Andrea Bertolacci Thread

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
Left foot playmaker,im sold

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Not even Top 30 midfielder in Serie A, and for 20m.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
I'd say patience is needed. It's different playing for Genoa and different playing for Milan. People ridiculed also Sturaro when he went to Juventus, than he bosses a game against Real Madrid and all of them becoming cheerleaders.

Bertolacci is not a done deal, he provides solidity in midfield and the fact that he can play both midfield and AM means that he can help connect the two parts or even switch positions (allowing us to change formations from a 4-3-1-2 to a 4-3-2-1 if we trying to hold to a lead, or a 4-2-3-1 ).

Is he worth 20 million. Maybe not, but is a step in the right direction ... plus instead of continuing rebuilding after the 3rd place in 2013 we went way backwards so now we have to pay a penalty for the stupid mistakes we've done.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The thing with the 20M is the expectation.

That's price of a sure starter. A guy who need to play every game and make the CM his own. Anything less, even if he's useful or good somehow, will make this a bad deal

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
The thing with the 20M is the expectation.

That's price of a sure starter. A guy who need to play every game and make the CM his own. Anything less, even if he's useful or good somehow, will make this a bad deal

The way that I see it is that Juventus spent 11 mill for Sturaro, and Sturaro wasn't considered as highly at Genoa. Granted Bertolacci is two years older, and despite what Roma claims (that they spent 8.5 mill for him) we can't know for certain how much went for Bertolacci and how much for Iago Falque (16.5 mil total)

Still I think Roma valuation was between 13-15 mill for Bertolacci but that was also tied to the fact that he was a homegrown player.

I personally like him, in some aspects he reminds me of Marchisio (a no nonsense type of player). The fact that he's a Milan fan makes this better (though nowadays everyone is a fan of the club where they're going so needs to be taken with a bit of salt)

We'll see though there's always a gamble ... sometimes you can buy a player coming from a great season and have him choke (Iturbe, Jorginho) or you can buy a player with no expectations and get out of them their best season (Nocerino, Boateng, Constant, Gervinho).

Mihajlovic will be a key factor in how the team plays and how the players evolve, can't wait to see how the friendlies develop.

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson

Quite a nice compilation

im melting right now............

Witsel--Bertolacci--Montolivo

with witsel and Montolivo handling defensive duties, bertolacci can express his creativity/dribbling more :eek:

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
just saw the whoscored rating... his defensive contribution is STRONG. :eek:

perfect B2B,

no #1 Bandwagon

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Good luck, hope you make a big impact. I have faith that he may elevate his game here a lot, he seems like the type of player that thrives under pressure.

With the right coach, he might even look word class ala what Wenger did with players trough their careers at Arsenal.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
He better bring up his game since we are paying twice what he is worth.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Benvenuto! Hopefully he will carry on the proud tradition of the name Andrea in Milan.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Welcome!

Officialmo in a few more hours once medicals are done.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
We're probably overpaying for him, but other than that can't complain about this signing. He's at the perfect age to make the switch to a bigger club. Serie A proven, won't take too long to adjust.

Our midfield is far from perfect. But this is a step in the right direction. I still have faith in Monto, our midfield could turn out to be really solid next season if we can sign one quality midfielder.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am not to keen on signing him however I think he would be a somewhat nice addition. IMO, he has reached his ceiling already. Slightly similar to Jack but not as good as Jack.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
the expectations are going to be to high because of the 20m

but he's a good player and I hope he'll get even better under us

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Welcome to Milan!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
He better bring up his game since we are paying twice what he is worth.

Not really, we are only paying some 5 millions above his actual price. This is not the 2000's, players fees have changed since Man City ruined the market for everybody else.

A player of his quality easily goes for 14-15 millions these days.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Welcome Bertolacci! All the best and I'm sure you will positively surprise a lot of people!

CIqXIfbWIAAlwxB.png

A quote from 2013

@Milanello 18 Feb 2013
Andrea Bertolacci: "I supported Milan when I was a kid."

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
if that's true, i like that......all players seem to like support milan since they were a kid when they join us

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Welcome to milan champ

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
Finally a sign, i like him
Hope his performance match the price tag

Welcome bertolacci!!!!!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Future captain

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Welcome Bertolacci. i really think he will deliver and surprise us all positively.

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
Welcome Bertolacci! All the best and I'm sure you will positively surprise a lot of people!

CIqXIfbWIAAlwxB.png

A quote from 2013

Pls bring back respect to the name "Andrea" which boli has destroyed :proud:

Welcome Andrea Bertolacci. Nothing better than a skillful italian midfielder. Predicting you will make your way onto my fav players list someday :)

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm going to jump the gun on this one and hope his medicals are all fine. Official!