Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Pippo wasnt a tactical wizard like Zidane was.
In fact , I predicted Pippo will be a shit manager.
It will be very rare for players like Gatu , Pippo to be managers, they were more about passion & being pros than being smart & tactical.
On the other hand guys like Pirlo , Seedorf were all tactical.
So for me I would be surprise if one of the first group made it as managers while on the other hand I would be surprised if the second group failed.

People and Gattuso where the definition of tactical players. They both had amazing sense of position on the field, what the fuck are you on again?:lol::lol::lol:

But its one thing to know it, and another to explain it to others and motivate them and so on.

P.S: Madrid are clowns.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Pippo & Gatu were pure passion , position wizards & great pros....skills that are hard to pass on.
Both werent tactical at all & for sure not technical , in fact Pippo was technically a mess.
Both could be great motivators but not tactical managers.
Its more likely that people like Pirlo & Seedorf to become good managers than people like Gatu or Pippo.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Manchester United are willing to meet Neymar's ?140m release clause, according to various reports cited by the Manchester Evening News.

Please sell and flop.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Will barca sell neymar though? Dont think so.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Manchester United are willing to meet Neymar's ?140m release clause, according to various reports cited by the Manchester Evening News.

Please sell and flop.

Let's put to the test if he can carry a team like Suarez can.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

I doubt he can carry anything on this back.

neymar2.gif

But we cant be sure without massaro's opinion. Massaro please give us your opinion.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Will barca sell neymar though? Dont think so.

If another club activates his release clause then it's all up to the player, like Gotze's case.

I doubt Neymar wants to leave for Manure, but his dad will definitely try to take advantage of the situation. New contract for his boy, and perhaps another lorry full of money for himself?

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Neymar would dominate that overrated league

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
If another club activates his release clause then it's all up to the player, like Gotze's case.

I doubt Neymar wants to leave for Manure, but his dad will definitely try to take advantage of the situation. New contract for his boy, and perhaps another lorry full of money for himself?

Aa okaay.. Then as u wrote I don't think he would want to leave barcelona.
Some people say that he might not want to play second fiddle to messi. But he stated a lot of times that he likes to play with messi and it is a "dream come true"

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I doubt he can carry anything on this back.

neymar2.gif

But we cant be sure without massaro's opinion. Massaro please give us your opinion.

Yes we need Massaro's gifs of how well he has played against English teams.

But wait...

Has he ever played against an English team? :conf:

His dad would be stupid to move and expose how spoon-fed Neymar is by Suarez.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Pippo & Gatu were pure passion , position wizards & great pros....skills that are hard to pass on.
Both werent tactical at all & for sure not technical , in fact Pippo was technically a mess.
Both could be great motivators but not tactical managers.
Its more likely that people like Pirlo & Seedorf to become good managers than people like Gatu or Pippo.

What exactly do you mean when you say pirla is more tactical than peepo?

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He doesnt really need to carry a team on his own to be considered a great player.

And Zidane inconsistent :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What exactly do you mean when you say pirla is more tactical than peepo?
Players have different football IQ.
There ability to understand their part in a tactical plan and their reaction during a game & how they adjust to beat the other team.
For me players like Pirlo , Seedorf , Maldini were smarter than players like Pippo , Gatu & Stam.
It doesnt mean they are better for that reason.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Zidane inconsistent? That's Massaro level.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
He doesnt really need to carry a team on his own to be considered a great player.

And Zidane inconsistent :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Players have different football IQ.
There ability to understand their part in a tactical plan and their reaction during a game & how they adjust to beat the other team.
For me players like Pirlo , Seedorf , Maldini were smarter than players like Pippo , Gatu & Stam.
It doesnt mean they are better for that reason.

To me it seems like you have grouped the more technical players as being tactically astute. I dont see how gattuso is less tactically sound compared to say someone like seedorf. In terms of positioning and awareness, he is just as good.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Former Real Madrid GM Jorge Valdano feels the appointment of Zinedine Zidane is a "gamble".

Zizou was named new coach yesterday after the sacking of Rafa Benitez.

"Zidane is a gamble for his lack of experience," said Valdano, who has sympathy with Benitez.

"Benitez has struggled to fit his precise ideas into a squad with many midfielders.

"Benitez made more effort to please the club than the club to please Benitez."

Former Real midfielder David Beckham, meanwhile, was supportive of the change.

He posted on Instagram: "A man who has been the best in the game we all love, taking over a club I love.

"Someone with drive, passion and who does not accept failure at any level. Taking over a position that requires experience and respect in the game, but assuming a position that he will enjoy.

"The best person for this position."

some reports say that zizou wants hazard

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
To me it seems like you have grouped the more technical players as being tactically astute. I dont see how gattuso is less tactically sound compared to say someone like seedorf. In terms of positioning and awareness, he is just as good.
I dont know but Gatu's skills are natural , you either have them or you dont.
It will be tough to pass them on.
Gatu can be a great motivator though.
On the other hand Seedorf is smarter and he could , I repeat he could find it easier to become a coach.

How can you say that?

---

Zidane was kind of inconsistent, at times. It's not a crazy thing to say.
Zidane was more consistent than many other legends.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I dont know but Gatu's skills are natural , you either have them or you dont.
It will be tough to pass them on.
Gatu can be a great motivator though.
On the other hand Seedorf is smarter and he could , I repeat he could find it easier to become a coach.

Zidane was more consistent than many other legends.

But gattuso had positioning sense and was tactically brilliant. I dont see how you can say that seedorf was smarter. Seedorf had more guile and was technically adept which gives you the impression about him being very clever.

In saying that, ancelotti was a DM and he is a great coach. Just saying.

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Pippo could possibly be the msartest of that lot imo. the man had not much pace, strength or great technical ability. Yet he made it at the highest level. There is nothing that says his understanding of the forward position is less of the understanding Seedorf had of midfield or maldini of defense.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Then he will never be one of the GOAT (as his fans claim) if he can't carry a team on his own.
Guy is still young.
Neymar at 23 > Suarez at 23.

You guys are older than me and should know how inconsistent he was in his career.
We are indeed older than you to remember that he was consistent.
Or , if you dont believe us then know we are older than you and we know better :D

But gattuso had positioning sense and was tactically brilliant. I dont see how you can say that seedorf was smarter. Seedorf had more guile and was technically adept which gives you the impression about him being very clever.

In saying that, ancelotti was a DM and he is a great coach. Just saying.
So what ?
It isnt about position.
Am not saying that Zidane & Seedorf could , notice the word could , become good coaches because they were attacking mids , am just saying that their football IQ , IMO , is higher.
Pep , Semeone & Conte are defensive minded mids & yet they made great coaches. and Carlo is the same.

Like if you give me Baresi & Billy .... I would think directly that Baresi could make a better coach.
If you give me CR7 & Messi ... I would think again that Messi could make a better coach.

And am a defensive fan , so give me solid team defensively over a headless attacking team I will go with the first.

Last edited:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Guy is still young.
Neymar at 23 > Suarez at 23.

You're crazy.

You do realize at that age Suarez was top scorer in the Dutch league with 35 goals and was the breakthrough player for Uruguay in the world cup?

Suarez has always stood out despite the lack of talent he was surrounded with. Neymar has it easy now since Barcelona is a very strong team.

We are indeed older than you to remember that he was consistent.
Or , if you dont believe us then know we are older than you and we know better :D

Don't lie to yourself Wild. Remember the 1998 world cup, Juventus days, and even his Real Madrid days where he didn't care to show up for the lesser matches. :o

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo would make a better coach than messi tbh.
Back to your comment.
Maradona was possibly the greatest player ever. Again, a creative player, but look at him as coach. He was Pathetic in a coaching role.

Most great coaches are usually defensive minded coaches.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You're crazy.

You do realize at that age Suarez was top scorer in the Dutch league with 35 goals and was the breakthrough player for Uruguay in the world cup?

Suarez has always stood out despite the lack of talent he was surrounded with. Neymar has it easy now since Barcelona is a very strong team.

Don't lie to yourself Wild. Remember the 1998 world cup, Juventus days, and even his Real Madrid days where he didn't care to show up for the lesser matches. :o

Neymar never was and never will be greater than suarez who is soon going to become a GOAT of this era.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
To me the CM's and DM's become the best coaches:
Ancelotti, Guardiola, Brocchi :-)o) Capello, Trapattoni Rijkaard, etc. All of these guys have CL winning teams.

Forwards and attacking mids tend to struggle : Giggs, Shearer, Van Basten, Pippp, Maradonna

History isn't quite on ZZ's side

To my mind only Low can be considered an elite coach with Klinsman and Roberto Mancini being so-so

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

What are you saying? He was as consistent as any top player of the era.

He would fade out in the occasional France match, which hardly matters in my view. National team performance is always touch and go considering all the hype and limited rest involved. Inconsistent is a very incorrect thing to call Zidane.

'Inconsistent' is a far more appropriate thing to call someone like Seedorf or Del Piero or Guti.