Mafia - Forum game (rules + discussion)

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Mafia Rules Book
For dummies

*Mafia is a online forum role playing game *

• The game has 3 main factions:

1. Civilians
  2. Mobsters
  3. Psychopaths

Each faction has a number of particular roles (see bellow)

*How to play*

The narrator will set the time line in witch the game will be played .
The game has two main periods : Day&Night.During the day time each player will get into character and pretend his a normal civilian .The time frame in witch the day takes place will be set by the narrator(same for the night) .

During the night players with nocturnal abilities (see bellow) will send there targets to the narrator who will use them to determine the events for that night .

The purpose of the game is for one faction to survive and eliminate the rest ,its basically a death match .Killing others can be achieved trough different methods :

-During day time if more then half the players vote to Lynch a player ,the respective player will get killed off .
-Players that have certain nocturnal abilities(mobsters&psychos)can attempt to kill other players .The outcome is determined by a certain number of events ,for example if the player is protected by a Medic he will not die .(read more bellow about the specifics of each role).

Before we proceed to the roles part o the game ,there`s some additional rules that you need to remember :

-Mafia is a game of deception so do your best to conceal your identity throughout the game.
-Stay in character all the time do not talk about anything off topic.
-There will be no talking during the night.
-Day 1 of the game will be used only for introductions ,that means no voting players off .
-you can only vote once /day and you will do it in this format :

Lynch :<player name >

-Targets will be send only by email and in this format :

Nick:<your nick name on the forum>
Role :<your role in the game>
Target:<your target>

-You will not talk outside the game with other players about your role unless your role requires that.
-If u have nocturnal abilities and don`t send your target during the night ,u are going to miss your chance for that day .
-If you do not post/play for more then 2 days u will automatically get killed off .

***Roles***​

Civilian roles:

Civilian :Usually a tourist or a town folk ( this is determined by the time line set by the narrator)does not posses any special abilities ,his role will be to try and stay alive by Voting/Lynching other players off .

Mason : A group of Civilians (usually 3 )who know each other identities to try and protect there own from getting lynched off or try to influence voting by all voting the same player .

Politician/Governor : His status in the world gives him two major advantages .His vote will always count as two votes and he is immune to police and mafia investigations .

Street cop : Each night he can choose to investigate a person (he will do this by sending the target by email )to try and find out the identity of set person .Being a rookie cop his investigations some times will be false aka they will get the wrong info from the moderator .

Detective : The only difference between him and Street cops is that he will always get the right result back .

Medic : His role will be to protect himself or another person each night(he will do this by sending the target by email )

Reporter : He chooses his target each night (again sent by email) and the moderator will tell him in what activities was that person involved that night .

Mafia roles :

Godfather : head of the clan ,he consults with the other members from the clan and will send the target they wish dead .He is immune to police investigations .

Il consigliere : Right hand of to the Godfather ,he can choose a target each night to investigate but like a Street cop he wont always get the right result .If the Godfather dies he will take his place.

Gangsters : There role is to consult with the rest of the clan to determine there target .If Il consigliere dies ,the clan will appoint one of the Gangsters as the new one .

Family doctor : Has the abilities of a normal doctor but he can only use them on himself or clan members .

Psychos:

Psychos :They can be a number of one to three psychos in each game .They will try to kill a person each night(target by email) but they won`t always succeed .

Note : when a psycho decides to target a gangster or a gangster decides to target him,there`s a 50%50% chance for each to survive and kill the other player that will be decided by a coin toss .

That`s all folks !

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
How can I sign up?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
cool :D

Now what do I do?

Wait for more people to sign up ,roles will be assigned via email or pm`s random by game moderators ,who will be two or three at the most .(me + some one else)

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
that is a lot to read... I'm gonna read it tomorrow... but give me a role or so... why not...

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
that is a lot to read... I'm gonna read it tomorrow... but give me a role or so... why not...

Its worth its a fun game..but we need at least 15/20 people to play so sign up fuckers !!!!:D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i vote to lynch you Az (count me in)

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
i want pirlo to be lynched

so i am in :D

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^ LOL ,il leave thesign up process till Monday ,then we begin .

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The rules are simple during the day indifferent of your role you try to stay alive .

Lets just say a new day starts and the person that gets killed its Milano84 and im the killer ,i would start saying thing like :

Morning people ...tragic news about Milano84 ..he was a good person..i heard last night from Kalac#16 that he spoted him talking around the hotel with Ashish ..the argument was pretty heated ...maybe Kalac#16 will give more details .

^^Something like that you try to divert attention from your self ,cause when we start to vote u wont get killed .

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Great wall of rules!

Just came here to remind Az:
nolifer10lq8.gif

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great wall of rules!

Just came here to remind Az:
nolifer10lq8.gif

I knew you were a super mod and that makes you popular ,but having a cartoon made after your self ?You lucky dog!

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
The rules are simple during the day indifferent of your role you try to stay alive .

Lets just say a new day starts and the person that gets killed its Milano84 and im the killer ,i would start saying thing like :

Morning people ...tragic news about Milano84 ..he was a good person..i heard last night from Kalac#16 that he spoted him talking around the hotel with Ashish ..the argument was pretty heated ...maybe Kalac#16 will give more details .

^^Something like that you try to divert attention from your self ,cause when we start to vote u wont get killed .

i don't really understand but i'll play.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
I suppose I'll chuck my name in the hat.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ok so far we have :

• Milanista_13_33
  • Pedro
  • Milano84
  • Ashish
  • Kalac#16
  • KujaIX
  • manutd fan

We need at least 8 more to start the game .Sign up people!

The main attraction about this game is that we can talk in this thread about anything just use you r imagination : right now in a other forum were talking about weed ,starting a party and what..during the "day time " of the game its like the mother of all off topics :D

Last edited:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Put me in. I started a game called survivor bakc in an old forum, this seems interesting though.:D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Ok so far we have :

• Milanista_13_33
  • Pedro
  • Milano84
  • Ashish
  • Kalac#16
  • KujaIX
  • manutd fan

We need at least 8 more to start the game .Sign up people!

The main attraction about this game is that we can talk in this thread about anything just use you r imagination : right now in a other forum were talking about weed ,starting a party and what..during the "day time " of the game its like the mother of all off topics :D
lol dont kill me i wont do any harm to anybody

offtopic now thats my area :D

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
im intrigued but it seems kind of involved..

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
  • Milanista_13_33
  • Pedro
  • Milano84
  • Ashish
  • Kalac#16
  • KujaIX
  • manutd fan
  • Soldier
  • Centre

Thats 9 with Soldier&Center ...6 more at least..:)

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kuziiiiiiiiiiiiii :D:conf:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I tried 2 get how it goes but failed :D