Golden posts

Should we have a post of the day thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Nice post for a 15 yo... Straight from the heart too...

Milanista10 said:
you know..now that i think about it, everbody here is so pre-occupied with whom milan will acquire this summer. I just came to the realisation that I would be pleased nonetheless if Milan were not to buy anyone. Does it really matter who plays for the squad. I f anything this past season has shown us is that its not the big names that wins games, its heart and spirit. For all i care we could sign maybe a few young players but nobody of note and i wouldn't give a rats ass.

I've supported Milan for much longer than any kid my age could say. I grew up with this team in my veins. I've seen players come...and go. Some I loved, like shevchenko, like crespo, like beirhoff, like rui costa. And I've painfully watched them go. It stuns me that people in this forum love Milan simply because of a player, or certain players. And when a players decides to pursue a different dream at another team, a part of that fans soul doesn't support milan anymore.

There are a selection of fans, who don't care much for the players. I admit when I was younger, the thrill of a new signing enthralled me. But now, having supported this club for years, having been on football sites every morning and night to read the latest news, having picked up every newspaper or magazine about football i could lay my hands on, i've come to the realisation that I don't support Kaka', or Inzaghi, or Nesta or whomever. I support Milan. If Kaka were to leave, it would hurt me, as I know he was a great player for the club that I love and live for. But it would never change the least bit how much i have a passion for this team.

I've grown up hearing commentators say how amazing Maldini is, being a one club man. Having worn the colours of Milan for almost 1000 games. having put his body and sweat and tears on that line for milan for some 23 years. I've realised that Maldini is not only a footballer. No, he is a part of Milan. He is what Milan represents. You also look at Franco Baresi. No two footballers represent Milan like these two great gods have. They are the only 2 players worthy to be called true Milan Legends.

I still watch every game with every bit as much enthusiasm as I did when I was 8. I still scream and go mental. I will be on my deathbed one day and still go nuts when Milan scores. In 40 years from now, will I still be a milan fan? the answer is quite simple. Yes. In 40 years time, the same players and the same management won't still be there. New faces will be there in place. Some of you fellow forumers might not be fans anymore, because your favourite players are not there anymore. Some of you might grow tired or impatient with milan over the years. But I've seen Milan do bad, I've seen them ridiculed at the hands of calciopoli. I've seen them achieve incredible things..the 2003 and 2007 champions league and 1999 scudetto. Even if in 40 years time, Milan were to be in the 3rd division, I would love them and find a way to watch them.

when I think footballm the first word that comes to mind is Milan. Not ronaldo, or ronaldinho, or terry, or whomever...but Milan. I've learned over the past few seasons that players come and go, but there has always been one constant amidst all the variables. That being, my unconditional love for AC MILAN.

I ask for all of you forumers to understand that we may not sign anyone this off-season. But we will still be Milan, and let not this terrible transfer season ruin our anticipation for the upcoming 2007-2008 season where we will conquer the european supercup, avenge the intercontinental cup loss of 2003, try our cards in the coppa italia, de-throne our rivals inter to the scudetto, and most importantly, retain our title as kings of europe.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
MilanoMike said:
Nice post for a 15 yo... Straight from the heart too...
Beatiful. Care to attach the link to that post? :)

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
um..thanks milanomike, never expected anyone to post it here but thanks nonetheless i really do appreciate it :)

but i meant what i said. milan forever, who cares who's on the field for us, and who cares who's directing the club. Anyone wearing a red and black shirt is a friend of mine. FORZA MILAN :star:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Love this. Ride on brother!
Wild said:
On topic : Ambition isn’t about winning but about wanting 2 get better + seek new challenges.
U can b ambitions by staying in division 1 or u can b get promoted 2 a better league & so.
Milan r having the same mistakes over n over , season in & season out without even trying 2 solve em & that’s coz we aren’t ambitions 2 get better.

Also Milan just won a lucky CL ,4 me its lucky coz we only faced 1 good team in Manu & they didn’t have their entire defense 2 play, & the challenge was 2 win the CL once more & we didn’t solve our problem so we wont b Kaka or luck dependable.

Ambition is about having a plan.
Do we have a plan in case Janku or Nesta or Oddo got injured ?
Do we have a plan in case Kaka or Dida got injured ?

And this isn’t about drawing 2 or 3 games.
We reached 1 final & won 1 CL & I didn’t change what I think of the team.
Milan is good when I see our team seriously competing in SerieA & not a cup even if it’s the CL.

This is really about taste & ambition.
And I will trade the CL title if we can get a much better performance.
U can win a title due 2 luck but I rarely doubt that luck can help u perform better.

Edit : link to this post
http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?p=390187#post390187

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Wild's is good, but this one is GOLDEN...:star:

crazy4milan said:
Maybe it's because I started to watch Milan since 1998, but I don't actually think we have been all that boring for the last 3 years (I'm actually a huge fan of our 05-06 season, which ended up 100% trophyless, and we predicted it from the bigging), yes, we are a predictable team, but among all that predictability with the exception of some periods (like from October till February last season), I hardly find it all that boring (boring was to watch us play any game from 99-early 2002, with the exception of the tennis matches against Inter).

I wouldn't mind us having a bad time either. It will happen, you can count on it (as well as you can count every sports team in the globe to go through it), "when?" is the question, but if it happens, even if you try to make a complete revolution the shit will go on for some time.

I actually thought that our time was done in Istanbul, that's part of the reason I'm in such an awe towards this team, we should be having the "not even a ray light" period by now, but either because these guys don't want to fall down, or because of luck (which I don't really believe in, specially in these situations, cause you have to create the conditions in order to be "lucky", and if you can create them, then you are good) but we're still there. I can bash the management (though I don't really care about them TBH), but the most harsh I will be with one of the boys or Carlo will be like "off night", "didn't like him", "played awful", "bad/terrible decisions", and my now getting old "predictable".

Another thing, there will always be the group of "the cheerleaders"-the ones that will always be positive about anything the team does, and their most negative comment towards the team will be something mild. There will always be "the bashers"-the negative minds, the ones that even after a really good win will have something negative to say, the ones that will use the most hardest adjectives to describe a bad performance, the ones that will most likely won't say a thing after a fantastic win or after winning a big trophy. Then there's "the rationals"-the ones that will have a more cool way to digest both a win and a loss (and a draw!), the ones that will most likely win argumets about the team's performance cause they're not blinded by love or bashing. And then there's "the rest"-you know the ones like me, how change positions because of the feelings that day, but at the end of the day we can understand every position (unless high emotions are running). Then there's minor roles--like the ones that do not provide anything good but bashing a player, or the ones that do not provide anything good but be groupies, but they aren't a lot + they don't really bother (just give a good laugh). Point is, a team needs to have all these type of fans (hopefully most of them will be rational), but eitherway calling on someone for being one of those type of fans (exception to individual groupies or haters) is ridiculous, since it's their view of the game/team, and we are no holders of the truth to critize that person for his/her position.
Amazing post c4m...

Link: http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=390660&postcount=419

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Today was a good day for Golden posts! :star:

San Paolo said:
Pathetic.
You claim being a cheerleader is showing support for your team whilst being a loyal fan is bagging the team out left, right and centre. Complete BS. A true fan is one that would support his team no matter what. Be it through the good times or bad times and still chanting the Milan team song louder when we are down. Not making outragous demandings in the transfer window like you do in Championship Manager. I don't get how you can compare Milan to a drug addict. If someone is a drug addict wouldn't you try and support him and help him get better NOT critisize him all the fucking time?

Every club has their weaknesses. One team can never be perfect. Milan aren't a team of champions, although we do have some extraordinary individuals, but we are a champion team. The nucleus of our success is the bonds between the men involved within our club. Milan is unique. We possess something of an untangible assest. I've never witnessed a club that backs its players, despite the circumstance, and still believes in their abilities whilst others would shout abuse and demand that they are replaced or banished from Milanello all together.

What I'm finding extremely difficult in comprehending is that people claim that Milan are a train wreck destined to happen. Now seriously, this isn't something a fan would say especially considering in the last 4 months we won the UCL and European Super Cup and have become the most successful club team in the World. Where's the logic in that?

People claim we are too old and lack signings in the transfer market... these are claims not only made this season but for the past 4-5 years. A period which Milan has pasted the test of time and performed tremendous, especially in the UCL.

Now to the bandwagoners. I'll take Kaladze as an example. Every match leading up to the game against Siena he was our best defender. Even during the Siena game he didn't play badly but he made one miss judgement and all of a sudden he isn't Milan material. These are the declarations of clowns who are clueless and would edit ones stats in Championship Manager so that Digao would win the Golden Ball.

To read people suggesting Milan are playing boring at present and were lucky in the UCL leads me to question their credibility. Was it also luck that Kaka bagged 10 goals in 12 matches and netted the Striker + Best Player in UCL or Seedorf being awarded Best Midfielder or Maldini Best Defender... or Inzaghi becoming the second highest goalscorer in Europe behind Muller? Not bad for an injury prone clown diver whinger over the hill skillless player but maybe he just got LUCKY like Milan do all the time, right?

Like c'mon seriously, do the majority of you watch Milan play or perhaps just football in general before you make an opinion?... The performance against Benfica is the benchmark, alongside Barcelona, for this season's UCL. It was simply brilliant. Was that also luck?

Hello?... real life distinguishes immensely from a computer game.
Great post SaoPow!
http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=390674&postcount=420

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yep. Those 2 back-to-back posts were brilliant.

alessia

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
luca toni, pirlo,totti, den, kaka, nesta, buffon :)
Milanista10 said:
you know..now that i think about it, everbody here is so pre-occupied with whom milan will acquire this summer. I just came to the realisation that I would be pleased nonetheless if Milan were not to buy anyone. Does it really matter who plays for the squad. I f anything this past season has shown us is that its not the big names that wins games, its heart and spirit. For all i care we could sign maybe a few young players but nobody of note and i wouldn't give a rats ass.

I've supported Milan for much longer than any kid my age could say. I grew up with this team in my veins. I've seen players come...and go. Some I loved, like shevchenko, like crespo, like beirhoff, like rui costa. And I've painfully watched them go. It stuns me that people in this forum love Milan simply because of a player, or certain players. And when a players decides to pursue a different dream at another team, a part of that fans soul doesn't support milan anymore.

There are a selection of fans, who don't care much for the players. I admit when I was younger, the thrill of a new signing enthralled me. But now, having supported this club for years, having been on football sites every morning and night to read the latest news, having picked up every newspaper or magazine about football i could lay my hands on, i've come to the realisation that I don't support Kaka', or Inzaghi, or Nesta or whomever. I support Milan. If Kaka were to leave, it would hurt me, as I know he was a great player for the club that I love and live for. But it would never change the least bit how much i have a passion for this team.

I've grown up hearing commentators say how amazing Maldini is, being a one club man. Having worn the colours of Milan for almost 1000 games. having put his body and sweat and tears on that line for milan for some 23 years. I've realised that Maldini is not only a footballer. No, he is a part of Milan. He is what Milan represents. You also look at Franco Baresi. No two footballers represent Milan like these two great gods have. They are the only 2 players worthy to be called true Milan Legends.

I still watch every game with every bit as much enthusiasm as I did when I was 8. I still scream and go mental. I will be on my deathbed one day and still go nuts when Milan scores. In 40 years from now, will I still be a milan fan? the answer is quite simple. Yes. In 40 years time, the same players and the same management won't still be there. New faces will be there in place. Some of you fellow forumers might not be fans anymore, because your favourite players are not there anymore. Some of you might grow tired or impatient with milan over the years. But I've seen Milan do bad, I've seen them ridiculed at the hands of calciopoli. I've seen them achieve incredible things..the 2003 and 2007 champions league and 1999 scudetto. Even if in 40 years time, Milan were to be in the 3rd division, I would love them and find a way to watch them.

when I think footballm the first word that comes to mind is Milan. Not ronaldo, or ronaldinho, or terry, or whomever...but Milan. I've learned over the past few seasons that players come and go, but there has always been one constant amidst all the variables. That being, my unconditional love for AC MILAN.

I ask for all of you forumers to understand that we may not sign anyone this off-season. But we will still be Milan, and let not this terrible transfer season ruin our anticipation for the upcoming 2007-2008 season where we will conquer the european supercup, avenge the intercontinental cup loss of 2003, try our cards in the coppa italia, de-throne our rivals inter to the scudetto, and most importantly, retain our title as kings of europe.

i looooooooooved !t!

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
DonippoKakaGourdini said:
Milan will probably win this contest convincingly. This Milan reminds me of the Milan in 02-03. A side that plays brilliantly against better opposition. When this Milan takes on a side with 9+ behind the ball, the strikers quality is just not there. Sides that are more talented will try to impose the game on Milan, and that is when space is granted, and Milan possess the world's best chemistry when allocated time and space. Lazio and Donetsk saw this exclusively. Roma will do much the same. They will try to establish aa wide game, and will be completely exposed in the back.
http://www.forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=400984&postcount=63

That's what I'm talking about.
Nice one mate :star:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Thx Gaiz 4 choosing my post + the others 4 liking it.
After I read its sooooooooooooooooooooooo nowadays with Oddo + Janku getting injured.
And I guess we all know the answer about Milan actually having a plan :o

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This one is wonderful. Supporting AC Milan is one thing but feeling passionate about your National Team is always a lot more noble. :) I wish I can only be as supportive to my own National Tea :rolleyes:
Edit. Link to the post : http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?p=405670#post405670
DonippoKakaGourdini said:
Ok, here we go. I can write a book on this topic really. ;)

To fully understand why the Spanish national team is consistently inconsistent has as much to do with football as it does our culture and politics. It is well documented how regionaly disperse the country is compared to a France or England, and much more so than Italy is. The press bleeds the point dry for every major tournament at how many Catalans, Basques, Andalucians, Castilians, etc are selected for La Seleccion. This is written about incessantly, because there has to be a reason for failure and it is summed up by regionalistic autonomy and pride. The Spanish term 'morbo' sums this cultural element up perfectly. I can't even translate this into English, but it is essentially a sentiment between the regions that divides them and is influenced by language, politics, club futbol teams, and history. Really tough to articulate this phenemenon in any language other than Spanish. I mean....afterall...that one word means what I write in that sentence! I think most people know this, or can be explained this verbally any Spanish national. I will focus on the major tournies since 1986.

Let's go tournament by tournament though, much of the way you have done.

WC 86
As you mentioned el buitre joined Eusebio as the only men to score 4 goal in WC match. Also, Michel had a goal famously disallowed vs. Brasil in that match. You may remember how many times they showed that goal (seemed more than the Morientes header vs. South Korea provided by Joaquin in 02). To be honest, this was one of the better Spanish sides at a WC. The 5-1 demolition of a very good Denmark side was truly a shocking victory for the country. I fully agree that if we had just outlasted denmark, we would have given Argentina a better match then they did, but I doubt we would have won that semifinal match in that hemisphere. The missed penalty was by Eloy (Naturally the press claimed he missed because he was from Asturias) Of note here....I didn't realize it at this time, but this would become a common theme for Spain at many of then next major International tournies. That being...losing a match in the latter stages, where advancement would have set up a tremendously interesting matchup between world powers. More on this as we go on.

Euro 88
On a personal note, this tourney belonged to Milan players. Baresi established himself as the best defender in the world that summer in Germany, and the Milan Dutch trio were simply brilliant. As for Spain, it was always not favorable to play the Germans in major tournaments during this era. It is that much more difficult to play them on their soil, in Munich. The 2-0 scoreline was expected. As for that match with Italy, Baresi, Maldini, and Bergomi set up an Italian wall in Germany and won a classic tempo Italian match. They solidified, played the counter, and Vialli scored the winner 20 or so minutes from time. It was well documented that the Italians just have something extra when they represent their country in major tournaments, and this match was no exception.

WC 90
Correct, Michel hit a hat trick vs. Korea, and he hit a penalty in the 2-1 win vs. Belgium. To be fair, this Spanish side wasn't too fancied as many fo the players were now older and close to international retirement. Going up against a unified Yugoslavia that was just entering their golden age was always going to be daunting. That side featured Pancev, Boksic, Suker, Stojkovic, Jozic, Prosinecki, Savicevic and plenty more I am sure. They easily would have won Euro 92 in my humble opinion. It was an exciting game as all three goals came in the last 10 minutes, but we only scored one of them. If we win....we play Argentina in the QF on european soil.

Euro 92
Luis Suarez was replaced by Vicente Meira as coach of the team for the qualifiers. Needless to say he was axed. This is important, because Javier Clemente became coach. For the record....Clemente is a Basque.

WC 94
Not much to say here except about the match with Italy. Very similar to the 88 match, except this was a QF and it ended 2-1 not 1-0. Baggio's legend certainly mentions his late winner vs. us in this match. If we win...we beat Bulgaria, and we lose to Brasil in the final.

Euro 96
The only thing that needs to be said here is that Kiko scored a legitamate goal vs. the hosts that was disallowed. This one still bothers me. Game ends in a draw. We lose during the penalty shootout.

WC 98
Who to blame? JAVIER CLEMENTE. This man decided that Zubizarreta was first choice over Canizares. His reasoning? Because Zubizarreta was a Basque. Marca (which is a Madrid based publication and ardently advocates Real Madrid and that region) blasted this man endlessly for 8 years, which started because he was the tactician to drop Butragueno from La Furia Rojo. This latest comment was simply unbearable. Everyone saw a 37 year old Zubizarreta lose the Nigeria match. A drab draw with Cesare Maldini's Paraguay did follow the 6-1 thrashing of Bulgaria, but Paraguay beat Nigeria by 2 or 3 goals to advance.

Euro 00
After losing to Norway 1-0, my expectations were gone. (Depor keeper was Jose Molina, and yes he was responsible) However....that match with Yugoslavia was an absolute classic. Back and forth. We went down 1-0. Leveled it. Went down 2-1. Leveled it. Went down 3-2. Won a 90th minute penalty, converted and then found the winner in stoppages for a 4-3 scoreline. What we saw here was something that no could deny we were capable of, but we never enjoy luck like that in tournaments like this one. Like you said, we played France tough. That first half was exciting and ended with Raul missing that penalty.

WC 02
The only thing I want to mention here is that if Italy didn't get robbed vs. Korea in the second round, the QF would have been Spain vs. Italy. Oddly enough, Spain were cheated even more than the Italians in that QF, which would have setup Germany-Spain in the semi.

Euro 04
I take pride in that we did not lose to Greece. However, it is a shame that we lost to Portugal, which is a country we have dominated in International football forever.

Everyone can remember WC 06. Spain was fancied against the French, and that was the match that ignited the French to the final of that tourney. I do honestly believe Spain would have beaten Brasil in the QF on European soil though.

So that is the recap. I really wouldn't mind starting a post to further clarify the whole cultural aspects of the country and how they play a part with our national team, but it is almost better to have your own interpretation of it. Spain's culture and history have created this conundrum known as La Furia Rojo. Our talent and individual players should see us as one fo the best, but instead we are perennially labeled dark horses that never finish. I always look to the European Championships with great optimism. We have won it before, and we are capable of doing it again with some luck. I just want to see a Spanish capitan (regardless of what region he is from) lift the Henri Delaunay trophy.....and maybe even a Jules Rimet variety. :proud:

Last edited:

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
gaizka22 said:
There was a moment that I will never forget before the Cup was given. All Milan players marched upward to the podium; all smiling, beaming with happiness, take turns kissing Galliani and shook hands with the dignitaries. After they received the medal, they proceeded to the upper level of the podium and started the customary “Campione… Campione… Ole…Ole…Ole” singing and dancing. But there was one man still standing on the grass, their captain Paolo Maldini.

His posture and expression was as passive and serene as well known throughout his whole glittering career. This is a player who experienced all major losses that soccer can offer but only few can dream of playing in: 1 World Cup Final, 1 Euro Final and 3 Champions League Final; and he never reacted beyond biting the lower section of his shirt or put his hands on his hip. You never see Maldini crying, he comforted his team-mates. You never see him sitting down dejectedly on the ground with his head between his legs, he will always be the first to salute the fans for their support.

But last night Maldini looked pensive and awkward. He had the look of a rock star getting ready to launch an encore to his last ever gig. He had a reflective look that seemed to say “Wow, another cup won. It’s been a wonderful life. But this might me my last. I will miss this when I’m done.”

The moment was very special for me. Because – barring another Champions League triumph in Moscow in May next year – this was probably the last time Maldini will lift a major trophy. When we won the UEFA Super Cup game vs Sevilla last September in Monaco, I didn’t watch the match so I was very shocked when I saw pictures of the trophy ceremony. It wasn’t Maldini, it was another player, how could it be? That’s another indication of how impressive his career is. Try to find any pictures of Milan winning important cups in the last 5 years and you will likely gazed upon a picture of Maldini lifting the trophy with his team mate adoring him like a Golden God.

The presence Ancelotti, Tasotti and Costacurta; old compatriots who fought and triumphed with him to Intercontinental Cup victories in 89 and 90 (substituted in the 90 game because of a broken his collar bone) only made the ceremony look more like a retirement sending off party. The presence of new heroes like Kaka, Pippo, Seedorf, Nesta and Pirlo to name a few created an air of passing the baton to another generation. Something that’s been said for at least 5 years but never really happenned because Maldini is simply too good to be replaced. He is not only a link from past to present to future. He is the past, he is the present and he defined the future.

His journey is nearing the end. The full circle will be completed in 6 months. It is debatable if there will be a player who can match his personal glory, it is debatable if there will be another player capable of playing top class soccer for 20 years. But there is no doubt that there will never be anyone like him in the minds and hearts of Milan fans.

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=9715&page=31&pp=20

gaizka.. i love u for that post!!!!!! i couldn't handle my feeling right now.. (so emotional.. so happy ...so proud and of course so touchy :proud: ) ur post is so :star: :proud: :proud:

Last edited:

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Agree with everyone , great post by Gaizka , very well written. :star: :) :)

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
That's the only post that has actually been able to make me cry. It's just so well written and it really shows the emotional moments that many of us felt while watching that particular moment. Gaizka another :star: for you.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kuzimoto said:
Dear management!
Not always i got the chance to watch the Coppa game.Today i've had one.
I consider myself as a huge and very optimistic fan of Milan and even in the hardest time,the most bitter times i've always supported Milan and cheered them as if they were a winning only team.
After that marvelous performance with Napoli i saw the perfect team with a perfect ambitions and spirit.
It is so important to us,fans to see our team this way-to many of us it is a natural engine for a life achievements.
What i saw today in the game with Catania was a pure cowardice from our head coach-pure weakness and unwillingness to get some of our key players injured.I believe that the main target of our management is to reach the Champions League every year at any coast,even if it takes to loose the national pride and honor.In the last 30 years we have won only one Coppa Italia-this is embarassing and shame.
I saw Roma battling today with Totti and Mancini,i saw Juventus fighting with their teeth last night and both of them won with some great honor and dignity.What in the world makes you think that we should not pay our hearts to such games?It brings less profit???
I saw today a team of angry,unfocused players,who seem to play like a group of veterans,looking like doing the favor,proving their salaries.Cafu as a striker?Gourcouff with his brilliant shots?Gila with his sad-always-face and simple mistakes?
I believe Carlo Ancelotti was suppose to play with almost the same squad as with Napoli,to make the same squad play even better together,getting stronger and more dangerous.And then in the end of the game,when it's done-let other players to fit in and feel the pitch,even though it is very sensitive to most of them,as they are not a regular players.
I believe that our mangement is very attached to the fact,that they should make their regular profits out of higher competitions,such as Champions League(it's no secret to anyone,that behind that beautifull mask of European Glory-a huge ammount of money stands and growing).
Maybe our management has forgot that Coppa Italia had become a bigger and more interesting competiotion,where every team fight as if it was a very important one.
As i was writing this letter,it was still the 90th minute of the game and i hoped like a little child,that when i finish this,i'd just erase all what i have said and keep it like this.But not.It was a poor performance,which showed that one day,when we'll need our bench to be strong,we'll be shaking our nerve systems and will be affraid,that there's no real back up.
Truly hope,that something will change really quick,cos' the fact that Pato is here and Ronaldo is fit doesn't make us be sure of anything.

Nice one Kuzi. :)

http://www.forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=417448&postcount=1

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
Im not mentioned at all in this thread thought I'd just drop on by :D lol

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Another Gaizka classic from this thread:http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=9722
gaizka22 said:
Carlo Ancelotti last game for Milan

Not much is known about Ancelotti’s playing day. He didn’t score a lot of goals, his most memorable goal probably that 35 yard rocket that almost break the hand of Paco Buyo when Milan trashed Real Madrid 5-0 on April 19, 1989 during the second leg of the Champions Cup game. Aside from that wonderful goal, the man nicknamed the Terminator for his ability to terminate all attack was content to calmly guarded the midfield and his steady game allowed Rijkaard to venture forward.

Coming to Milan from Rome in season 87/88, Carletto won every major club cup trophies with Milan. In 91/92 season, the arrival of young Demetrio Albertini made the 33 years old realized that he will no longer be part of Fabio Cappelo plan. But he still had a last trick up on his sleeve and he intended to go on a high note.

The day was May 17 1992 and Milan played vs Verona in the 33rd game of the league. Having already secured their 12th scudetto a week before after a 1-1 draw vs Napoli at the Sao Paolo stadium, the tifosi were ready to celebrate their unbeaten season. Banners, flags and posters were all paraded and the stadium was a spectacular red and black show.

Milan started with Rossi, Tasotti, Maldini, Costacurta, Albertini, Donadoni, Rijkaard, Gullit, Massaro and Van Basten. It didn’t take them long to start the party that the full capacity San Siro was expecting. Van Basten was fouled and after his customary one jump and 3 steps penalty-taking ritual; he converted his 11th penalty of the season in the 18th minute. It was his 23rd goal of the season (he would score 2 more in the last game away vs Foggia which Milan won 8-2 after falling 2-1 behind at half time and ended up as the season’s top scorer). The 1-0 score lasted until the first half was over.

Marco Simone came for Albertini at half time and Gullit soon doubled the lead in the 48th minute with a left-footed shot just inside the penalty box as Milan continued to dominate the game. Then Carletto’s moment came when Capello took Gullit out in the 68th minute. Wearing no 14, it didn’t take him long to change the game. Verona defense failed to clear a corner from the right side and the ball wildly bounced outside the box only for Ancelotti to lashed a thundering right foot shot that rolled on the ground and passed Gregori the Verona keeper in the 76th minute. 3-0 for Milan.

As if confirming that the day will be his, Ancelotti got more fired up. 1 minute after the restart, Stojkovic misjudged a pass and Ancelotti stole the ball from his feet and started dribbling to the box. He had Simone to his left but he continued his drive and delivered a precision shot that nested on the right side of the goal. 4-0 for Milan.

Ancelotti was mobbed by his team mate. Baresi, Donadoni and Rijkaard was still group hugging him when the captain said something which reduced them to a hearty laughter. For me, this 3 seconds scene summed up Milan in the 91/92 season: they were having fun, playing beautifully and winning games.

