The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MILAN 4EVER

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
FACT: In the last 14 games in the CL merda got 2 wins. They have qualified the last 3 seasons for the CL but never couldnt reach the next round:)

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Good morning and fuck Inter. Can't wait to see them dumped out of CL for the third season in a row but this time not even make it to EL spot in 3rd, and then miss out on CL in the league. Top 4 imo will be us, Juve, Napoli, Roma. Atalanta and Lazio have had shaky starts but who knows, Fiore are trash, Sassuolo don't know if they have what it takes to keep this momentum. Inter already in a bit of a struggle and December hasn't even begun.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I think Conte is the most overrated coach of the last 10 years.

on par with Fraudiola probably, although that one was lucky to have one of the best squads in history and win some gold

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Conte is the most overrated coach of the last 10 years.

I think not so much overrated, but he is a great coach, but a horrible manager. He gets too involved in the transfer window and has shown time and time again he has no idea what he is doing on that end.

When he was with Italy it was fine, you get what you get and you work with it. His biggest issue is feeling the need to not work with what he has and with that comes his downfall. Forcing everything into his specific style, unwilling to change anything.

I was on the Conte train but this guy has lost it, his ego is way too big. His stock at big clubs has fallen and I don?t think he will ever get this much power at any club and only a fool would give him this much power again.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
When Juve moved from Conte to Allegri you could see the difference in Europe. Conte was always trash in Europe.

Conte is just an average coach who dominated the most poor, lazy and uninspired Serie A ever existed with a top european quality team.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Good morning and fuck Inter. Can't wait to see them dumped out of CL for the third season in a row but this time not even make it to EL spot in 3rd, and then miss out on CL in the league. Top 4 imo will be us, Juve, Napoli, Roma. Atalanta and Lazio have had shaky starts but who knows, Fiore are trash, Sassuolo don't know if they have what it takes to keep this momentum. Inter already in a bit of a struggle and December hasn't even begun.

Atalanta always has shaky starts, but once they get their best form they become very strong. Them, Napoli and Juventus are the teams that i fear most.

Lazio and Roma seems like they lack the depth to succeed in the long run.

I hope too that Inter will fail to qualify for next CL.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
yep, but conte had pretty shit squad and allegri was getting good/top players each year of coaching in turin

Conte had a top defence and midfield, Tevez, Vucinic, Llorente.

The only good player Allegri got in his first year was Morata, and he reached CL final.

And as good as Morata can be, it's not like a top player that changes everything alone. Ditto for other good players they signed next, like Cuadrado, Mandzukic, Pjanic, etc. most of which came on cheap deals.

They could afford expensive players after their results in Europe and selling Pogba (also operations like signing Kingsley Coman for free and selling next year gave them a little financial boost).

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Conte is just an average coach who dominated the most poor, lazy and uninspired Serie A ever existed with a top european quality team.

He had made them into a pretty well-oiled machine, but has proved since to be very one-dimensional and dependent on a system and particular type of players. Very inflexible

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
He had made them into a pretty well-oiled machine, but has proved since to be very one-dimensional and dependent on a system and particular type of players. Very inflexible

He made them into a team that was painful for yes with the advantage of not playing in Europe in his first year and not having opponents in the other years.

Outside Italy he struggled even against Nordsj?lland.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He made them into a team that was painful for yes with the advantage of not playing in Europe in his first year and not having opponents in the other years.

Outside Italy he struggled even against Nordsj?lland.
However I remember back then how many people and fans were downplaying Allegris coaching, especially Milan fans, saying he's basically riding on what Conte has built and for a while it seemed like every success of Allegri was Contes.

I don't know. Conte has kickstarted what became the strongest team in Italy for almost a decade, made Italy at one of its lowest point talent wise look very decent and he won also a PL title. Wouldn't say he's an average coach. Overrated, maybe. But not average.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Last edited:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I think not so much overrated, but he is a great coach, but a horrible manager. He gets too involved in the transfer window and has shown time and time again he has no idea what he is doing on that end.

When he was with Italy it was fine, you get what you get and you work with it. His biggest issue is feeling the need to not work with what he has and with that comes his downfall. Forcing everything into his specific style, unwilling to change anything.

I was on the Conte train but this guy has lost it, his ego is way too big. His stock at big clubs has fallen and I don?t think he will ever get this much power at any club and only a fool would give him this much power again.

Facts - and that is why I was never on the train.
When his name was flirted I thought 'good if he comes that means we actually have money...but I dont want him to be the manager because he will just bitch and moan and be out shortly after that'

Looks like I may have thrown too much dirt on the special one too as Spurs are riding high but the season is long. If Jose has them humming again next season then maybe the game actually hasnt passed him by.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
However I remember back then how many people and fans were downplaying Allegris coaching, especially Milan fans, saying he's basically riding on what Conte has built and for a while it seemed like every success of Allegri was Contes.

I don't know. Conte has kickstarted what became the strongest team in Italy for almost a decade, made Italy at one of its lowest point talent wise look very decent and he won also a PL title. Wouldn't say he's an average coach. Overrated, maybe. But not average.

People back them blamed Allegri for not winning CL with Kevin Constant.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

When his name was flirted I thought 'good if he comes that means we actually have money...but I dont want him to be the manager because he will just bitch and moan and be out shortly after that'

Looks like I may have thrown too much dirt on the special one too as Spurs are riding high but the season is long. If Jose has them humming again next season then maybe the game actually hasnt passed him by.
Well, Mourinho came basically mid season and had to deal with the team in a disastrous negative spiral and had regularly missed his best players, especially Kane and later on Son (at the same time). There's only little he could do with all those circumstances.

I think this season is the 1st season you can base a fair evaluation of Mous work.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Pogba-Pirlo-Vidal-Marchisio - Best midfield in Europe.
Chiellini-Barzagli-Bonucci - Probably the best defence in it?s time.
Tevez, Coman

?Shit squad?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/juventus-fc/startseite/verein/506?saison_id=2014

Allegri only added Dybala, Cuadrado and Sandro, and reached final. Conte couldn?t do more than group stages.

Dybala Cuadrado and Sandro came after the first CL final.

The significant signings of the first Allegri season were Evra, who only made one good season, and Morata. Others were Serie A average players that they needed for depth, like Isla, Pereyra and Sturaro.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
When his name was flirted I thought 'good if he comes that means we actually have money...but I dont want him to be the manager because he will just bitch and moan and be out shortly after that'.

I was on the "good if he comes" train too, not because of that, but because we were stuck with bad coaches and undisciplined team.

I think the best we had in the banter era was Mihajlovic, not exactly a superb tactician, but at least he was respected by the players, he asked and obtained Montolivo to train harder and reach decent fitness, making him and Kucka a pretty nice pair, he won a derby and made Mbaye Niang look like a beast.

Conte would have been an upgrade on him and of course on Montella too.

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
People back them blamed Allegri for not winning CL with Kevin Constant.

Allegri was an easy scapegoat for Milan fans and management.

He played with Poli, Matri, Birsa, Urby, Saponara and such players, had half of the team with injuries (El Shaarawy, Montolivo, Constant, De Sciglio) and was forced to play Berlu?s 4-3-1-2 and then was blamed for not reaching top 3.

Last edited:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
i was talking about conte with juve vs allegri with juve in europe, not 1 year vs 1 year

and conte had matri, lorente, tavez, giovinco in attack as best iirc
when allegri got dybala, gonzalo, madzu, morata, pjanic

after 1st year ucl final, allegri were eliminated in 1st ko stage next year
also allegri won 0/3 finals, i guess winning at least once should be possible if porto or chelsea could.

imo both are crap in different way, and i dont blame allegri for results with milan with crap players.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
i was talking about conte with juve vs allegri with juve in europe, not 1 year vs 1 year

and conte had matri, lorente, tavez, giovinco in attack as best iirc
when allegri got dybala, gonzalo, madzu, morata, pjanic

after 1st year ucl final, allegri were eliminated in 1st ko stage next year
also allegri won 0/3 finals, i guess winning at least once should be possible if porto or chelsea could.

imo both are crap in different way, and i dont blame allegri for results with milan with crap players.

I was talking about Conte in Europe not in Serie A. Allegri lost Pogba and Vidal and was still able to do more in Europe than Conte has ever done. Conte?s conservative system with 3-5-2 never worked in UEFA competitions.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Allegri > Me >>>> Conte

My 533 formation that I learnt from someone here is better than any 3ATB formation.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Gotta say conte is the most overrated coach ive probably witnessed. His back 3 is laughable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule