Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
PB said:
In the Spanish press are said to be options for Milan these three:

Motta: Midfielder than can play left too from Barça;
Guti: Offensive midefielder from Real.
Morientes: Striker from Real.

In addition to this Joaquin is said to be transferred this summer, Baraja could be tradeable, Xavi Alonso is a great player that Real can not keep and Samuel is not happy in Roma.

Well here I see some interesting options: Samuel plus Nesta the best couple of centrals of the world. Morientes could be great to reinforce our offensive area giving us presence in the little area, Baraja is really an interesting playmaker I have said before that i would like see him in Milan (Xavi Alonso could be great too but still have not played in Europe) and Joaquin could be good to reinforce our right wing offering dribling and speed there.

Definitively good options in the Market for Milan this summer.

Força Milan!!!

All just rumours, and im not too keen on spanish players in the Serie A (Javi Moreno and Jose Marie some recent "cases")

But out of them i would welcome Thiago Motta (Brazilian/Italian), Joaquin and Ruben Baraja.. although im not too sure about Walter Samuel, i havent seen him play too much..

Joaquin's release clause is something in the vicinity of 50-60 million euros, so unless Betis drop the clause and allow offers its unlikely anyone except maybe Real will be bargaining for him this year..

Kaka, Van der Vaart and Mexes would be enough for me this summer, although we have the "big star" out of Beckham, Figo and Ronaldo to come :rolleyes:

Reaction score
For Milan these players could be interesting:
Chivu (Ajax) for the next season
Kaka(january 2004) cause Rui is probably leaving in june 2004
Diego and Robinho (Santos) the two wunderkids that where called up for the brasilian squad against Mexico
They are still young. Diego is 18 and Robinho 19.
Milan's player on lone to A.Madrid F.Colocini should be brought back in june 2003.
Adriano of Parma is for sure interesting.
Van der Vart could help on in middle field.

Reaction score
Who I think Milan should try and purchase and why..... Bear in mind these actually do clash with the same type of players who I want to go to Old Trafford as well. But here goes.................

With Milan, you guys could take the ECL. If you do, you need to take advantage of the situation. When United won the Champions League, all of a sudden more people became opnely interested in joining us. That's because certain players may see you as a big club but one that isn't challenging for honours in Europe. Up until 1999, I don't think we was taken all that seriously, but when we won, we won the plaudits too, players became more aware of us, and our attraction grew, which enabled us to land some class European based players in Veron and VanKneeStillSore (as some would aptly put it). The point is, if Milan win the ECL that will be the best time to wheel and deal for some of the worlds best, because naturally these kind of players would be more willing to join your club. With that in mind a shortlist of players I think Milan should sign.

Christian Chivu - With Maldini not getting any younger, I believe now is the time to sign another player who will be groomed in the very image of Maldini. Whilst if Chivu joined he wouldn't be plunged into first team action straight away, but would be playing a rotation role in the squad where he learns from the experience of Maldini, and when the time comes for Paolo to take another role at the club, or retire, Chivu is fully ready to figure for Milan for 7-10 years or so.

Phillipe Mexes - Ridiculously the price tag that has been set on this guy by the club only amounts to 4 million pounds. Why my own club, let alone Milan or any other hasn't made him agree to a pre-contract agreement is beyond me. The man is pure class in every sense, and partnered with Nesta and eventually Chivu to form a solid three would make a formidable partnership at the back.

Van Der Meyde - not the first name on the minds of the Milan fans, but a player that is definately needed at Milan. Milan in my opinion lack someone to run at players and cause a slightly different danger to the opposition that perhaps Rui Costa would. Some attacking wide play would give Milan a lot more squad depth tactically as well as providing some excellent crosses for Sheva to get on the end of.

A note on Motta, good left foot, but he is becoming very accustomed to a central midfield role at Barca now, and seems to have found himself more of a Cocu type player with more aggression than a wide player, and with Gattuso doing a fine job there and already with plenty of squad depth in that position, Milan would be wasting their time.

This one is a MUST. For us AND Milan.
Djebril Cisse!
His talent isn't even at question. He's fast, quick, technically excellent, superb finisher, great in the air, clever, superb movement, style, finesse, he has it all in a striker, and he's not going to cost any more than 15 million at most. At the moment you guys have Pippo (goal poacher, inbox player), Sheva (Drops deep, provides great width when he drops out deep) Tomasson (talented player, but never likely to rip teams apart). With that in mind, I believe that with Cissé you'll be in more of a position to change things tactically on an attacking sense, and a lot more penetration up front with the added pace that Cissé would bring. Which is a reason I want United to get him. With Van Nistelrooy up front, with Scholes just behind, I feel that something missing is genuine pace which produces effective counter attacking.

kaiser

Beginner
Reaction score
U know what I think..........v don't really neeed Becks or figo or Ronaldo
We need a though guy with lots of energy in the midfield
someone who wud dominate the opposing midfielders by sheer physical
presence if not by reputation.............someone like Vierra!
since we shall have kaka there is no reason to have those big stars as
they wud have to be accomodated in the starting line up at any cost.
and with Rivaldo and Rui where does Figo fit in?

I always say a bully in the midfield gives a tremendous advantage to the midfield
and for a winger u cud get that Ajax guy Andy van der meade

Chivu....not unless Maldini retires!

zorro

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
MILAN should sign NO ONE!!! Everyone says that MILAN should sign players, that cost a fortune. We have a team with Rivaldo, Tomasson, Roque, and Abbiati on the bench. I believe that Chivu, or Bonera aren't very cheap, they cost a fortune, and money is luxury. Someone said that coach's job is to create a team made of individuals. If Carlo makes a good team - then no new signings are needed. For example, Juve played like a team, with passion, dedication and commitment. They destroyed Madrid's stars. As for MILAN - look at this season: Rivaldo came, and played quite bad season, Sheva scored (for his capacity) few goals, and no one besides Pippo didn't score. Best new player who deservs our gratitude and respect is NESTA. He is GOD in defence - a real player like Paolo. What MILAN should start doing is to make a great, strong and compact team 4 next season. As for new players, first option for Mexes and purchase of Kaka would be great leaps to better and cheaper future. MILAN shouldn't buy stars - MILAN should create them!!! There are lots of good domestic players, we know which one ;) #3 ;)

zorro

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
As for Beckham - the team that buys him will even earn money. WHY? For example, when Ronaldo signed for real madrid, real payed half of his transfer fee only by selling jerseys with his number and name. Beckham has an army of fans, AND THEY ALL BRING MONEY, he is probably the most known player in the world. I don't like him too much, but I admit - he can play...

Albion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
As for my opinion....players that I would like to see in Milan are:

- Carlos Puyol
- David Beckham, Saviola
- Fernando Torres, VanNistelroy, Henry

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i think i've presented my shopping list already elsewhere but of course i don't want to miss the opportunity to warn of a chivu signing. chivu is ***NOT*** what milan wants or needs, he is ***NOT*** the next maldini and if you question my expertise, please spare 90 min to watch the romania-denmark match. :rolleyes:

i absolutely wish to see in a milan shirt next season:
  • beckham
    cissé
    mexes
alternatively: cissé and mexes in an arsenal shirt. :D

while i do think pat vieira would be a very valuable asset to any midfield, i don't want to see him leave arsenal... arsenal has to rectify a couple of things next season which would be next to impossible to achieve without vieira...

as for the brazilean wunderkinder, i can't make a recommendation pro or against, as i've yet to see more than glimpses of their play...

sheva7

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
zorro said:
MILAN should sign NO ONE!!! Everyone says that MILAN should sign players, that cost a fortune. We have a team with Rivaldo, Tomasson, Roque, and Abbiati on the bench. I believe that Chivu, or Bonera aren't very cheap, they cost a fortune, and money is luxury. Someone said that coach's job is to create a team made of individuals. If Carlo makes a good team - then no new signings are needed. For example, Juve played like a team, with passion, dedication and commitment. They destroyed Madrid's stars. As for MILAN - look at this season: Rivaldo came, and played quite bad season, Sheva scored (for his capacity) few goals, and no one besides Pippo didn't score. Best new player who deservs our gratitude and respect is NESTA. He is GOD in defence - a real player like Paolo. What MILAN should start doing is to make a great, strong and compact team 4 next season. As for new players, first option for Mexes and purchase of Kaka would be great leaps to better and cheaper future. MILAN shouldn't buy stars - MILAN should create them!!! There are lots of good domestic players, we know which one ;) #3 ;)
Yes good point!

kaiser

Beginner
Reaction score
--Carlos Puyol
--Joaquin (wing substitute for Becks)
--Viera
--Davids(I know I know......it's almost impossible)
--Pablo Aimar

Atleast 2 of these 5 sud do the trick

m1ke

Primavera
Reaction score
i agree with ForzaUnited's post. i think milan need someone with alot of pace, someone who can run at defenders. rivaldo used to be amazing at this but his form of late hasnt been great.

i think milan should try and sign

- kaka
- chivu
- joaquin
- puyol

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Chivu, Stankovic and Vieri. The first two are musts. I also think we should consider swapping Rui for the younger Deco who I think is going to be a star.

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
About Kaka.. i think galliani must move more faster to get the signature from him... coz madrid has join the race for Kaka....

THeJaMmi1

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Kaka, is jusdt a smoke screen for another more high-profile Brazilian; Ronaldinho

It is jsut the same as the Nesta Deal, where we were supposedly after Iuliano, but as the weeks went by we were les and less linked, and out of nowhere we signed Nesta
I think that this is happening with Ronaldinho at the moment

Reaction score
Why should Milan buy Coloccini? They already own him! Real have an option to purchase.

zorro

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
That "valderrama" is now with atletico and has said that he doesn't want to come to glorious MILAN!! But when MILAN stardted mounting serious CL wins - he wanted to come back to play. I say to him and Coco: TO WEAR MILAN SHIRT - IT'S AN HONOUR!!!

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Jesus - I hear he has great footwork (even in sandels) and can be a great leader when Maldini leaves :D

Reaction score
may I say now the defender is the most important for milan giant. So I really hope galliani can buy chivu who is captain of ajax. He is young enough and very famous in all european mainland. There are so many teams such giant term as milan,inter and real madrid want him to join this summer. Of course he is more expensive but at least he is on the transfer list. I think milan giant could be able to buy him in the next coming season's budget.
After I saw the final, I suddenly found maybe it was a good chance to find a new definder,I mean the right side player. After panucci, I haven't found better right side defender in milan Giant. But I think our future captain ambrosini may do it. And I cann't trust some right side player especially simic really can do their job very well.
So I hope this summer, Milan will be the winner in transfer market and get whom milan giant needs. Good luck, my milan.

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
  • mexes/marquez
    beckham
    cissé
definitely and once and for all: NO chivu!!!!!!!!! sorry, but i really don't get the hype about this lardass. he's not worth the money ajax are asking! i watch the dutch league fairly regularly and he just fails to impress me. besides, i can't get that romania-denmark disgrace out of my mind... go watch that game and see what horrible blunders he is capable of!!! :rolleyes:

Reaction score
CANNOT lose Chivu!
Colocini will be a useful player in addition.
Also Bonera and Van der Vaart.

Stiff_vs_Mr_Oerk

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
NO TO TOTTI, NO TO RONALDO, NO TO FIGO, NO TO VIDUKA!

We have to purchase Kaka - talented and a good sub for Rui...

A right back - Puyol could be a dream, or maybe Trabelsi if possible

MAYBE a winger on the right - Joaquin is my first choice

And maybe one more talented player...

Schedule