Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
he is fast :eek: but i still think he is no fb

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
hard-working, fast fast,:eek::star: We have some other guys that can run with him too.

Flamini???????

Last edited:

Pato#1

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pato, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Ronaldo
Flamini+Abate is a good example...great work by Abate in this game.

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
He is a mediocre player, not good enough to start for the team in his normal position of right wing, let alone at full-back where his defensive inadequacies will be highlighted.
he is anything but a mediocre player, he has a massive amount of potential

"not good enough to start" you're kidding right? He doesn't start because Leo doesn't have faith in youth, not because he isn't good enough. He should start and most of this forum would agree that we want to see him start

acmf2002

AcMILANforEver<3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we will see , not now hide it
galliani : abate will be the new cafu

then he mean abate will be RightBack always great news :D

can't wait ac milan vs udinese

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
Abate is the best temporary solution to Milan full back problems but in the long term we should seek another alternative Abate is too aggressive to be defender he spent most of his time in the Bolonga game in the opposition final 3rd it was sheer madness.

whatever happens it looks like oddo and dida time at Milan is coming to a end all Galliani has to do is find a club crazy enough to buy these players.

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

"not good enough to start" you're kidding right? He doesn't start because Leo doesn't have faith in youth, not because he isn't good enough. He should start and most of this forum would agree that we want to see him start

No I'm not kidding. I've seen him play lots of times. I don't think you have, because you wouldn't be saying he is good enough otherwise. Most of this forum haven't seen him play either.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

exaggeration-1.png

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi; Baresi; Van basten; Maldini; Buffon
Hope he'll continue doing well!

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
He's a good player, obviously not as good as many make out, but he can only improve and with the right amount of work rate put in and practice he can own that RB slot.

From what I've seen against Bologna, hes better defensively than Antonini who many here actually think is a good fullback when in fact is simply decent at best.

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
only thing that needs to be said is:

he is better than Oddo

Milanista4life

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
T.Silva,PATO,Nesta,Dzeko
AC Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani: Ignazio Abate Is The New Cafu

Galliani believes the Milan, and Italy Under-21 star can emulate the Brazilian legend ...
AC Milan have found the 'new Marcos Cafu' in Ignazio Abate, according to vice-president Adriano Galliani.

Abate was one of the protagonists during the 1-0 win over Bologna, and Galliani feels he can emulate the two-time Brazilian World Cup winner.

"Ignazio will be the new Cafu," the chief is quoted as saying on Tuttomercatoweb.com.

Galliani's comments have led to speculation which suggests the winger will be used in a right-back position with Gianluca Zambrotta moving over to the left.

Voices also claim the Rossoneri's plans for a right-sided, defensive minded player have been shelved given Abate's explosion. Although the player's natural position is more advanced, he could adapt to play deeper in defence.

P.S.
From midfield to right-back.Leo must train him for this role.
ForZZa ABATE.

Last edited:

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
He's a good player, obviously not as good as many make out, but he can only improve and with the right amount of work rate put in and practice he can own that RB slot.

People are confusing being amazing and having the potential to be amazing, which is what Abate has. If he keeps getting play time and experience he has the potential to be a star

@Az. you really don't see the potential in the way he plays? How hard he always runs and the skill he already has?

Milanista4life

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
T.Silva,PATO,Nesta,Dzeko
AC Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani: Ignazio Abate Is The New Cafu

Galliani believes the Milan, and Italy Under-21 star can emulate the Brazilian legend ...
AC Milan have found the 'new Marcos Cafu' in Ignazio Abate, according to vice-president Adriano Galliani.

Abate was one of the protagonists during the 1-0 win over Bologna, and Galliani feels he can emulate the two-time Brazilian World Cup winner.

"Ignazio will be the new Cafu," the chief is quoted as saying on Tuttomercatoweb.com.

Galliani's comments have led to speculation which suggests the winger will be used in a right-back position with Gianluca Zambrotta moving over to the left.

