Not open for further replies.

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
For the new season, I will make 3 games:

1- Totocalcio League
2- Totocalcio Cup
3- European Championship

More deatils of the games will be announced later, with clear rules and guidelines :)

I hope all the members will participate, also in shaa Allah, some members from Devilsmania will also come to play :D

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
hm... i'm not really sure what do you mean by that.
if you are talking about serie A prediction league, there will be the official one ran by seamus and myself. that's why we are appointed as moderators of this forum. and we'll make sure we include cup and CL as well.
i hope we understood each other. if not, feel free to clarify what you meant :)

scharatz

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
How is your game?
My game is quite different
It is similar to the Totocalcio Schedina..

The idea of this game is mine. PURELY MINE!

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
it's not really a "game". it's the same as in other football forums. we will make threads about upcoming weeks and people will "have their say". and at the end of the week's games, we will sum up all the results and update the "results" thread (which will be posted as "sticky")

so not really a game. it's a real thing :smileani:

scharatz

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can just generally explain us how are those prediction leagues that you've stated their names work Rossoneri, then you might as well run them. Thing is that if one of those are similar to the prediction game that scharatz and Seamus will run, then there is no point in running it, as scharatz and Seamus will already take care of that.

Regards,
David

Reaction score
I don't know how is the Prediction Games of scharatz and Seamus. But I think mine would be different:

The idea basically is like this:
Every week, there will be an Schedina (Same Schedina in Italy) which includes 13 matches. Probably 8 matches (or 9) from Serie A, 2 from Serie B & 2 from Serie C1.
The players will have to put their guesses for each match.

For example, let's say:
Milan - Modena.................... Answers should be (1, 2 or X)

1 means a home win
2 means an away win
X means a draw

As I already stated, there are 13 matches in each Schedina. So, each week, you can have THREE double guesses.
This means, in three of the 13 matches, you are allowed to use two guesses, instead of one.

For example:
Milan - Modena...............1X

This means your guess is either a win for Milan or a draw. You can use the double guesses only 3 times each week.

This is regarding the first game (Totocalcio League).

So, each week, the players points will be added (There is some special rules for the point as well, these will be explained later)

For the Cup:
The same Schedina is used (I mean with the 13 matches), but different players will play against different players (I mean by players, members).

For example:
Rossoneri Vs David :D
We check who scored more goals (Of course it will be two legs, with taking in consideration the home and away match [to be explained later]). So, the player who wins will go through, and the player who lose will go out. But at the beginning, there will be the group stages (Similar to CL).

And regarding the European Championship:
This will include three tournaments:
1- CL.
2- UEFA Cup.
3- Coppa Italia.

The Schedina of each game will be published (By me) and each player will have to put their guesses (Same either 1 or 2 or X). The number of the double guesses in this game will depend on the number of matches.

So, this is breifly, about the planned games that I thought of doing.

Of course, we can play these games, as well as the games of scharatz and Seamus.

OK? :)

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I don't know how is the Prediction Games of scharatz and Seamus. But I think mine would be different:

The idea basically is like this:
Every week, there will be an Schedina (Same Schedina in Italy) which includes 13 matches. Probably 8 matches (or 9) from Serie A, 2 from Serie B & 2 from Serie C1.
The players will have to put their guesses for each match.

For example, let's say:
Milan - Modena.................... Answers should be (1, 2 or X)

1 means a home win
2 means an away win
X means a draw

As I already stated, there are 13 matches in each Schedina. So, each week, you can have THREE double guesses.
This means, in three of the 13 matches, you are allowed to use two guesses, instead of one.

For example:
Milan - Modena...............1X

This means your guess is either a win for Milan or a draw. You can use the double guesses only 3 times each week.

This is regarding the first game (Totocalcio League).

So, each week, the players points will be added (There is some special rules for the point as well, these will be explained later)

For the Cup:
The same Schedina is used (I mean with the 13 matches), but different players will play against different players (I mean by players, members).

For example:
Rossoneri Vs David :D
We check who scored more goals (Of course it will be two legs, with taking in consideration the home and away match [to be explained later]). So, the player who wins will go through, and the player who lose will go out. But at the beginning, there will be the group stages (Similar to CL).

And regarding the European Championship:
This will include three tournaments:
1- CL.
2- UEFA Cup.
3- Coppa Italia.

The Schedina of each game will be published (By me) and each player will have to put their guesses (Same either 1 or 2 or X). The number of the double guesses in this game will depend on the number of matches.

So, this is breifly, about the planned games that I thought of doing.

Of course, we can play these games, as well as the games of scharatz and Seamus.

OK? :)

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rossoneri: I assume you weren't logged in or something or the cookies screwed up. And I forgot to set the permissions of the forums so that guests won't be allowed to post. :o

I guess those games are pretty different. I'm waiting for Seamus and scharatz to post their thoughts about it. ;) And by the way, only the official game - Serie A Prediction League [SAPL] will have a prize, given by Seamus, that will probably be announced in a couple of days. ;)

Thing is that we must organize ourselves so that people will easily detect the threads for each prediction league. So it would be better if you could concisely write down some rules for each league you run and choose a header for the headline of each thread of each prediction league. For example, Serie A Prediction League threads will look like: "[SAPL] - name here". You know what I mean.

Regards,
David

P.S.: I'm looking forward for hearing Seamus' and scharatz's point of views. Should we actually make subforums for each league or threads will do?

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
OK, David, I'm glad that my games will be played :)

But I just want to clarify one thing:
For the first two games : Totocalcio League & Totocalcio Cup, both will be in one thread. I did this style in the Devilsmania forum, and it was very successful and clear in this way, so I would continue with that.

For the European Championship (Which includes CL, UEFA & Coppa Italia), I would use a different thread :)

So, basically, I would need only two threads:
- TL&TC - Totocalcio League & Totocalcio Cup 2002/2003.
- EC - European Championship 2002/2003.

Also, the premilinary rounds will not be included. I mean the CL will start from the group stages.

Oh, and there will be a prize for the official game? :cool:

Well, I can put three prizes for my games as well :D I mean from my own pocket of course ;) Just to make the forum more popular :)

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Also, about the Totocalcio League & Cup, the Schedina will be for the matches on Sunday ONLY. This is the way things are in Italy, I mean the weekly Schedina is only for Sunday matches. Sometimes, the Schedina will have more Serie B games and so on. It is much fun.

Just wanted to clarify that my Schedina will not include the Saturday matches.

Also, the players are allowed to submit their entries till the start of the match, i.e, 3:00 pm in Italian time.

But for the UEFA matches, the timing would be different. After all, it is early to explain all the rules now :tongue:

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
David said:
P.S.: I'm looking forward for hearing Seamus' and scharatz's point of views. Should we actually make subforums for each league or threads will do?

i said what i think already.
the difference between 2 games is not significant and i don't see the point of haveing 2 almost the same games. the difference is only in counting points.
it would be better if we make one game that everybody would agree with. and i think threads would do. we don't need subforums for few resons:
1st, it's hard to navigate and find what you want
2nd, threads are enough because we won't have a thread for every game but for every week. same goes for uefa cup and CL.

and we won't let seamus give the prize by himself :smileani:

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rossoneri:
what if we blend all those pred leagues somehow. I'd rather prefer a nice and simple prediction league like the one we have thought of [SAPL] so that everyone can easily get it. We could also include Milan's CL matches in it.

Having 3 organisers will be pretty much confusing for each of the parties involved, so it'd be better if Seamus and scharatz will be the sole organisers.

Also, having only one prediction league we'll also have one big fat prize, since we've decided that not only Seamus will contribute, but me and scharatz as well. And maybe we'll also be able to give out something to the 2nd and 3rd placed as well [for the 2nd and 3rd placed, maybe I'll make CD's with all the Milan photos I've got plus all the Milan wallpapers I've made, all the Milan CM menubars I've made and some other things - we'll see].

Regards,
David

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
My opinion is like this:
We can keep both games, because I feel that there is a big or at least a clear difference between both games (Mine & yours).

Secondly, it is more interesting to have games for CL, UEFA & Coppa Italia as well. This will give more attention for all the members to all the other matches.
The same for The Schedina which would include Serie B & C1 matches.

We can keep both games, and see which can be more interesting. At the end, we want to make the forum look more interesting.

Regarding the prizes for my games, I really have no problem to contribute for the prizes for the three games (Totocalcio League, Cup & European Championship). Prizes will be very valuable :D

I hope you would give me a chance, because I already organized this game before and it was very successful (Totocalcio League & Cup). And I also made a game during the World Cup, with the same idea, and it was successful too.

By the way, I still don't know exactly how would the game of Seamus and scharatz would be.

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
David said:
Rossoneri:
what if we blend all those pred leagues somehow. I'd rather prefer a nice and simple prediction league like the one we have thought of [SAPL] so that everyone can easily get it. We could also include Milan's CL matches in it.

My game will also be easy to get and play, don't worry of that :tongue:

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
rossoneri,
we have the same game! we WILL include CL, UEFA cup and Coppa Italia as well as the Serie A games.
there will be a thread for each week of any serie a, cl, uefa, and coppa italia.
players will guess the game winners and result of the game.
1 point will be awarded for the right outcome of the game (1 X 2) and +
1 more point for the right result.

i must agree with david. one prediction league would be enough considering the number of members. and after all, it would be better to have one big league than 2 small ones.

personally, i think our two games match in most of the issues. and after all, we can all participate in running the games.
seamus and myself will be the official moderators in charge of thread posting and calculating points and you could find some interesting articles regarding the matches and post them. that would definitely make it a lot easier for seamus and me :smileani:

scharatz

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Okey, but there's one major difference between your game and Rossoneri's which is the Totocalcio Cup game ..
In this game he makes groups for the members who participate and then we compete (By posting our predictions), the one who leads the group qualifies for the second round ... It's kinda like the WC or the CL!! But here we'll be the teams :D There will be a semi final and then a final which will make it even more exiting .. If I'm not mistaken you don't have this idea here, right?
Please guys I hope you give him a chance 'cause we had a lot of fun last year playing this game in DM!! Come on :tongue: :)

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
scharatz said:
rossoneri,
we have the same game! we WILL include CL, UEFA cup and Coppa Italia as well as the Serie A games.
there will be a thread for each week of any serie a, cl, uefa, and coppa italia.
players will guess the game winners and result of the game.
1 point will be awarded for the right outcome of the game (1 X 2) and +
1 more point for the right result.

You know, there is a big difference between the two games. Your game is to guess the result as well, and it only include Serie A games.

While my game would have different Schedina, and you don't guess the result, only the winner. Also, there is the double guesses, as well as the special rules for the bonus and so on.

Plus, there is the Totocalcio Cup, which makes a bomb of excitement.

I tell you this, because I have experienced it, and I know how much exciting it would be. Believe me, I think we can make both games, and this would make both of us satisfied!

Also, regarding the members who will participate, I can assure you that I will bring many members from DM to play ;)

Honestly, it is good to give the other members a chance to do something as well.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
David you can decide what you want to do.

Here is the deal and what I want:

A nice simple game for the members to play. I realize that the 2 games are different, but I still don't think that 2 games are necessary. I wanted to do something nice and simple and give out a prize at the end, something very easy. I don't want to sit in my room with stat sheets and try to calculate and configue all sorts of stuff. Just Nice and Simple.

In my opinion I just wanted it to be Seria A. Each week scharatz and I would post the games for the upcoming weekend for seria a and people could posts their predictions. Hence the Forum title Seria A Prediction League. If you think that we really need the Italian Cup and UEFA and CL I guess we could put them in, but thoes games are on different days so including them would be a pain due to having to check when people 1st put them in and if they edited them.

Not to mention it would be harder to keep track of because people will post their prediction for CL or UEFA in one post the their Italian Cup predictions in another and seria A in yet another. Like I said I can do it if that is what you would like, but it is time consuming. Like you said earlier you want someting that can be done by Monday. Making it more complicated is just going to make getting the results take more time.

I seriously do NOT want Seria B or Seria C games included. That is great if people follow them, but I don't. I can't and don't have the time to start. Most people can't even really get info on Seria A or Seria B. How are people supposed to guess things they can't even learn about?

I know what Rossinari is talking about with the member playing against each other week by week. I could do that, but it is kinda a pain in the ass and a lot of work. If I were to combine the games. there would have to be a schedual, so anyone who wanted to play would have to register or sign-up by the time the league started. Then they would be split into 4 or 8 groups in which the teams would all play each other, but standing would just be against the other in their specific group. Then towards the end of the season you would take the top couple of teams from each group play each other in a knock-out tournment to determine the winner.

Kind of confusing isn't it? It would also be a pain in the ass to do, but it is possible. The thing I don't like about it is people have to rigister. In the origional game if people join a couple of weeks late they can still catch up and possibly win and if you miss a week it won't totally screw you.

DAVID: In the end I would just like scharatz and I to work out how we would like to run our game and do that. If you want to let Rossoneri run his own game that is fine with me, but I don't really think it is necessary. I also don't want to have to worry about running a game that is very time consumming to me or scharatz. I just want to do something simple and nice for the members of the site. :D

If you and scharatz want to throw a prize in as well that would be great! If there are three prize we should talk about what all 3 are and they should definatly go to places 1, 2 & 3. We would just have to decide what prize for what place. :D I could also include a copy of all the goals of the world cup I made. I know it isn't Milan related but it is fun to watch. Scharatz I will send you a copy when I get a chance to make a copy. ;)

ps. Rossoneri: I not trying to be mean or say that your idea isn't good, I just don't think it is necessary. This is just what I think.[/i]

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Okey then, I think the whole thing is solved .. Why don't we just let everyone do his own game in his own way?! You guys get to do your game as you like it to be and let Rossoneri do his one! :)
Everyone's gonna do it his way, and we only get to enjoy!!
About the correcting and stuff, it's all in our pocket just don't worry, and as for the groups (Totocalcio Cup) he's also done it before, he knows the timing, when and how to do it ...
As far as organizing is concerned for Rossoneri's game, I hope you leave it all on him and he would deal with it En Sha Allah!! I could help him too of course :tongue:

FORZA MILAAAAAN!!

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Seamus, you don't have to worry about calculating anything at all, I will do all these works, because it would be my game and I would know more easily the rules which Iw ould make.

You don't have to worry at all about time consuming! You can do your simple and easy game, and this would be good. I will sure participate in your game as well.

At the same time, I would do the games which I told you about and this would be fair enough, also this would make everyone satisfied :)

About the Cup, where players will meet each other.. I have to tell you that this game will not start at the start of the year, but at the middle, when we will have enough members to start it.. You really don't have to worry about it, I know how to manage these things.
As I said, I have my experience already, and this would help soo much!

About the prizes, I really have no problem to contribute for the prizes for my games. I can do that very well, and very good prizes as well :D

At least, I thought I can tell you what I think ;)

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rossoneri and Kyara, before you get to ahead of anything find out from David what he wants as he runs the site and ultimatly it is his decision as to what will happen. All I did was give my opinion. The decision is totally up to David as to which or if both games will be played.

David it is all in your hands, so let us know when you get a chance.

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i gave my opinion as well (1st post on page 2) and i won't say anything else

scharatz

Reaction score
guys, whatever u do, I am in! :) I really liked the games Rossoneri did in DM, so whatever u do, I will be more than willing to participate...but if I win it, I want a special prize, a BMW 7 series :D:D:D :tongue: :devil2: and a complete sign up to Milan Channel for free :D:D

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seamus my friend, that's what we're planning to do 'cause everything is in David's hands, we know that :)
I hope we can work things out anyway :)
And Vugarinho, is that all what you're asking for?! Only this? Oh, you're very generous my firend :head: you don't wanna cost us at all :tongue: :D :)

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK,
after some thought about this topic, and without wanting to upset anyone, I've decided that all competitions will be run.

The problem is that this forum will remain ONLY for the SAPL, and it should clearly be stated that this is the official competition, while the others will either be ran in a sub forum of this forum, in the Soccer forum, or in its own forum [unlikely - we'll see]. So, we have three options for Rossoneri's leagues to be ran:

> a sub forum of this forum

> in the Soccer forum

> in it's own forum. If this will happen, the two predictions forums will be separated from the Community category and put in their own category named Prediction Leagues.

My main concern is that people should not confuse the official SAPL with the others and the prizes given for each competition.

Regards,
David

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sounds good to me. I thinks that the best way to make the destinction is the keep scharatz and mine game in The Seria A Predictions league and to either give Rossoneri's game either his own forum or run it out of the soccer forum, in a sub forum.

If they are all grouped in the same forum, people will get confused. ;) It is almost August, so we will have to get it all set up soon. :D

Let me know what you decide to do so I can work on it w/ scharatz.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cool :D Thank you very very much David :)
I really don't care where we put the game as long as we're gonna play it En Sha Allah :) Let's see what will my brother say about this :)
Thanx again David, Seamus and Schartz :) :)

FORZA ACMILAN-ONLINE :D

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
David said:
So, we have three options for Rossoneri's leagues to be ran:

> a sub forum of this forum

> in the Soccer forum

> in it's own forum. If this will happen, the two predictions forums will be separated from the Community category and put in their own category named Prediction Leagues.

My main concern is that people should not confuse the official SAPL with the others and the prizes given for each competition.

Regards,
David

Thank you sooo much David :):):):):):):):):):):):):)
I'm really glad to be given this chance.

About the place where this game should be played:
As you said, you don't want the people to be confused between my game and the official game. So, maybe these prediction games can have its own forum. Or a subforum from this forum. Maybe the own forum can be better, since the confusion will be less?
Or something like that.. Just a suggestion ;)

Sooner, I will try to clarify all the rules for these games. And I will do my best to make them successful. And I will also think of some good prizes.. But no BMW or Milan Channel subscription :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.