Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Last edited:

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
It looks like his leg was snapped in two and the sock was the only thing that kept it in. :eek:

Horrifying.

Edit: Can you change the gif. to a link please? Some people may not see the warning sign at the end of the thread.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
shit happens in football :(

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ouch, always difficult to watch stuff like that.

It might be better if you just link that gif. Utd fan, rather than have it in normal view.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody else has asked what the fuck Witsel thought he was playing at. I'm sure he had no intention of hurting Wasilewski, but you only go into a tackle that way if you're trying to protect yourself, always at the potential expense of the opponent. Nae good. Obviously there's a chance I'm being unfair on Witsel, but from that footage it looks an extremely poor challenge.

Fucking horrific like :(

Last edited:

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Damnnnnnn:eek::eek: What the fuck was the other guy thinking?

I guess he can kiss his football career goodbye but let's hope he will be able to walk...

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself
fuck that red bastard

ouch, this was worse's than eduardo's injury

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
shit,shit and more shit

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
god that was terrible, what was witsel thinking, to be honest, who ever puts there foot that far over the ball, i hope wasilewski makes a full recovery,

his leg was like broken in half-ish at the end.:head::eek:

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Axel Witsel was also shocked after the game. The Standard-midfielder realised what he had done. "I know I'll be suspended for a long time, but of course I didn't do this on purpose."

"I don't play football to brake someone's leg. I play it for the game itself. You have to believe me. It wasn't on purpose. "I did this to protect myself. That happens in a game."

The Golden Boot winner has also tried to apologise several times to Wasilewski. "Not directly because I couldn't find him inside. He was already brought to the hospital."

"I feel really bad. I'm not a bad person. This was an accident. I don't step on the field to injure someone. That's not my style. We'll see what the consequences will be, but I realise I won't play for a long time."

BRUSSELS, Aug 31 (Reuters) - Anderlecht defender Marcin Wasilewski faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines after suffering a horrific double break of his right leg on Sunday.

Pole Wasilewski, 29, was injured in a clash with Standard Liege midfielder Axel Witsel, who received a straight red card in the 25th minute.

"The break is particularly severe and he faces a long recovery," Anderlecht club doctor Louis Kinnen was reported as saying.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
I'm surprised nobody else has asked what the fuck Witsel thought he was playing at. I'm sure he had no intention of hurting Wasilewski, but you only go into a tackle that way if you're trying to protect yourself, always at the potential expense of the opponent. Nae good. Obviously there's a chance I'm being unfair on Witsel, but from that footage it looks an extremely poor challenge.

Fucking horrific like :(

You can be like 90% sure that Witsel just wanted to kick Wasyl of the field, not to break his leg but I'm pretty sure he he zero intention of kicking the ball.
Standard and Anderlecht are always rough games and Wasyl had some knocking in their last games and this was just payback time that ended more dramatic than Witsel wanted but still he wanted to injure Wasyl, damn sure about that.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
omfg,

I mean, it's like he is a muppet how his leg is moving, and that's NOT funny :(

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jesus. Witsel's going to have a few sleepless nights for awhile.

Schedule