Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Saber Rider

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Just watched the whole competiton.

Blake won more on hype then anything else. The dunk over the car really wasn´t that impressive. Although his first one was great.

Ibaka was underrated he should get a much higher score for his first dunk.

But the best dunk of the competition for me was DeRozans second. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Anyway... by far the best dunk competition we have seen for some time now.

+1

I would like to see sd competition with Griffin/LeBron/DeRozan/Iguadala. It could be best ever, even better than CartervsFrancis or MJvsWilkins .

As for AS game, Bryant was so eager to win MVP that was annoying.
But, Gasol saved his ass again.:tongue:
Real MVP was LeBron. Guy achieved 2nd 3ple2ble ever in ASG history.
Amazing. He did it almost without sweating his jersey. He could easily be best ever if his commitment to training was/is like Bryant`s or MJ`s.
By far the biggest bball talent ever.:)

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Lebron was such a leader, he want win that ASG so much lol.. screaming n motivating that bunch of stars lol if just Howard give a damn like him.

And you know you'll always want Durant to close the games.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Lebron was such a leader, he want win that ASG so much lol.. screaming n motivating that bunch of stars lol if just Howard give a damn like him.

And you know you'll always want Durant to close the games.

LOL whats hilarious is how much the celtic players HATE him. You see Garnett roll his eyes or Rondo just give him the death glare.

I didn't like celtics but i am 100% in support in there raping of miami in playoffs. And we know Miami has no chance if garnett/perk r healthy...

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
LOL whats hilarious is how much the celtic players HATE him. You see Garnett roll his eyes or Rondo just give him the death glare.

I didn't like celtics but i am 100% in support in there raping of miami in playoffs. And we know Miami has no chance if garnett/perk r healthy...

Rondo n Garnett hate him to the death is common knowledge, even Howard not like him that much.

Why you support Celtics raping miami?
Me too hoping Celtics meats Bulls in East final btw.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Rondo n Garnett hate him to the death is common knowledge, even Howard not like him that much.

Why you support Celtics raping miami?
Me too hoping Celtics meats Bulls in East final btw.

i don't like the way lebron/bosh organized the whole 'super team' concept. The idea is terrible for the league. Now Paul, Deron are trying to do same.... maybe howard will to? How are teams suppose to compete? That's kind of why I love Durant... he's so committed to okc, signed 5 year contract, no interest in leaving...

at same time.... i don't blame lebron for leaving cleveland cause there management was INEPT. He did same shit kobe did in 2006 (I need help or i might leave).

Also one thing I di respect about Boston is team mentality. And I don't like Lakers either, so I guess Boston is lesser of evils for me. People don';t give Garnett enough credit for bringing them together. In my opinion best leader in NBA.

Before he came to Boston, Rondo and Perkins had a LONG history of being troublemakers, bad attitude etc. Not only did they become wonderful players but... the work ethic, commitment, that was alll garnett. Holding extra practices, working with Perkins personally teaching him to shoot and defend effectively etc. etc. etc.

Garnett's a mean SOB, but really one of top 3 PFs of all time. Behind Duncan, but not far... Those minnesota teams he took to playoffs are as shitty as ones KLove has now. But Garnett was able to lead them to playoffs, even if it was 1 round and out.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i don't like the way lebron/bosh organized the whole 'super team' concept. The idea is terrible for the league. Now Paul, Deron are trying to do same.... maybe howard will to? How are teams suppose to compete? That's kind of why I love Durant... he's so committed to okc, signed 5 year contract, no interest in leaving...

at same time.... i don't blame lebron for leaving cleveland cause there management was INEPT. He did same shit kobe did in 2006 (I need help or i might leave).
Durant. :proud:
Its amazing how humble n shy he is as young superstars, pretty different with shit that Kobe, Melo, Lebron, n others always doing.. act like arrogant prick, bossing comment etc etc.

Its nice to see superstars like him and Rose for a change, silent and shy and just focus to their games.

For this alone, I hope Durant can get his cinderella story with OKC, and what the reason to believe they can't do it?
They have nice young roster that keep improving. And with some nice management touch (again) they're set.

Yeah I don't like what Lebron/Bosh doing n in some extent what Melo doing.
But its one thing to move like that and move for the better.
For example, can you blame Deron if want to move after their roster keep degrading?
But with Howard n Melo its just bitch move.. as far I concern their roster good enough to compete n management show their willing to improve.
Also one thing I di respect about Boston is team mentality. And I don't like Lakers either, so I guess Boston is lesser of evils for me. People don';t give Garnett enough credit for bringing them together. In my opinion best leader in NBA.

Before he came to Boston, Rondo and Perkins had a LONG history of being troublemakers, bad attitude etc. Not only did they become wonderful players but... the work ethic, commitment, that was all garnett. Holding extra practices, working with Perkins personally teaching him to shoot and defend effectively etc. etc. etc.

Garnett's a mean SOB, but really one of top 3 PFs of all time. Behind Duncan, but not far... Those minnesota teams he took to playoffs are as shitty as ones KLove has now. But Garnett was able to lead them to playoffs, even if it was 1 round and out.

I don't know about this lol, thanks.

But I wonder what happens to celtics when such like garnett n pierce retire (probably soon)

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And wow I'm late.
so knicks throw Mozgov?
Bwahahahaha... they're crying for good C, but throw one of better prospect for its LOL

But this can means Nene will leave the Nuggets.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
IMO the whole "super team" concept started with Boston.
Prefer Miami over Boston any day of the week... I share the same enthusiasm for Pierce as the city of LA.

I love Lebron don´t matter if he is in Cleveland or in Miami.

As for Melo... a great choice. But I don´t see Denver getting a playoff spot anytime soon.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Really?
I think Denver got great deal. Depend they want this resource or still want going into the trade though.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
IMO the whole "super team" concept started with Boston.
Prefer Miami over Boston any day of the week... I share the same enthusiasm for Pierce as the city of LA.

I love Lebron don´t matter if he is in Cleveland or in Miami.

As for Melo... a great choice. But I don´t see Denver getting a playoff spot anytime soon.

BIG difference. Garnett/Ray Allen didn't execute it. There teams made trades. Minnesota was looking to rebuild, Boston traded them like 6 young peices (3 players and 3 draft picks). It was a competitive fair offer.

Allen cost them #5 pick overall. Neither player masterminded it

Really?
I think Denver got great deal. Depend they want this resource or still want going into the trade though.

Denver got a good deal. 2 good young wings (Gallinari- 22, Chandler- 23) and a lot of money and draft picks. If you're going to trade a player like Melo and dismantle your team you want youth, picks and money to rebuild. Whether you effectively use it, that's on you. OKC did.... Minnesota did not.

I still think Nets had best offer, but Melo refused. 4 draft picks, money and Derrick Favors (the current #3 overall pick). Favors is something like Al Horford/possibly Amare potential. He's youngest player in NBA (turned 19 in season). 6-10 pf, crazy athleticism, plays very hard. A great potential piece.

Now the question is.... does Denver trade Nene? In my Opinion, Nene is one of most underutilized players in NBA. Did you know he's led nba in FG% and TS% last 3 years? He's astonishingly efficient and effective low post scorer. Finished like 63% of his shots, and omnes he doesn't he gets fouled and makes his free throws. Passes well out of the post too...

MY Warriors have been linked (even though we need defensive center more, i'd jump[ at chance at Nene), but the market for Nene is large.

I think on a team who decides to run offense thru him, he could easily get around 20 ppg effectively

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And now Clippers offering minnesota 1st pick for Gallinari.

- Davis
- Gordon
- Gallo/Aminu
- BGriff
- DeJordan

Total ballin' teams there people.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
And now Clippers offering minnesota 1st pick for Gallinari.

- Davis
- Gordon
- Gallo/Aminu
- BGriff
- DeJordan

Total ballin' teams there people.

seriously.... wow if it happened. People don't realize how good a passer Baron is too.... 3 excellent scorers, a passer and quality center.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dynasty teams bitches.
Clippers dig some gold out of nowhere.

shevakaka

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
T.Silva Pirlo Abate Pato Robinho Nesta Kaka Shevchenko Maldini Abbiati Di Natale Sahin
the slam dunk contest was so epic. A lot of diverse material that not many have seen. Blake Griffin is a dunking beast but he shouldn't have won but he's friend past away and he's part of LA Clippers so it was tbh bias to him. The all star game, was great. Durant should of got the MVP but the same applied to Kobe. I love Ginobili

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What happened with Deron/jazz?
Going mad?

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Now, they can bring Sloan back.
Fucking Ruskie. I knew he could fuck somebody, but I didn`t know it gonna be Jazz.:cry:
I'm surprised as hell hearing this lol

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
It's a pretty decent deal for UTah to rebuild. Favors is an awesome prospect. 6ft10, only 19.... has athleticism comparable to dwight howard and amare. Has performed well when he's played but still really young/unpolished.

They are also getting Devin Harris (good player) and 2 draft picks. 1 is new jersey's pick this year which will be a top 5 or 6 pick. And consider now Utah is likely to fall out of playoffs, they'll have two top 14 picks this year and probably 2 next year. This is how OKC rebuilt (for ex.). traded Ray Allen, drafted durant and jeff green, westbrook the next year. If you draft well, you can have an excellent core the following year.

Fredette is not really a PG. I've watched him a few times. He is JJ Reddick. He can shoot, but is pretty undersized, and not a good PG/playmaker. I could be wrong,but I've seen more than a few BYU games....he's 6ft1, 4.4 assists, 3.3 turnovers. Then again it's hard to tell, cause it's mot like he has great players to pass to..

But he can shoot, and shoot quite well

Here's a mock draft website:
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2011/

From what i've seen... kyrie irving will be a star. He's Chris Paul/Deron Williams-esque. As an 18 year old he walks into duke, defending champions all seniors (21/22) and became undisputed leader, passes well, scores well etc. He's only player so far I've seen who is a legitimate franchise player. Beyond that he has that Chris Paul leadership personality....

Enes Kanter is intriguing too. He killed all the american big men at Amare Camp last year. Set record with 34 points and like 14 rebounds in the game. He had contraversy and got ruled out of college bball this year, but what I saw, he can be a very good NBA player long term.

Perry Jones, they say he's 6ft11 tracy mcgrady. So far I don't see it. I always hesitate when a player can't dominate college, how will they dominate pros. Durant for ex. in one year at college had 26 points, 12 rebound a game and led a team.

I like a few other players, terrence jones, kemba walker, derrick williams but none r expected to be 'stars' just good nba players with upside.

International players will be your forte, Saber rider, if you wanna give some opinions. I hear Jonas is very intriguing prospect, but very young. Seems like he could be very good in a couple years.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Interesting thing about Knicks. Chauncey got extended but his contract is up in 2012

same time chris paul and dwight howard are up. They'll only have money for one of them....

Knicks should look to acquire a defensive center this summer like Perkins. But if they do it might kill there flexibility to get Paul or Howard next year...

Saber Rider

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Kanter is hyped here and I didn`t know that US basketball auditorium rate him high.
We`ll see what he can do.
Don`t know for others but this one is my favourite:
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Nikola-Mirotic-5134/

+ this one could be huge, but in few years
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/dario-saric

He dominated in his category like Ricky Rubio, Pau Gasol, Toni Kukoc, Drazen Petrovic or Dirk Nowitzki did.
If you seen him Senatore in few years, remember that you heard it here first. :)

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Kanter is hyped here and I didn`t know that US basketball auditorium rate him high.
We`ll see what he can do.
Don`t know for others but this one is my favourite:
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Nikola-Mirotic-5134/

Kanter dominated the top u18 camps last summer (where all the high school seniors play).

He had scholarship to play at kentucky (one of top programs, under calipari.... same coach who took rose, tyreke evans, john wall and Demarcus cousins to top 5 picks last 3 years)

But then he got ruled ineligible. Something to do with fact he played in europe, thus cannot be considered an 'amateur athlete' which you must be to play in NCAA.

Sucks cause I did see his game in one of those camps and he looked awesome. And I imagine he'd be top 3 pick if he got to play college.

What intrigued me most was in camp they did 'official measurements' (which they do pre-draft here)... he measured 6ft11 at age 17 with a nice wingspan. That is good for center in NBA.

Here most college kids lie and round up there height. Prime example, michael beasley said he was 6ft10, was dominating pf in college (26 and 12 a game), and when he got measured he was only 6ft7, 6ft8 in shoes.....

Right now best player in college is Jared sullinger,m but i'm 100% positive he's undersized. He's a center in college, claims 6ft10, but no one believes he's more than 6ft9. He's not very athletic and just beats up smaller people. Will have hard time doing that in pros. He's like al jefferson

-------

I saw a scout on ESPN say Jonas was closest european he's seen in years to Pau Gasol. In terms of post moves and actually playing down low (unlike bargnani for ex.). He's still only 18 though, whic his bad. Gasol was what 21 when he came?

Last edited:

Saber Rider

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yeah. College lost it`s edge with Kobe/Garnett/Melo/James moving right from HS.
And most internationals don`t go to college.
Kanter could play in top europeans side before he goes to NBA.
I think it`s better for him. Beacause he would play with/against grown men, not with boys.
If Milicic did it, now his CV would be completely different.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yeah. College lost it`s edge with Kobe/Garnett/Melo/James moving right from HS.
And most internationals don`t go to college.
Kanter could play in top europeans side before he goes to NBA.
I think it`s better for him. Beacause he would play with/against grown men, not with boys.
If Milicic did it, now his CV would be completely different.

I'm not sure why Kanter wanted to go to college. Maybe he likes America etc.? The coach he did choose is best college coach for getting players drafted in top 10....

actually from upon research i guess he went to high school in usa for whatever reason. Maybe Family here?

This was tournament he gained fame in usa in

he broke dirk's record. I bet he ends up top 5 for sure.

Saber Rider

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Maybe he just wanted better draft position + guaranted big bucks. dunno
I saw Melo`s debut. Impressive, but NYK can`t do anything against big boys in PO.
Also I watched Mavs vs Jazz. Man, Jazz without Sloan, Boozer and Deron are so unwatchable. Even Kirilienko has some sort of charisma in this Jazz side. WTF
Jazz nowdays=Warriors in 90ies.
Dallas were clinical. Stojakovic missed only twice, Dirk had over 50%pct again.
They are maybe the strongest side in the West. Conf. but only if are healthy.
As for West, I can`t remember when last time was with so low number of top players in Western Conference.
It becomes almost as East of 2001-02. with only 5-6 top players at that moment (Iverson, Carter, McGrady, Allen, Kidd).

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Holy shit, OKC got the Big Perk.
Title is Lakers to lose now.

Saber Rider

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Trade deadline day brought some very good moves.
Celtics made big step backward.
Thunders now have big meat in the paint.
After all those trades, East >>> West.

James destroys Bulls. Miami fastbreaks them easily.
Man, LeBron is such an animal. If only he had dedication same as Kobe...:(

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
any of you guys got a gd stream for the game?

Schedule