Italian Football Thread III

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cinque Stella economic ideas are batshit crazy. They downright don't believe in economic progress - in fact the advocate for degrowth. Not surprising at all she's blocking big construction projects.

Their decision to withdraw from the Olympics 2024 bid made sense since the Olympics are apparently a money sink.

Not sure what are the downsides of a new modern stadium thats going to be decently filled up though. Kinda doubt that would be an economic lost for the city.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Pallotta with his perfect business plan and perfectly timed cash flows.. lulz.

Forza cinque stelle stadium blockers.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Juventus will be starting with Barzagli as RB or are they playing 3 in the back and Cuardado as wing back?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
So keita isn't playing because he is going to join 7uve? What a b%#ch

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
what a crap match so far

2nd half better be entertaining

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Whaat.. I thought it was entertaining to watch jube getting owned

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some really great stuff about Catenaccio:

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/subculture/2017/8/9/td3ugm6q9u4qesoifn7inikniahpeg

The Rocco's Milan infographic:

Catenaccio.Slide.Three.jpg

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Don't write Juve off just now. They still have a great team, and already have prepared themselves for the future ; however, its safe to say that with an aging defense and the current fullbacks they are unlikely to get anywhere serious in CL.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
gobbi lost to lazio? I guess their reign is truly coming to an end.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
just saw the lazio 2-3 winner

de snakelio

giphy.gif

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Serie A is back <3

Final thoughts for the season:

Scudetto - Juve or Napoli. Juventus will be disrupted by Bonucci's departure. It's not easy to fix a hole in the key partnership that led to so many titles. Will Napoli use the opportunity is the question. They have done wonderfully well to keep the team intact. Mertens already looks as good as he did last season. I'm betting on them to sneak the scudetto a few points ahead of Juve.

3-5: Milan, Inter, Lazio. Hopefully in that order.
We all know what Milan did. I think it's enough for a solid 3rd placed run, but really goalscoring is everything. We have been poor goalscorers in the last few years (since Ibra left) and unless we score enough, we won't finish 3rd.

Like the mister said,

xJtw4IL.png

Inter have done well with Spalletti and is trying to fix the holes in the team, but the Kondogbia situation threw them off. If they hold Perisic and get a good replacement for Kondogbia, they will probably do better than last season.

Lazio - Inzaghi is awesome. With or without Keita Balde, I expect them to improve upon or equal last season. Just like Napoli, they've kept the core intact.

6-8: Roma, Atalanta, Torino.
Roma I think will drop significantly. I don't like the likes of Monchi and the strategy of building to sell. It will appeal to the Arsenal lovers I guess. I dont think Di Francesco can cope with the pressure in the city and achieve what they did last season.

Atalanta, Torino - Both teams retained their good coaches. That should be enough to target these spots. Particularly since Fiorentina has decided to forget building a team.

Top-scorer: Difficult to look beyond Higuain and Dzeko. Mertens is a great player but he'll struggle to match last season.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Juventus getting beaten so many times. They aren't winning the scudetto with Lichtsteiner Rugani and Cuadrado starting.

A good team would have scored 2 already.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
VAR penalty! Saved.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Juve fans pissed, they know with VAR they are screwed lol. Good save though.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm loving it! That referee moment was classic Juve getting away due to referees hesitation thing. VAR lord, I welcome you.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Terribly taken PK damn it

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm getting excited at the thought of the number of players in this Juve XI who look well past their best. I hope this isn't over optimism.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Awful penalty.

VAR is a very good idea but it really just needs someone sat in a room with a few monitors feeding the decision to the referee.

At the moment it's almost a farce.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
What an ugly crowd

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That was a really nice goal by Dybala. Really good player.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pjanic should get credit

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
even though they are winning easily, I see weaknesses. I can see Napoli winning it

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
That VAR situation was stupid......clear advantage played and the player got a clean shot off....can advantage not be played anymore?

As much as I wanted Juve to concede there, that was kind of a strange decision.

And wasn't the Dybala goal a clear handball? No replay or VAR for that......so how do they decide when to use the VAR, or how many times can it be used?

Who decides when to use it?

All this shit confuses me

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah VAR is weird in that the ref has to agree to the review quickly. The managers do not have an amount of replays to use. So if you get a Juve ref then they can do what they want pretty much.

Schedule