The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Juve are reported favorites for Martial after rejecting the contract renewal at UTD.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nothing against Gattuso but his formation change vs Sassuolo cost us when he decided to go 3 at the back and took out Abate. A formation we have sucked in all season. Hopefully he learned from that. My issue with the whole Gattuso extension is that they should have at least waited until the end of the season to see where we finish and how the whole coaching landscape played out. 1 month wasn't going to make a whole difference in terms of signing an extension and Gattuso isn't a guy that is going to make a big deal about it. Unless their potential targets already had clubs lined or were staying where they are, then I would understand with the just going ahead with the extension now.

That decision did not cost us. They were sitting back and we needed more pressure on them. We had like 74% possession. In that case for us to turn things around and get 2 goals and the win we needed an extra offensive player.

It made perfect sense and got us 1 goal back. Also it would have gotten us 2 goals if Kalinic did not once again ruin an opportunity by himself with the goalkeeper.

THe match against Chievo for example, we switched to a 352 to come back from behind and score 2 goals, than we switched to a 4141 to secure the lead.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
why did we hire abbiati to be the squad manager?????
why didn't we hire gianluca pessotto instead for this role

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
What the fuck are you talking about?
Are you seriously suggesting that it's important to keep a link to the "identity" of the club over actually achieving results? :fp:

By that logic if we had to re-sign Pippo over Conte we should choose Pippo. Our "identity" is more linked with success on the international stage more than with any one person.

Gattuso should indeed PROVE what he can do within a reasonable time frame. And if he can't....legend or not he has to go. Supposed we completely implode in our remaining games....would he have proven himself worthy of being our manager for the next three years?

This doesn't mean that I'm not rooting for the guy. But there are definitely questions about the timing of this decision. I would at the very least have liked to see us show that we have fully recovered from the Arsenal game.

but gattuso doesnt have enough time to prove himself, he did everything decent so far so he should have more chances
he could be our zidane, could be our pippo, who knows, its just not fair for him to compare with conte atm

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
belotti is 25, and he is bought to be our main goal scorer, same with dzeko, so nothing wrong here

He's 24. Can't be considered a 20+ season goal scorer at this point. Two grinta 6 yard box strikers and 1 18 yard box. None can score from long range. Hakan and Jack are the only two guys in this team with 'potential' for long range shooting. Says it all...

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Nothing against Gattuso but his formation change vs Sassuolo cost us when he decided to go 3 at the back and took out Abate. A formation we have sucked in all season. Hopefully he learned from that. My issue with the whole Gattuso extension is that they should have at least waited until the end of the season to see where we finish and how the whole coaching landscape played out. 1 month wasn't going to make a whole difference in terms of signing an extension and Gattuso isn't a guy that is going to make a big deal about it. Unless their potential targets already had clubs lined or were staying where they are, then I would understand with the just going ahead with the extension now.

he said he had to gamble at that point, i think he doesnt want to play 4-4-2 with abate, he had a point, unfortunately he failed, but not for this reason he is sacked, he need more time and chances

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That decision did not cost us. They were sitting back and we needed more pressure on them. We had like 74% possession. In that case for us to turn things around and get 2 goals and the win we needed an extra offensive player.

It made perfect sense and got us 1 goal back. Also it would have gotten us 2 goals if Kalinic did not once again ruin an opportunity by himself with the goalkeeper.

THe match against Chievo for example, we switched to a 352 to come back from behind and score 2 goals, than we switched to a 4141 to secure the lead.

We got a goal back after we went down a goal. It was obvious when he went to 3 at the back everything started falling apart. With the back 4 we were in control. Never use a back 3 anymore. It's terrible. I know he doesn't have any options when it comes to making significant changes for the rest of the season, but since UCL is pretty much a distant dream he should start using 4-4-2 more often or a 4-2-3-1 with Hakan more central.

Last edited:

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
He's 24. Can't be considered a 20+ season goal scorer at this point. Two grinta 6 yard box strikers and 1 18 yard box. None can score from long range. Hakan and Jack are the only two guys in this team with 'potential' for long range shooting. Says it all...

