The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Avg 54k. 13th highest in the world.
Total capacity: 70-75k(they've closed down some sections at times)

It's a lot, considering the circumstances. A huge improvement from 2012-2016. Back then, I used to make jokes about a 2/3 empty San Siro too.

Real Madrid 2018-2019
Avg: 60k
Capacity: 81k

Barcelona 2017-2018
Avg: 65k
Capacity: 99k

:thumbsup:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I find it sadly funny that it was pretty much at the same time last season that the decisive break happened in Gattuso's relationship with Leo and Maldini. After the derby, they had that confrontation and Rino decided to walk away at the end of the season.

Now same time this season, it looks like the decisive break has happened between Gazidis and Maldini. After Maldini's comments to SKY in the mixed zone, particularly considering they came a day after Gazidis' PR interview to Gazzetta, it doesn't look like bridges can be mended again.

So UNLESS Elliott finds a buyer by June, it looks likely that Rangnick is the man for next season.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You're implying that those 4 games were the only games refereed wrong by saying Milan would make it to the CL. Maybe Torino had 10 missed penalties and they should have been in CL? Also, the Piatek penalty vs. Samp was the exact same call as the penalty vs. Fiorentina, but everyone is (rightfully) saying that penalty call was wrong. Murru got the ball just like Romagnoli did. Also, against Chievo Piatek scissor kicked another player and the goal counted when it should have been disallowed. Other teams would possibly have more points too. Atalanta got burned by refs throughout the season, Fiorentina got a non-existent penalty against Inter after 101 minutes, etc.

Our case and Torino's have nothing in common. We were a point away or 2 (depending on the game we review) away from UCL. We literally needed 1 good call - no penalty for printer or penalty against Suso... Torino may have had 10 penalties not whistled, but they were never close to UCL.

The goal against Chievo is legit.

Yes, Murru got the ball, but so did Romagnoli. And what happened? We got fucked. This is what happened. That's why it is important to raise voice and at least try to do something. Being silent means we accept the situation which is not right

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just read somewhere that they are thinking of playing the next round behind closed doors :fp: Imagine having sold tickets worth 2 m and having to refund them :lol:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Just read somewhere that they are thinking of playing the next round behind closed doors :fp: Imagine having sold tickets worth 2 m and having to refund them :lol:

> refund 2m in tickets to fans
> risk spread of what seems a highly infectious disease

pick one

I'm sure the fans would be happy to be refunded and watch it from home on TV.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I find it sadly funny that it was pretty much at the same time last season that the decisive break happened in Gattuso's relationship with Leo and Maldini. After the derby, they had that confrontation and Rino decided to walk away at the end of the season.

Now same time this season, it looks like the decisive break has happened between Gazidis and Maldini. After Maldini's comments to SKY in the mixed zone, particularly considering they came a day after Gazidis' PR interview to Gazzetta, it doesn't look like bridges can be mended again.

So UNLESS Elliott finds a buyer by June, it looks likely that Rangnick is the man for next season.

Don’t think Elliot are even close to selling. I don’t think they mind holding to Milan until a reasonable offer comes along. I’m sure there are offers that will get them a decent profit. They got it Milan for like 200 mil. Not even as some of the loan was paid off by Li. So they paid under 200 mil and then spent around 200 million for the other debt and cash injections etc. So a buyer above 500 million isn’t the worst thing, but I think they see an opportunity, imagine a property like Milan is handed to you at way under the market value. It’s a once in lifetime deal for most business men.

I think Elliot aren’t so bad. I like that they think like business men. Which will lead to a strong financial Milan. We don’t need Commisiono type owners. Berlusconi type who is fine with hiring his daughter. Results should determine whether you stay or not. Not nostalgia, which is how we got stuck in the first place. This isn’t the old Milan and because of that fact, it should not run like the old Milan the sooner people realize that the better. We had Arab money levels of money before. Those things don’t last, as seen.

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

pick one

I think Milan may get reimbursed from the state as well seeing as they are forced to do this.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score

pick one

This decision is not up to the club, so there is nothing to pick.

It's just bad for the club to lose some big money. Not playing in front of the fans, is going to change absolutely nothing. People are still going out and the Fashion week is still on.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
clubs can play fans chants (and other things) from sound systems on stadiums :o
if there is no fans.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
clubs can play fans chants (and other things) from sound systems on stadiums :o
if there is no fans.

they should play each other in FIFA (videogame)
Our chances to get into CL will be higher. We can call out Suso (or is he more a fortnight guy?)

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
I just saw Hakan vs Viola on youtube... my god... like Monthy Python... he cant play croatian league!

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
they should play each other in FIFA (videogame)
Our chances to get into CL will be higher. We can call out Suso (or is he more a fortnight guy?)

:lol::lol: No VAR in that game to fuck us over.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
If this team can add 3, 4 quality parts and keep Ibra we may actually see a good Milan next year. But mentally they are so far behind its incredible.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
do people know that many die from other less trendy flus that are also highly contagious?

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
what is % of deaths from infected by flue??
more funny is how politician deal with the problems this days :lol:

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
We need a lockout in Serie A, just cancel the season, hard reset, maybe we'll get closer to 4th with current team :lol:

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
what is % of deaths from infected by flue??
more funny is how politician deal with the problems this days :lol:

Except that this is a very infectious disease and there's been outbreaks (yes, PLURAL) in many part of the world.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
do people know that many die from other less trendy flus that are also highly contagious?

Except this is even more contagious with a higher mortality rate than your standard influenza.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
(ANSA) - Si' alle gare sportive a porte chiuse, nei territori interessati dalla diffusione del coronavirus: il ministro dello sport, Vincenzo Spadafora, ha annunciato che e' in via di ultimazione il decreto del governo che lo consente. @AntoVitiello

Lega Serie A has been given the go ahead to hold sporting events behind closed doors in the territories with high coronavirus diffusion.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Except this is even more contagious with a higher mortality rate than your standard influenza.

I'm not an expert, but I'd like to see the stats for other flus in china and the number of deaths.

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
(ANSA) - Si' alle gare sportive a porte chiuse, nei territori interessati dalla diffusione del coronavirus: il ministro dello sport, Vincenzo Spadafora, ha annunciato che e' in via di ultimazione il decreto del governo che lo consente. @AntoVitiello

Lega Serie A has been given the go ahead to hold sporting events behind closed doors in the territories with high coronavirus diffusion.

hopefully the players wear masks during the games

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I'm not an expert, but I'd like to see the stats for other flus in china and the number of deaths.

Look up it, the info is out there. SARS/MERS are it's closest relatives in terms of viruses. It's good to see precautions are being taken by the government, even if it impacts fans from seeing the game at San Siro -- it's gotten worse today alone in Italy and likely to keep that trend for a while longer.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Look up it, the info is out there. SARS/MERS are it's closest relatives in terms of viruses. It's good to see precautions are being taken by the government, even if it impacts fans from seeing the game at San Siro -- it's gotten worse today alone in Italy and likely to keep that trend for a while longer.
It's weird to envision how this will multiply over the next year or so.

Without a real vaccine we will see this thing snowballing into a real issue. It may only be a strong flu, but in todays sensationalism fear driven media world this is likely to continue being a large talking point internationally - and a likely catalyst for many weird changes/restrictions until a cure can be found.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Is this flu as world ending as some make it to be? No, but you cant tell me the most important or second most important global economy got shut down over a "flu".

The flu was a fucking serious disease, but we have countered it over the many years thats why people think its normal.

Here we are talking about year 0, with a contagius rate where 1 person infected a whole cruise ship or even spread it out to hundres of people like S.Korea, which flu does that?

These are first world countries imagine Africa, eastern europe or latin America.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Of course.

Avg 54k. 13th highest in the world.
Total capacity: 70-75k(they've closed down some sections at times)

It's a lot, considering the circumstances. A huge improvement from 2012-2016. Back then, I used to make jokes about a 2/3 empty San Siro too.

I am talking about empty stadiums and not average attendances.

So it's more (average attendance / capacity) or (capacity - average attendance. )

What's this ratio for serie A ?

Not very good I guess when teams like Roma Lazio and Napoli barely hit 50 percent. :o

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
It's weird to envision how this will multiply over the next year or so.

Without a real vaccine we will see this thing snowballing into a real issue. It may only be a strong flu, but in todays sensationalism fear driven media world this is likely to continue being a large talking point internationally - and a likely catalyst for many weird changes/restrictions until a cure can be found.

There are fears it'll see into next year as a vaccine estimate is 18 months away at least. It's worse than a flu in terms of causing pneumonia and other respiratory conditions in more severe cases at a higher rate than influenza. A major concern is how asymptomatic people can still spread it which has happened and will continue to.

I agree with the fear-driven media aspect, scares me just reading it with no cases where I am living given how they portray it.

Is this flu as world ending as some make it to be? No, but you cant tell me the most important or second most important global economy got shut down over a "flu".

The flu was a fucking serious disease, but we have countered it over the many years thats why people think its normal.

Here we are talking about year 0, with a contagius rate where 1 person infected a whole cruise ship or even spread it out to hundres of people like S.Korea, which flu does that?

These are first world countries imagine Africa, eastern europe or latin America.

It's not just a "flu" though, and it's spreading like wildfire compared to a flu to the point isolation is the main measure against it, and quarantine of entire areas. I'd rather football matches (in 100% affected areas) be behind closed doors for the safety of both the fans and players. I'm sure they'll still be televised.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's not just a "flu" though, and it's spreading like wildfire compared to a flu to the point isolation is the main measure against it, and quarantine of entire areas. I'd rather football matches (in 100% affected areas) be behind closed doors for the safety of both the fans and players. I'm sure they'll still be televised.

Agreed. It's irritating but a small price to pay to avoid massive health risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule