The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
is that the 13/14 kit? Was wearing mine (the infamous one with Matri on the back) playing football earlier today.

Yup have the away one too.
Let me post it real quick

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
:lol::star::star::star:

Do you smell what Qaas :-)proud:) is cooking? Its sweet redemption :o

d763d8090633dffa687f29828b5d1038.jpg

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Are there any good previews/trailers for this historic meeting?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Same guys with the same poor taste in jerseys.. closed forum :head:

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Forum is closed until america comes knocking with big boats. With guns. Gun boats. Open up the forum they'll say, stop having the forum be closed

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Do you guys prefer Italian teams to do well in the CL? Or not?

idk exactly why, but I do support them, except Juve and Inter. I guess I want the league to be respected so that when Milan wins it, there is more prestige attached

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
There is more satisfaction when the opposition is at a highly competitive level. A higher competitive field allows players to reach further heights. I want all teams in serie a to play well and Milan to play the most premiere brand.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
The romanticism of Ibra in this forum has reached banter levels. I love the guy but I dont give a fuck yhat he scored 15 goals in 19 games. He was out injured for majority of the season (including the crucial end of it). If you really wanna get nitty gritty about it, he was only on the scoresheet 11 games out of 27 played. Not to mention his San Remo antics, needless red cards, and return to the Swedish national team.

Love the Giroud signing but lets face it, he was brought in as a backup to Ibra. And the fact that we decided to go into the season with a 40 yr old as our starting CF is plain stupidity, especially if he ends up missing most of the season yet again (not a good start). This is why I was against the Pellegri signing and wanted us to bring in a more reliable 3rd CF option (and not another crock).

As for his wages, what other club would have agreed to pay him 7m in wages at his age? Dude wasnt even getting paid that much in MLS. And then folks lose their shit when guys like Kessie ask for similar wages. Kessie, who has barely missed a game in the last 3 seasons and is arguably our most important player.

And dont give me shit about how he brings a winning mentality or whatnot into the club. What is this squad? A bunch of sissies that they constant need Ibra to hold their hand? If anything, the whole bit about Ibra bringing a winning mentality into the squad has been overplayed and mostly PR and feeding his big ego. No doubt he has played a part, but Pioli and the individual players (such as Theo, Bennacer, Kessie, Calabria) taking the next step has played a bigger part.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
The romanticism of Ibra in this forum has reached banter levels. I love the guy but I dont give a fuck yhat he scored 15 goals in 19 games. He was out injured for majority of the season (including the crucial end of it). If you really wanna get nitty gritty about it, he was only on the scoresheet 11 games out of 27 played. Not to mention his San Remo antics, needless red cards, and return to the Swedish national team.

Love the Giroud signing but lets face it, he was brought in as a backup to Ibra. And the fact that we decided to go into the season with a 40 yr old as our starting CF is plain stupidity, especially if he ends up missing most of the season yet again (not a good start). This is why I was against the Pellegri signing and wanted us to bring in a more reliable 3rd CF option (and not another crock).

As for his wages, what other club would have agreed to pay him 7m in wages at his age? Dude wasnt even getting paid that much in MLS. And then folks lose their shit when guys like Kessie ask for similar wages. Kessie, who has barely missed a game in the last 3 seasons and is arguably our most important player.

And dont give me shit about how he brings a winning mentality or whatnot into the club. What is this squad? A bunch of sissies that they constant need Ibra to hold their hand? If anything, the whole bit about Ibra bringing a winning mentality into the squad has been overplayed and mostly PR and feeding his big ego. No doubt he has played a part, but Pioli and the individual players (such as Theo, Bennacer, Kessie, Calabria) taking the next step has played a bigger part.

So paolo Maldini sat down one day and wholeheartedly disagreed with your opinion

I guess case closed or are you just venting and you want us to listen

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
General??? Diavolo???

Is it true we playing the champagne football tomorrow??

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers

Would you agree that after the arrival bof ibra to the club this team has improved. We can measure this by looking at ladder position. Fact is we finished 2nd last season. The first full season ibra played at our club. In fact I think if you were to look at PPG both before and after ibra you would see a difference.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta

I personally think you're sitting in enough of your own shit, so I don't have you give you more.

There's a clear cut difference between Milan pre-Zlatan's 2nd coming and Milan post-Zlatan's 2nd coming. It's not romanticism. Where's dumbass VS when you need him..

Yo VS...come regurgitate some numbers here boy-o.

It's all you're good for at this point.

Also fyi, Giroud's here to be more than a back-up. Pretty sure Pioli has seen that with Giroud's last performance for us. You should have seen it as well, though your shit seat might be a tad too low for ya.

Punters gonna punt. :o

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
At this point, does anyone know how large chunk of Zlatan’s wage is related to appearances, or are we just going to throw the number 7 million around?

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
At this point, does anyone know how large chunk of Zlatan?s wage is related to appearances, or are we just going to throw the number 7 million around?

People just throw that number around, ignoring the fact that the tax is less when it comes to Ibra compared to i e Donnarumma and Kessie. This reminds me of how some people were completely fine to let Zlatan go when we sold him off to PSG and some even wanted him gone simply because they disliked him, then whine about it after we entered banter era.

Him being injured is not ideal, no one thinks so. But there's a big differences since he came here and you can see it literally on the field and scoreboard for Maldini to think that it's worth it. The change didn't come by itself and it sure as hell didn't come only from pioli. Zlatan is known for being a prick at times and for his winning mentality and its clear that it has rubbed off yo this young team. That itself invaluable

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
injured: Zlatan, Bakayoko, Krunic
Not match fit: Messias, Giroud, Tonali.

Wish we had a full squad, but we still push for win .

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Why do you reopen this discussion while I am replying Nestafan about the haka?

Reopen the discussion? Isn't this a message board?

I treat your opinion as any other, as I did with necro. If I think you have a silly take I'm happy to point it out. It's maybe counter-productive of me to use a sharp word like ignorance, but in all seriousness that was my first thought upon reading post after post by you - complaining about him over extending himself when the entire squad of young players are on record saying he's a god. Ibra brings experience, champion mentality and high expectation of performance and is together with Pioli a vital man manager in this squad.

Agree on the haka. If calling a weird take ignorant excludes me from becoming a mod then I guess that's that.

Re-open a subject you've already closed? Lol wtf man.

If you call me ignorant on a matter I'm immediately curious to find out if it's true and how to learn, I don't become OFFENDED because a harsh light has been thrown on an opinion of mine.

Last edited:

Rossoneri97

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka
At this point, does anyone know how large chunk of Zlatan?s wage is related to appearances, or are we just going to throw the number 7 million around?

Throwing it around possibly cause who the hell knew that Romag was on a yearly increase contract. So anyone saying it's appearance-based is pulling it out from their ass.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Throwing it around possibly cause who the hell knew that Romag was on a yearly increase contract. So anyone saying it's appearance-based is pulling it out from their ass.
What the fuck does Roma’s contract have to do with the news that came out that Ibra’s salary is dependent on appearances?

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
Zlatan has not gone to liverpool? I thought it was just an Achilles tweak? Regardless we have some good leaders still

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli only needs to overcome his second season slump and qualify for the CL again (I don?t care about the Scudetto) and prove he?s not a one season wonder to earn my respect. I think that?s a fair request given that he?s never managed to do this before during his stints at Inter, Lazio + Fiorentina. Also, he?s competing against some of the best coaches in the world instead of Gattuso/Pirlo/Fonseca so it?ll be much more meaningful second time around.
Yeah but I heared that 2nd-season-argument already in summer 2020 (he took over in fall 2019) after our first incredible run.

He's actually almost two years with us now and the only time we hit a slump coincidented with our ridicolous and to no one else bar Liverpool comparable injury crisis (which you still haven't explained why it's no factor at all to you, like for real not even worth mentioning or at least acknowledging).

And now all of a sudden the "but last year he faced only noob coaches" argument pops up despite already beating coaches like Conte, Simone Inzaghi, Gasperini and Sarri. What's going to be the next argument when he has beaten Allegri, Klopp or Mourinho (touching wood)?

It feels to me like you're trying to avoid the injury argument at all costs and just trying to find new arguments to not acknowledge that Pioli simply is the best coach we've had since Allegri or even Ancelotti (probably averaging an even better PPG ratio despite not having the most superior squad in the league like the other coaches).

Last edited:

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope Pioli has some aces up his sleeve. We can't just outplay them in the traditional way. I would like to see us approaching them more defensively than usual. This is a test of the highest level for our defensive game.

In attack we have plenty of speed and good passers. Given their high press, I won't exclude direct passes from Mike to Leao/Rebic. They are a very strong team, but we have our weapons and if used well, we can hurt them.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So many different coaches have been considered losers before, y'know, they finally won something.

I wasn't excited about Pioli, I didn't go full on Pioli out, but I was just sort of... resigned to Milan being stuck in a constant state of rebuilding.

Pioli has surprised me. The thing that is a constant over his managerial career is that he's always been lauded for his ability to work on the mentality of his players. At Fiorentina in dealing with the tragic aftermath of Astori's passing, he was given a lot of respect in how he handled that.

Pioli has shown constant shifts and changes to his tactical approach with Milan. We ended our game against Lazio with a 442, and he's shown 352, and other various approaches. He used Rebic in a better way than he did from last year.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, the improvement in this squad, the growth of so many players, Pioli deserves a lot of credit. Pioli has defied all his supposed previous patterns, because every season is different.

While I hope that Pioli leads us to 10 straight CLs in a row, I think that whatever happens with this squad going forward, with Pioli or not, he's got to be given a lot of credit for this team's return.
Realistically speaking, this is the first CL game for 90% of our squad. This tonight could go from freaking glorious to a biblical slaughtering by Liverpool.

Knowing how well Pioli prepares his games, I expect us to do good tho.

However, even the many times praised Atalanta in his first CL outings two years ago got to eat some dirty shit. It would be no world ending event if it happened to us as well, although I'm very well aware that the usual suspects who are being exceptionally quiet these days will resurface and call doom and gloom on everything and everyone in this club.

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And let me add this: Many experts have praised Piolis tactics and mental work on this team. Many experts who are known fans of other Italian clubs too. What they all steadily repeat is that Piolis Milan has the most "international mindset" in Serie A. Just like Milan used to have in the past.

We the fans called that CL DNA.

Let that sink.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
CL Daaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shut up with all the bickering and let's focus on sending good energy to our boiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule