Italian Football Thread III

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Conte after the ladri?s job?

Not applicable for Juve anymore and I highly doubt there's teams in Italy willing to take on such a problematic figure on astronomical wages and short-sighted transfer policy.

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I really hope it's not just because of circumstance. Finally playing attractive football and getting results. Time will tell if we can keep it up.

As much as I hate to say it, feel bad for you guys. Must be heartbreaking given how other teams - including yourself, Lazio - dropped stupid points and lost out on the title. 2 points (to account for H2H) behind which was a win vs Bologna or Gagliardini scoring an open goal gives. If anyone beats Juve next season it'll be you guys. Roma and Napoli will get stronger but not much, same with us if we can keep up this form but I don't expect a title challenge. Atalanta and Lazio are questionmarks as to if they can do the same as this season.

Thanks mate, but the way I see it Juve won the Scudetto with 2 games to spare. So the real difference was 8 points. Still those 11 points dropped against Sassuolo, Bologna, Verona, Roma & Fiorentina in the post Covid days did hurt. But we are really behind Juve in terms of squad, our lack of depth got exposed with a game every 3 days, so its understandable. Maybe in a year or two we can catch up. It time there is a new scudetto winner.

Right now, I am just hoping Conte does not do his usual rage quit routine. He will be an idiot to do that, he would only make himself almost unemployable. So hopefully better senses will prevail and we can continue building on this project.

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Right now, I am just hoping Conte does not do his usual rage quit routine.

After his speech yesterday, I'd err on the side of him getting sacked soon if he doesn't keep it to himself - but that's not how he works :lol: Management must be pissed for him to speak out like that against them.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
After his speech yesterday, I'd err on the side of him getting sacked soon if he doesn't keep it to himself - but that's not how he works :lol: Management must be pissed for him to speak out like that against them.

Why does he give a fuck? He?s got the upper hand.

He leaves and at least 3-4 clubs of significance will grab him

He has Inter by the balls

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Conte is a joke, that's why i didn't want him anywhere near us, complains about anything and everything.

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Why does he give a fuck? He?s got the upper hand.

He leaves and at least 3-4 clubs of significance will grab him

He has Inter by the balls

I am not so sure about that. There aren't many clubs in the world who can afford Conte. And if he rage quits or gets sacked for the 3rd consecutive time after a major public rift with the management, that will not help his employability.

Anyways, its best for everyone at Inter if this gets resolved in a meeting room.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I am not so sure about that. There aren't many clubs in the world who can afford Conte. And if he rage quits or gets sacked for the 3rd consecutive time after a major public rift with the management, that will not help his employability.

Anyways, its best for everyone at Inter if this gets resolved in a meeting room.

You think Conte can?t get a job? I know you?re a serious poster but this is silly

Plenty of managers have had rifts with clubs and the players. If they show they can win, an Conte can, they will always have a job.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Letting Conte go is the worst thing Inter could do.
They had poor form after Covid break, but I see them as the only side who can usurp Juve next season. Building on this season with Conte would be in their best interest. Starting with a new coach will undo all that.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Letting Conte go is the worst thing Inter could do.
They had poor form after Covid break, but I see them as the only side who can usurp Juve next season. Building on this season with Conte would be in their best interest. Starting with a new coach will undo all that.

They had third best form in Serie A after us and Atalanta

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
They had third best form in Serie A after us and Atalanta

Fair enough. But the amount of times they failed to take advantage of poor results from Juve still indicates a very disappointing run.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lazio getting David Silva on a 5 year deal

could potentially be an amazing move for them, serie a looking stronger and stronger

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I used to envy how brilliantly Juve and Napoli were run.

But take the worst traits from Mirabelli and Galliani and you'll get Paratici.
To think this guy was the RnB dream signing as Galliani replacement....

He probably is competent at certain things, but there's a reason Marotta was his boss.

12m net and 85m transfer fee for a kid who looked good in a few UCL games for a great team that also made Daley Blind seem like a good defender. The high-profile errors with the Dutch NT should've been a warning sign...but no.

9m net for Rabiot.
7m net for Ramsey.
All the agent and sign-on fees.
Danilo.
3.5m net for Rugani.
3m net for De Sciglio.
And then, of course, the CR disaster.

As for Napoli, they were doing fine until De Laurentiis decided to give Koulibaly a massive raise instead of cashing in on him while he was overvalued in the market, the way they had previously done with Cavani, Higuain, Jorginho, etc.
Koulibaly's raise created jealousy among the likes of Insigne and Allan. The latter basically stopped performing when he realized ADL isn't going to negotiate with an employee who is on a contract for 4 more years.

They decided to keep Koulibaly, pay him 11m gross yearly and he's not even starting material for them anymore. KK-Manolas make a terrible duo.

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I love how Serie A is getting alot of interest from danish football viewers

Three football experts were rating all the 20 clubs 2019/20 season in this podcast.

juve: 5/10
Inter: 7/10
Atalanta: 10/10
Napoli: 5/10
Lazio: 9/10
Roma: 6/10

Ac Milan: 7/10.. They talked about our amazing corona form. But also how our play has become entertaining. Continuing with Pioli was a good choice. And ofc they mentioned simon kjaer and that he is the leader our defence needed, according to them is Romagnoli not a leader type.
Also pointed that we have the youngest team in serie a. They are absolutely in love with Bennacer. They have theo and bennacer in their Serie A Team of the year. Milan has become an attractive destination for young talents.
They looking forward to next season and one of them is sure that we will get a top 4.

86e3ca8da62bc3bddfbd2f0ca6915f03.jpg

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Spezia in A for first time in their history. Would've loved to see one of our old guards, Sandrone Nesta, promoted but oh well.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Spezia in A for first time in their history. Would've loved to see one of our old guards, Sandrone Nesta, promoted but oh well.

Wud Nesta ever want to be :b:&:g:'s manager? If so, Id like to see him come up with Monza.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Wud Nesta ever want to be :b:&:g:'s manager? If so, Id like to see him come up with Monza.

Monza are in Serie B with Brocchi as their coach. If they don't get promoted in their first season, perhaps they'll appoint Vinny.

152901529-54b240c6-a7f3-4ed5-938b-ccbf111339ba.jpg

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
I used to envy how brilliantly Juve and Napoli were run.

But take the worst traits from Mirabelli and Galliani and you'll get Paratici.
To think this guy was the RnB dream signing as Galliani replacement....

He probably is competent at certain things, but there's a reason Marotta was his boss.

12m net and 85m transfer fee for a kid who looked good in a few UCL games for a great team that also made Daley Blind seem like a good defender. The high-profile errors with the Dutch NT should've been a warning sign...but no.

9m net for Rabiot.
7m net for Ramsey.
All the agent and sign-on fees.
Danilo.
3.5m net for Rugani.
3m net for De Sciglio.
And then, of course, the CR disaster.

As for Napoli, they were doing fine until De Laurentiis decided to give Koulibaly a massive raise instead of cashing in on him while he was overvalued in the market, the way they had previously done with Cavani, Higuain, Jorginho, etc.
Koulibaly's raise created jealousy among the likes of Insigne and Allan. The latter basically stopped performing when he realized ADL isn't going to negotiate with an employee who is on a contract for 4 more years.

They decided to keep Koulibaly, pay him 11m gross yearly and he's not even starting material for them anymore. KK-Manolas make a terrible duo.

Paraticci is terrible just like Mirabelli. Moratta was the man.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anyone watched Pirlo debut?

I only saw the highlights but some interesting choices

5 at the back w Danilo @ CB
Ramsey in the front trio worked really well w Kulusevksi and cr7
Seems to want a destroyer type playing along w a regista moving the ball fast

He’s not getting choice the target man he wanted for Dybala and cr7 to play together but Morata now

They still look the team to beat

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score

He?s not getting choice the target man he wanted for Dybala and cr7 to play together but Morata now

i watched some good minutes - sampdoria didnt play football, asked to not be destroyed and showed why they were close to relegation last season.
dont make any conclusion based on this game.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score

He?s not getting choice the target man he wanted for Dybala and cr7 to play together but Morata now

they're playing roma next weekend, we'll see how they do when they're up against a tougher opponent (roma is shit but still :lol: )..id take a draw :)