Why San Siro is so empty?

BerluBungaBunga

Il Capitano
Reaction score
I didn't knew where to open this thread and i opened it here.

We are Campioni D'Italia and we won the Super Cup and i cant stop asking my self why SAN SIRO is so empty?

It's a shame for Milan FFS!

I mean if i lived in Milano theres no fucking way to stay home and watch the game on TV.

So why our funs there dont go to the stadium?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
40k people at the San Siro..

It also says something about euros. Also, it doesn't answer the OP's question.

Italians seem to care more about Gli Azzuri than their favorite clubs.

The Italian passion for football is overrated. The Germans and Brits manage to be there for their favorite clubs and NT.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Based on what?

The players and managers switch between Milan, Inter and Juve like it's nothing. Also, attendances.

Passion can't be measured by attendance.

Yes it can. It says a lot about the Milanese and Romanese peoples' passion for their favorite clubs when San Siro and Stadio Olimpico are almost always half-empty.

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
I could be wrong but it might be because half our team is injured, we haven't been that great so far, and also our mercato wasn't as amazing as last year and that's what many people were lead to believe it was going to be.

Fiero

Reaction score
The players and managers switch between Milan, Inter and Juve like it's nothing. Also, attendances.

Allegiance is in the heart. Doesn't stop one from doing his job professionally. You and me would coach Inter if given the opportunity and you know it.

And what's with attendances?

Yes it can. It says a lot about the Milanese and Romanese peoples' passion for their favorite clubs when San Siro and Stadio Olimpico are almost always half-empty.

Were you at the stadium?

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I could be wrong but it might be because half our team is injured, we haven't been that great so far, and also our mercato wasn't as amazing as last year and that's what many people were lead to believe it was going to be.

So you are saying all of them are gloryhunters?

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's a combination of the financial situation in Italy and I think calico is yet to recover from calciopoli...

I hate seeing San Siro empty like that.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It is actually simple to me specially this season.
We play shit, boring game and even if I had a seasonal ticket there would some more important priorities than going to the stadium today regardless that i paid for it already.

It is like going to the cinema or watching DVD, concert or CD etc etc etc

We are playing that awful, unatractive football and even today the win wasn't the guarantee. Taking that in perspective along the fact that this was yet again shit game which you could see from a shit visibility seat I would honestly, fully aware of my love for the club go to watch it with my mates in a bar somewhere. As simple as that.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
It also says something about euros. Also, it doesn't answer the OP's question.

Italians seem to care more about Gli Azzuri than their favorite clubs.

The Italian passion for football is overrated. The Germans and Brits manage to be there for their favorite clubs and NT.

Its after tough measures from german and british authorities with regards to the security of the people who come to games. Unlike in italy where its worst situation for families to go and watch football. Germany is best in that respect. Galliani has mentioned this reason many a times along with the shit quality of stadiums.

Economy is really shit in italy, so its harder decision for the italians then it is for germans or in england. (altho in poorer places like wigan etc you can see half empty stadiums) And with the sort of games milan is playing right now, who would want to spend so much on a football match if that was a margin decision for them in terms of money?

Same with england or germany.. where else does bayern sign there players from?.. Sparky a man uutd legend was a coach of City..tottenham,arsenal,chelski have had many transfers amongst them.. tevez went to city from united. Now United and Arsenal have had same coach for 20 ish years so how can one compare there situation with italy.. its like if milan inter had same manager for 20 years.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
It is actually simple to me specially this season.
We play shit, boring game and even if I had a seasonal ticket there would some more important priorities than going to the stadium today regardless that i paid for it already.

It is like going to the cinema or watching DVD, concert or CD etc etc etc

We are playing that awful, unatractive football and even today the win wasn't the guarantee. Taking that in perspective along the fact that this was yet again shit game which you could see from a shit visibility seat I would honestly, fully aware of my love for the club go to watch it with my mates in a bar somewhere. As simple as that.

gloryhunter mentality :o

Regardless of how the team is playing, you still go to the stadium if you have the chance, instead of trying to pass yourself as a real fan by proclaiming you didn't go because of your love for the club

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Stadium attendance and quality of football are unrelated. You don't go to the stadium to watch football anyway.

yes, but you go 10 out 10 even when you are ill or have your woman brithday when the team plays like team - regardless of the glory.

We play with no identity, have great players who play less inspiring than Uk female cricket team.

with this style we represent I make 7 out 10 games which is still fucking high attendance and that is your 30% drop already.

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
So you are saying all of them are gloryhunters?

No, not at all. I'm saying I would probably not go go see my local American Football team (that's what i can relate to in the US) if half of the team was injured AND i knew there would be many, many more home games I could go to, unless of course, I had a season pass, then I would attend every game regardless. And also, maybe it's a way of showing their dissatisfaction of the summer mercato given the whole hyped up Mister X talk etc.

:lol:

I believe he is -unconsciously- communicating that he is a gloryhunter.

?? No. I don't even live in Milan, I was just saying maybe that's the reason. And if i was a glory hunter, I would probably not be on this forum and not rooting for Milan but probably Barcelona, whom I hate.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
gloryhunter mentality :o

Regardless of how the team is playing, you still go to the stadium if you have the chance, instead of trying to pass yourself as a real fan by proclaiming you didn't go because of your love for the club

nonsense working only in theory.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
You don't go to the stadium to watch. What part of this is hard to grasp? Quality of football is unrelated.

because you say so?
have you heard any loud support from San Siro last years?

Do you follow your rule? I am sure not.
Do you go at all? I actually do. Wouldn't be surprised actually if more often than you.
It is really easy to preach in front of the computer and watch pirate sport channels in internet and critisize low attendance.

Last edited:

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
if i lived in Milan, i would go to every game... but i think i make up for it by waking up at 4:30 am every morning to watch us play... regardless of form or opponent.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
It's simple. The San Siro is empty because there are not enough fans attending to make it look full.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
It's simple. The San Siro is empty because there are not enough fans attending to make it look full.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Omg, why didnt I think of that???

:lol::D

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Because of internet ultras.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Because of internet ultras.

internet-serious-business-cat.jpg

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
1. finance - italy is in shit
2. after calciopolli even italians dont give shit about clacio :lol:
3. jube are back so no point in paying heavy money to watch soap operas

cant we reduce our tickets according to the games?

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
I mean really, what is wrong with you guys? Am I missing something?? Or is it really that simple?

I was just messing :D

And your right, pointless question and thread...

milanista1899

Solo Milan
Reaction score
1. finance - italy is in shit
2. after calciopolli even italians dont give shit about clacio :lol:
3. jube are back so no point in paying heavy money to watch soap operas

cant we reduce our tickets according to the games?

Ashish,i think the tickets are cheaper compared to england and spain..

The financial crisis could be a real reason..Italy is in a very bad position..

Schedule