second best stats at Arsenal this season behind RVP.

Just keep in mind that he only played a bit more than half of the matches this season. I cant begin to imagine what a fit Fabregas could do at a better club than Arsenal.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
His house is up for sale and he hasnt bought another.

Anyone signing up for next season and expecting to still see our current captain plying in his trade at the club should not be holding on to any hope to that dream as he will be sold this summer. Of that you can officially be 100% certain. His property has been put up for sale and he is not buying a new one in this country so read into that what you will. I used to work in the very office where his property is being marketed and I have it on very good authority that he will be leaving the country for good come the summer. This news is of no real surprise value I guess but will we be re-investing the £40m we will probably get for his services? I very much doubt it. We will buy a young winger and try and move Samir into the middle to replace Cesc on the cheap. Is that worth another £1200 for next season? Not in my opinion it isn’t.
http://onlinegooner.com/article.php?section=exclusive&id=2217

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Is Cesc even left-footed? Also, I wouldn't mind him being in Milan, but I'd rather have Ganso.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
11 assists + 3 goals in 25 matches [22 starts] not bad for a player who only played 56% of league season for Arsenal.

3 goals and 2 assists in 5 matches in the CL. Roughly played 75% of these matches.

81% pass completion rate, 2.88 key passes per game, overall the second best stats at Arsenal this season behind RVP.

Just keep in mind that he only played a bit more than half of the matches this season. I cant begin to imagine what a fit Fabregas could do at a better club than Arsenal.
Cesc and Ibra would not work, at all. Ever.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh i see what you did there.Actually nope,why?
Hasn't the Ibra can't play in a team with creative midfielders discussion been done to death already? He needs to be the creative force, he wouldn't play like the CF Cesc needs to play off of, he's too static and that's also a major reason why he's balls in the CL. Pato could work brilliantly with him, can't see it with Ibra.

Edit: Or just watch his time at Barcelona.

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
Hasn't the Ibra can't play in a team with creative midfielders discussion been done to death already? He needs to be the creative force, he wouldn't play like the CF Cesc needs to play off of, he's too static and that's also a major reason why he's balls in the CL. Pato could work brilliantly with him, can't see it with Ibra.

He was scoring for fun at first with Barcelona, then he got injured and lost form.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know, but when you play him like that you lose a lot of what he brings to the game.

Well, with Fabregas replacing Pirlo at LCM and KPB staying at AM not that much changes in terms of formation and playing style.

The minor changes are more mobility in the midfield, equally if not better passing game and Cesc has better defensive qualities than Maestro so solidarity? in the midfield. These minor changes actually contribute a lot more than one can imagine...

As for Ibra, he can just continue doing what he did this season, he will receive accurate passes and so will Pato. Both will score goals and most importantly Milan will send out a statement to the rest of Europe with this kind of signing.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, with Fabregas replacing Pirlo at LCM and KPB staying at AM not that much changes in terms of formation and playing style.

The minor changes are more mobility in the midfield, equally if not better passing game and Cesc has better defensive qualities than Maestro so solidarity? in the midfield. These minor changes actually contribute a lot more than one can imagine...

As for Ibra, he can just continue doing what he did this season, he will receive accurate passes and so will Pato. Both will score goals and most importantly Milan will send out a statement to the rest of Europe with this kind of signing.

Cesc isn't a CM though, I'd swap Boateng with Cesc if anything. Still, don't think Cesc and Ibra could work that effectively, one would suffer slightly.

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players

I think he and Pirlo had a great understanding of each other. In my opinion it wouldnt be an issue because Ibra operates higer up the pitch then Fabregas. But the chance of Fabregas coming to Milan is very slim, on the other hand you could had said the same thing about Ibrahimovic coming to Milan if we would have talked about it last spring. Here is hoping!