Franck Kessié Thread

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
His face is very oval and his eyes are positioned weird.

faceshapes.jpg

OFFICIAL-Franck-Kessie-Completes-Milan-Transfer.jpg

n6ROf.png

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
something about his face looks odd

Perhaps you mean this weird tingling feeling in under-belt region of your body you get upon seeing it :thumbsup:?

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Can't wait to see this beast in action

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
i see that there is great enthusiasm in anticipation Kessie's performance for us next season and i don't want to rain on that happy parade, but I don't have that optimism at all, As his only quality I see is his physical strength. And seeing the other options out there for the price he was signed, I would have gone on another route.

Ultimately, only time will tell. And I hope I'm wrong.

I must say, I only watched 1 Atalanta game (the most recent vs Milan) and he did good in the second half. Besides that I watched 3 other games with the Côte d'Ivoire national team (I'm Ivorian myself, should be happy to finally have a compatriot here lol). 2 at the afcon earlier this year when his name started to go around because of his scoring and he was getting linked with Chelsea and united during the winter market. And the other game was yesterday in the 2-3 defeat at home vs guinea.
In those only 3 full games of him I watched, if gazetta (or whichever magazine give player ratings after Serie A game) had to rate him, it would be ranging from 4-5.
Lackluster performance, Little involvement, lots of passes to the opponent....
I also read some comment on the 5-0 defeat to the Netherlands and it seemed to be the same.

hopefully His physicality will be well complemented by other players' attributes in that midfield (new signings) to make a full working unit. Shop wisely.

Again, it's only 3 games (with NT), and the answer will be on the field with a Milan jersey.

CS10

Primavera
Reaction score
i see that there is great enthusiasm in anticipation Kessie's performance for us next season and i don't want to rain on that happy parade, but I don't have that optimism at all, As his only quality I see is his physical strength. And seeing the other options out there for the price he was signed, I would have gone on another route.

Ultimately, only time will tell. And I hope I'm wrong.

I must say, I only watched 1 Atalanta game (the most recent vs Milan) and he did good in the second half. Besides that I watched 3 other games with the Côte d'Ivoire national team (I'm Ivorian myself, should be happy to finally have a compatriot here lol). 2 at the afcon earlier this year when his name started to go around because of his scoring and he was getting linked with Chelsea and united during the winter market. And the other game was yesterday in the 2-3 defeat at home vs guinea.
In those only 3 full games of him I watched, if gazetta (or whichever magazine give player ratings after Serie A game) had to rate him, it would be ranging from 4-5.
Lackluster performance, Little involvement, lots of passes to the opponent....
I also read some comment on the 5-0 defeat to the Netherlands and it seemed to be the same.

hopefully His physicality will be well complemented by other players' attributes in that midfield (new signings) to make a full working unit. Shop wisely.

Again, it's only 3 games (with NT), and the answer will be on the field with a Milan jersey.

Even Bailly and Seri was bad with Ivory Coast i will not judge him on that ...

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Even Bailly and Seri was bad with Ivory Coast i will not judge him on that ...

Sure, for a team to lose 5-0 or 2-3 at home to guinea, there has to be collective stinkyness.
The whole team has to perform bad.

As i said, it's just 4 games of him I've watched. And bar ATA-MIL where he had a good second half. It's still most of the times that I watched him, it wasn't good.

I dont follow Seri or Bailly with their clubs either. So the NT is the place I get to see them as well. And they have not had these performances every single game. With little to no involvement.

Hopefully he become he becomes an important piece of the team and proves my concerns wrong.

yaohan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Can someone remind me how good was muntari again?

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kessie? not excited nor disappointed by the deal.

I do not know why he played against Netherlands to be honest. Couple of times when he was chasing other players he was clearly limping.

I have watched him for Atalanta. He is a force to be reckon with offensively however his positioning is questionable as well in his defensive duties.

We can only hope for the best.

Muntari? :fp: Do not remind me about him. He was shit and most people realized how shit he really was when in his last season he was not scoring anymore. Same shit performances minus the goals.

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cassano, Inzaghi, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Sheva, Crespo, Van Bommel, R9
Seems good physically but mentally?

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
We dont seem to have much luck with Africans, but maybe cause we were cheap. :lol: Who was our last great African? KPB doesnt count

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
We dont seem to have much luck with Africans, but maybe cause we were cheap. :lol: Who was our last great African? KPB doesnt count

Weah.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
we had aubameyang but we decided to let him go before he could become good

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Essien

yaohan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Essien long went from the shit to just shit by the time he is at milan.

Too bad, he was beast in his prime.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

nothing to do with africans. we have been getting, in general, cheap players, free players (not the good ones in disputes with their clubs, but the ones relegation clubs don't want to renew) , players with their best days behind them, even players that all the fans know are average on their best days. but somehow Galliani felt like the air at Milanello can turn them into great players.
you can't sign Traore and count on luck, just like Poli.
over the hill Essien and Zaccardo and wish they come good (zaccardo is WC winner but was he even ever good? never followed hime before he came here to showcase his blistering speed)

so with that kind of signings maybe 1 in 20 will come good (decent).

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
over the hill Essien and Zaccardo and wish they come good (zaccardo is WC winner but was he even ever good? never followed hime before he came here to showcase his blistering speed)

so with that kind of signings maybe 1 in 20 will come good (decent).

well zaccardo was the only player to score against buffon in open play in that WC.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
had a feeling he is average. hopefully he proves me wrong but he seems very very limited. All brawn but no brain. hate these type of players.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
had a feeling he is average. hopefully he proves me wrong but he seems very very limited. All brawn but no brain. hate these type of players.

what makes you draw this conclusion?

he positioned well, took the right runs, seemed like he knew what he was doing.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
he's not a dumb player. he is a bit lazy at times tho

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sees a dark skinned player w/ a strong physique he's never watched before = must be all hustle and no brain

Worst types of fans :fp:

Kessie was actually the new addition who's impressed me the most in that first friendly (and media seem to think the same). He was calm and composed, positioned himself well, provided good defensive cover and bullied players when needed & showed how explosive he can be when he wins the ball back and drives it forward. His passing is clean too.

Guys definitely got good feet. We need to make sure we get him into scoring positions as he's got a great shooting technique.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
I dont rate him too high because he isnt as technical as i expected him to be. I am not bashing him, I just dont think he is going to be that great for us. How is he any better than kucka? His skill level is worse that kucka and so is his positioning judging by the games he played for ivory coast. Go watch those games and then come back to me. He is average as hell. He adds nothing apart from his engine, mobility and shooting ability from distance. He isnt anything special from what I have seen. Can he improve ? Yes he can as he is only 20. All I am saying is that he was subpar for ivory coast. go fuck yourself if you think he was good for his national team. He was abysmally piss poor. In the friendlies against fodder teams ofcourse he can look good.

Last edited:

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Sees a dark skinned player w/ a strong physique he's never watched before = must be all hustle and no brain

Worst types of fans :fp:

Kessie was actually the new addition who's impressed me the most in that first friendly (and media seem to think the same). He was calm and composed, positioned himself well, provided good defensive cover and bullied players when needed & showed how explosive he can be when he wins the ball back and drives it forward. His passing is clean too.

Guys definitely got good feet. We need to make sure we get him into scoring positions as he's got a great shooting technique.

Honestly what impresses me the most about him is his velcro first touch. The ball seems to stick to him so well on both feet, and his passing is really good. He just needs to up his hustle from a defensive point of view, which was by main criticism from his Atalanta days, when he seemed to stroll around defensively

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I dont rate him too high because he isnt as technical as i expected him to be. I am not bashing him, I just dont think he is going to be that great for us. How is he any better than kucka? His skill level is worse that kucka and so is his positioning judging by the games he played for ivory coast. Go watch those games and then come back to me. He is average as hell. He adds nothing apart from his engine, mobility and shooting ability from distance. He isnt anything special from what I have seen. Can he improve ? Yes he can as he is only 20. All I am saying is that he was subpar for ivory coast. go fuck yourself if you think he was good for his national team. He was abysmally piss poor. In the friendlies against fodder teams ofcourse he can look good.

I understand that you only watched him in matches with his national team.
if you had watched some atalanta matches last season you would understand why lot of people expect him to perform.
he will play in the role that kucka had in the team but I believe he is an upgrade to kuco.
I'm saying this having watched around 8-9 atalanta games last season and he was impressive in most of them.
a very strong physical player with massive energy. he is good defensively also and he is very calm in possession.
he can be lazy sometimes in his passing but hopefully this will change now he made the step up to his career

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People seem to ignore the fact he's had a fantastic season in Serie B before going to Atalanta

He's definitely molto