Bryan Cristante Thread

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Cant wait to eventually see him back with Milan. Forza Bryan.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
is he not doing well with atalanta?

can't be worse than mauri and montolivo has the athleticism of a 50 year old.
He's supposed to be the most complete player ever by the age of 22-23. Why dont you get this ? Its okay to write him off completely but wank over the likes of Auba and co who only started proving themselves later on. Thats the logic in this forum.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
really happy for him. watched most of this game, the guy is probably better than any of our midfielders right now. he's on a decent run. and after getting abused by so many people on this forum. cristante, vindicated.

hes still got potential, hope he becomes great and return to milan

it's weird, its almost like it sometimes takes young talents a few year to develop...

Think this year he will start showing why he was once considered one of the best talents in Italy. Hopefully if he does, we'll see him back at Milan.

Cant wait to eventually see him back with Milan. Forza Bryan.
:star::star::star::star::thumbsup:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
is he not doing well with atalanta?

can't be worse than mauri and montolivo has the athleticism of a 50 year old.

He is doing well at stuff that never was his issue to begin with, i.e. long distance shots & pushing up to score Nocegoals. I don't see any significant improvement to his atrocious, Calabria-esque defending. He is being carried by Gasperini's 5-3-2. On his way to become Gasp's new Bertolacci, if he improves.

Not worse than the utterly useless Mauri(another pedobear favorite:proud:), agree with that, but we can do better than Cristante and Mauri as bench options.
Monto was far more agile at his age. Which is why Cristante is pretty much nothing if he doesn't improve his defensive game. He's a CM/DM or nothing. Doesn't have the physique or talent of an attacking player.

He's supposed to be the most complete player ever by the age of 22-23. Why dont you get this ? Its okay to write him off completely but wank over the likes of Auba and co who only started proving themselves later on. Thats the logic in this forum.

lol. I'd say it's you Primavera fans who had delusional expectations of a very inexperienced kid in a delicate role that highlights his weakness. I don't remember how you reacted to Cristante's sale, but seeing how you are obsessed with Cristante in 2017, I assume you were one of the hilarious Primavera fans who were outraged over Cristante not being a regular in the XI.

I'd say I have/had realistic expectations of him. I wrote this before he had debuted for Benfica:
I can see why he was desperate for game time and I can also see why he wanted a permanent move instead of just a loan...but as talented as he is, his almost zero above-youth-football experience painfully shows. I don't think even Benfica can afford gifting him the minutes he need - they have short-term goals too. Ideally, he'd spend some years playing regular football in Serie B, Eredivisie or some other fodder level and then take the step to Top 5 leagues - but that seems too much for his ego to take. His representatives were making threats already 3 years ago when he hadn't even turned 18. In hindsight, making him the youngest ever Milan player to feature in a CL game may not have been good for his career.

I expect him to fall out with Benfica after a year or two and then end up in some provincial team somewhere.

I don't regret a word of it. If his performances for Milan wasn't enough, the last years on the benches and stands of Benfica and Palermo should be, to prove Milan were right to not build around Cristante and instead seek to send him on loan.
Even now in Atalanta, and Pescara last season, I still see the same defensive liability that played a key role in the infamous Sassuolo game that got Allegri fired. No wonder c4c ignored him completely.

However I never ruled out him turning into a proper player.

I believe he'll eventually turn into a good player though, unless he gives up after the setbacks.

but it remains to be seen if he will be Bertolacci "good" or prime De Rossi "good".
He is almost Bertolacci "good" at the moment.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What I find the most hilarious about Cristante fans is this notion that this spoiled punk was unfairly treated by Milan.:lol:

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Cristante was just overhyped here and goes to show that the ones who were NOT overhyped like Cutrone actually make the cut.

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cassano, Inzaghi, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Sheva, Crespo, Van Bommel, R9
I watched the game and besides the goal he was disappointing, his passing in the final third was woeful. Pentagna on the other hand was impressive.

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cassano, Inzaghi, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Sheva, Crespo, Van Bommel, R9

Unfortunately, I didn't have a choice...they only broadcast EPL and European games involving EPL teams where I live. They stopped broadcasting Serie A on the premium satellite channels.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He is doing well at stuff that never was his issue to begin with, i.e. long distance shots & pushing up to score Nocegoals. I don't see any significant improvement to his atrocious, Calabria-esque defending. He is being carried by Gasperini's 5-3-2. On his way to become Gasp's new Bertolacci, if he improves.

Not worse than the utterly useless Mauri(another pedobear favorite:proud:), agree with that, but we can do better than Cristante and Mauri as bench options.
Monto was far more agile at his age. Which is why Cristante is pretty much nothing if he doesn't improve his defensive game. He's a CM/DM or nothing. Doesn't have the physique or talent of an attacking player.

lol. I'd say it's you Primavera fans who had delusional expectations of a very inexperienced kid in a delicate role that highlights his weakness. I don't remember how you reacted to Cristante's sale, but seeing how you are obsessed with Cristante in 2017, I assume you were one of the hilarious Primavera fans who were outraged over Cristante not being a regular in the XI.

I'd say I have/had realistic expectations of him. I wrote this before he had debuted for Benfica:

I don't regret a word of it. If his performances for Milan wasn't enough, the last years on the benches and stands of Benfica and Palermo should be, to prove Milan were right to not build around Cristante and instead seek to send him on loan.
Even now in Atalanta, and Pescara last season, I still see the same defensive liability that played a key role in the infamous Sassuolo game that got Allegri fired. No wonder c4c ignored him completely.

However I never ruled out him turning into a proper player.

but it remains to be seen if he will be Bertolacci "good" or prime De Rossi "good".
He is almost Bertolacci "good" at the moment.
Yes, at the time he deserved more playing time. Its not like we had Van Bommel there. Its you who is delusional. Aubameyang had a similar route and ended up being a striker who many would have killed for. The reason why I get upset at the way people talk about Cristante is because these are the same people who hyped him like hell the same way they did with el shaarawy and niang and such and then completely turned against them. I feel Cristante will succeed. Its just a feeling and I'm entitled to it. You and every other delusional user who think just because some of us try to keep track of primavera news means we are 'primavera fans' can block me. I'm a Milan fan, and the only thing I care about is Milan performing. I've been a fan in Milans' darkest days and have only witnessed Milan win 2 significant trophies as a Milan fan. If I believe a certain Primavera player should start, its because I believe he can provide something our existing players cant. You can run along now.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We were right to let him move on, but it's annoying when people say he never had talent. He did and he showed some very good things before leaving.

Besides, he is doing fine at Atalanta, a team that finished in 4th and just whooped up on an epl team fresh off dropping like 150 mil this summer. That's pretty successful for the vast majority of players. He's even young enough to improve just enough to maybe make one more step up in his career.

I'd say it's fair to say he failed at Milan but he definitely was/is not a bad player, no way

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
People need to give more time to young players. There are players who have speedy development while the others take time. Many factors determine the progress of young players, not only the talent itself. We are fans at best only watch their games but only few games, others are from news. The management who follow them closely could even be wrong about predicting the development of young players (like Aubameyang, Darmian). So, we need just to be patient before making the final judgement.

Cristante is still young (22) and has time to grow. The talent was/is there, no one can deny it. Let him play for a couple of seasons and see how his development will be.

There is not a fault praising young talents, follow the youth teams closely. Like Charbel said, first team is the most important but having a first team fulfilled by some of our youth products add some satisfaction like watching Locatelli playing as starter last season (not including Donarumma since one thing that fans expect from youth products is their loyalty, something almost impossible in these days).

So, stop the hatred towards people who love following Milan young talents!

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
The problem with Cristante was that he clearly had ability, clearly wasn't ready to be a starter and yet seemed to act as if he was the first name on the team-sheet and had to force his way out to make that true.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
We were right to let him move on, but it's annoying when people say he never had talent. He did and he showed some very good things before leaving.

Besides, he is doing fine at Atalanta, a team that finished in 4th and just whooped up on an epl team fresh off dropping like 150 mil this summer. That's pretty successful for the vast majority of players. He's even young enough to improve just enough to maybe make one more step up in his career.

I'd say it's fair to say he failed at Milan but he definitely was/is not a bad player, no way

how did he failed at milan? we sold him when he was 18 after playing few matches

People need to give more time to young players. There are players who have speedy development while the others take time. Many factors determine the progress of young players, not only the talent itself. We are fans at best only watch their games but only few games, others are from news. The management who follow them closely could even be wrong about predicting the development of young players (like Aubameyang, Darmian). So, we need just to be patient before making the final judgement.

Cristante is still young (22) and has time to grow. The talent was/is there, no one can deny it. Let him play for a couple of seasons and see how his development will be.

There is not a fault praising young talents, follow the youth teams closely. Like Charbel said, first team is the most important but having a first team fulfilled by some of our youth products add some satisfaction like watching Locatelli playing as starter last season (not including Donarumma since one thing that fans expect from youth products is their loyalty, something almost impossible in these days).

So, stop the hatred towards people who love following Milan young talents!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::star::star:

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
This entitled piece of shit can stay away from Milan. Forcing his way out of Milan because he think he deserved to start when he couldn't even hack it at benfica later. This fucking nobody couldn't even fight for his place?? Fuck him and his agent.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
The problem with Cristante was that he clearly had ability, clearly wasn't ready to be a starter and yet seemed to act as if he was the first name on the team-sheet and had to force his way out to make that true.

I dont think this is a fair characterization.

It seemed more as if he did not trust management to give him a fair chance, and that opinion was partially confirmed with the van Ginkel loan to play the same role. And I remember G saying that he wanted to send him out on loan, which was kinda BS since it wasnt like our team was so good that he shouldnt have gotten minutes.

It isnt like he went to an easy team to break into, but he went to one with a history of actually giving young players a chance.

While Benfica clearly didnt work out, as a 22 year old he was able to break into a team that finished 4th in Serie A. That is pretty impressive, and certainly better than some of the awful players we have had the last few years.

Refusing to be patient with younger talent has cost the team. Look at what we have missed out on as a result-

PeA- one of the best strikers in the world
Sokratis- starter at an elite club
Darmian- starter at an elite club
Astori- Italian international, club captain
Petagna- still a work in progress, but was starter on a top 4 team and made an Italy apperance
Saponara- had an 11 assist season.

Etc.

Not all of these guys would have been stars here or anything, but considering how bad we were the last 3-4 years, that is a whole lot of talent that we lost due to lack of patience.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, at the time he deserved more playing time. Its not like we had Van Bommel there.

Our options were bad and Cristante was the worst, along with Nocerino.
And he did get chances, even starts. Until it got Allegri fired, after starting Cristante and Noce against Sassuolo.

The results improved when Seedorf arrived and ditched Cristante & Noce and the midfield-3 for a double pivot with Monto-NDJ, with Muntari and Essien as rotation.

If our available midfielders weren't good enough - which I agree they weren't - then the solution is to sign better midfielders, which was doable even with our limited budget. But yeah, what we should've done is start Cristante at all costs and risk getting relegated. FU B&G!

The reason why I get upset at the way people talk about Cristante is because these are the same people who hyped him like hell the same way they did with el shaarawy and niang and such and then completely turned against them.

:lol:

Poor Crissy no longer receiving love from Milan fans after forcing a permanent move away from the club at 19 and proving the board right in Benfica, Palermo etc. :cry::cry:

This twat was making threats of leaving the club long before he even turned 18.

A Dollarrumma who had showed nothing.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I dont think this is a fair characterization.

It seemed more as if he did not trust management to give him a fair chance, and that opinion was partially confirmed with the van Ginkel loan to play the same role. And I remember G saying that he wanted to send him out on loan, which was kinda BS since it wasnt like our team was so good that he shouldnt have gotten minutes.

It isnt like he went to an easy team to break into, but he went to one with a history of actually giving young players a chance.

While Benfica clearly didnt work out, as a 22 year old he was able to break into a team that finished 4th in Serie A. That is pretty impressive, and certainly better than some of the awful players we have had the last few years.

Refusing to be patient with younger talent has cost the team. Look at what we have missed out on as a result-

PeA- one of the best strikers in the world
Sokratis- starter at an elite club
Darmian- starter at an elite club
Astori- Italian international, club captain
Petagna- still a work in progress, but was starter on a top 4 team and made an Italy apperance
Saponara- had an 11 assist season.

Etc.

Not all of these guys would have been stars here or anything, but considering how bad we were the last 3-4 years, that is a whole lot of talent that we lost due to lack of patience.

While I generally agree, Cristante seemed to have a poor mentality at the time. He looked to be forcing his way out.

Most agree that Aubameyang should have been retained in some capacity, but we were actually good back then, so I can understand it.

Sokratis was famously slow for us. Should have been given more of a chance but I feel he needed to step down to step back up. Could have stayed.

Darmian was always a RCB option for us, for some reason. I never saw much potential even if he was the chosen one for a few years.

Astori was dreadful for us. Just utterly dreadful. Happy to see he's doing well now, but he was shit.

Petagna isn't bad, still not sure it would have been best for him to stay.

Saponara failed here, unfortunate as it was.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

What Cristante needed wasn't minutes - which he got - but SEASONS of regular football.
It was better for him to be a starter at a lesser side than a rotation player in Milan.

Refusing to be patient with younger talent has cost the team. Look at what we have missed out on as a result

How is sending him on loan being impatient? Cristante is the one who pushed for the sale, and the club fulfilled his wish because they don't force players to stay.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He's actually doing quite well and has become an important part of Atalanta's team. He's fitting well into their pressing game and quick passing.

Seems to score big goals too (Napoli, Juve).

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Has been called up by Ventura in De Rossis absence. Interesting how his season has begun.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Impressive to get the call up. Good for him, hope we can get him back someday, would be fun to have him and Locatelli in a double pivot

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Congrats, well deserved.

People give me shit for supporting the likes of petagna, Bryan etc

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Fossati and Valoti start for Hellas Verona for time to time