The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We were supposed to pay an additional 10m had paqueta scored 10 goals.

I'm not sure about the deal but man, I hate this sort of clause.

Imagine the bizarre situations possible like... A player makes the 9th goal for a team playing meaningless games. The next is a 10M goal? Any director will order the player to be benched or not score or something...

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why is Halilovic still an AC Milan player? Can we not just terminate him?

My mind is completely blanking out at the moment:

under what circumstances did we sign Halilovic? Was it Mirabelli or Leo?

And he probably won't leave. If he does it will likely be for free with us paying a portion of his salaries :lol:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

And he probably won't leave. If he does it will likely be for free with us paying a portion of his salaries :lol:

I think it was a January Mirabelli move. No idea why.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the deal but man, I hate this sort of clause.

Imagine the bizarre situations possible like... A player makes the 9th goal for a team playing meaningless games. The next is a 10M goal? Any director will order the player to be benched or not score or something...

If you think about it situationally. Had Paqueta been like Kaka for us and we were THAT close to CL that season, there would be very few meaningless games, and they would all have to have happen AFTER he scored 9 goals already. In the rare scenario, do you think we would risk CL qualification by not playing him just bc he has that bonus?

Of course, that is if Paqueta had been like Kaka for us and he surely has not, so it is just my conjecture :lol::lol: Maybe Flamengo thought highly of him

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Halilovic came as one of the final Mirabelli deals. Along with the legend Strinic....

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think it was a January Mirabelli move. No idea why.

It seems so random. I do remember back then other members said he was kind of a failed wonder kid but he didn't really fit anywhere on the team in terms of how we played.

I remember expecting Bojan level, but wow, he's like Mauri level: unplayable.

Halilovic came as one of the final Mirabelli deals. Along with the legend Strinic....

Strinic made sense if we were a mid table club trying to make EL, like Torino or Fiorentina.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score

Mirabelli brought him in on a free but as usual paid him far too much.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

Mirabelli's last gift before leaving :lol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who's a worse signing him or Mauri?

Mauri was at least good for Parma before they went bankrupt. At the time I thought AT WORST, he would turn out to be like Walter Gargano or something.

Was Halilovic even good at Las Palmas? They just let him return to Hamburg.

I am not going to act like I knew his career trajectory but seemed like a failed player nobody knows how to make use of. Mauri actually looked decent the couple times in pre season but no manager wanted him and he had a huge salary.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Strinic would've been useful if not for his health problems

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Hernan Crespo has revealed that he still watches AC Milan games as though it were a religion, and praised the direction of the current team.

"Milan is a kind of religion: it requires absolute dedication from observers and practitioners," he said.

"When Milan plays I turn on the TV and I don't want to be distracted, the world falls silent. I like this Milan and I respect Pioli very well. He is open to dialogue and above all gave an identity to the whole group."

"Milan now seems to me a balanced team, courageous and full of enthusiasm. Ibrahimovic ? There is no question, alone he keeps four defenders busy and this leaves the others more free."

"But apart from him Pioli has regenerated Kessie, he is inserting Tonali and Brahim Diaz, then there is Calhanoglu. Quality, youth and Ibra? I really like this Milan a lot."

Always loved Crespo. Beautiful to hear.:proud:

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mauri was much better, he was absolutely ok in defense. Overall not enough but at least a Serie A player.
With Paqueta out CAM is really thin, would be interessting to know if Hauge can play there.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Hernan Crespo has revealed that he still watches AC Milan games as though it were a religion, and praised the direction of the current team.

"Milan is a kind of religion: it requires absolute dedication from observers and practitioners," he said.

"When Milan plays I turn on the TV and I don't want to be distracted, the world falls silent. I like this Milan and I respect Pioli very well. He is open to dialogue and above all gave an identity to the whole group."

"Milan now seems to me a balanced team, courageous and full of enthusiasm. Ibrahimovic ? There is no question, alone he keeps four defenders busy and this leaves the others more free."

"But apart from him Pioli has regenerated Kessie, he is inserting Tonali and Brahim Diaz, then there is Calhanoglu. Quality, youth and Ibra? I really like this Milan a lot."

Always loved Crespo. Beautiful to hear.:proud:

Only one season with Milan already like that? :star::star::star:

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It seems so random. I do remember back then other members said he was kind of a failed wonder kid but he didn't really fit anywhere on the team in terms of how we played.

I remember expecting Bojan level, but wow, he's like Mauri level: unplayable.

Strinic made sense if we were a mid table club trying to make EL, like Torino or Fiorentina.
Mauri was good when injury crisis hit during gattuso season. Hardworking and good technically. Not sure why coaches didn't play him. Maybe attitude issue. This is prime example of forum members hating on players because it is cool.

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
According to Il Giornale, the negotiations that could bring Tiemou? Bakayoko back to Milan are on standby: the French midfielder can only return to the Rossoneri on loan from Chelsea and after the departure of Rade Krunic.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Mauri was good when injury crisis hit during gattuso season. Hardworking and good technically. Not sure why coaches didn't play him. Maybe attitude issue. This is prime example of forum members hating on players because it is cool.

Jose Mauri was Jherson Vergara level in defending and positioning, we tried him in friendlies and they were attacking like if he was not there.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
According to Il Giornale, the negotiations that could bring Tiemou? Bakayoko back to Milan are on standby: the French midfielder can only return to the Rossoneri on loan from Chelsea and after the departure of Rade Krunic.

We have 4 midfielders, why sell Krunic?

We actually have 5 CB and 5 FB, and we want to add another CB. We need to sell in defence, not in midfield.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It seemed like attitude issue and perhaps he is just too small and doesn't do what they want tactically. For the average observers though, he at least produced mostly positive outputs on the field vs. Halilovic who can't even take the field.

Also the fact that we rather let him walk when he's only 24 and no other teams were willing to take him on other than some Argentinean club to me shows there is something wrong with that player, and that sort of news travels quick.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Mauri was much better, he was absolutely ok in defense. Overall not enough but at least a Serie A player.
With Paqueta out CAM is really thin, would be interessting to know if Hauge can play there.

I mean Jose mauri played for some midtable argentinian club for half a season but decided to let him go after and he's without a club ever since.. Not sure about serie a quality

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

We actually have 5 CB and 5 FB, and we want to add another CB. We need to sell in defence, not in midfield.

He doesn't seem to fit in any particular position in the team and that he wants to start (fighting for place on NT), I would guess.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

I would like to keep Krunic as well even if we buy Bakayoko. Gives us a more physical AM option to close out games and a 5th CM option as well. Also allows us to have the option of a 3 man midfield as an alternative.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Jose Mauri is no longer a football player and people are discussing this fodder in this forum :fp:

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
GdM reporting that price for Paqueta was 21mil + % of future sale

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
The #Milan sells #Paquet? to the #Lione for 20 million and gets a percentage of the resale. Operation managed by #Elliott : now hunt for reinforcements.#Hauge it's just the appetizer. @Laudisa
Jean Michel-Aulas is a serious businessman and often times works with private equity funds like Elliott on different business dealings.

#Elliott

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I mean Jose mauri played for some midtable argentinian club for half a season but decided to let him go after and he's without a club ever since.. Not sure about serie a quality

I read a Spanish article but it says he is still loaned out from us, and the Argentinean club doesn't want to pay the buy out fee.

I thought he was out of contract with us already.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
TMW - Pezzella, no negotiations for the renewal with Fiorentina. The Milan track remains alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule