fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
My line-up would be:

Donnarumma

Calabria - Musacchio - Romagnoli - Rodriguez

Kessie - Biglia - Bonaventura

Castillejo - Higuain - Calhanoglu

(i put Castillejo in because we need some speed)

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Would like to see Caldara, Laxalt and Samu in the starting lineup, but as I said before I can see the virtues of bringing on Laxalt and Samu to inject pace once Cagliari tire.

I think likely the same team that lined up against Roma will take to the field against Cagliari before a heavily rotated side will go up against Dudelange.

7 matches in 3 weeks so there will be lots of minutes to go around. I hope all the players coming in do well and give Rino a good type of headache.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
id also like to see C33 start but M22 is doing really well

Good news tho! we may see caldara-roma start for italy tonight

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Musa and Romagnoli need games to build up their partnership. As much as I want Caldara to play, for the good of the team, Gattuso should just play Musa-Romagnoli. If they already have chemistry between them, Gattuso could then introduce Caldara to play with one of the starting CBs.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
id also like to see C33 start but M22 is doing really well

Good news tho! we may see caldara-roma start for italy tonight

Nice. Looking forward to that.

Musa and Romagnoli need games to build up their partnership. As much as I want Caldara to play, for the good of the team, Gattuso should just play Musa-Romagnoli. If they already have chemistry between them, Gattuso could then introduce Caldara to play with one of the starting CBs.

It's nice to have 3 really good players for two spots and it's great to have the luxury to be able to gently introduce Caldara to the team and to playing in a back 4. Agree that Musa has done fairly well and that partnerships need time to gel.

I hope Caldara doesn't get frustrated by lack of playing time, but again there are 7 matches in 3 weeks so I'm sure he will get some playing time, perhaps in both the EL matches. Interesting to see how Gattuso will shuffle the pack.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
It's nice to have 3 really good players for two spots and it's great to have the luxury to be able to gently introduce Caldara to the team and to playing in a back 4. Agree that Musa has done fairly well and that partnerships need time to gel.

I hope Caldara doesn't get frustrated by lack of playing time, but again there are 7 matches in 3 weeks so I'm sure he will get some playing time, perhaps in both the EL matches. Interesting to see how Gattuso will shuffle the pack.

During pre season, Rino said that we’ll see a lot of Mussachio. So assume he’ll keep his word.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Nice. Looking forward to that.

During pre season, Rino said that we’ll see a lot of Mussachio. So assume he’ll keep his word.

Caldara will get games, I am quite convinced about it. Musacchio is a not yet a proven Serie A CB but still he is more exprienced than Caldara. Caldara should just wait his time, he will get his chance. I do think, Gattuso chooses Musa over Caldara because Gattuso might want to get the best from Musacchio. In addition, Musacchio is also good with the ball to manage possesion at the back. IMO our coach just wants to have 3 reliable CB at his disposal. Caldara have already two full seasons playing in Serie A with Atalanta while Musa still has limited Serie A games played.

I hope Romagnoli will start with Caldara tonight. We could see how they perform in official game. One game should not affect Gattuso's choice on starting CBs but he could take note if the young Italian combo do well vs Portugal.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Dollar

Calabria - Caldara - Romagnoli - Rodriguez

Suso - Higuain - Calhanoglu

too easy game

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I dont wanna see Caldara start as of yet. Did not look match ready yesterday. Not sure if he was only nervous

In the EL sure

Last edited:

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Caldara will get games, I am quite convinced about it. Musacchio is a not yet a proven Serie A CB but still he is more exprienced than Caldara. Caldara should just wait his time, he will get his chance. I do think, Gattuso chooses Musa over Caldara because Gattuso might want to get the best from Musacchio. In addition, Musacchio is also good with the ball to manage possesion at the back. IMO our coach just wants to have 3 reliable CB at his disposal. Caldara have already two full seasons playing in Serie A with Atalanta while Musa still has limited Serie A games played.

I hope Romagnoli will start with Caldara tonight. We could see how they perform in official game. One game should not affect Gattuso's choice on starting CBs but he could take note if the young Italian combo do well vs Portugal.

I dont wanna see Caldara start as of yet. Did not look match ready yesterday. Not sure if he was only nervous

In the EL sure

Indeed lads. I think after last night it's settled that Caldara for EL matches first to get his match fitness back and Musacchio/Ale for the league matches. I think it was great that he started a competitive match alongside Ale but it is clear that he will need some more time.

Nice that we have a good alternative in Musacchio. Imagine Caldara thrown in at the deep end against Napoli and Roma and the fans getting on his back. Some people get past it but quite a few get buried.

Last edited:

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
My line-up would be:

Donnarumma

Calabria - Musacchio - Romagnoli - Rodriguez

Castillejo - Higuain - Calhanoglu

(i put Castillejo in because we need some speed)

I don’t think this is a game where Castillejo should start, speed is going to be a non factor early in this game as they will sit deep. Suso is the better option to start this game imo, if we score in the first half they’ll have to chase the game and then Laxalt/Castillejo can come on while they’re tiring and with open space.

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
People need to realize there are no easy games for us, we need to be committed and switched on every second, Thankfully Gattuso knows we need to work hard to get results.

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
Int. break is ovaaaaa! How are yaa?
5831cd3005d6e8fe62c0c86e888b2e8a.jpg

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Initial diagnosis has showed Cutrone suffered a slight knock to his left ankle and will undergo a medical check once he returns to Milano. However, his injury is minor and he should be available for Milan’s next game against Cagliari [Sky]

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Initial diagnosis has showed Cutrone suffered a slight knock to his left ankle and will undergo a medical check once he returns to Milano. However, his injury is minor and he should be available for Milan’s next game against Cagliari [Sky]
Great news.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

without cutrone we lack a plan B for when we need a goal, we need another striker as back up tbh, even if it is someone shite like lapadula

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
frank tsadjout

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
That

Was the

Worst

Week

Of

My

Life!

OFMYLAYFFF!

I’m glad there are others in this forum who also love Billy Sweet 'Stache.
9f74bc237917ef25680b08e1095cfcce.jpg

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
during primavera matches the commentators usually call him "ta-shoe/sa-shoe"

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Expecting a world class performance by Donnarumma as always

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

CUTRONE WON'T BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS WEEK-END - Rino Gattuso's team received "bad news" today according to Sportmediaset as Patrick Cutrone will finally have to skip this week-end's rossoneri game against Cagliari. Cutrone ended up getting a small sprain in his left ankle as he will have to take a bit of time off. It isn't anything serious but he will have to stay away from the pitch for a few days to recuperate well.

:cry: well, better not risk it. Hope he recovers in time to start against Dudelange.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We will probably see Borini late in the second half either way.

If we're up Borini will come in to give Higuain a few minutes break.

If we need a goal I can see Rino bringing in the speedsters on the left, then later Borini alongside Higuain same as Cutrone against Roma.

Would be nice to see Tsadjout for the last 5 mins instead if we are up by a couple of goals.

Last edited:

Schedule