Group F AC Milan vs Olympiakos 04/10/2018 18:55

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
EL Group Stage: Milan - Olympiacos

First real game in the EL.

I'm very excited after the Sassuolo game. Ready for a convincing win.

Preferred line-up:

Reina
Calabria - Caldara - Romagnoli - Laxalt
Bakayoko - Biglia - Bonaventura
Castillejo - Cutrone - Calhanoglu

Play Higuain if fit. Castillejo false nine if Cutrone isn't, Suso as LW.

After Chievo it's NT break and 10 000 years until the derby, so no need to rest players. Would we have rested players if we met Barcelona in the CL group stage? No. We need momentum anyway.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
ac-milan-olympiakos.jpg

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
rpDrSeG.jpg

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Schedule for October:

• Wreck Olympiacos.
  • Wreck Chievo.
  • Wreck Inter.
  • Wreck Bettis.
  • Wreck Sampdoria.
  • Wreck AC Galliani.

!!!FORZA MILAN!!!

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
First real game in the EL.

I'm very excited after the Sassuolo game. Ready for a convincing win.

Preferred line-up:

Reina
Calabria - Caldara - Romagnoli - Laxalt
Bakayoko - Biglia - Bonaventura
Castillejo - Cutrone - Calhanoglu

Play Higuain if fit. Castillejo false nine if Cutrone isn't, Suso as LW.

After Chievo it's NT break and 10 000 years until the derby, so no need to rest players. Would we have rested players if we met Barcelona in the CL group stage? No. We need momentum anyway.

:thumbsup: I like it.

Nice time to rest Kessie and Suso and integrate the new signings. Since we can't really rely on Mauri/Bertolacci and Borini and we need to keep the momentum going as you said, so that line-up seems like a good balance.

I worry a bit about Biglia and Jack but we can take them off early if we get a good lead. Then would be nice to bring on Halilovic (maybe for Jack although I don't think Rino sees Halilovic as a mezzala). If Zapata is fit maybe he can give Romagnoli some minutes off to close the match.

I hope Caldara and Cutrone will make it but if not best not to rush them back.

Last edited:

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Injured AC Milan defender Mattia Caldara could return to action after the International break,*La Gazzetta*dello*Sport*reports.

The Italian center-back skipped the last two games of the Serie A giants due to a muscle injury and according to the Italian paper he will have to remain on the sidelines for one more week at least.

That means Rino Gattuso will have to do without the Italian defender for the next two home games against Olympiakos and Chievo.

Caldara could be eligible to play again after the International break when AC Milan face Inter in the Milan derby.

The former Atalanta and Juventus defender was not included in AC Milan squad for the last two games against Empoli and Sassuolo and he is struggling with*playing time as he has yet to make his Serie A debut for the Rossoneri who signed him on a swap deal with Leonardo Bonucci last summer.

:(

Well, all good things take time.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Always injuries, every season.

Then I choose Musacchio to start vs Olympiacos. It's a positive and not a negative if he continues his form and makes it really difficult for Caldara to gain his spot.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
2/3 of our Atalanta signings have been injury prone so far...

Hannibal

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Shevchenko
Always injuries, every season.

Then I choose Musacchio to start vs Olympiacos. It's a positive and not a negative if he continues his form and makes it really difficult for Caldara to gain his spot.

His form being having brain farts and leaving Di Francesco open where Donna had to bail us out last game? I also remember the forced pass to Biglia in the Napoli game which led to a goal.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
probably zapata will start, i read it somewhere. :star:

i'm not sure what to think about LE, it's not that we will win it and we actually have great chance to end in top 4 in league so if you ask me, i will rotate almost whole XI, our boys need to stay fresh and injury free for league games.

just one injury can kill us because of our awful bench and i wouldn't risk it, serie A is top priority.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
probably zapata will start, i read it somewhere. :star:

i'm not sure what to think about LE, it's not that we will win it and we actually have great chance to end in top 4 in league so if you ask me, i will rotate almost whole XI, our boys need to stay fresh and injury free for league games.

just one injury can kill us because of our awful bench and i wouldn't risk it, serie A is top priority.

Milan will look to reinforce the team in January. Leonardo will look to bring in two or three more signings to complete the team further. [@AntoVitiello of @MilanNewsit]

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
i don't think that they can buy who can replace, for example romagnoli or piguain :o

i want them to be ready fresh and healthy for league, i don't really care for LE.

if it was CL, that's other thing but LE... meh. :o

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
too many starters for mi liking

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso's words from Football Italia

“We’ll make some changes,” Gattuso confirmed in his pre-match Press conference.

“The only one unavailable is Caldara, we’ll make some changes but not as many as Dudelange.

“Higuain is fine and has been training with us, Cutrone is still having some problems with his ankle but he’s managed to train. We hope to have Caldara after the international break.

“Higuain is a lad who is loved in the dressing room. I never thought it’d be a disaster to not have Higuain, but of course it’s better to have him.

“We need to learn how to best exploit his characteristics, because he gives us something extra. He’s training with us, we’ll evaluate him today and he could play tomorrow.

"Cutrone? Patrick has been an example in the past two weeks, the dressing room has appreciated what he's done. Patrick isn't yet 100 per cent, but he even worked on the rest days.

"I need to evaluate a lot of things, I'm not a doctor but players are liars. Too many times I lied and told my Coach I was fit to play even if it wasn't true.

"We need to be careful, otherwise we risk losing the player for a month.

“If we play with a striker, if we don’t have an emergency, then Patrick or Higuain will play. [Samu] Castillejo is good at stretching the play, he has speed and quality.

“So he’s someone who can do really well as a second striker, he has very precise characteristics which can be very useful.”

The Diavolo have a tough Europa League group, which also includes Real Betis.

“Betis play well, Olympiakos is a club with a winning mentality. They have quality and, like us, they like to play football.

“The play with a 4-2-3-1 but they can also play a 4-2-4. They’re dangerous in attack and they play positive football.

“They’ve made a lot of changes but this is a squad built to a plan. We have to be careful in the transitions.”

Milan have had trouble closing out games this season…

“I don’t know why we have these difficulties,” Gattuso admitted.

“I know that if we play compactly and as a team then we’ll do well. It seems we put more pressure on the midfielders in some situations, even when we score four we always concede.

“We need to improve on that, because we don’t have problems when we’re organised.

“Many players have spoken of a turning point after Sunday, we need to give consistency to what we’re doing.

“Even after the three draws it wasn’t like we had to throw everything away. We’re a good footballing side, we just need to find the solidity and mentality, as well as improving our reading of certain points of the game.

“The other teams [in Serie A] are doing well, they combine physicality with quality. Inter are like that, Fiorentina are doing well and so are Napoli and Lazio.

“All we can think about is improving, the others are strong teams and we need to find a winning mentality and learn how to suffer.”

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Bertolacci hat-trick ples

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
3 points vital here, set ya up nicely in the group.

Really need to start keeping clean sheets

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Match Day! Forza Milan!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Please don't fuck this up.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Matchday!

3-0 - Reina to keep another clean sheet.

Forza Milan!

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All games played at San Siro this month :thumbsup:

The camera angle at San Siro is easily my favorite :thumbsup:

Let's create fortress San Siro this month!

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
2-1 or 3-2 to Milan? What’s your opinion? Or can we do the unthinkable i.e. maintain a clean sheet?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
2-1 or 3-2 to Milan? What’s your opinion? Or can we do the unthinkable i.e. maintain a clean sheet?

I can't recall a 2018-19 EL match in which Reina did not keep a clean sheet.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane