Riccardo Montolivo Thread

How do you like Montolivo?

• Total voters

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Leaves way too much space behind him and positions himself terrible on defensive end. One good pass per match is not enough. Atm better than "Forza Lazio", but still far from good enough for Grande Milan.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Those two tackles were beautiful.
Been one of our most consistent performers in recent weeks.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Leaves way too much space behind him and positions himself terrible on defensive end. One good pass per match is not enough. Atm better than "Forza Lazio", but still far from good enough for Grande Milan.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion, because positioning and defensive awareness are by far his major strengths. There is a reason he wins the ball back so much and ends up makes crucial tackles/blocks, and that is due to positioning and awareness.

If you are referring to Bologna's goal yesterday, then in that case he was ball watching, but to be fair to him and the team, no one expected Musacchio to get destroyed like that, beaten down the inside when he should have showed him to the outside

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know how you came to that conclusion, because positioning and defensive awareness are by far his major strengths. There is a reason he wins the ball back so much and ends up makes crucial tackles/blocks, and that is due to positioning and awareness.

If you are referring to Bologna's goal yesterday, then in that case he was ball watching, but to be fair to him and the team, no one expected Musacchio to get destroyed like that, beaten down the inside when he should have showed him to the outside

Im not referring just to this goal, Im referring to every game he plays. He has good minutes and terrible minutes every game. He makes a great tackle one minute, the next minute he's completly out of position and doesn't cover his space on the field. Then our defense get a running train to stop. He's a Zapata of midfield.

livoG

Primavera
Reaction score
Im not referring just to this goal, Im referring to every game he plays. He has good minutes and terrible minutes every game. He makes a great tackle one minute, the next minute he's completly out of position and doesn't cover his space on the field. Then our defense get a running train to stop. He's a Zapata of midfield.

These are just lies. Zapata of midfield? Gtfo. You don't know what you are on about.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

I really don't get how you came to that conclusion, but I guess we can agree to disagree. If you had said what you said about Biglia then I would agree with you, because Biglia has a ball chasing style of trying to win the ball back instead of positioning to block passing channels, and Biglia tends to leave huge spaces in front of the defence, which I don't see Montolivo leaving

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I really don't get how you came to that conclusion, but I guess we can agree to disagree. If you had said what you said about Biglia then I would agree with you, because Biglia has a ball chasing style of trying to win the ball back instead of positioning to block passing channels, and Biglia tends to leave huge spaces in front of the defence, which I don't see Montolivo leaving

I agree on Biglia, but Monto have different issue. He tends to go on attacking side and often way to deep. He forgets he'll have to be behind the ball in a minute. Then he leaves way to much space which he can't cover due to his lack of speed. He just doesn't think.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
^The forum minus mato has been happy with him for a few games now. He has probably started reading your posts specifically now and is making the necessary modifications needed to his game.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
RnB mythbusters: Montolivo is finished.

e548d89bf047af052f819dce486ada17.jpg

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sadly but noone mentioned his pass to Borini for the last goal... that was beautiful

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Monto is really underrated as a squad/rotation player, I'm glad we have him

I don't think he's underrated as a rotation player, but some people overrate him as a starting one.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He did well in kessies absence

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great game, better than everything Locatelli ever showed at CM (which is not his position).

I hope he gets his fair chance against Biglia (and Kessie) in the future, not that Biglia isn´t a good player but he is not out of Monto´s reach and I would love to see them fight for the spot in the starting XI.

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva, maldini, kaka, fabregas, crespo, tevez, messi, gattuso, nesta, kaladze, robben, van persie
Monto is undervalued.... id rather him in biglias role to be honest. biglia has been very average. Hope monto starts in Europa.

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
Anyone has a video or gif image of sliding tackle that he made against Roma?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk