Milan and the 'Calciopoli' Scandal

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
kakarulez said:
De Santis: Moggi Never Called Me, Facchetti Yes

The former referee involved in the Calciopoli scandal appeared on an Italian television program of ‘Antenna 3’, where he gave his point of view and his 'truths' about the scandal which rocked Italian football in the past summer.

New revelations by Massimo De Sanctis risk to create a new storm in Italian football, as the former referee accused of manipulating matches in favour of Juventus declared that Luciano Moggi never called him, but on the other hand Inter’s Giacinto Facchetti was obsessive with his phone calls.

"I declare that I never, and I say never, spoke on the phone with Luciano Moggi and that I never took a foreign SIM card from him. Actually I will say more, I usually spoke on a regular basis with other football directors.

"I used to talk often with Facchetti and Meani. With Giacinto Facchetti I had a very good rapport and I must say that in various circumstances he was very obsessive.

"His requests at times went further than the law could permit. But I never took them into consideration, because when I went on the pitch I only thought about directing matches fairly.

"Even Moratti knows about these things. I hate talking about a person who unfortunately is not here anymore, but I'm very available to make public my telephone printouts, so that everyone can know that these rapports were real."

These revelations will probably not tarnish Inter's Scudetto celebrations, but will surely make Juve and their fans ask for more clarity in the investigations and a fairer, more balanced, judgement towards everyone.

Source: Goal.com

Why, why and why? :head:
Fuck Inter, those bastards. I hope they get stripped of the Scudetto they got last year. Fucking bastards, all the time critisising us and Juve and meanwhile they were probably as guilty as all the rest. Fuck you Inter!

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
teis said:
Fuck Inter, those bastards. I hope they get stripped of the Scudetto they got last year. Fucking bastards, all the time critisising us and Juve and meanwhile they were probably as guilty as all the rest. Fuck you Inter!
correct and fuck them :)

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
milanissimo said:
Yeah :D .

Inter are whinning about Milan's presence in the CsL 06-07 semis :D , they are going to keep whinning more because we are going to Athens. They said after what we did in Serie A, "Milan do not deserve to play in the CsL" LMAO @ this comment. Obviously they are jealous. Noobs.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
milanissimo said:
This really makes me furious, all the time making everybody believe they are clean, they are an example for the rest. Fuckers!

I hope we get the 2005 scudetto and Inter get stripped from the 2006 scudetto.

kakarulez

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I understand everyones frustration at inter, but i think it's just best that this whole thing is laid to rest, and italian football starts on a new page!

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
kakarulez said:
I understand everyones frustration at inter, but i think it's just best that this whole thing is laid to rest, and italian football starts on a new page!
Hell no!!!

Let Inter suffer and go to the Serie B!

Have I said this makes me furious :)

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Thank you Calciopoli Scandal!! Get that up ya Inter!!

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
If Juventus and Milan were in middle of it .. there is no chance that Inter were that honest..

But anyway , thanks Calciopoli .. we got the final!!

Reaction score
Channel 4 is reporting that Inter will celebrate their Scudetto on the 27th. While it is after the last game of the season it does sound like they want to get the last word in after the Athens to try to oneup Milan
wait! is that the sound of Moratti banging his fists on the floor throwing a tantrum....."we won we won really we won...no fair"......

redeyes

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Paolo, Rino, Pirlo
swissard said:
Channel 4 is reporting that Inter will celebrate their Scudetto on the 27th. While it is after the last game of the season it does sound like they want to get the last word in after the Athens to try to oneup Milan
wait! is that the sound of Moratti banging his fists on the floor throwing a tantrum....."we won we won really we won...no fair"......
realistically, no one will give a fuck what inter did if we win in athens? 'really inter won the scudetto? milan r the best in europe so who cares'
i am gutted that we aren't playing them at this stage in the season coz we would ruin them

Reaction score
redeyes said:
realistically, no one will give a fuck what inter did if we win in athens? 'really inter won the scudetto? milan r the best in europe so who cares'
i am gutted that we aren't playing them at this stage in the season coz we would ruin them
I'd like to agree with you, but in other places like here in the UK, many see ACM for their position in the league. A lot of non-fans of Italian football I know regard ACM as a worse club than Inter and even Roma (!!). While I'd like us to win the CL, given how our reputation has been knocked, Inter coming out of everything smelling of roses is too much to bear.

FaraJ

;}
Reaction score
Financial scandal to hit clubs?

A new scandal is set to hit Italian football after Sampdoria and Messina were accused of some very creative accounting.

The investigation into the financial affairs of Serie A clubs has concluded with warnings that Sampdoria President Riccardo Garrone, director general Beppe Marotta, Messina patron Pietro Franza and Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani (pictured) could possibly face charges.

The inquiry began when former Bologna President Giuseppe Gazzoni Frascara accused several clubs of “administrative doping.”

The allegations stretch back to 2002-03 and claim that the sides artificially inflated the prices of youth team players to make their balance sheets look healthier than they really were.

Specifically the investigation is based around Ikechukwu Kalù, who had half his contract sold by Samp to Milan for £1.3m and Luca Antonini moving the other way for £2.7m.

Messina risk far more, as the local courts allege that all the balance sheets between 2001 and 2006 were affected by similar strategies. No charges have yet been brought.

Channel4.com

???????????????

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Well Inter were cleared of the very same crime last Summer, along with Milan. If I recall correctly it was to do with players being sold/half sold between us. So this latest "scandal" is nothing new, but it will be interesting to see what punishments are handed out this time, might just convince me that Inter do have a dark hand to play after all - but unlikely.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
FaraJ said:
Financial scandal to hit clubs?
A new scandal is set to hit Italian football after Sampdoria and Messina were accused of some very creative accounting.
They all do it. Milan did it + might still be doing it (it's kind of B's specialty to make+move money if you know what I mean). I could give it a shot too, if s.o. paid me decently enough... LOL :D (offers to passion4damoney@offshoremailboxDOTcomma)

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Passion for *9* said:
They all do it. Milan did it + might still be doing it (it's kind of B's specialty to make+move money if you know what I mean).
Absolutely. Milan payed over 60 million euros in 2001 for Rui Costa and Pippo alone. Anyone who thinks that Fiorentina were cut a 40 million check and Juve received 25 million right away are mad. This is a gateway for lack of financial integrity and I am sure many irregularities and non-prudent practices could have been unearthed if a control audited be conducted (without even mentioning other players procured in this timeframe).

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Tsar said:
Its not recent either, Lentini anyone?
An again. Outside of delinquent financial practices.....after arriving in Milan....we all had to wish that Juve were the ones to win that bidding war. Obviously that accident he was in contributed to his poor Milan stint.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
kakarulez said:
De Santis: Moggi Never Called Me, Facchetti Yes

The former referee involved in the Calciopoli scandal appeared on an Italian television program of ‘Antenna 3’, where he gave his point of view and his 'truths' about the scandal which rocked Italian football in the past summer.

New revelations by Massimo De Sanctis risk to create a new storm in Italian football, as the former referee accused of manipulating matches in favour of Juventus declared that Luciano Moggi never called him, but on the other hand Inter’s Giacinto Facchetti was obsessive with his phone calls.

"I declare that I never, and I say never, spoke on the phone with Luciano Moggi and that I never took a foreign SIM card from him. Actually I will say more, I usually spoke on a regular basis with other football directors.

"I used to talk often with Facchetti and Meani. With Giacinto Facchetti I had a very good rapport and I must say that in various circumstances he was very obsessive.

"His requests at times went further than the law could permit. But I never took them into consideration, because when I went on the pitch I only thought about directing matches fairly.

"Even Moratti knows about these things. I hate talking about a person who unfortunately is not here anymore, but I'm very available to make public my telephone printouts, so that everyone can know that these rapports were real."

These revelations will probably not tarnish Inter's Scudetto celebrations, but will surely make Juve and their fans ask for more clarity in the investigations and a fairer, more balanced, judgement towards everyone.

Source: Goal.com

Why, why and why? :head:
Wasn't Fachetti a head-man from Inter, so actually to should be punished now, if I'm correct ?

But why ain't I surprised that the media isn't telling anything about this ? :head:

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Kakà_&_Gourcuff said:
Wasn't Fachetti a head-man from Inter, so actually to should be punished now, if I'm correct ?

But why ain't I surprised that the media isn't telling anything about this ? :head:
That would be a bit morbid today, no?

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Savicevic, Massaro, Simone, Sheva, Kaka and Maldini
Calciopoli hearings-Moggi still influencing Serie A despite ban?

Prosecutors have opened a new investigation into former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi, who was at the centre of last year's Calciopoli scandal, alleging he continued to have an influence on Italian football after he was banned.

Magistrates presented new wiretaps at a preliminary hearing in Naples today that will be used in the fresh probe into Moggi and other people for alleged criminal association.

The wiretaps concern phone calls between October 2006 and March 2007, after a sports tribunal banned Moggi from football for five years as well as punishing referees, club directors and former Italian federation officials.

Saturday's hearing was held to decide whether 37 people accused of sporting fraud for their involvement in the scandal, including Moggi, should be sent to a criminal trial.

The hearing was adjourned to Feb. 8.

Moggi possibly faces prison if sent to trial and found guilty. Lazio President Claudio Lotito and Fiorentina Honorary President Diego Della Valle are also among the accused.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldFootballNews/idUKL1504255620071215?rpc=401&am p;

have to say this has got me worried, what happens if we face harsher punishment like relegation or heavy points deduction again.

Last edited:

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
Interceptazione FC still listening huh? Lol, I'm sure Milan has nothing to worry about this time. I think they will try to sink Lazio and Juventus again (especialy the latter as they pose a threat to Inter Serie A supremacy far sooner than Moratti feared they would)

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
I read today that Moratti is not happy with the Calciopolo and wants another Scudetto back :rolleyes:
Maybe he wants few CL trophies to be given to him on the way:o?

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Well the story doesn't link us, but let's say that the original calciopoli didn't either, so there's a possibility we might end up in there yet again :rolleyes:.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lotito should be imprisoned because of his sheer incompetence at running Lazio this season alone.

superbaim

ICE MAN
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gattuso
calciopolli scandal doesnt suprise me...i know it there must be something wrong ,especially with juventus....

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Don`t really know were to put this so here we go,were ok:

FALSE BALANCE: MILAN AND INTER CLEARED BY GUP
1/31/2008

MILAN - The Judge of the preliminary audience of Milan, Paola Di Lorenzo, has cleared Adriano Galliani, vice-president and general manager of Milan, Rinaldo Ghelfi, vice-president of Inter and Mauro Gambaro, former Nerazzurro director, accused by the power of attorny of Milan of false balance. The judge has also cleared Milan and Inter, accused from the law on the administrative responsibility. (ANSA).

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldo, Pato, Seedorf, Nesta, Gourcuff,Inzaghi.......
Az. said:
Don`t really know were to put this so here we go,were ok:

FALSE BALANCE: MILAN AND INTER CLEARED BY GUP
1/31/2008

MILAN - The Judge of the preliminary audience of Milan, Paola Di Lorenzo, has cleared Adriano Galliani, vice-president and general manager of Milan, Rinaldo Ghelfi, vice-president of Inter and Mauro Gambaro, former Nerazzurro director, accused by the power of attorny of Milan of false balance. The judge has also cleared Milan and Inter, accused from the law on the administrative responsibility. (ANSA).
is this for last season??

can they give us back the 8 points and start that season all over again??

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
Haha here we go again (well, Juventus is anyway), fresh from the press this afternoon : (Milan News, Giornalo delle Sport, Gazetta)

Alessio Secco, attuale ds della Juventus, e Roberto Bettega, ex vice-presidente della società bianconera, sono stati deferiti dal procuratore Stefano Palazzi per aver partecipato alla trattativa per l'acquisto del difensore Domenico Criscito dal Genoa col presidente Enrico Preziosi, inibito in via definitiva dalla giustizia sportiva. Deferite anche le società Juventus e Genoa per responsabilità oggettiva.

Altri dirigenti invece (Rino Foschi, Aldo Spinelli) sono stati deferiti per aver intrattenuto rapporti con Luciano Moggi, anch'egli inibito dalla giustizia sportiva.

For people not understanding Italian, in a nutshell :

Secco (current DG of Juventus) and Bettega (ex member of the infamous Triade), the clubs Juventus and Genoa are placed under accusation by Stefano "Inter" Palazzi for :

- inconsistencies in the transfers of Domenico Criscito
- maintaining contact with Luciano Moggi during his suspension/radiation

I wonder if Inter is still taping telephones LMAO

Schedule