1993 so he is 25, btw its because we dont have CL then we have gamble for him, but the point here is he is bought to be our main goal scorer, not for a long term, wtf your problem? :fp::fp:

who can guaranteed 20+ goals at this point we can buy? considering a club with limited money and no CL?????? enlighten us please

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he said he had to gamble at that point, i think he doesnt want to play 4-4-2 with abate, he had a point, unfortunately he failed, but not for this reason he is sacked, he need more time and chances

I'm not saying he should get sacked for that haha, but it ruined that particular game for us. He should have just subbed in Borini for Abate at RB at that point if he wanted someone more attack minded there to push for a goal with Calabria out.

Last edited:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
1993 so he is 25, btw its because we dont have CL then we have gamble for him, but the point here is he is bought to be our main goal scorer, not for a long term, wtf your problem? :fp::fp:

who can guaranteed 20+ goals at this point we can buy? considering a club with limited money and no CL?????? enlighten us please

He would still technically be under 25 on arrival. We really can't afford to gamble but that's what will have to happen.

I've already pointed out that Belotti and Dzeko are the only viable options available to us for next season.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
I'm not saying he should get sacked for that haha, but it ruined the game for us.

dont tell me conte or sarri never ruin some games for their clubs, because of montella he only had very limited chances to try its really hard for him
stop dwelling on that game

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
but gattuso doesnt have enough time to prove himself, he did everything decent so far so he should have more chances
he could be our zidane, could be our pippo, who knows, its just not fair for him to compare with conte atm
We're not disagreeing. I was for giving him more time...i.e. till the end of the season. I'm hoping we either improve or stay where we are. But there's also a possibility that we could not recover from the Arsenal game.

uhh..is it not clear what i am talking about?
where did i suggest this
No it's not clear. You said the renewal is a good move. I think it's premature given the circumstances. Also if Gattuso does indeed prove to be substandard, I would want someone who's up to the task whether or not he was part of our history.

I haven't seen a whole lot of him....but didn't Capello say that he was the next Batigol....Bati had a FEARSOME outside shot

Martial wants out. We should go for him.

dream signing at this point.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i am being very clear...i am talking about:

""" the importance of maintaining a link to the identity of this club """

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He wouldn't be bad for cheap as a back up. A pretty cunty player that gets under the other team's skins.

Typically, it's the other way around. Currently, he has been carded more time than Paolo Montero did when he was in Serie A, and plays as a striker. Even with injuries, he averages almost 10 yellows and a red or 2 every season. Almost every player gets under his skin, and lots of his reds are for lashing out and throwing punches.

If you want a player who manages to get under the skin of others and almost never gets sent off himself, look no further than my favorite ever player, Diego Costa.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
We're not disagreeing. I was for giving him more time...i.e. till the end of the season. I'm hoping we either improve or stay where we are. But there's also a possibility that we could not recover from the Arsenal game.

Is this enough time for him? why cant he have some players he want? have a proper pre season etc... Why a dork like montella could have this chances but a guy who did much better job couldnt?
Its not like we are losing every games, he did a decent job so far, and he should have at least a new season to prove himself.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I haven't seen a whole lot of him....but didn't Capello say that he was the next Batigol....Bati had a FEARSOME outside shot

Belotti is more of a penalty box striker. I don't think I've ever seen him score outside of the box. He mostly relies on his strength and harasses defenders non-stop. Doesn't have the best technique though.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
fuck, so this league will be under jubes reign in many more years :fp: :fp:

All the more reason to fight tooth and nail to snatch fourth spot this campaign. If we fail to do so at least we tried. The longer we are not in CL football the stronger Juve's hold on Serie A will get. CL = more money, more investment and better players. It will be a few years before we will challenge but playing in the CL every year is the key to us building a team that can challenge in Serie A and one day in Europe.

A CL spot is difficult almost impossible but still mathematically plausible depending on results of course. But we have to do everything we can to win our games and hope for others to slip up. In order to to that we need to be more precise and accurate in our play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.