As the ref blew the final whistle, the fans descended for peaceful pitch invasion. Van Basten was forced to relinguish his jersey, Albertini was mobbed, Baresi had his captain’s arm band stripped from his arm. At the end of the afternoon after the pitch was cleared; Ancelotti was hoisted and carried in his team mates shoulders as they parared him around the pitch to the crescendo of applause inside the stadium. Another Milan hero is making his last curtain call.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
radioactivenerd said:
oh my god. I just woke up early to catch a flight out for work, and i am absolutely gutted at this news.
I really really hope that this does not mean his career is over. Its going to be a 8-9 month recovery period, and if there is one club out there that can make this work, its Milan.

I might sound a little foolish here, but i would love for Milan to extend his contract by a year. Sometimes, the things that annoy me about MIlan makes me love this club even more - their neverending trust in players, and i would love for us to show him this act of class at this moment in his career.

12 months of rehab, and even if we get the real Ronaldo back for 1 year, its worth it.

I'm not going to believe that his career is over until i see something more believable. goal.com's article is nothing but a deduction. We've seen him fight, weve seen him survive. A contract extension might be just what he needs to work through this injury.
I might be hoping against a brick wall, but im still hoping.

this post will remains me for not lose the hope to wait Ronaldo. come back soon Ronnie !! good post there radioactivenerd :star: :star: :star:

the link : http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=9608&page=185&pp=20

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Think I'll return the favor:

Rahja said:
Great, and what will the next thread be like?

"I have good news, Dildil went to the toilet" ? :rolleyes:
Classic. :star:

Lilly

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Pirlo, Nesta, Rino, Pippo, Fabregas, Van Persie, Buffon, Ambrosini
Milan10 said:
All I know is that every player you bashed contributed in some way to Milan winning the Champion's League and other trophies. Ancelotti (Anshitloti as you "cleverly" refer to him as) has led the team to 2 CLs, the Scudetto, Italian domestic cups, the Club World Cup, and more... To nickname him Anshitloti basically shows how classless and disrespectful you are.

You bash the players and coach that have given you everything in the last 5 years as a Milan fan. Every fan in the world would trade their last 5 years for Milan's. Think about what we have done in the last 5 years, or is that too much to do when you like to be so negative? Milan is going through a tough time right now, but I don't think that the players or the coach are at fault. The management is at fault for not spending the necessary money to keep the club youthful and determined. The fact of the matter is that most of Milan's important players are over 30, which isn't necessarily a recipe for success. The blame for Milan's current woes belongs to the management, but I think they will fix the problem, because Berlusconi has delivered time and time again for Milan in the past. I think his eyes are being opened by what has transpired in the last month, or at least I hope so.

I love Milan because I believe it is the classiest organization in all of sports. I've never seen a club or team anywhere in the world as dedicated to its players than Milan. It's easy for players to be dedicated to a team, but when a team is dedicated to its players, well that is something special. I read stories about how close Milan's players are to one another, stories from the Milanello, I can't help but be proud that I support such a wonderful team. I've watched teams like Real Madrid and Chelsea spend hundreds of millions this decade and yet not come close to what Milan has accomplished in just 5 years with our "shitty coach and players."

Is Milan struggling? Of course, everyone can see that and no one needs you to explain that to us. Is it time for Ancelotti to move on? Possibly, but I'm not going to insult a man who has brought sensational results to Milan. Are our players struggling? Of course again, anyone can see that, but let me say this: I will not insult the reigning World Player of the Year who helped bring us a Champion's League trophy last year as you do... I will not insult one of the greatest Italian goal scorers of all time who scored both of our goals in the CL final as you do... I will not insult a player who has played an extraordinary amount of games for Milan and Italy since the World Cup in 2006, a player who was instrumental in both Italy's success in the World Cup, and Milan's run to the CL...

All I can think to ask is, how spoiled have you become? Do you expect Milan to dominate from now until the end of time? What Milan has done in the last 5 years, and moreover in the last 20 years we've been the best team in Europe 5 times! Is it really necessary to turn on everyone after 1 year of disappointment? I recognize Milan's struggle, but I'm not going to insult the players and coach that brought me such great joys less than a year ago, and I think such a classy organization deserves a little class from its fans.

Amazing post. Explains exactly how I feel.
:star: