Round of 16 Coppa Italia: Sampdoria - Milan 12/01/2019 17:00 CET

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope this game gives the team confidence and helps us take on the second half of the season in good form.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good win. We were trash in regulation time tho.
Reina motm. Cutro and Conti great.
Paqueta has shown some good stuff and most importantly he looks like he can cope physically in the midfield.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol, I mean during preseason and the games we tried him there he was so terrible.

I was wrong. Honestly LCM looks like the best fit for him. Better than Bona, honestly.

And thank you everyone for telling me about Paqueta. :thumbsup:

Hakan has played LCM before. He was shit. We tried him there several times in fact. This season alone.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Strong comeback, good 2nd half, great substitutions, great win.

We are only the 3rd team to win at Luigi Ferraris this season.

You can't score against Samp's 4-3-1-2 unless you utilize your width.. we needed Conti to do that, and Cutrone to make a sensible run. Higuain was really really bad again, that one SPAL goal doesn't change just how poor he has been.

Reina was excellent and deserves as much credit as Cutrone. Calhanoglu grew into the game and did well.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
He it right where it wasn’t open. Like literally into the wall. If he hit hard and to the far right it would be better. He hits hard and hopes for the best that’s my issue with him when he shoots. I’m just being hyper critical. But I’m tired of him.

It is hard to score those. But its where you use yr brain, it was indirect, so when hakan was rolled the ball he in turn shudve rolled it to sum1 else who was free... 1/2 were better placed for a shot. Dumb!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
thank you, next

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
We face the winner of Inter vs Benevento. Inter win so Cutrone can score the winner like last year, and that we've never beaten Benevento :lol:

I thought Lazio would face the winner of that match?

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
We have played hakan at lcm as you call it, from the start of the match, he was shit. What’s with these knee jerk reactions.

Do you understand the game without looking at the formation?

Borini in, borini moved to lw and hakan to lcm.

Need further explanation?

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
He it right where it wasn’t open. Like literally into the wall. If he hit hard and to the far right it would be better. He hits hard and hopes for the best that’s my issue with him when he shoots. I’m just being hyper critical. But I’m tired of him.
Lack of creativity... Should be more than one touch, and the final shooter should be cutrone to have hattrick

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
We face the winner of Inter vs Benevento. Inter win so Cutrone can score the winner like last year, and that we've never beaten Benevento
Wrong.

We face Napoli/Sassuolo

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Great finish to the game. I don’t think we played that well but Cutrone was decisive as he normally is in big games. The kid has a knack for important goals, very very inzaghi like.

Reina was MOTM for me, what a performance. Kept us alive/ahead.

Paqueta played great in the second half and was very stiff to be substituted imo. Probably our biggest threat going forward and he keeps the ball so well, we have a very good player on our hands imo. I’d start him against Juve.

What a cross by Conti, that was amazing. I haven’t seen a cross that beautiful from one of our right backs in a long long time. Brilliant.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Lack of creativity... Should be more than one touch, and the final shooter should be cutrone to have hattrick

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk

I said the same.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Strong comeback, good 2nd half, great substitutions, great win.

We are only the 3rd team to win at Luigi Ferraris this season.

You can't score against Samp's 4-3-1-2 unless you utilize your width.. we needed Conti to do that, and Cutrone to make a sensible run. Higuain was really really bad again, that one SPAL goal doesn't change just how poor he has been.

Reina was excellent and deserves as much credit as Cutrone. Calhanoglu grew into the game and did well.

higuain should change the role and play the false 9 instead. we could use his quality in the build up. he is too impatient to play number 9 for us. he is best in our team in terms of quickly spreading the play and sees useful passes which likes of chala and samu never see. but we still need goal scoring wingers for that.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hakan has played LCM before. He was shit. We tried him there several times in fact. This season alone.

I said that in my post you are replying to.

I'm also famous for losing my mind at Hakan playing LCM.

The last two games he looks great in the role.

I'm sorry it is hard for you to see him play well. Go misplace your frustration somewhere else.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Do you understand the game without looking at the formation?

Borini in, borini moved to lw and hakan to lcm.

Need further explanation?
What does that have to do with anything. Hakan has played in midfield is what I’m telling you. Read to understand and not respond. LCM is a FIFA term btw and I fully understand what it means. Left side of the midfield.

Hakan played in LCM before. With a winger to his left, LW. He wasn’t good. He was in this instance. That’s all. But doesn’t mean he should play in midfield now is all I’m saying.

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
How did Paqueta play? I couldn't start watching until the 80th minute.

Kind of ok for being his first match in Europe. But he needs to show up more and show that he wants the ball. He played too easy tonight.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
higuain should change the role and play the false 9 instead. we could use his quality in the build up. he is too impatient to play number 9 for us. he is best in our team in terms of quickly spreading the play and sees useful passes which likes of chala and samu never see. but we still need goal scoring wingers for that.

This is what Gattuso wants him to do, but he stays too far ahead for large portions of the match, where none of our players can find him without being blocked by defenders. Moreover, he seems to have lost the ability to move around in the penalty box. He always stays central now, making the CBs’ job easy.

Anyway, I think he’ll be gone by the end of the month. Finding a forward who can play behind Cutrone might be the clever thing to do.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Kind of ok for being his first match in Europe. But he needs to show up more and show that he wants the ball. He played too easy tonight.

Many times he did call for the ball but teammates bypassed him or just didnt try to find him and just passed back.

He did play advanced at times giving another player in the box and he did track back but didnt tackle too much (if any that I saw). Showed his trademark step on the ball and release and also had some nice give and go's

He also ran a fair amount and won a few headers.

Cant wait to see him with Suso and Conti as well and if we get a competent LW

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
It is hard to score those. But its where you use yr brain, it was indirect, so when hakan was rolled the ball he in turn shudve rolled it to sum1 else who was free... 1/2 were better placed for a shot. Dumb!

What wouldve been cute was whomever was standing on the ball (cant remember now) doing a backheel to Cutrone to smash it in :cool:

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Summary:

Here again my 2 cents:

- A win is always good.

- Lots of positives, but also quite some negatives.

- Positive? Paqueta's sense of 1 touch and pass the ball, Conti's return.

- Negatives? Quite a few fuckups by our 2 CBs, Bakayoko again losing the ball in the middle therefore creating chances for the other team, Kessie's consistency.

- Reina? Solid 99% of the time.

- Abate? I gotta say solid but there is something that I not like.

- Zapata? Some fuckups in the first half, some in the second.

- Romagnoli? Quite frankly I think he is too good to have a solid/average performance with so many fuckups. He looks a bit unsettled after coming back from injury.

- Rodriguez? Solid.

- Kessie? Kept things simple. Sometimes he gets lost on the field though I think it is because Bakayoko too many times is the one that went pressing at Sampdoria's defenders. One awful long pass in the first pass and 1 great long pass from the right to the left in the second half.

- Bakayoko? Another good performance in general, I do not like that he is the one pressing leaving our middle exposed however my major beef with him is when he over dribbles and losses the ball causing problems for our team.

- Paqueta? I kiked what I watched. Good 1-2 passes. Solid tactically, knew how and when to defend and made life easier for Hakan.

- Castillejo? When he keeps things simple, he is pretty good. On the other hand when he hold the ball too long he becomes a very poor version of Suso.

- Higuain? Did enough to get a passing grade on my book but I do not know until the end of the mercato.

- Hakan? He is the KEY WORD of our season CONSISTENCY. Hakan is obviously our best passer and he was more free today because Paqueta actually defends.

Subs:

- Borini? Nothing to say but he did his job.

- Conti? I might need to rewatch the game again. Missed the game because work, I watched the game almost until midnight and Cutrone's first goal and my eyes gave up.

- Cutrone? Kid is special but needs to develop even more. Look at Petagna now. Petagna was not even good as Cutrone but watch him now.