Staff member
Reaction score
Maaaaaaaaaaaattttttccccchhhhhdddddaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy :c:

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Decided to watch some previews, with liverpool fans and general chit chat.

Man, people really make judgments on things they dont know haha

Ac are old (never milan)
I think people only know Ibra and Girou it seems, few little mention of any other player.
We have a decent left back, maybe
Romagnoli is our best CB

Interesting to see what people say.

We will leak goals as well

If they stop tonali, they will win.

-------------------------------------------

Itll be good to see the team go out and kill it, i do think tonali will kill himself tonight going for it. The kid might have some real fire for his first CL game, and, no less for milan.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
many tears will flow tonight

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Decided to watch some previews, with liverpool fans and general chit chat.

Man, people really make judgments on things they dont know haha

Ac are old (never milan)
I think people only know Ibra and Girou it seems, few little mention of any other player.
We have a decent left back, maybe
Romagnoli is our best CB

Interesting to see what people say.

We will leak goals as well

If they stop tonali, they will win.

-------------------------------------------

Itll be good to see the team go out and kill it, i do think tonali will kill himself tonight going for it. The kid might have some real fire for his first CL game, and, no less for milan.

Yeah a lot of casual fans and those that only watch PL are in for a surprise. The ones that do care about other leagues probably know we're a threat. At least Klopp knows it and his team does so they'll be prepared.

As for Tonali, I don't think he's starting this one. I was already leaning towards Bennacer being a better fit (if he's fit) and now that Tonali has missed the last training session I think Bennacer is clearly more likely to start. He's played in the PL before so it won't be a complete shock to him starting at Anfield. Tonali played two seasons in Serie A, with only half a season with fans. Might be risky to throw him in at Anfield especially with the sudden pressure now that everyone is (deservedly) praising him so much. He's our only midfielder off the bench so he's going to play a part no matter what.

I'm still not sure who will start at CF. I really hope Giroud can play a big part in the game. Giroud starting with Rebic on the left, and then Leao coming on later in the game seems like an exciting scenario. If we start with Rebic and Leao on the left that means Pioli wants to move our center of gravity back and possibly play with a low block, and just hit them on the break. That might be a very sensible approach, and we would still try to press their goal kicks and have a short counterpress, etc, but generally we would quickly drop back to a narrow 4411 and wait for the right moments to launch forward with Rebic, Leao, Theo, Saelemaekers and Brahim. If they try to press us we just go long with Kjaer or Maignan. I think this is a very sensible approach and it leaves us with Giroud on the bench if we are behind and need to push up.

As for Kessie this is the game he's been waiting for. All eyes on him and if he wants a big payday he needs to perform. An excellent performance here and he suddenly gets much more interest from the big PL clubs.

Last edited:

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Attacareeeeeee!!

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we see Theo tracking Salah too often that's a dangerous game. It means Trent will just have to avoid Leao (or Rebic) to be free. That's why I think we'll keep seeing what we did with Lazio, which was shifting the entire defense left so Theo is the free man in order to track Trent. Basically playing a 5 man backline, with Saelemaekers as the RWB. The threat of Leao being higher up and with little defensive responsibilities will make Trent think twice about pushing up too often, and that would leave Theo as the free man to help double up on Salah, and Theo being the free man means he's also free when in transition so we can instantly release him. Salah is amazing but he's not that great at tracking his fullback.

I think the whole game will revolve around this dynamic. Who's tracking Trent, how do we avoid Trent and Salah overloading our left side and how do Liverpool deal with Leao (or Rebic) staying further up as the outball.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm shaking already this has never happend before 1 day before the game

The Viasat Sport studio with Wennstrom was a big part of the CL magic for me. 7-8 years of wait and then when Milan finally qualify for CL the rights are sold to C More.:fp: Can't stand their budget studio, obnoxious uninformed presenter, generally low quality of everything. As if that's not bad enough, they've decided not to air the biggest matches on the linear channels.

Oh well, there's still BT Sport.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Medical staff is bad ,but Ibra and his ego are worse. First photo was showing his knee and date. At 40 your recovery time is slower. I'm 40 and l lift weights but now i make 3-4 days rest not like before 1-2 days rest.

I'm 34 and lift as well with more recovery time than 10 years ago, and recently had to switch to a trap bar for deadlifts, but we don't get the same medical staff around us that a highly paid athlete like Ibra does.

Regardless of his ego, the medical staff should not have allowed him to play if he wasn't fit. It's their job, if Ibra throws a temper tantrum its the management job to sort it out and so on.

There's no excuse for them doing a piss poor job for such a long period of time over and over again.

Anyway, game day!!!!

I can't bloody wait to hear the anthem again, and see our boys walking to the pitch to it.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Expected lineups
6bdf61de67ca79217a569f7b7710a9d8.jpg

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
wonder what approach we will have for this game...
will we start with pressing and offensive football or style closer to games vs manu where we focused on fighting in midfield.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
CL night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forzaaaaa Milllaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Expected lineups

Mobility and slow transitions won't be an issue with this lineup, that's for sure. I expect another intense first 30 mins, but hopefully with more end product this time. Shame Giroud doesn't seem ready to play from start.

Bennacer or Tonali....there are pros and cons for both. If it was an inform Bennacer then the choice would be easy, but we haven't seen an inform Isma since Nov last year.

I think Tonali benefited from Florenzi's cautious, mezz'ala-esque approach, his defensive coverage. Gave him more room and assurances to venture. Highlighted his strengths(box-to-box qualities) while compensating a bit for his weaknesses in the defensive half.
Still, Saele has to start. He's simply superior to Florenzi overall.

AC AZZA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka
Glad to see we are back on the big stage!
I am hoping Giourd starts, I think his hold up play and passes to other's in space will be critical in this match, helps his a big boy that can is experienced with Van ****.

Big tests in line for players such as Leao,Kessie , Diaz, Sala, their first true world class opposition. This game will leave them nowhere to hide and will dictate the level we are at.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Motherfecking s.o.b just feck off!!! Been running around like a dog since 4:30 trying to get tickets, paid a small furtune for a box and then find out Ibra isnt even in the travelling party!

Who am I suppose to watch, fecking lmeao & Cala... feck off club!

I really feel sorry for you you fucking asshole :mad:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Lets go booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooys

amI6raH.gif

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
One of the most important parts of the match is the first 10 minutes. I expect that Liverpool want to come out with all guns blazing in front of a loud, cheering crowd. We need to be sharp and avoid too many pressure in own half.

I hope Pioli is brave enough to let us bring the game to them.