The Red & Black Forums - View Single Post - Gli Azzurri - La Nazionale, Italy National Football Team
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2012, 11:13   #43
Fiero

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
As I said earlier, Giaccherini is the only one in that squad who can provide ample width and pace.
Pepe is better and had a far better season.

Quote:
Also out of the players whom you've mentioned, only Cigarini plays in the same position as Aquilani. So I don't even see the comparison.
I know but you're the one who generalized and said all midfielders. So you rather Cigarini than Aquilani?

Quote:
Matri, seriously? He tried his best to ruin Juve's scudetto run with his misses.
Name me a better Italian CF currently. They're all shit, yes. But a CF is a must. At least on the bench in case Balotelli doesn't score/gets sent off/doesn't bother showing up.

Going to the Euros with a bunch of midgets and Balotelli is suicide. Plus Maggio and Criscito/Balzaretti are crying for a CF.

Quote:
Aquilani has played less and havent looked impressive bar his first few matches. There is nothing to suggest that he'll do well in the Euros.
He's still a quality player to have on the bench. Much better than Nocerino (fuck the 10 goals, he's not going to run into the box for Italy and apart from that he does nothing else) and Cigarini.
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote