Week 06: Sampdoria vs Milan - Sunday 24/09/2017 12:30 CET

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Not aligning Silva is a professional fault! And only this make him deserved to be sacked.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
what i liked about montella from his first season was his ability to integrate youngsters into the first team but he has shown so far with his player choices that is a mid table level coach. Even with his substitutions, he has shown reactiveness instead of proactivity.

On the market, I think we shot ourselves on the foot when we signed Bonucci. Trust me this is no knee jerk, I never saw him as worldclass and i think his signing really messed up our plans both on the market and on the field. Before Bonucci, no one ever thought about playing 3 atb but since we signed Bonucci we now have to adapt to a new formation which doesn't suit our best players from last season

I think what we should have done was build on last season instead of trying to change things just to suit an overhyped player. I think we'd have been fine with Mus - Roma pairing had we not gotten Bonucci. Our major failing on the market was failing to get a good LW for our 4-3-3 formation

I know it's still quite early in the eyes of many but loosing this game has killed our chances of finishing top three cause I see us still dropping 6 points in the next two games

I can't really point out a remedy for the next few games cause the squad is a whole lot disjointed as it is but I'd prefer if we could switch back to a 4-3-3 and field a LW that isn't Borini until we can intervene on the market again

The one that bringing up or have the ball to play youngster was Mihajlovic.

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Only one man can save us

1200px-20150616_-_Portugal_-_Italie_-_Genève_-_Antonio_Conte.jpg

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
what i liked about montella from his first season was his ability to integrate youngsters into the first team but he has shown so far with his player choices that is a mid table level coach. Even with his substitutions, he has shown reactiveness instead of proactivity.

On the market, I think we shot ourselves on the foot when we signed Bonucci. Trust me this is no knee jerk, I never saw him as worldclass and i think his signing really messed up our plans both on the market and on the field. Before Bonucci, no one ever thought about playing 3 atb but since we signed Bonucci we now have to adapt to a new formation which doesn't suit our best players from last season

I think what we should have done was build on last season instead of trying to change things just to suit an overhyped player. I think we'd have been fine with Mus - Roma pairing had we not gotten Bonucci. Our major failing on the market was failing to get a good LW for our 4-3-3 formation

I know it's still quite early in the eyes of many but loosing this game has killed our chances of finishing top three cause I see us still dropping 6 points in the next two games

I can't really point out a remedy for the next few games cause the squad is a whole lot disjointed as it is but I'd prefer if we could switch back to a 4-3-3 and field a LW that isn't Borini until we can intervene on the market again

Nah, if you're buying that many strikers, Conti and neglect mezz'ali and winger positions then it's a variation of 3-5-2 or nothing.

3-5-2 didn't ruin Suso and Bona, it exposed them for the seriously flawed players they are. Suso needs to improve his stamina/off-ball game, or be upgraded with a better player even if we revert to 4-3-3. Bona was never great at any position.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
Breaking News: Reports are coming in that Bonucci was very angry and frustrated after the game, so much so that he choke-slammed Montella on the massage table in the changing room.

Last edited:

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
I couldn't catch the match, but the result is fucking frustrating.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Breaking News: Reports are coming in that Bonucci was very angry and frustrated after the game, so much so that he choke-slammed Montella on the message table in the changing room.

:lol:

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
I want montella out before he truly ruin our season.
Half a decade without CL football will be the end of europe dna.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So no one is mentioning that Samp played an incredible game and left absolutely no space at all?

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
So no one is mentioning that Samp played an incredible game and left absolutely no space at all?

Even though samp played like their life depends on it, we should beat these kind of team however it takes.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present

They did, they have a good technical midfield with the midfield 3 in their 2nd season together and they have 2 experienced Serie A players upfront.

Also they've only played 6 games with a settled midfield line up and we are on game 11 without knowing out strongest/best line up let alone know what our best midfield is.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They did, they have a good technical midfield with the midfield 3 in their 2nd season together and they have 2 experienced Serie A players upfront.

Also they've only played 6 games with a settled midfield line up and we are on game 11 without knowing out strongest/best line up let alone know what our best midfield is.

Could it be that they're fresher because they only played 6 games and we're not used to playing every three days?

Not saying this as an excuse, but there needs to be more patience and time given for us to train and find our best form.

Quan

Primavera
Reaction score
Patience you say!! If we played a good game and lost even by 3 goals margin I would be with you.

We were nothing in the game.. we played like crotone for fuck sake! If we played more games it would be a positive thing and a negative.

Be we have a mastermind who thinks we should rotate until no player knows how the other play!

Fuck Montella

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Crap performance. I feel like I wasted my time watching most of this game. Beating up on small teams is nice but if you can't even be competitive against a half decent team then UCL will be a dream. This team has to improve before the points gap with the top teams becomes bigger.

Meez

Fly on Maldini's wall
Reaction score
We were outplayed, in both halves. Odd starting & sub & sub timing choices by Montella, again. Refusing to change tactics/ideas despite being outplayed, rigid.

Did the players ignore the coach or did the coach really do nothing until it was way too late?

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
“Zapata over Musacchio? I chose Cristian because he was physically more suited to defending against Duvan Zapata [his cousin, to whom he gave an ‘assist’ in the first Sampdoria goal].”

This is some dumb shit right here for real.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
“Zapata over Musacchio? I chose Cristian because he was physically more suited to defending against Duvan Zapata [his cousin, to whom he gave an ‘assist’ in the first Sampdoria goal].”

This is some dumb shit right here for real.

Italians have a fear of unbalanced CB's against taller forwards. Musacchio is pretty short. I don't think it's that big a deal to have played Musacchio especially since he was already rested.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Could it be that they're fresher because they only played 6 games and we're not used to playing every three days?

Not saying this as an excuse, but there needs to be more patience and time given for us to train and find our best form.

As the game played out, Samp were by far the fresher team, with the energy which they played with showed that. But we shouldn't be that tired, considering we've rotated the squad so far and outside of Dolla and Kessie, no one else has played double digit games. Also they played mid week like we did, so it shouldn't be used and seen as much of an excuse.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Italians have a fear of unbalanced CB's against taller forwards. Musacchio is pretty short. I don't think it's that big a deal to have played Musacchio especially since he was already rested.

I don't care if Zapata is 6 foot 5 and the world's strongest man:lol:. He keeps making mistake aftet costly mistake, but the manager seems to forget when he puts in a few half decent performances. That's something Montella can not do. Play Zapata against Europa league fodder teams.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Montella is all out of ideas.
I appreciated some things he implemented last season. Team spirit and a determination which meant we had a never say die attitude (which got us some points) but that is lost now.

He cannot see very clear problems, or he can (EVERYONE CAN) but is out of ideas on how to correct it. Anything would've been better than nothing.

Our wing backs are too attacking. They're wingers. They don't track back and that is why we might as well play Suso instead of Abate and have another technician in there. Like Hakan or another goal threat in Silva. We have to bombard them. No one knew what to do to today.

What managers are available? Sadly, I can't think of many.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thought bonucci had a good game today? Only player who could fucking pass for us and did well when we were under pressure for 70 minutes

squaresolid

8-bit noise~
Reaction score
Fav. Players
▌║║█║║▌│║█║█│
why would you decide to remember that? The only natural way to have that in your mind is through flashbacks and nightmares of PTSD.

as to response that it's quite common in our history to try playing Borini in the RWB?
some of our fullbacks in the past was a winger before.
other examples to abate are zambrotta and serginho.
zambrotta was converted to fullbacks when he was in jube
and i remembered pretty well when Cesare Maldini converted Serginho to fullback

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
as to response that it's quite common in our history to try playing Borini in the RWB?
some of our fullbacks in the past was a winger before.
other examples to abate are zambrotta and serginho.
zambrotta was converted to fullbacks when he was in jube
and i remembered pretty well when Cesare Maldini converted Serginho to fullback

Borini plays like a wing back as it is now and has been doing so for the past couple of seasons. No need to convert him

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Didn't watch this until now. What an absolute shit show of a performance.

I hope Fassone's patience is short. If Montella continues to appear completely clueless in more matches like this, he should be out on his ass.

And why should we acknowledge that Sampdoria played well? Are we on Sampdoria's level?

What is this bullshit from Montella about Silvas confidence and mentality? He has scored five goals and is always dangerous.

Two wins against Inter and Roma will salvage this feeling, but I have a feeling we will be looking back at three straight losses.

And why THE FUCK is Zapata starting over Musacchio?

milancuore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Didn't watch this until now. What an absolute shit show of a performance.

I hope Fassone's patience is short. If Montella continues to appear completely clueless in more matches like this, he should be out on his ass.

And why should we acknowledge that Sampdoria played well? Are we on Sampdoria's level?

What is this bullshit from Montella about Silvas confidence and mentality? He has scored five goals and is always dangerous.

Two wins against Inter and Roma will salvage this feeling, but I have a feeling we will be looking back at three straight losses.

And why THE FUCK is Zapata starting over Musacchio?

Exactly my sentiments...Montella is on borrowed time..what's his excuse for not play in Silva..the kid has shown he can be dangerous and is more talented than Islamic and cute one..how the he'll is Silva supposed to get momentum when he randomly plays him??!!..and Zapata over pistachio is as short sighted as you can get..I keep telling people Zapata is an accident waiting to happen and yet again he proves me right again...Zapata should have been sold...pistachio needed to play there

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The pressure is on Montella right now. I like the comments managment made after this game. I am not #MontellaOut but he needs to do well against Roma and Inter. We can not get embarrased by those two teams. Milan for some reason does not know how to react well to a team that plays above a Serie B level. Hakan has to be playing, Kessie needs to be rested time to time, and Zapata should not play. Also where are Silva and Cutrone? Cutrone was dropped when he was in form and Silva should get a good run of games right now.

It's still early in the season though so I am keeping faith, but Montella has made some questionable decisions.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Haven't seen such a bad game in a long time. We were dreadful both in the middle and in the back. So disappointed with Biglia, Kessie and Jack :fp:

I feel bad for Zapata for being the scapegoat for 2 goals we conceded. Bonucci should be responsible for the 1st one as he missed the cross and left D.Zapata unmarked after that. The 2nd goal was on Borini and Bonucci entirely.

Schedule