#1 thing the Forums need

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
I had the best idea as to what the forum needs most. SPELLCHECK. It would be great for everyone. I don't want to offend anyone who doesn't speak English well. Almost everyone here has very good English and only rarely am I dumdfounded by what someone is trying to say. English is my 1st language and I would loe to have it. Even some sort of early rudamentary version would be great. David what are the odds of anything like that happenning?

Anyone else have any ideas as to things thaat would improve your time here? No promisses but it is always good for us to know. :D

ps. You see above I spelt that with 2 a's. I am so lazy that I won't ccorrect it, but I will type this entire sentance to prove uy point. Crap another mistake. :mad: :D

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that would be impossible to implement into a forum, as far as my mind can think. :cool: Why? Well, imagine the amount of words in English plus the differenty types of typing them [because - bcoz - cause - becoz - etc.] and the different structures of the sentences and then the forum would search for every typed word to see if it's in the language database and so on - it's huge and it will drain a lot of resources - IMO it's impossible, for us at least. And players name like Shevchenko, Inzaghi, etc. would be considered errors as well.

Short answer: no. ;)

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
I didn't really think it could happen, just thought of it and figured it might be an option, guess it isn't ;) :D. Crap now I have to continue to check my own work. :tongue: :devil2:

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
i disagree for this one, first this is not a formal thing where we have to speak properly in english and not using any informal words (prank). second, i assume that we all have microsoft office, so why bother? just do the spell check in there and copy paste it in the post form. third, any programming language added (java, php, coldfusion, cgi, vb, etc, for the spell check program) in the site will just make the site to be loaded slower than before. the last thing, it is kinda fun to see ppl's mistake and realize that im not the only one that is dumb in english, hehehe...

Schedule