Voices also claim the Rossoneri's plans for a right-sided, defensive minded player have been shelved given Abate's explosion. Although the player's natural position is more advanced, he could adapt to play deeper in defence.

P.S.
From midfield to right-back.Leo must train him for this role.
ForZZa ABATE.

But I hear that Despite the solid performances of Ignazio Abate, Milan are still looking to sign a new player in the right-back role.
it can be Alisson Veloso Ricardo or Rafinha

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
he is a right winger not a fullback, god we need a full back , this kid can help us to revitalise our old and slow midfield.

ambros days are over in starting xi and gattuso should be used in big games, like in cl where we need pure destroyer

dream signings :D

---------hernanes-----------

--flamni---hamsik-----abate ---

:D pirlo sitting in chelsea bench

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
If Abate is a smart guy.. he will ask Leo to let him play as right-back every game... he could get a place in NT for the WC as Right-back.

In the midfield i dont see a spot for him in the midfield.

Flamini can't move to the right-back cos he will lose his spot in the midfield of the NT.

:)

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
But I hear that Despite the solid performances of Ignazio Abate, Milan are still looking to sign a new player in the right-back role.
it can be Alisson Veloso Ricardo or Rafinha

this is because Milan's management are retards. We should give Abate half a season to a full season to see if he can be a solid RB. Don't bash him if he has a bad game or two, but lets see how he does over the course of the season and we'll see if he shows promise (lets not make another Gourcuff mistake). If he does, than we should keep the faith in him seeing as he's our own youth product for fucks sake!! Then we can just search for a LB. If Abate pans out, he could be exactly what we've been looking for... a young, youth product who has immense promise. And, if he doesn't pan out, then we can search for a RB and try him in midfield. I get so sick of people saying where he can play and where he can't play... its disgusting... its not like when somebody is born they can only play 1 position... Personally, I think that us giving Abate fair chance (half a season to a season worth of games) is really a good litmus test as to the direction our management will go... we will either give the kid a chance and put faith in our youth, or we will not, and just look elsewhere. Hopefully, Abate plays as well as he did vs. Bologna where literally nobody got by him and he becomes our RB... I kind of see him as being a Dani Alves-esque player. More attack minded... then, we can have a more defensive left back to balance our back 4... hopefully it pans out.

EDIT: I was really happy with Leo for running both Hunt and Abate from the start... I was starting to doubt that he would change from the old regime, but he's done well... he's shown the guts to start the unproven young guy and the new unadapted striker to give them time to work into the system. also, he has completely dumbfounded me and not played dinho and played seedorf(personally I think pirlo should be there and seedorf back in midfield bc Clarence can actually use some strength to defend, but Clarence's cohesion with the team is always amazing and great to see). IMO, I think we definitely need an AM BADLY(.... cassano??? :)), but it is so apparent that Seedorf is 5x the player dinho is at Milan. Dinho used to be the world best, but he's past it and he's just trying to prove something to himself now and make good shows for the fans... Clarence always gives his all for the team, he truly loves Milan, and although I've bashed him for the past 2 seasons for his laziness, he has shown his true class in the past few games and shown that he truly is a living legend. TBH, the only thing Ronaldinho has been good for here at Milan is giving Seedorf a reason to try, and its helping us out. Keep it up Leo, remember this is your squad, not Berlu's.

Last edited:

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
domenech hates him.

if so.. he wouldn't have call him as first option for euro last year.

The point is.. his only chance to go to WC is playing in the middle.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I could be wrong.. but when viera get injury before euro.
Who was call up for his place.

You understand that his chances in NT team is in the midfield ?
Fighting with Alou and Diaby for one spot.

That spot that i talking about.. if he moves to FB he lose that spot.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
flamini was on initial roster called up for euros but he didn't make the actual squad...It's kind of a sham he doesn't BUT he isn't a starter either way, Diarra is better going forward and defending but its ridiculous domenech calls up players like makelele and viera who r soo past it (as great as they were)

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I really really fail to understand Viera being called up by Domenech, I think Makelele is still playing at least, but Viera is very much in the bench.