Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
last game proved my point about hakan position, he caused 2 assists just playing in the middle rather than the wing, it doesn't need an expert to realize that, however someone like Ronin should play more Fifa to figure it out.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
oh boy, I hurt you real bad :lol:

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo

I think the guy "helping" her was also copping a feel ala that Ariana Grande preacher dude. She has that underage frame as well so there are similarities all around...

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
What lava?

oDeiJa7STwiKsic9cG2kCw.png

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
last game proved my point about hakan position, he caused 2 assists just playing in the middle rather than the wing, it doesn't need an expert to realize that

Agreed. TBH you just need to look at his characteristics to realize where he should play.. He is creative, has a good long shot and free kick, and can create opportunities with his passing since he sees the incisive runs of the forwards.... he is not fast, and he doesn't have what it takes to consistently beat his man and and then either shoot or cross...

very easy to see that this guy is an attacking mid 100% and NOT a winger. If we want to run wingers we should run s 4-2-3-1 as the 4-3-3 does not get the most out of our players who can create chances. (i guess in the 4-3-3 he could be solid as a more attack minded CM (basically making it a pseudo 4-2-3-1)

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
only ITA music

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
So we’ve lost one game this season in the first game of the season against arguably the best team in the league, we also had a 2-0 lead in that game..

I think Gattuso is doing a really good job, happy to see us playing beautiful football. Sure we’ve dropped points from winning positions on a few occasions this season but we seem to be going in the right direction for the first time since Allegri was here.

10 goals in a week, when was the last time that happened?

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
So we’ve lost one game this season in the first game of the season against arguably the best team in the league, we also had a 2-0 lead in that game..

Napoli’s is the 2nd best team in the league unfortunately. As much as I hate to admit it there’s no team close to being as good as Jube.

That being said I also really like what Gattuso did to this team. We look more like top 4 contenders now than we’ve done in the past 5 years. The only concern is that we seem incapable of getting clean sheets - I’m so tired of reading about out potentially world class defense when the truth is that up until now it’s been bang average.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
It's incredible how much respect even guys who left us seem to have for Gattuso. Just today, Bonucci and Kalinic commenting with such affection.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I don't think I've ever seen as much affection and respect to a coach from players. I'm fully supporting him and if needed I'd rather see someone arrive to complement him rather than replace him.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't think I've ever seen as much affection and respect to a coach from players. I'm fully supporting him and if needed I'd rather see someone arrive to complement him rather than replace him.

Carlo?

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
I guess Gattuso based his style on a combination of Carletto and De Niro.

Milan boss Gennaro Gattuso reveals he would have ‘loved’ to play with Luka Modric and faced Paul Pogba and Blaise Matuidi as opponents.

Gattuso was quizzed by UEFA’s YouTube channel on today’s players he would have liked as teammates and rivals, as well as the Hollywood actor to play him in a film and soundtrack to his life.

“Everyone says Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi, but I’d have loved to play with Luka Modric,” said the former Italy midfielder.

“I think he’s an incredible player, really strong mentally and a pure footballer. Back in the day there were some animals about, Edgar Davids, Dennis Wise, Paul Ince at the start of my career, players full of character.

“From the current era, I’d like to come up against Paul Pogba. Another player I like is Matuidi. It seems like he never stops running, he’s all over you. He wins back possession and makes tackles incredibly well.

"Who would play me in a Hollywood movie? Robert De Niro, I think. Looking at how I talk and gesticulate, as well as my physical movements and facial expressions.

“Soundtrack to my life? I think Ligabue’s song, ‘Una vita da mediano’ [Life as a midfielder]. When I hear that song, it sums up all the work I did for so many years.”

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/video/stars-of-uel/videoid=2575992.html?iv=true&iv=true

Last edited:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Rino is a fan of creative mids :proud:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
srs calcio classic

:thumbsup: never heard of it before today but it is a really good song even without factoring in the excellent football references. My type of tune.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Mirabelli saying what some of have seen in Gattuso. That he's not a grinta coach... Noobs can't see tactics if it hits them over the head.

Schedule